Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

I am pressing images that represent letters of the English alphabet on a brick made of metal and plastic in order to express my disapproval of this lovely comic.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
Truly, deconstructing normal things so they sound weird is the height of comedy. Aha ha hah.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Hey guys: poops!

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Truly, deconstructing normal things so they sound weird is the height of comedy. Aha ha hah.
Besides, Santa doesn't break in. He just magics down the chimney. No breaking involved.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

ty for writing this via your typewriter-phone

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Karate Bastard posted:

Hey guys: poops!

Cutbu is unironically better than most comics in this thread.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

PYF Cutbu: No Other Comics Allowed

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

this thread's sense of humour and imagination is so narrowed down and warped that only one comic can encapsulate the "funny comic", RIP a magical world of beauty and creativity.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

this thread's sense of humour and imagination is so narrowed down and warped that only one comic can encapsulate the "funny comic", RIP a magical world of beauty and creativity.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

thx friend.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Well poo poo I forgot the asterisks.

Hey guys: *poops*!

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

This really needs the alt text:

quote:

Ronnie is slumped miserably as he makes his way to the town's apocalypse bunker. He's the last to arrive, and as he enters, he is greeted by the expectant gaze of the townsfolk who are awaiting his posterior-inspired quip. A hush envelops the room as Ronnie skulks to his cot. Wishing only to break the silence, he mutters in a whisper, "It came from a galaxy fart fart away..." Applause erupts.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I like this!

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

They never rhymed
with 'burma shave'
needs one more tomb
this joke to save

burma shave.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I've only seen one Burma Shave ad in the wild and I'm not old enough to know them in their heyday.

But goddamn it if I don't love these gags.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
We still postin' our favorite Cutbu?

right to the point.

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Krinkle posted:

They never rhymed
with 'burma shave'
needs one more tomb
this joke to save

burma shave.
It's a shame
they did it wrong
their claim to fame
now isn't strong
Christ, what an rear end in a top hat.

freebooter
Jul 7, 2009

Cicadas! posted:

Now you wanna talk regression, we can talk about Penny Arcade and its devolvement into [words] and godawful kricfalusi faces. I think it may actually have more buckleyboxes than CAD does now.

Has Gabe ever said anything about how his art style has changed so drastically? Or has anyone else ever written anything about it?

It always looked to me like he just sort of got bored with drawing the comic, and decided to make the characters' faces hugely expressive at all times with no correlation to what's actually going on in the dialogue.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Gabe is a modern-day Louis Wain.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Gabe wanted to draw more like the artist behind Ren and Stimpy, and then Penny Arcade found a business manager who made them rich, and then he stopped really caring and figured whatever he did, no matter how it looked, would be great because it was his own style.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
I don't hate Penny Arcade's art

But the comic has gotten insanely lazy in topics. I think they'd quit if they felt they could

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Sometimes the faces on penny arcade make me laugh.

The words rarely do.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
I think PAX is bigger than the comic at this point.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
The gently caress's up with that hand eh?

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

freebooter posted:

Has Gabe ever said anything about how his art style has changed so drastically? Or has anyone else ever written anything about it?

It always looked to me like he just sort of got bored with drawing the comic, and decided to make the characters' faces hugely expressive at all times with no correlation to what's actually going on in the dialogue.

I think I might have heard it at a PAX Q&A or something but he said more or less that he wants to avoid stagnating and being like other copy/paste comics we all know and love. I'm not a huge fan of the results but it's a good idea overall.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2015/01/19/about-drawing

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

freebooter posted:

I'm pretty sure that Tycho introduced Gabe to weed at some point in the past couple of years.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Ryoshi posted:

I'm pretty sure that Tycho introduced Gabe to weed at some point in the past couple of years.

I ain't buying it, cause weed usually makes your art better while smoking it, not worse

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Yeah but then you come down and see what you actually drew.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I'm curious what you guys all think the peak of penny arcade's artistry was. I'm not really seeing this huge decline in quality everyone's talking about.

Quad
Dec 31, 2007

I've seen pogs you people wouldn't believe

Dr_Amazing posted:

I'm curious what you guys all think the peak of penny arcade's artistry was. I'm not really seeing this huge decline in quality everyone's talking about.

Dunno the date, but it's whenever the guy pressed the "randomize line length" button and it got stuck on, and he started putting Ren and Stimpy on in the background every time he would draw.

Soul Reaver
Mar 8, 2009

in retrospect the old redtext was a little over the top, I think I was in a bad mood that day. it appears you've learned your lesson about slagging our gods and masters at beamdog but I'm still going to leave this av up because i think its funny

god bless
Oh boy, it's almost Christmas!

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Quad posted:

Dunno the date, but it's whenever the guy pressed the "randomize line length" button and it got stuck on, and he started putting Ren and Stimpy on in the background every time he would draw.

Which year did Gabe touch you in the No-No zone?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
All day, every day. It's never not Goofy time.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
same

• Locked thread