Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Wanamingo posted:

I'm going to play the devil's advocate here and point out that the thing at the end with the rear end to the face is at least a real move in women's wrestling

Maybe not the best defense given :vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Stuntman posted:

Conservatives assuming Al Jazeera is some scary Muslim news channel will never get old.

My dad was like this until oddly enough the San Bernardino shooting. I've always told him that AJ was a good news source, then I get a text about him being impressed with their journalism and how he'll have to keep watching them.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

MizPiz posted:

Maybe not the best defense given :vince:

using your rear end to defend yourself doesn't seem very reliable

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Here's a fun fact. There are more English speakers in China than there are in the USA.

Sickening.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Here's a fun fact. There are more English speakers in China than there are in the USA.

Sickening.

pls don't derail our current derailment about bideogame titties tia

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

It's Street Fighter, though. Do the characters even show battle damage?

The whole drat thing is problematic, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbDSvRMc9rQ

The ad before that video was some anime fighting game (?) where the character's tits and rear end were blurred out. For a moment I thought Capcom did that. Then the skip ad button showed up, so I clicked it. Then it got worse.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

NotAnArtist posted:

pls don't derail our current derailment about bideogame titties tia

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
This was commented on by a friend of mine. It was about petition.org crashing because some many people signed the "keep Trump out of Britain" petition

http://i.imgur.com/6ak7zrP.jpg

Yea, I'm sure being upset that your entire race/relgion/culture a bunch of subhumans that are responsible for all the problems in the world is just being oversensitive. Also, what the gently caress does that have to do with guns?

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

Hotair.com

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

twistedmentat posted:

This was commented on by a friend of mine. It was about petition.org crashing because some many people signed the "keep Trump out of Britain" petition

http://i.imgur.com/6ak7zrP.jpg

Yea, I'm sure being upset that your entire race/relgion/culture a bunch of subhumans that are responsible for all the problems in the world is just being oversensitive. Also, what the gently caress does that have to do with guns?
What the gently caress did you do to that poor jpg?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Stuntman posted:

What the gently caress did you do to that poor jpg?

It looked fine at first, then imgur did something weird to it.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I have resorted to just straight up asking for peer reviewed articles on whatever bullshit some fear mongering bigot has to say about Muslims. 99% of the time they hand wave, call me an idiot, or straight up refuse to acknowledge that their bullshit is bullshit.

However I have found it does make them super SUPER angry to be asked to backup their claims.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I had someone say that 50% of Muslims in America wanted Sharia Law. I asked for a source, which was a phone survey of 600 people

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Arctic Baldwin posted:

I had someone say that 50% of Muslims in America wanted Sharia Law. I asked for a source, which was a phone survey of 600 people

loving lol. Let me know when they poll 800.

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Arctic Baldwin posted:

I mean, that's not even really the problem with that, the problem is that it's pretty much the equivalent of asking devout Christians if our country "should follow God's law". Of course most will say yes, that's the entire point of being part of a religious faith, that its truths are higher than that of men, including nations. We don't act shocked or horrified that a large percentage of Christians or Jews would say similar things.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

ratbert90 posted:

I have resorted to just straight up asking for peer reviewed articles on whatever bullshit some fear mongering bigot has to say about Muslims. 99% of the time they hand wave, call me an idiot, or straight up refuse to acknowledge that their bullshit is bullshit.

However I have found it does make them super SUPER angry to be asked to backup their claims.

True. Sometimes when I get bored I enjoy going into racist threads on 4chan and getting into arguments, because I'm wasting my life. If you've ever been to these threads, they post images with statistics proving that black people are worse than white people, with a long url as the source. I proceed to type out that url, and as the person posting the image to tell me exactly where there saw that information because it's not in the link they posted. People get super pissed, calling me a libtard or whatever term they use for "non-racist" and I say they talk pretty big for people who don't include sources for their claims. That's when they lose it, it's pretty fun.

I mean, maybe you might be on the wrong side of an issue if you have to make up everything to support your claim? Just saying.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I get poo poo all the time about how some percentage (30, 40, 50) of Muslims are radical and want to destroy the United States.

They don't realize that if half the total Muslims on the planet wanted to take over America, they would have 0 issue doing it right now because they'd be in the hundreds of millions.

The most recent perpetrator is someone that I had to teach fractions to while he was in his 30s, yet he's going to figure out how to vote.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Rolo posted:

They don't realize that if half the total Muslims on the planet wanted to take over America, they would have 0 issue doing it right now because they'd be in the hundreds of millions.

With what mythical navy would they be transporting these millions of soldiers?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

zVxTeflon posted:

Rafting on the floating corpses of the first million to drown trying to swim, duh.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My sources tell me they're currently making boats and planes out of people.

Edit: yeah what he said.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

zVxTeflon posted:

Well, apparently the highest muslim population in the world is in Indonesia, a nation made up of islands, so I assume they have some kind of ability to make boats.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

RFC2324 posted:

Well, apparently the highest muslim population in the world is in Indonesia, a nation made up of islands, so I assume they have some kind of ability to make boats.

As an Australian please don't mention this, it's very triggering.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

RFC2324 posted:

I thought it was malyasia? either way boats a plenty

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

Stealth boats?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

zVxTeflon posted:

If we're playing out the "millions of Muslims across the world join together to fight the West" scenario, it wouldn't be hard for them to acquire. They can buy a lot of ships privately and retrofit them for war. If you want proper naval ships, there are Muslims serving in various countries' armed forces, including navies. Commandeering a few ships with the help of some irregular fighters (pirates, insurgents, defecting soldiers) is doable; even more so if they have help from one of the hundreds of ships already used by the navies of various Muslim countries (like Saudi Arabia, Iran, Indonesia, etc.).

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Arctic Baldwin posted:

Doesn't like 90% of Sharia just relate to solving everyday disputes like minor contractual disputes and financial/property disagreements anyway? In non-majority-muslim countries where it is in wide use, it's pretty much like voluntary out of court arbitration where both parties agree to abide by the decision of the scholar/Imam/Sharia court (I don't pretend to know the details).

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fatkraken posted:

Doesn't like 90% of Sharia just relate to solving everyday disputes like minor contractual disputes and financial/property disagreements anyway? In non-majority-muslim countries where it is in wide use, it's pretty much like voluntary out of court arbitration where both parties agree to abide by the decision of the scholar/Imam/Sharia court (I don't pretend to know the details).

In non-sharia countries that allow it it's basically like in America how the Amish and orthodox jews are able to settle minor problems in their communities without getting police involved. It doesn't apply to gross assault or murder or grand theft or anything that's outside the reach of the group they agreed to be a part of. Like if a bunch of white people lived in a community and arbitrated out punishments and stuff for minor infractions and the people involved were all willingly apart of it that would be fine as well. Oh wait, that also happens all over the US

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

NotAnArtist posted:

Capcom's treatment of Rainbow Mika is a slap in the face of all gamers and a reminder their company panders to casuals and worse trash

oldpainless posted:

Look like a proud woman confident of her body and fighting ability.

Gotta love how no matter where, no matter when, the moment someone argues for the reduction of sexual pandering in games, someone else always feels the need to come out of the woodwork and pull out these arguments. We're just missing someone calling it censorship and crying against SJWs and we'll have the complete set.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

paradoxGentleman posted:

Gotta love how no matter where, no matter when, the moment someone argues for the reduction of sexual pandering in games, someone else always feels the need to come out of the woodwork and pull out these arguments. We're just missing someone calling it censorship and crying against SJWs and we'll have the complete set.

Both of those posters are joking

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Aesop Poprock posted:

Both of those posters are joking

But they're not even exaggerations of the kinds of people you find online. Like the joke is that it's not a joke to so many.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fashionable Jorts posted:

But they're not even exaggerations of the kinds of people you find online. Like the joke is that it's not a joke to so many.

I dunno she does look pretty confident, she destroyed that dude with her butt and didn't even flinch. You can't program that self esteem and bravery

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
also ibuki doesn't even wear underwear, wtf the gently caress is up with that

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

quote:

------> ::(: <-------- you clearly don't know westerners Ono......no wait, I take that back. Considering we bitch about every little subject I can see where he's coming from......I'm moving to japan.

quote:

Utter bullshit!

And yes, New Ken makes me way more uncomfortable than that juicy slap on that perfect rear end.

quote:

Even video games are not safe from PC culture.

Disgusting.

quote:

Because feminism and the "SJW" ruin just about everything

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

I can't write any accompanying text. This image says it all.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

BallisticClipboard posted:

I can't write any accompanying text. This image says it all.

But isn't freedom what the other people want? I thought liberals where the filthy nazis who want to kill freedom by telling racists to shut up?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
No no, free everything as in government hand outs. As a true liberal he wants everything provided for him for free without working. Duh.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Nuebot posted:

But isn't freedom what the other people want? I thought liberals where the filthy nazis who want to kill freedom by telling racists to shut up?

No, no see liberals want to force everybody that isn't a liberal to support liberals so they're the real tyrants.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
This thread makes me want to loving die. Who are those people? Why are they allowed to exist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Forgall posted:

This thread makes me want to loving die. Who are those people? Why are they allowed to exist?

Because of American Freedom :patriot: