Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Asiina posted:

High heels relatively successful. I had to spend some time sitting down but it was kind of a cocktail party with tables scattered around so that was fine.

I stayed for a reasonable amount of time and now I'm gonna go home and watch Agents if Shield in my underwear and just fully relax for the first time in over a week.

:dance:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Opopanax posted:

No you're like a bucket of crabs!

fair cop opop, that is pretty much what I'm like yeah.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Asiina posted:

High heels relatively successful. I had to spend some time sitting down but it was kind of a cocktail party with tables scattered around so that was fine.

I stayed for a reasonable amount of time and now I'm gonna go home and watch Agents if Shield in my underwear and just fully relax for the first time in over a week.

A successful evening from start to finish

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Puntification posted:

fair cop opop, that is pretty much what I'm like yeah.

Punt confirmed to be just a bunch of crabs in a trenchcoat

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I... agree... with lumpen. sort of.

In the sense of like, one of the biggest things threatened by environmental damage is human existence. So like, it's bad in that it's bad for us as a species, the value you place on that is up to you. Also threatens a lot of other species but the morality of that is questionable in a different way.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus free of chrono trigger

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I... agree... with lumpen. sort of.

In the sense of like, one of the biggest things threatened by environmental damage is human existence. So like, it's bad in that it's bad for us as a species, the value you place on that is up to you. Also threatens a lot of other species but the morality of that is questionable in a different way.

The Earth's biome would eventually recover from the effects of human activity and have a new wave of biodiversity after human extinction. I happen to think humans are a-okay and hope that we survive.

I recommend heading into space.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Asiina posted:

This sounds like a pretty great evening, all in all.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Meinberg posted:

I recommend heading into space.

I have just the plan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljmEkWkT5Qc

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Thanks, Secret Santa! Wish you would have included a name hint! I would have never bought this for myself due to pretentious ~it's by that guy from that internet comic~ reasons, but I know a lot of friends who are going to love playing this with me. Thank you so much. :)

My secret santa is getting their gift ... soon.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Ernie. posted:

Thanks, Secret Santa! Wish you would have included a name hint! I would have never bought this for myself due to pretentious ~it's by that guy from that internet comic~ reasons, but I know a lot of friends who are going to love playing this with me. Thank you so much. :)

A bad game....

but if you and your friends have fun playing it, then rock on!

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
lumpen you are dumb. saying that you cant call certain states of our environment objectively bad is like saying you cant exactly call cancer bad, because its just a different kind of growth. what we are doing to the environment is going to KILL us so therefore it is BAD.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
youre welcome ernie :)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Ernie. posted:

I got this for Hanukkah from my brother! If you play it before me please post a trip report

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I have it but have not played it AMA

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I was scheduled for one day next week, so I think I'm officially laid off. We'll see what my managers say on my next workday. It was a seasonal position so no skin off my back.

I don't really care either wayyyyyy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Asiina posted:

I have it but have not played it AMA

WHY DO I FART SO MUCH

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
You are made of farts.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I got this for Hanukkah from my brother! If you play it before me please post a trip report

I got it for my wife but after the whole sending me to jail thing I think I'll just keep it. We can play it over the phone!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

All I have is snarky jokes, so I can't tell them. Why do I try to be nice?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CCKeane posted:

WHY DO I FART SO MUCH

I would say it's from eating too many eggs but we all know what a failure you are.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
smash keane eat the eggs

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I would say it's from eating too many eggs but we all know what a failure you are.

Am I missing a joke

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Keane thought he could eat a lot of eggs in an hour. He could not.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I really gotta work on my work flow. This is way too late for me to be finishing up my work for the day.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Ugh so sorry about falling asleep with Chrono Trigger player, I usually just go into the music room to talk and no one was and I fell asleep. Sorry sorry.

let's try to not let that happen again!

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus

Also:

Lumpen posted:

I think it's very presumptuous to label anything as "bad" for the environment. There's no environmental situation that is inherently or objectively "better" or "worse". It's all just a matter of subjective preference. Life, and humanity, is very adaptable, and besides humans are just as "natural" as any other living thing on Earth, so everything we do is in harmony with nature by definition.

Due to the COP 21 being here, and specifically because of an unwelcome house guest who is using our flat to participate, I have had the environment on my mind for a couple of weeks. I do think we've ireedeemably hosed up the environment and it's both a feather in our cap (we can ACTUALLY change the world guys!) and a black eye (Oh poo poo we actually changed the world!). That said I'm not as doom and gloom about because A) the human species is overrated and we can't expect to be around forever, if we end up destroying ourselves due to this crap, as long as the planet exists, to quote Jurassic Park, life will find a way, and heck it may even once again be intelligent life! Honestly I think that's a pretty nice idea. Also, we're incredibly adaptable and sure many people may die, myself included, but we'll manage it one desperate way or another.

I take the consequences as you will, but you have to admit we did manage to do something unexpected here.

What I don't get is how you can say what you say straight faced lumpen and yet put natural in quotation marks.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

I think he just means that he believes that human effects on the environment should be viewed with the same lens as animals who change their environment: beavers who build dams destroy habitats, ants that dig tunnels displace populations, and so on. Humans exist, therefore they have a claim to change the environment.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Pinterest Mom posted:

I think he just means that he believes that human effects on the environment should be viewed with the same lens as animals who change their environment: beavers who build dams destroy habitats, ants that dig tunnels displace populations, and so on. Humans exist, therefore they have a claim to change the environment.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

chaoslord posted:

This is the only community I play mafia in so I can't speak to specifics because, like BK said, I feel like this is a good welcoming group, but in general I'd imagine because it's a game of social interaction. Without body language to help clue our instincts on whether someone is lying, we add meta reads on how people post. This has an unintentional consequence of people saying "X is trying way harder than normal so they are scum" which, while it might be true, can look daunting to a newcomer because they don't have that fountain of information to use. In person even someone new to a group can try to read body language but it's a much tougher task for a new person to tell if the tone or effort of a poster is different than normal. This extra hurdle can turn people away since it can appear to be a huge barrier to entry. It makes it appear as if we are a closed insular group when the reality is we have just played a jillion games with each other
Oh yeah this makes sense. Thanks. I've been around the fringes of SA mafia (I took part in a Survivor game) and did find there were some genuinely warm people here.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Lampascus, I'm sorry if you've been reading this thread and got the vibe of "cool" because in reality,

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

BabeLiker90 posted:

Lampascus, I'm sorry if you've been reading this thread and got the vibe of "cool" because in reality,

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

FoxTerrier posted:

Anyone who claims to [not open their Secret Santa immediately] is a dirty, dirty liar.

From a few pages back but I can confirm this is true. Thanks, Santa :toot: WWE Coloring book + DVD of Christmas themed matches. Have a good lead in for TLC this Sunday now.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i've been lurking watching SA mafia games since i registered pretty much, and only started playing this year. y'all are pretty chill really, don't be intimidated other new dudes :unsmith:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Someone Awful! posted:

i've been lurking watching SA mafia games since i registered pretty much, and only started playing this year. y'all are pretty chill really, don't be intimidated other new dudes :unsmith:

I'LL SLIT YOUR DOG'S THROAT AND gently caress THE HOLE

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Look, my dog isn't that into you, man

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Puntification posted:

Lampascus, I'm glad if you've been reading this thread and got the vibe of "cool" from me because you are correct,

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

BabeLiker90 posted:

Look, my dog isn't that into you, man

*strips, covers self in bacon grease, runs around Diqnol's house, laughs as Diqnol is unable to complete a tackle*

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

CCKeane posted:

good news: i don't have a dog!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Someone Awful! posted:

good news: i don't have a dog!