Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Feindfeuer posted:

Do the Brits get Hedgehog anti-submarine projectors later on? That would be sweet and would get me to tech down the british DD line just for that.

I think they would be rather OP and they need to think about balancing before implementing that.

e: Pre-Nerf Hedgehogs in NF were OP as gently caress. Especially on the DD MP. Turned you into a driving shotgun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Even without Hedgehogs the british DCs are pretty hilarious. The T3 DD launches two at the back like usual, but two more are launched about a ship-length away to either side. I dunno if I'll every actually manage to hit something with that, but it sure gives you a much larger threat radius against deep subs.

Also, Pubbies.jpg:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I can't find many reasons to play british carriers except that their torpedo bomber in tier 10 is the best despite it being the slowest

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

quote:

New Japanese, American and British paints

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

tripple post combo

the patch notes are amazing

https://steamcommunity.com/app/390670/discussions/0/494631967651246417/

fleet battle time has been changed to tuesday and saturday

I don't even know what "increase all the aircraft carriers' oil amount" means

If you are a sub waiting for a match, they have to pair a DD on the other team. This will be ignored if you wait 5 minutes in que.

No more MVPs tier 4 and below

:siren:

quote:

Add DIY painting function. Add English description of painting configuration location under DIY file catalog.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Steel Ocean\SeaGame\DIYPaintConfig

quote:

1. Find the SeaGame folder in the installation directory (Usually: "\Steel Ocean\SeaGame"). Find the DIYPaintConfig folder in SeaGame.
2. Place the paint pictures you want to use in this folder. Paint picture format can be .jpg, .bmp, .png with a size no larger than 12 MB and a resolution no more than 4096x4096. Pictures that don¡¯t meet the format and size requirements cannot be seen in game.
3. After placing your paint pictures, you need to edit the file "DIYShipPaint.xml". Open the file with notepad to see the content below:
<DIYPaintDesc VehicleId="1" Name="Bismarck" DIYPaintLoc="" Enabled="0"/>
<DIYPaintDesc VehicleId="3" Name="Agano" DIYPaintLoc="Agano" Enabled="0"/>
¡­
"Name" means the name of a ship. "DIYPaintLoc" is used for filling in the name of your paint picture (file suffixes must be included). "Enabled" indicates whether the current paint is being used. "0" means it is currently disabled and "1" means it has been enabled. When enabled, the ship¡¯s paint will be changed to the one you configured.

Configuration Results:
1. Not Configured:
<DIYPaintDesc VehicleId="1" Name="Bismarck" DIYPaintLoc="" Enabled="0"/>
2. Configured But Disabled:
<DIYPaintDesc VehicleId="1" Name="Bismarck" DIYPaintLoc="Ship Painting.jpg" Enabled="0"/>
3. Configured and Enabled:
<DIYPaintDesc VehicleId="1" Name="Bismarck" DIYPaintLoc="Ship Painting.jpg" Enabled="1"/>

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

So are these custom DIY paintjobs gonna be visible to other people?

Third World Reggin posted:

I can't find many reasons to play british carriers except that their torpedo bomber in tier 10 is the best despite it being the slowest

This makes me kinda sad.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

I don't even know what "increase all the aircraft carriers' oil amount" means

Gonna assume flight length of Aircraft.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Galaga Galaxian posted:

So are these custom DIY paintjobs gonna be visible to other people?

They are not. I made a yellow submarine and only I can see it.

The new american USA USA USA one is a legit paint job that everyone can see.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Dec 10, 2015

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Looks like some new events are up. Including some gold doubling recharge bonus things, not sure if those stack with the normal recharge bonus things. You can get 180 merit a day by winning two 5v5 fights. Also a Japanese version of ToraToraTora is up, 3 Japs sunk = 90 merit.

Also, you can get 5 adv smoke bombs for winning two Tier 9/10 matches, lol.

[edit] The special national paint schemes are 125 gold for a 7 day rental :laugh:

Meat_Grinder
Nov 29, 2015

Michaellaneous posted:

Gonna assume flight length of Aircraft.

Frankly, not surprising, considering that pre-patch CV could dodge mid range torpedoes from compete stop. Hopefully they also added mass to those.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Fubuki is unstoppable. I've won gunfights with cruisers with the stupid thing, it is so much with the shooting. Two salvos will wipe out most DDs.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Meat_Grinder posted:

Frankly, not surprising, considering that pre-patch CV could dodge mid range torpedoes from compete stop. Hopefully they also added mass to those.

Wait what :confused:

How does any of this have to do with flight length time?

Meat_Grinder
Nov 29, 2015

Michaellaneous posted:

Wait what :confused:

How does any of this have to do with flight length time?

LoL, blond moment here. I was thinking about actual CV size. Missed the oil part

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The premium CL, oyodo is a light cruiser that can carry up to 12 planes, including torpedo bombers.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Panzeh posted:

The premium CL, oyodo is a light cruiser that can carry up to 12 planes, including torpedo bombers.

Amazing.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Pacra posted:

Amazing.

Put in the Ise CV with 20 planes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The DC spread on the Tier II (and maybe all) British destroyers is interesting. Takes a second or so for those side ones to get lobbed out that far though, so the timing is a bit weird.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Night10194 posted:

The Fubuki is unstoppable. I've won gunfights with cruisers with the stupid thing, it is so much with the shooting. Two salvos will wipe out most DDs.

Bought the fubuki on a whim, got 7 kills first game, 5 kills the next :pwn:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

The Fubuki is amazing, the Hatsuhara is not quite as good IMO, but still awesome.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Trip Report on British Destroyers: :mediocre:

They're slow, their guns are short ranged, the Tier 3 DD has no manual AA guns, the Tier 4 DD has a single 4-tube centerline launcher.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

The DC spread on the Tier II (and maybe all) British destroyers is interesting. Takes a second or so for those side ones to get lobbed out that far though, so the timing is a bit weird.

Hedgehogs!

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Nah, they just shoot normal DC cans really far to the sides.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Trip Report on British Destroyers: :mediocre:

They're slow, their guns are short ranged, the Tier 3 DD has no manual AA guns, the Tier 4 DD has a single 4-tube centerline launcher.

The really accurate guns are kind of nice for fighting other DDs, though.

I mean, it's no Fubuki.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Probably is, I often found myself out of range of other destroyers while they were taking pot shots at me. At least it felt like it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

For me the main drawback is the poor spotting range. Everything else I can offset or take as a tradeoff, but a DD with poor base spotting range hurts. Especially when the enemy scout screen then sees you first.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

With the same upgrades/officers, the Tier 3 Brit DD only had a bit over 100m less spotting range than my Fubuki, it isn't that bad on spotting.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

With the same upgrades/officers, the Tier 3 Brit DD only had a bit over 100m less spotting range than my Fubuki, it isn't that bad on spotting.

Also remember that the average player in this game is a spectacular idiot and does not have the rangefinder, so you'll usually spot them first anyway.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

James Garfield posted:

Also remember that the average player in this game is a spectacular idiot and does not have the rangefinder, so you'll usually spot them first anyway.

Why would anyone do that? It is so very, very good.

Also, how does Goonfleet get together for good times? I'd kind of like to get in on the fleet battles and learn how bad I actually am at this game.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Night10194 posted:

Also, how does Goonfleet get together for good times? I'd kind of like to get in on the fleet battles and learn how bad I actually am at this game.

Ask in fleetchat.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Night10194 posted:

Just get on Camping the Stairs, we hang out in one of the misc channels down at the bottom.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Does spotting distance work on carriers too?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Assuming you mean scout range upgrades? The carrier itself? Almost certainly. The planes? Rather unlikely.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Assuming you mean scout range upgrades? The carrier itself? Almost certainly. The planes? Rather unlikely.

Obviously not for the planes. But having the spotter upgrade on a CV - for the lack of something better - seems like a good idea to defend a bit better against plane attacks.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
Oyodo trip report:

The guns are actually pretty good against destroyers and subs- this thing is probably the ultimate sub hunter with torpedo bombers, tightly spread guns, and depth charges.

Also it has 16 AA guns.

I've been getting about two kills a game with it and learned how to aim torp bombers with it, though the planes it has are flimsy as hell.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

:fap:

:flashfap:

Meat_Grinder
Nov 29, 2015
That time, when you kill everyone. How? :D

Also Jerkjerk reports that you can still get MVP as T4.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
How do you sink enough friendlies as a carrier to go blue, but also not trying enough to go farther than -1.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Kylra posted:

How do you sink enough friendlies as a carrier to go blue, but also not trying enough to go farther than -1.

Haha I only now just noticed that.
Amazing.

e: I also went ahead and denied all the pubbies because.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I managed to run out of torpedoes as a sub.

After killing 3 BBs, a sub, and finishing a second sub with my deck gun.

I think I love subs now.

• Locked thread