Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...

Hey now, you only get 2 alpha strikes before you over heat and die :colbert:. That's like, only 2 kills. 3 if some mechs stand in a line.

Hi, new page. I have to admit that I like the music in the steam launch trailer. I also regret that I am 2Legit and won't get to play against new people coming in since I am stuck in the MLG tier 2, with such famous Youtube stars as...and also....uh....

\/\/I hardly ever get close enough with the Catapult to be able to brawl well. But my Atlas' always seem to sneak right up on groups of enemies :psyduck:

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Dec 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
I'm having fun in the Catapult again, missiles may be justifiably frowned upon by the hitscan laser elite but boy howdy is it amusing to know you're ruining someone elses fun with chainfired barrages. I have not looked far into the armor perk changes but are they overall buffs? Because these ear-arms feel a lot sturdier now.

Also just punching the daylights out of them with SRMs.
e: Thank goodness that mental illness passed in one evening.

Sard fucked around with this message at 09:37 on Dec 10, 2015

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I caved and I am reinstalling, but I am standing by the solemn Bible Oath I took to not give PGI money until ghost heat is removed. Anyway, first thing I noticed upon trying to download the client: PGI have somehow failed to put a giant obvious download link as the first thing you see on mwomercs.com. The only link I could find was small print under the tiny "Game" at the bottom of the screen. But not under the big "Game" right at the top above "BUY MECHS NOW $$$" :psyduck: How does it not occur to the same company that put out $500 gold mechs to put a download link at the top of their official webpage? :psypop:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Wafflecopper posted:

How does it not occur to the same company that put out $500 gold mechs to put a download link at the top of their official webpage? :psypop:

It's there, but only after you log in. If you're not logged in you get 'PLAY FOR FREE' instead.

:squawk:

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 06:59 on Dec 10, 2015

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

PoptartsNinja posted:

It's there, but only after you log in. If you're not logged in you get 'PLAY FOR FREE' instead.

Nope, I logged in and it was only right down the bottom.

Also the first thing I got after running the installer:

I didn't have the game installed. I uninstalled it, properly, months ago. I really don't think PGI wants me to play their game again.

e: oh ok I see play for free if I logout, I guess that was my fault for logging in before downloading the game!

Wafflecopper fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Dec 10, 2015

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Marijuana Nihilist posted:

Griffin + ECM + 4SRM6 is brutal

Having exhaustively ran both, the 4SRM4 w/ Artemis is way more lethal. Artemis makes a very significant difference. I can duel and core out someone way faster, 4SRM6 gives some higher damage numbers post game if I just shoot at assaults, but against mediums and lights the spread is such that a few missiles miss. Those missing missiles combined with the ones spreading to side torsos end up making a huge difference in a brawl.

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Hello again, MWO thread. Long time no see. I wanted to check in again because of the whole Steam re-release thing.

Are y'all still dramajerking about how your childhoods have been raped whilst still throwing money at PGI or have you guys moved on to actually talking about and enjoying the game?

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Yes.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Love Stole the Day posted:

Hello again, MWO thread. Long time no see. I wanted to check in again because of the whole Steam re-release thing.

Are y'all still dramajerking about how your childhoods have been raped whilst still throwing money at PGI or have you guys moved on to actually talking about and enjoying the game?

the dramajerking has moved to the steam forums. Game's mostly alright now.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
Well for what it's worth brawling is back. SRMs are good. Both 19 and Skoll ran Atlases together (Atlai?) and it was glorious when the team didn't just outrun them and leave them to die in the back.

But when everyone got on top of each other and they stormed in? The Atlas is scary, brawling was a thing again, SRMs flew. It was sorta like beta again and just a bunch of Birds in mumble shooting robits and hanging out. With a decent win ratio.

(Edit: just to be clear the Awesome is bad, so it's not specifically like Beta.)

Sharks Dont Sleep fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Dec 10, 2015

Luceid
Jan 20, 2005

Buy some freaking medicine.

the company is still full of idiots but you can play and enjoy it for like $5 imo. it's not the worst thing ever

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
It's kind of like CBT again where everything was chill and we just had fun in huge clusterfucks of brawls. Whilst I am in too many financial straits to make bad monetary decisions regarding this game, I've managed to grind out my first Clan mech after only a few nights of grinding with goons.

Don't pub it up and just play with goon drops and you'll have fun.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Having exhaustively ran both, the 4SRM4 w/ Artemis is way more lethal. Artemis makes a very significant difference. I can duel and core out someone way faster, 4SRM6 gives some higher damage numbers post game if I just shoot at assaults, but against mediums and lights the spread is such that a few missiles miss. Those missing missiles combined with the ones spreading to side torsos end up making a huge difference in a brawl.

I just tried this and yeah it's way better. Cooler too. What engine are you using? I'm on an XL 275 but I might try a 300 since i have one in a jenner.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Has it been so long since the game was good that we have forgotten that the proper plural is Atloxen?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

"whilst"

Major Spag
Nov 4, 2012
Lord help me, I am making a 2x UAC/5 MAD-3r with 2PPC in my right arm (left side = dead side).

So many bad decisions in my life!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Not enough bad decisions!

Run 3x AC5, 2 medium lasers with a shitload of ammo and a STD280 because gently caress speed you're a pillbox.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013
Does anyone have any advice on how to Ebon Jaguar?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Nickiepoo posted:

Does anyone have any advice on how to Ebon Jaguar?

what are you trying to do with it? abusing the high mounts with laser or gauss vomit seems to be the order of the day, although that's probably less effective now.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

ggclose

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug
Hi new thread. How are you?

I'm thinking of maybe hopping on for a bit for the steamy release to goof around with the old goons.

In the meantime, enjoy this screenshot of an angry furry from the mwo steam discussion forums.

MadWOPR
Jan 26, 2014

Two Beans posted:

Hi new thread. How are you?

I'm thinking of maybe hopping on for a bit for the steamy release to goof around with the old goons.

In the meantime, enjoy this screenshot of an angry furry from the mwo steam discussion forums.

There is something poetic about the group of people screaming about how good MWO is repeatedly calling those talking about how poo poo PGI is as cult like or brainwashed

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I forgot how much I like watching The B33f upset Sean Lang. Thank you.

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Pattonesque posted:

what are you trying to do with it? abusing the high mounts with laser or gauss vomit seems to be the order of the day, although that's probably less effective now.

Whatever it does well! I am new to clan mechs.

I built one as a poor mans Madcat with 2 LPLs and 4MLs which worked okay then tried triple UAC5s which was also okay but less so. Just wondering if there's anything this chassis does particularly well.

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
quirks are a pain in the rear end to figure out

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Nickiepoo posted:

I built one as a poor mans Madcat with 2 LPLs and 4MLs which worked okay then tried triple UAC5s which was also okay but less so. Just wondering if there's anything this chassis does particularly well.

You can get high missile mounts on EBJ so I think you can do 4 SRM6+A builds with it.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Finster Dexter posted:

You can get high missile mounts on EBJ so I think you can do 4 SRM6+A builds with it.

that and some UAC/5s, I think?

one thing that's nice about this patch, incidentally, is that because brawling is better, facing off against a bunch of 228s or EMPs seems to result in much fewer horrible sweeps and more legit close games.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Nickiepoo posted:

The high mounts are good for hill-humping weapons like ppcs and gauss, but it's also a pretty solid laser-vomit/C-UAC fire-support machine even without the high mounts.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

KyloWinter posted:

quirks are a pain in the rear end to figure out

reading is most def hard

Nickiepoo
Jun 24, 2013

Finster Dexter posted:

I've done this plus an LBX-10 because maybe clan LBX-10s aren't terrible? Please tell me that I'm terrible if this is the case.

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:
Last time I played I had a Cataphract with 4x AC5 which was lots of fun to use with just alpha strike, are there any mechs than can do something similar with ballistic guns?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Captn Kurp posted:

Last time I played I had a Cataphract with 4x AC5 which was lots of fun to use with just alpha strike, are there any mechs than can do something similar with ballistic guns?

Banshee-3E gets massive AC/5 quirks -- put three of them on there and they have the effective DPS of like 5

Maulers aren't available for CBills yet, but Kazvall has a variant that can fit, uh, six AC/5s. Incredibly slow but basically heat-neutral, with a 30-point alpha over and over and over again

Dire Wolves can fit five or six UAC/5s, or three UAC/5s and two UAC/10s

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, check out the Banshee and Dire Wolf builds in the OP and decide if you want to go slow or slower.

Also 19, I heard a rumor that GIRL is p famous in the office. confirm/deny

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Anita Dickinme posted:

Yeah, check out the Banshee and Dire Wolf builds in the OP and decide if you want to go slow or slower.

Also 19, I heard a rumor that GIRL is p famous in the office. confirm/deny

I played with some GIRLs last night and had a good time

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Captn Kurp posted:

King Crab with 4 UAC5s is pretty viable. The 000 model has the best balistic quirks, but the others work pretty well also. The 000B is a trail mech right now and is configured that way if you want to give it a try.

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Pattonesque posted:

Banshee-3E gets massive AC/5 quirks -- put three of them on there and they have the effective DPS of like 5

Maulers aren't available for CBills yet, but Kazvall has a variant that can fit, uh, six AC/5s. Incredibly slow but basically heat-neutral, with a 30-point alpha over and over and over again

Dire Wolves can fit five or six UAC/5s, or three UAC/5s and two UAC/10s

Don't miss

Shoot first, don't ask questions.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Nickiepoo posted:

I've done this plus an LBX-10 because maybe clan LBX-10s aren't terrible? Please tell me that I'm terrible if this is the case.

I think a lot of people dislike them because of the spread, but I love them at close range. Like a giant mech shotgun. They are also cool because of the crit bonus which is actually a good thing to have in the current age of structure quirks.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Finster Dexter posted:

I think a lot of people dislike them because of the spread, but I love them at close range. Like a giant mech shotgun. They are also cool because of the crit bonus which is actually a good thing to have in the current age of structure quirks.

It might be time to bring the Hellbrawler back out of retirement:

http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=230&l=3369ab6475d4bf05c7021e9c8ae75769a7684a24

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
tribes ascend rises from the ashes on the same day mechwarrior is released on steam

is this 2012 or 1998? not that i'm complaining :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos

Nickiepoo posted:

here's a secret, LBX-10s have never been terrible and have always been amazing in brawls and taking out lights

• Locked thread