Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

nachos posted:

That focus group is utterly insane but they all voted for Romney in 2012 which means they will be good boys and girls and vote R even if it's Jeb Bush winning the nom

Imagine no excitement was connoted, who do you find more exciting: JEB! or Mitt Romney?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nonsense posted:

Obama was genuinely idiotic for taking off his flag pin.

no he wasn't

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Peztopiary posted:

That is a Lovecraft protagonist level bad idea.

take joy in life not least in the utter idiocy of my enemies

He's just a big Fallout:New Vegas fan.

You know they can release the names of the donors if they wanted, yeah? As funny as it would be if his donors went after him he's not going to show up at his concession speech with two black eyes. Just means the next Bush will have trouble fundraising.

It is true that the original people we had to murder for freedom attempting to meddle in our internal politics is not a great look.

Lovecraft, Schadenfreude, Fallout... This is, by far, the most full of win post on this forum.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Nonsense posted:

Obama was genuinely idiotic for taking off his flag pin.
That's stupid, flag pins are stupid, God Bless America in the seventh inning stretch is stupid, me having to sing like four different songs about America in 5th grade mandatory chorus a year after 9/11 was stupid, the Pledge of Allegiance is stupid and a form of brainwashing, singing the national anthem before the debates is loving stupid, and nationalism is the biggest threat to the world.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no he wasn't

Yeah he was, he keeps acting like a god drat decent loving person, when people are going nuts.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

Raskolnikov38 posted:

no he wasn't

quote:

“He took his flag pin off. I’m a Marine and former deputy sheriff. He took that off, he was in the toilet to me. I would not only not piss on him if he was on fire — I’d throw gas on him.”

When the president offends our veterans, he offends the nation.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
why are we all yelling about a flag pin?

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Did Obama throw his flag pin on the ground? Did I miss that?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Luntz is also a moron for thinking he can invite 29 supporters of a widely hated candidate and think any of them will willingly betray Trump in front of the others. I do enjoy his breathless, flabbergasted reactions each time he holds one of these though.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Did Obama throw his flag pin on the ground? Did I miss that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmHtGQq-z_Y

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

a marine proud to announce himself as one, wants to immolate his commander in chief because he decided 7 years was long enough to wear a flag pin, when he probably should have ditched it after winning in '08

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Iron Crowned posted:

Because America might just be the dumbest society to end up on top of the world in human history.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If that veteran was on fire I'd piss on him, but also take a poo poo on him and say it was because I have a condition where my bowels always release along with my bladder.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

If that veteran was on fire I'd piss on him, but also take a poo poo on him and say it was because I have a condition where my bowels always release along with my bladder.

why do you hate our troops

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Sorry to everybody for getting triggered and douching out.

I'm not a lawyer, but clearly I've been working around them for far too long.

No worries, lawyers are pretty contagious.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

i have that too. first diagnosed in early November, 2008

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

why do you hate our troops

That's a sign of having a conscious, actually.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

If Trump ran 3rd party would that mean he would be in debates with Hillary and GOP Nominee?

BurntCornMuffin
Jan 9, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

If Trump ran 3rd party would that mean he would be in debates with Hillary and GOP Nominee?

Of course he would. Gotta get those nice yooge ratings.

Totalizator
Nov 9, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Support Are Trumps

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

It'd be funny if Hilary loses to Rubio with Trump running third.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

mike12345 posted:

Funny like a kick to the stomach.

Ironically, that'll be the preferred method of abortion in your scenario here!

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
One of the UK's biggest opinion leaders has come out in support of Trump:

quote:

Katie Hopkins, who also appeared on the U.K. version of “The Apprentice” in 2007, is a controversial figure in Britain and has been denounced by the United Nations after she called migrants “cockroaches.” On Wednesday, she wrote a column in the British tabloid newspaper in support of Trump.

“He [Obama] makes me want to wrap a suicide vest around my head and text BOOM to my brain,” she wrote. ”In contrast, Trump IS providing leadership. He knows some of his grandstanding is hot air. But he is articulating a sentiment held by millions and reinforcing himself as a protector of the American people.”

Trump jumped on the support.

“Thank you to respected columnist Katie Hopkins of Daily Mail.com for her powerful writing on the U.K.'s Muslim problems,” he tweeted.

“The politicians of the U.K. should watch Katie Hopkins of Daily Mail.com on @FoxNews. Many people in the U.K. agree with me!” he continued.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/12/donald-trump-supporters-britain-216650

I believe this already makes him more popular in the UK than Mitt Romney.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

As long as he met some arbitrary polling threshold, probably 10 or 15%, sure!

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

AngryBooch posted:

Donald Trump is the most honest Republican I've ever seen outside my extended white-trash family at thanksgiving. He's saying the things that Republicans actually loving believe (AND ALWAYS loving HAVE SINCE LBJ) and throwing out the dog-whistle. This is honest dialogue man. This is more honesty from Republicans than I've ever seen.

He's honestly going to build a wall. He's honestly going to ban all muslims. Seems like you're halfway sold on him yourself.

A metal purist posted:

hipster metal is more of a sign of the end times than a thousand cuck memes put together

Thanks for that hot take on popular trends in metal, Douchington.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

quote:

Trump IS providing leadership. He knows some of his grandstanding is hot air. But he is articulating a sentiment held by millions and reinforcing himself as a protector of the American people.

That's not leadership, that's being a demagogue.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
Chuck?! Douchington!!!?!? Holy poo poo this thread is getting loving wild! Hell yea!

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
:ughh:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Chuck?! Douchington!!!?!? Holy poo poo this thread is getting loving wild! Hell yea!

epic libs

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

mike12345 posted:

yea I'm still mad about Bernie too.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

This is fake, right? Because while I personally enjoy the snark, if this firm was representing my super pac, I'd fire them so goddamned fast. Just let the legal facts speak for themselves, gentlemen, and save the sick schoolyard burns for some other forum because that poo poo is Open Mike Night levels of representing your client's interests.

The letter's audience isn'te the FEC... although if Trump does get hauled away to the FEC's black site in the abandoned maple syrup mines of New Hampshire, it would certainly explain Jeb's confidence that he would be in decline by 12/15.

InsanityIsCrazy
Jan 25, 2003

by Lowtax
calling a patriot games-style assassination of trump

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
Speaking of Trump and lawyers whatever happened to his dumbass lawsuit against NBC? Or was it Univision?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

InsanityIsCrazy posted:

calling a patriot games-style assassination of trump by elderly jon malkovich

actually el chapo will be the one, that or more likely, it will be the big bad FEC that finally moves it's gears to clobber the big bad Trump.

Nonsense fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 10, 2015

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

oh man, can you imagine the fuss if trump got torpedo'd by the fec? his base will set fire to either themselves, the gop, the government or the world

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

SnakePlissken posted:

He's honestly going to build a wall. He's honestly going to ban all muslims. Seems like you're halfway sold on him yourself.

That's literally what will happen if Trump is elected president, and he'll have majorities in both chambers, and he'll have the support of a majority of Republicans. Is this somehow controversial? Like, the primary reason that establishment Republicans are worried about Trump isn't because he's too extreme, it's because they think he'll lose a general election and hurt Republicans downticket! (Because he's stopped using the dog whistles that provide cover for independents to vote for Republicans)

I'm absolutely not voting for Trump or any Republican. But to call Trump dishonest when he's the one that's actually being the most honest about his Republican positions, and leading because of it, is wrong.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

sullat posted:

The letter's audience isn'te the FEC... although if Trump does get hauled away to the FEC's black site in the abandoned maple syrup mines of New Hampshire, it would certainly explain Jeb's confidence that he would be in decline by 12/15.

There's two letters there, the first is the snarky one to Trump's lawyer, the second is a pretty normal one to the FEC. I imagine the snark was triggered by the childish bravado exhibited by Trump's lawyer.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

AngryBooch posted:

Donald Trump is the most honest Republican I've ever seen outside my extended white-trash family at thanksgiving. He's saying the things that Republicans actually loving believe (AND ALWAYS loving HAVE SINCE LBJ) and throwing out the dog-whistle. This is honest dialogue man. This is more honesty from Republicans than I've ever seen.

I've moved past Trump denial and Trump rage into Trump acceptance for this reason. He is forcing America to admit how many Americans are horrible people, which is a conversation that needed to happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

AngryBooch posted:

That's literally what will happen if Trump is elected president, and he'll have majorities in both chambers, and he'll have the support of a majority of Republicans. Is this somehow controversial? Like, the primary reason that establishment Republicans are worried about Trump isn't because he's too extreme, it's because they think he'll lose a general election and hurt Republicans downticket! (Because he's stopped using the dog whistles that provide cover for independents to vote for Republicans)

I'm absolutely not voting for Trump or any Republican. But to call Trump dishonest when he's the one that's actually being the most honest about his Republican positions, and leading because of it, is wrong.

Actually there was a funny news article a few weeks ago where establishment republicans were concerned about the possibility that Trump or Carson might actually win the presidency.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...0f76_story.html

quote:

The apprehension among some party elites goes beyond electability, according to one Republican strategist who spoke on the condition of anonymity to talk candidly about the worries.

“We’re potentially careening down this road of nominating somebody who frankly isn’t fit to be president in terms of the basic ability and temperament to do the job,” this strategist said. “It’s not just that it could be somebody Hillary could destroy electorally, but what if Hillary hits a banana peel and this person becomes president?”

• Locked thread