Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Curie's brain in a bumbling Sentry Bot

e: she says her Apology dialogue every time she slams into something and it explodes

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Amstrad, I hate you. I was going to go to bed at 11:30, but I thought I'd give your shopfront mod a try. It's now 12:30am and I've built an American diner+bar.

(I'll get screenshots up once I'm done)

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
How do I change up the mod load order in NMM? I tried adjusting the ESM order in NMM but they revert back when I load up the game. I really need to get OCD to load first so I can place all my decorations in my new mansion!

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Falken posted:

Amstrad, I hate you. I was going to go to bed at 11:30, but I thought I'd give your shopfront mod a try. It's now 12:30am and I've built an American diner+bar.

(I'll get screenshots up once I'm done)

I hope you got the v1.1 as it fixes issues specifically dealing with bars and settlers all standing on top of one another in-front of them.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Deadmeat5150 posted:

How do I change up the mod load order in NMM? I tried adjusting the ESM order in NMM but they revert back when I load up the game. I really need to get OCD to load first so I can place all my decorations in my new mansion!

I *think* you just change the order they are in in plugins.txt. Not sure, but give it a shot! Just be sure to set it as read only again.

The Iron Rose, did you tweak Combat Rifle hip fire? Not sure if it's a bug or working as intended, but my two-shot combat rifle from vault 81 has a ridiculously large hip fire cross hair (like 20% of the screen), more than my other combat rifle with the same mods. My two-shot laser rifle seems fine, but I haven't really compared it to another laser rifle yet, but it's pretty tight.

E: NM fired up FO4Edit, there is a conflict between simple bug fixes and legendary modifications

waffles beyond waffles fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Dec 10, 2015

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

NecroMonster posted:

I am going to do a mod that will make the game even more of an FPS ARPG like just really buckle down on the action and loot.

And when I say that I mean I'll do about 1/3rd of a large mod to do this and then get bored.

This Fallout of Mine

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I had to figure this out for myself today too. At the top there's two tabs. Mods and Plugins. You just drag the esp's around to reorder them.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Cheap Shot posted:

I had to figure this out for myself today too. At the top there's two tabs. Mods and Plugins. You just drag the esp's around to reorder them.

I'll always listen to Bip :3:

Now I tried move them around. When I load up the game I get all the cool poo poo from SSEx and Homemaker, like building with Institute stuff which is how I'm making my new dream mansion, but nothing for OCD :( I really want to decorate!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Any mods that make your armour invisible? Armoursmith Extended's cool, but my armour still clips though the General's uniform.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Has there been a mod made yet or some setting to change the color of persuasion attempt text? I can never tell when there is a yellow attempt since I just see green.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

FrancoFish posted:

Has there been a mod made yet or some setting to change the color of persuasion attempt text? I can never tell when there is a yellow attempt since I just see green.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2100/

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

This makes the checks a pass/fail check, does nothing to change the actual colors of the text in conversations. I have a hard time telling the difference between the default green text and the yellow for "easy checks".

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe
Fallout molding related question: I decided to reinstall NV to dick with Wasteland Defender and all (Project Nevada too), but the NVSE crashed on launch every time. Can I not use the nexus mod manager with NV and NVSE?

Also, anyone have a non game busting object limit remover for F4?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

FrancoFish posted:

This makes the checks a pass/fail check, does nothing to change the actual colors of the text in conversations. I have a hard time telling the difference between the default green text and the yellow for "easy checks".

You could just change the color of the HUD in the options to something that stands out against yellow better. I use cyan and all of the persuasion text is pretty visible.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Unless you're in power armor.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

While I'm thinking about it, do you use Steam Broadcasting or anything like that? I kinda want to check out your supermodded game experience

your prediction was off by 84 levels. i don't know why people are so iffy about mods, they're not magic. also no, my PC can't swing streaming and playing. I tried recording a few things, but it's slightly choppy playing and viewing so i don't bother. looks great though

Thronde posted:

Fallout molding related question: I decided to reinstall NV to dick with Wasteland Defender and all (Project Nevada too), but the NVSE crashed on launch every time. Can I not use the nexus mod manager with NV and NVSE?

Also, anyone have a non game busting object limit remover for F4?

drop a ton of weapons on the floor, enter workshop mode, then store them in the workshop. bigger weapons count for more tris removed so I just skip knives etc.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zodium posted:

your prediction was off by 84 levels. i don't know why people are so iffy about mods, they're not magic.

Well, all of these mods were made without using proper mod tools by a large variety of people of differing skill levels that didn't collaborate. In my personal experience, if you install too many mods that alter the same thing you are most likely going to break something. I have experienced the pain of spending hours modding Oblivion/New Vegas/Skyrim only to have the whole thing immediately break. Oftentimes modders sneak in weird unadvertised features too.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Well, all of these mods were made without using proper mod tools by a large variety of people of differing skill levels that didn't collaborate. In my personal experience, if you install too many mods that alter the same thing you are most likely going to break something. I have experienced the pain of spending hours modding Oblivion/New Vegas/Skyrim only to have the whole thing immediately break. Oftentimes modders sneak in weird unadvertised features too.

Weird unadvertised features in otherwise good mods drive me mad.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

don't install 30 mods all at once and only then check if it works. install one mod, play with it for a bit, then install another mod, etc. if a mod breaks my game I check FO4Edit and comments and whatnot, and otherwise just don't use it. even the FO4Snip corruption boogeyman isn't so bad, we're talking about randomizing the contents of a few containers and power armors and maybe temporarily losing the ability to sprint in a cell.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Zodium posted:

don't install 30 mods all at once and only then check if it works. install one mod, play with it for a bit, then install another mod, etc. if a mod breaks my game I check FO4Edit and comments and whatnot, and otherwise just don't use it. even the FO4Snip corruption boogeyman isn't so bad, we're talking about randomizing the contents of a few containers and power armors and maybe temporarily losing the ability to sprint in a cell.

Id like to point out the power armor and container randomization is also a result of any mod that directly edits a cell, like clean up sanctuary houses etc. This is also why I didnt release me "clean hangman" and "tall hangman" mods.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How much work would it take to create a grey good gun that destroys enemies and props, and leaves raw components behind?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Fulchrum posted:

How much work would it take to create a grey good gun that destroys enemies and props, and leaves raw components behind?

That'd probably be really easy, considering there's already a 'scrap on target' command built into the workshops, but I don't think it'd be possible to create until the GECK comes out.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Is there a mod to stop the magical commonwealth gremlin that roams from location to location, lovingly replacing everything into it's original position, filling safes with new loot, and putting new protectrons in chambers?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Talkie Toaster posted:

I have form (couldn't find the jukebot...).

I have been considering though how many bots to add as construction options. Currently I've got all the basic flavours of protectron, 2 assaultron, 2 sentry, 2 Mr and Lt. Gutsy and Mr Handy & Ms Nanny. Drinking Buddy as a bot that adds little defence but contributes food and water is probably a gimmie, but I'm torn on whether adding in the higher-tier protectrons (with auto-lasers) or the eyebots (need 1 for each radio station) is actually worth it, or even really if Lt. Gutsy needs cutting. There's no point adding very useless or redundant bots just for completion's sake, but then I've added Ms Nanny & Mr Handy based on their voices, so...

Aha! that looks fab. Totally out of some 50's occult movie.
If its possible with the resources at your disposal, I guess just add as much as you can, some people would like to have a settlement with mainly robots clunking around, it would certainly work for two settlements, graygarden & and the professor might like some companions.

I just remembered there is a bot in corvega, heh...

staberind fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Dec 10, 2015

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

WAR FOOT posted:

Is there a mod to stop the magical commonwealth gremlin that roams from location to location, lovingly replacing everything into it's original position, filling safes with new loot, and putting new protectrons in chambers?
change these game settings:

iHoursToRespawnCell
iHoursToRespawnCellCleared

to some insanely large number, like 10 million

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Talkie Toaster posted:

I have form (couldn't find the jukebot...).

I have been considering though how many bots to add as construction options. Currently I've got all the basic flavours of protectron, 2 assaultron, 2 sentry, 2 Mr and Lt. Gutsy and Mr Handy & Ms Nanny. Drinking Buddy as a bot that adds little defence but contributes food and water is probably a gimmie, but I'm torn on whether adding in the higher-tier protectrons (with auto-lasers) or the eyebots (need 1 for each radio station) is actually worth it, or even really if Lt. Gutsy needs cutting. There's no point adding very useless or redundant bots just for completion's sake, but then I've added Ms Nanny & Mr Handy based on their voices, so...

Eyebots would be the best. What's their AI like though? Do your robots just follow Settler AI? Having an army of robot Provisioners would be pretty amazing. As would being able to have gardening robots at settlements. Like Spectacle Island. If I build a radio tower, sure the game will spawn settlers for me, but how did they get there? Building some gardening robots would let me build a fortress of solitude for me and my companions.

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Deadmeat5150 posted:

I'll always listen to Bip :3:

Now I tried move them around. When I load up the game I get all the cool poo poo from SSEx and Homemaker, like building with Institute stuff which is how I'm making my new dream mansion, but nothing for OCD :( I really want to decorate!

In my load order I put OCDecorator right after Homemaker. Are you sure you have the latest version of the mod though? The previous version will have the category inside the decorations area, and the latest will make it its own main category right at the end.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
what are the good and cool mods to install

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5343/

This mod tries to unfuck the Level 4 vendors which appear to be completely loving broken otherwise. Even still, he's telling you to use console commands as well. While it's certainly not a game-ending issue that you can't assign these fuckers or even get them to show the gently caress up at a settlement, it's still kind of crazy how broken they are.

Even if you get them to show up, they just leave the settlement after a day, never to be seen again (which is what this mod supposedly fixes). It's weird.

EDIT:

Meanwhile, Armorsmith Extended updated.

quote:

Version 2.0

I completely redid the entire clothing modding system from scratch. There are now 5 different types of mods: Lining mods, outfit add-on mods, headgear add-on mods, Glove mods, and eyewear mods. The categories of what mods are available for a specific item correspond which of these 5 categories are present on that item.

All clothing items are moddable now and are also rename-able.

I made this mod compatible with Legendary Modification by teaLz.

I fixed the issue with the mining light headlamp's light emitter moving to your knee if you added mods to the mining helmet.

I re-added the leather linings to the combat armor and synth helmets. However, unlined versions of both can now be crafted to be worn with gas masks.

I added more new outfits, headgear, gloves, and custom Dogmeat armors to be crafted.

For the master armorsmith/scientists out there I've implemented a new craftable set of armor called Therm Optics Combat Armor. Using stealth technology it is now possible to create cloaked combat armor pieces. Also the chestpiece can be modded with a therm optics booster that will extend the cloaking field around the user when standing still and sneeaking. There is a known bug with this: These new Therm Optic armor pieces will not automatically unequip previously worn armor, you have to do that manually. This was was the only way to do invisible armor with properly functioning mods.

So now you can do poo poo like add recon sensors to eyewear (glasses, sunglasses, etc.), and such.

Gonkish fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 10, 2015

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Eonwe posted:

what are the good and cool mods to install

there aren't any

e: nevermind found this for u

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5341/

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 10, 2015

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Is there anything to remove these green loving bands? Who's goddamn idea was it to cover everything in tight green bands, completely obscuring what you're trying to look at.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Gonkish posted:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5343/

This mod tries to unfuck the Level 4 vendors which appear to be completely loving broken otherwise. Even still, he's telling you to use console commands as well. While it's certainly not a game-ending issue that you can't assign these fuckers or even get them to show the gently caress up at a settlement, it's still kind of crazy how broken they are.

Even if you get them to show up, they just leave the settlement after a day, never to be seen again (which is what this mod supposedly fixes). It's weird.

EDIT:

Meanwhile, Armorsmith Extended updated.

So now you can do poo poo like add recon sensors to eyewear (glasses, sunglasses, etc.), and such.

but you still can't add mining helmet-style lights to welding goggles, gently caress me

I can get the light mesh into the goggles file so it shows up right in Nifskope, just turn on you stupid light :argh:

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, but is it going to cause everyone to aggro the way recon sensors on power armor does?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Babe Magnet posted:

there aren't any

e: nevermind found this for u

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5341/

FINALLY

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Zodium posted:

All excellent points, my apologies if I seemed like a know-it-all or something. I actually thought the cell-related bug was more severe than that. Does the bug apply to the inventory of the workshop bench?

Also while I'm thinking about it, can someone please tell me how to be sure a container is safe to store stuff in? I wouldn't mind making a safe storage outside of a settlement for instance. What's the clue here?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

isndl posted:

Yeah, but is it going to cause everyone to aggro the way recon sensors on power armor does?

I'm assuming he copied the stuff from the highlighting sensor thingy (recon is the one that marks the target with an icon, rather than outlining them, iirc) from power armor and thus it probably will still cause aggro, yeah.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Simple Bug Fixes removes that issue, along with a few other things. If you like Dogmeat + Lone Wanderer, make sure to disable the .esp that "fixes" the unconfirmed "bug".

Anyone have a link or feel like making an effort post about modding nifs? I downloaded the 2.0 alpha of nifskope and still can open nifs I extracted with BAE. It gives me an error about headers not being present. Should I update BAE and try extraction again? Or is there a setting in BAE I missed? Do I have to extract all the folders with BAE or can I just target the items I am interested in.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gromdul posted:

Simple Bug Fixes removes that issue, along with a few other things. If you like Dogmeat + Lone Wanderer, make sure to disable the .esp that "fixes" the unconfirmed "bug".

Anyone have a link or feel like making an effort post about modding nifs? I downloaded the 2.0 alpha of nifskope and still can open nifs I extracted with BAE. It gives me an error about headers not being present. Should I update BAE and try extraction again? Or is there a setting in BAE I missed? Do I have to extract all the folders with BAE or can I just target the items I am interested in.

there's a loading screen directly stating that Lone Wanderer gives bonuses if you travel "without a companion or dog," what more do you want?

I've never run into that problem extracting from Meshes, what are you trying to grab?

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

gromdul posted:

Are you trying to copy something from one mesh to another mesh?
At least with armor you'll have to name the top listing the same or else you'll get errors when pasting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Updated my weaponry rebalance mod!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

Across the board nerf to melee damage, which is now set at 2x default. Minor damage nerfs to the hunting rifle, the .44, the combat rifle, the pipe bolt action and pipe revolver. Minor damage buffs to the laser weapons and institute laser weapons. Massively reduced laser weapon recoil. Minor magazine nerf to the laser weapons. A whole host of changes to range, spread, recoil, and hipfire accuracy for many weapons. Silencer range penalties increased, Light Frame damage penalty removed. Other minor per-mod changes I can't remember. Generally ranges are a bit better, damage is slightly reduced. Laser weapons have greatly reduced recoil, the SMG and shotguns have better range and tighter hipfire accuracy. Other, smaller changes detailed in the main page that I can't be hosed to detail here.

Also new mod that makes power armor pieces unbreakable:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5407/

there are other mods that do that sort of thing, but inevitably with other poo poo included.

• Locked thread