Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

Yeah, OK. Apparently I watched and favorited it on Youtube before and don't even remember. Thanks!

Also, I figured this would be a good place to bring this up since y'all are knowledgeable about RPGs: I've been playing through demos on my PS4 to make some hard drive space for new games I recently got (I want to find whatever douchebucket decided to put 500GB drives into current-gen consoles and throw them off of a cliff), and played the Disgaea 5 demo yesterday.

I've never played a Disgaea game before and can't remember if the guys ever made a Disgaea video before, but I seem to recall discussion about it. Pretty fun game, even though watching the into video made me feel like the biggest weeb ever. Reminds me of Arc the Lad and, to a lesser extent, Shining Force. I've been hearing Prinnies saying "DOOD!" in my head all morning. Is Disgaea 5 a good place to start, or should I start with the earlier games? Why is there a spinoff PSP game in this series called "Dawn of Operation Panties"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Disgaea is a franchise that gets really better mechanically with every version. Basically if you're going to play an early one, do it before playing 5 because it's really hard to go back.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth
Really hoping for new episode of Bloodborne on vessel today... Oh, it already got posted, but didn't show up on latest videos list for some reason.

Dammit Pat, stop spoiling yourself.

Forgall fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Dec 10, 2015

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Baal posted:

I like it a lot too, but Pat cannot think of playing a game that long without a decent story behind it apparently.

We already watched the ongoing disappointment that was the MGSV LP how is this a surprise

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Forgall posted:

Really hoping for new episode of Bloodborne on vessel today... Oh, it already got posted, but didn't show up on latest videos list for some reason.

So yeah this game has a real balance problem favoring power weapons

*Eats poo poo over and over again trying to force power attacks on a slow rear end greatsword*

*has to cheat to win*

Perfect Potato fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Dec 10, 2015

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Lol Pat and Woolie both completely forgot that upgrades increase the scaling and shelved the Moonlight Sword.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RareAcumen posted:

We already watched the ongoing disappointment that was the MGSV LP how is this a surprise

Because I didn't watch MGSV because it got really boring watching them play it

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

I remember being so excited for the Phantom Pain LP, then Matt left and it took them eons to listen to a tape and the flaccid endgame just kept drawing closer and I couldn't deal anymore.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yardbomb posted:

it took them eons to listen to a tape

The other complaints, sure, fine, I get them, but I took as granted that Liam and Pat wouldn't just sit down and listen to tapes, and playing them during the missions is terrible for everyone involved. They tried it, hehe.

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Baal posted:

Liam is the only buying that game because Pat heard the story was bad

Actually Pat did buy it. And I am too. I literally think the only person not buying it is Woolie.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

as someone that spent 9 hours on rape horse at half pat's level with a +8 weapon

I do not blame him for cheating

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZH5uiOVU9w
I was so ecstatic about finally finishing it that I made it a dumb video

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Dec 10, 2015

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Baby Boy Blue is gonna be something special though

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

TheRealestMatt posted:

Actually Pat did buy it. And I am too. I literally think the only person not buying it is Woolie.

Putting Tales of Zestiria on hold?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheRealestMatt posted:

Oh cool. Are you guys planning to do a video for it?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Rodyle posted:

Lol Pat and Woolie both completely forgot that upgrades increase the scaling and shelved the Moonlight Sword.

God, that's probably the thing I hate most about BB's mechanics, it ends up being very misleading as to the true strength of weapons, and it's easy to forget about since none of the Souls games do that to such a dramatic extent.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hoobajoo posted:

God, that's probably the thing I hate most about BB's mechanics, it ends up being very misleading as to the true strength of weapons, and it can be easy to forget since none of the Souls games did that, at least not to that dramatic of an extent.

the greatsword in DS2 went from C to S strength scaling

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

TheRealestMatt posted:

It's good but has some dumb inconveniences.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Ruggington posted:

Maybe it did, I don't remember DS2 as well as I should given I spent over a hundred hours on it. It's still stupid in any game though, you should be able to pick up a weapon and know how much damage it *really* does without looking it up.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
ALSO Fast Racing Neo is out if you need to race fast

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009

Ruggington posted:

To be fair, there's no actual evidence that Pat or Woolie have ever played Dark Souls 2

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

hoobajoo posted:

Maybe it did, I don't remember DS2 as well as I should given I spent over a hundred hours on it. It's still stupid in any game though, you should be able to pick up a weapon and know how much damage it *really* does without looking it up.

every item increases its scaling by two letters once fully upgraded

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Matt, you mentioned downloading Just Cause 3, right? Try playing it without an Internet connection, that tends to improve performance on all platforms. There's a leaderboard system that kind of shits things up atm.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Ludwig is the coolest boss

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hey, who loves delays on kickstarters?

If you remember Project Phoenix, it was slated to come out this year. Well now it's been pushed back to 2018.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Baal posted:

Oh cool. Are you guys planning to do a video for it?

it seems like itd be a good sbfp channel vid, hope they plan on it

its a good game. i'm gonna go play it some more.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The first truly important 'dialog' choice you get would make for a great video moment for sure.

Tae posted:

Hey, who loves delays on kickstarters?

If you remember Project Phoenix, it was slated to come out this year. Well now it's been pushed back to 2018.

Apparently their single programmer won't be available until February and they're estimating two years of programming, then six months of testing. :psy: so... has work even started on this?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

The first truly important 'dialog' choice you get would make for a great video moment for sure.

Apparently their single programmer won't be available until February and they're estimating two years of programming, then six months of testing. :psy: so... has work even started on this?

No, they've specifically said it's basically 0% complete.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Bojack Form 2 has maybe my favorite Soulsborne boss theme yet (haven't seen or heard the other Old Hunters bosses yet)!? Like it's him, Gwyn, or Astraea probably. Maaaaybe Tower Knight or Sif.

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 11, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

hoobajoo posted:

No, they've specifically said it's basically 0% complete.

Can't find dates, but hasn't this literally been funded for over two years?? Isn't that, like, an actual crime?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Bojack Form 2 has maybe my favorite Soulsborne boss theme yet (haven't seen or heard the other Old Hunters bosses yet)!? Like it's him, Gwyn, or Astraea probably. Maaaaybe Tower Knight or Did.

The dlc's final boss theme is real strong in context

Blue Man Group and Doll Face have really good themes too

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Fool's Idol is cool but like a lot of DeS' weird, WEIRD soundtrack kind of just works with the fight.

Celestial Emissary didn't stick out for me, but prior to TOH neither did anything else in Bloodborne's soundtrack really.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Rodyle posted:

Fool's Idol is cool but like a lot of DeS' weird, WEIRD soundtrack kind of just works with the fight.

Celestial Emissary didn't stick out for me, but prior to TOH neither did anything else in Bloodborne's soundtrack really.

I meant the doll face and blue man group in the dlc lol

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

There are some reoccurring motifs in this lineage okay

E: Matt how many parts does Devil's Third have recorded so far anyway? Like that game surely can't be that long right?

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Dec 11, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Btw, I finished Tales from the Borderlands and I can confirm it's the best thing Telltale's ever done. For those who were still wondering and hoping they'd do a vid of it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I've been playing Soulcalibur 2 HD recently and I would like to see a 100% run of the rich story of Weapon Master, TIA

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Baal posted:

Btw, I finished Tales from the Borderlands and I can confirm it's the best thing Telltale's ever done. For those who were still wondering and hoping they'd do a vid of it.

It made you care about the people on Pandora. It's amazing.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I finished Life is Strange yesterday and now I'm three episodes deep in Tales From the Borderlands

I bless Papa Keighley everyday for his game awards sale

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tales from the Borderlands is so much better than it had any right to be, it's crazy how good it is

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MrAristocrates posted:

Tales from the Borderlands is so much better than it had any right to be, it's crazy how good it is

It is crazy. Isn't it. I used to Hate Handsome Jack. Now I hate him in an entirely different context! Also the music and openings are probably my favorite part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
The Pre-sequel had him as a slightly assholish guy who wanted power to try and do good and you got to see Moxxi and Lilith and Roland gently caress him over, betray him (Once for hilariously petty reasons), and tried to kill him and that pushed him to be the angry monster we know and love.

The heroes of Blands 1 are actually the reason everything gets so hosed up. Pandora is where heroes go to die and kill a lot of innocent people.