Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

How do you get rank up tickets anyway, only two ways I've seen was a limited Black Friday sale and that obscenely priced package that pops up when you reach a certain VIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Deadly Chlorine posted:

How do you get rank up tickets anyway, only two ways I've seen was a limited Black Friday sale and that obscenely priced package that pops up when you reach a certain VIP.

Limited time packages. I think the last time a 6* ticket came out it costs over 3000+ crystals. NM really screwed the pooch on the Black Friday deal, I was there and the 6* rank up package sold out in less than 2 minutes. The problem is that the game bugged out for a majority of players displaying the previous days deal, you had to restart the game and by that point the sale was sold out. Googleplay got so many complaints of fraud that they briefly shutdown the IAP.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

I think they were limited to a few hundred total sales, which is even worse than limited time. The Halloween stuff was better where it was just limited to a couple of purchases per account.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
I am so mad that I need so many more Singularity bios. gently caress.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

punchymcpunch posted:

I think they were limited to a few hundred total sales, which is even worse than limited time. The Halloween stuff was better where it was just limited to a couple of purchases per account.

It wasn't the limited quantity(10000 units. Max 2 per person) that pissed people off it was the game displaying the previous days sale on previous devices. I was on ground zero for the universal selectors and I was logged an hour before the sale starts when I went to the shop I got a sale for the previous day.

You could be logged in and on time and still get screwed over because you logged in too early. IOS users were the least affected so android players were really salty.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

Mr. Maggy posted:

I am so mad that I need so many more Singularity bios. gently caress.

Those Korean images were also disheartening with their "315 days if all you do is try to get Singularity bios" projections. gently caress.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I can 5* my Blingpin tomorrow, yay!

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

Mr. Maggy posted:

Those Korean images were also disheartening with their "315 days if all you do is try to get Singularity bios" projections. gently caress.
Yeah I think for She-Hulk/Nico/Singularity it's more "lmao u better hope u get a package, a special selector or a rank up ticket for them", because I'm pretty sure that poo poo is impossible otherwise.

Also ugh does anyone have tips for leveling past 35? Other than my Destroyer at 49, it seems to take a loving eternity to level anyone else and I can't progress past War Machine in Chapter 8 now.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Chapter 8 is really brutal, even with a 60 team up, all those 3xbosses are rough fights. It doesn't help that enemy shifters are frequent as well.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Get one person who can solo rank 4 daily and special missions, and have that dude solo it with two others just riding along for exp. When you use up your daily allotment I did 7-12, the Ultron mission on repeat. My team is currently 45/45/50

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
How often do costumes sales happen? I've got gems burning in my pocket and that Spidey suit is looking very tempting.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Man Loki is rad. I wish he had a costume. Agent of Asgard please, throw in some sword melee move or something

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Fat Samurai posted:

How often do costumes sales happen? I've got gems burning in my pocket and that Spidey suit is looking very tempting.

Impossible to say, the current costume pricepoint has only been around for a few weeks. Before that they were all 750 but after a week or two they disappeared from the shop, (almost) never to be seen again. Maybe wait for Christmas and see what happens.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Woo! Finally 6*'d warwolf. He's pretty badass.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

Fat Samurai posted:

I would not pay 1250. New costumes will be 750 for 1 week from now on before getting bumped up to 1250. It's just a sales tactic to make people think 750 is a good deal. Some sort of sale rotation seems inevitable.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Upcoming Spiders are confirmed as separate characters. Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora and Ant-Man are included in the next set of 6-star skills. Some enemy attack and hero skill balancing coming up, with Ultron and Star-Lord explicitly brought up. Daily Check-in bonuses are apparently getting boosted and switched to some system that doesn't reset every month.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Groot with a 6* skill WTF as if 4-6* battle world isn't fill with enough GrooThor.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
So took some earlier xp advice (which maybe should be linked in the op?) and farmed 7-5
That seemed to be the mission collision could solo with me never needing to sweat. Focused on my 3 star people and currently got :
War wolf
Black panther
Giant man
Dare devil
Spiderman
Yellow jacket
iron-man
Thor
Green goblin is just short of the rest

All to level 30. Still kicking around the idea of spending some time on red skull, deathlock, rocket, star lord, yondu(only 2 star sadly) or nebula as well

Thanks free energy today from the game!

Next few days more focus on my current 4 plus star people collision, Nico, Angela, Modok, Captain, dock ock

I can bump one 3 star to 4 and I'm almost thinking it has to be a speed.
Options are
Green goblin, spiderman, Daredevil, sharon Carter or elsa
Any of them good choices? Anyone better to farm for instead?

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
ok, so i got my "bump 3* to 4*" token and i'm still working on my web bros team. Should i bump spidey from 3* to 4* or should i wait to grind up superior spider man from 1* to 3* and then boost? I'm almost to 80 bios for spidey, so i'm thinking no.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I've only been playing for a few days but I am honestly shocked at how good and fun this game is. Yes arguably some of that is a bit of fanboyism but its pretty amazing how much game they've managed to pack into a mobile title.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
I would recommend keeping most of your guys as 3* for Battleworld and only raise one or two above 3* to plough through stages.

I would keep both Spidey and Doc Ock at 3*

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Game owns. Goons, the Hebrons did awesome, finishing in Top 20% for Alliance Battle. Our rewards have been sent to your Inbox. Grats guys!

Also, we got our 30 energy cheev for the day. Log in and get that.

Thirdly, weekly battles have reset. Grab your crystals from Timeline, do Alliance Battle again today and yadda yadda!

Hogama posted:

Upcoming Spiders are confirmed as separate characters. Groot, Rocket Raccoon, Gamora and Ant-Man are included in the next set of 6-star skills. Some enemy attack and hero skill balancing coming up, with Ultron and Star-Lord explicitly brought up. Daily Check-in bonuses are apparently getting boosted and switched to some system that doesn't reset every month.

Above and beyond excited. NightNurse also said this is not even the full patch with more coming! This patch is hinted as being massive.

I am beyond stoked for some Racon 6* and some Star-Turd love.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Tiny Chalupa posted:

So took some earlier xp advice (which maybe should be linked in the op?) and farmed 7-5
That seemed to be the mission collision could solo with me never needing to sweat. Focused on my 3 star people and currently got :
War wolf
Black panther
Giant man
Dare devil
Spiderman
Yellow jacket
iron-man
Thor
Green goblin is just short of the rest

All to level 30. Still kicking around the idea of spending some time on red skull, deathlock, rocket, star lord, yondu(only 2 star sadly) or nebula as well

Thanks free energy today from the game!

Next few days more focus on my current 4 plus star people collision, Nico, Angela, Modok, Captain, dock ock

I can bump one 3 star to 4 and I'm almost thinking it has to be a speed.
Options are
Green goblin, spiderman, Daredevil, sharon Carter or elsa
Any of them good choices? Anyone better to farm for instead?

Do Elsa on your 3 to 4*. She is one of the tougher to farm. The rest are so easy to farm in story.

I'm super impressed with daredevil at high level WITH costume. He rocked my world in Timeline Battle the first time I ever played one and I was like WHAT THE gently caress! Literally slapped me silly with sticks and poo poo.

I'll also add the XP chart to the OP. I have it saved.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

EzEight posted:

Groot with a 6* skill WTF as if 4-6* battle world isn't fill with enough GrooThor.

It is Throot heretic.

That spider update is going to br ask this game if they all have web.

Edit: gently caress it: they desperately need FF and X-men and god drat licensee and Disney getting in the way. I mean seriously spider-Gwen and silk? Do shocker, sandman, and carnage first of you want to dip into spider-man first. gently caress even Rhino, Vulture, and Mysterious. Plus Ben Reillly, Kaine; and spider man 2099.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Awesome thanks for the response

Yeah Daredevil and yellow jacket both have rocked my world hard core. I kinda want to leave them both at 3 star bit feel like my star team is eh.
Good god. Never thought I wouldn't want to star people in any cellphone game but here I am. Need a drat deadly 3 star team as well as a higher one

Game rocks. Loving this all

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Hebrons, the 10 lvl 5 XP chips you earned takes a char from 1-28 on Best Condition just FYI. 28-31 if you use your 10 there.

Huge stuff for a new char though guys. 1-28 owns.

I'd use it on a favorite char though.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

They should rename those things to "Odin Boxes".

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Just pulled another 5 star!! Bad rear end right?
It's drax. ducky gently caress

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

5* Drax. Jackpot.

Hell I'd farm it. Take that bad boy to 6.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
Applied to goonlactus as Mazreal.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Do Elsa on your 3 to 4*. She is one of the tougher to farm. The rest are so easy to farm in story.

I'm super impressed with daredevil at high level WITH costume. He rocked my world in Timeline Battle the first time I ever played one and I was like WHAT THE gently caress! Literally slapped me silly with sticks and poo poo.

I'll also add the XP chart to the OP. I have it saved.

Yeah im super pleased with netflix daredevil. This thread has been singing the praises of blast type and truth be told I only have about 2 and they're on a second team. My primary team is body gaurds aka team netflix and im having a blast. 5 star jessica jones is way more fun than I would think for someone who just punches really hard.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
You got a 5* its great either way.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

polish sausage posted:

My primary team is body gaurds aka team netflix and im having a blast. 5 star jessica jones is way more fun than I would think for someone who just punches really hard.

My main team is DD (4 stars), Luke Cage (3 stars) and Iron Fist (1 wimpy, sad little star) mainly because of team synergies, but I'm really tempted to swap Iron Fist with Jessica, because gently caress Iron Fist. I'd only lose one synergy and (I assume) ease of farming. So far we're only getting Jessica's biometrics with Hero Tokens, right?

I really have to choose a team and focus on them. My current roster includes 8 people at lvl 30-ish and I'm trying to farm IM, Cap, Spidey, Black Widow, DD, Luke Cage, War Machine, Kinpin and Doc. Oc everyday, so I'm making basically no progress story-wise.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
Focus on farming 3 units, you're missing out on unlocking stuff and access to more bios.

Ultron, Kingpin and Doc Ock are a really solid team with good synergy.

Kingpin's uniform being really good along with Superior Spiderman makes investing in them a really good choice. being able to farm 30+ Ultron bios also makes ranking him up easier (once you unlock more content).

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Kingpin is good for auto running, Superior Spidey is fun for manual play, Ultron is fun to throw a bunch of robots at a dude

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
How much am I missing out on basically ignoring the synergy bonuses?
My high level people, at least those above 3 stars, have next to 0 3 team synergies

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Tiny Chalupa posted:

How much am I missing out on basically ignoring the synergy bonuses?
My high level people, at least those above 3 stars, have next to 0 3 team synergies

The Synergy bonuses are based on a percentage so the higher your lv and numbers the more you're missing out on, unless you're doing PVP they rarely matter.
Most often than not you're going to have one character thats super high level carrying your lower ones. Don't sweat it.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Sent a request to join goonlactus. I have no loving clue what I'm doing. Name is Marvel Zeroes.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Dec 11, 2015

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
To all Goonlactus members please do the Alliance battle. Its in the ARENA.
You can't lose the battle its all about killing stuff and getting points, get enough and everyone gets some LV5 Exp chips after a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mangler103
Jun 6, 2003

Metroid sighting huh? Well, I did just pour this coffee...it will still be there tomorrow.
I just got 20 delivered to me. loving owns. These are literal gold. I'm sure someone has done the math on how much energy these are worth in leveling, but for a brand new character, it's at least got to be 2-3 days worth of energy recharges.

• Locked thread