Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

CommonShore posted:

Cindy Dandois is the Belgian judo champion who Meisha Tate brought in to prep her for Rousey. She is nowhere near as good as Meisha Tate, and she has lost to Tonya Evinger at 135. In her last fight she got beaten up by a C-league brawler for a round and a half before scoring a sloppy triangle.

In other words, she's going to do worse than Charmaine Tweet, who was at least big enough to be fighting at 145

Cyborg's not fighting Cindy Dandois anymore. Instead, she's fighting someone who lost to Cindy Dandois.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Cyborg is ducking Holly Holm

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, but selecting Fedor's opponent has been a massive shitshow apparently. Millen is telling people it's going to be a rematch and trying to hint that they're somehow putting Crocop or Hendo together, but I don't think he actually really knows anything at all.

King Mo is now fighting this guy http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Brett-McDermott-89439

Wicky Akiyo is on the card, but under kickboxing rules as a showcase for Hiroya, who has been consistently proven to suck poo poo and not be any fun to watch.

On the flip side, K-1 champ Takeru is on the card, and he's completely dumb as poo poo and owns to watch, and will be fighting some unknown Chinese guy for no reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVVO-sgUV3s

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Triticum Guzzler posted:

On the flip side, K-1 champ Takeru is on the card, and he's completely dumb as poo poo and owns to watch, and will be fighting some unknown Chinese guy for no reason

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVVO-sgUV3s

Takeru is the dumbest best fighter in the world and his fights own so goddamn much, can't wait to see him idiot-murder a no-name Chinese guy.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Triticum Guzzler posted:

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, but selecting Fedor's opponent has been a massive shitshow apparently. Millen is telling people it's going to be a rematch and trying to hint that they're somehow putting Crocop or Hendo together, but I don't think he actually really knows anything at all.

This goes without saying for most of you but for those who it doesn't - Crocop and Hendo are both still under UFC contract and if they so much as breathe an attempt to fight Fedor on New Years Zuffa lawyers will parachute in to destroy them. Jerry Millen is a moron.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

colonel_korn posted:

Cyborg's not fighting Cindy Dandois anymore. Instead, she's fighting someone who lost to Cindy Dandois.

DARIA IBRAGIMOVA is an Oplot fighter. Show some loving respect.

I'd try to talk Daria up some more but I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are she defeated. And a lot of them look like training dummies.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
i still believe deep in my heart's brain that cro cop will fight on that card but not against fedor

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Tim Sylvia rematch

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..

origami posted:

Tim Sylvia rematch

He's too busy with his hunting show. https://vimeo.com/147446487

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

coconono posted:

DARIA IBRAGIMOVA is an Oplot fighter. Show some loving respect.

I'd try to talk Daria up some more but I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are she defeated. And a lot of them look like training dummies.

She has a good w/l at 9-1, but then, dear god, I checked out some of her opponents.

Her last win is over a bantamweight who is 3-3 with a loss to a strawweight, and whose 3 wins have a sum record of 1-14, give or take a few losses because I'm not bothering to figure out "at time of their fight." Her win before that is against a woman who is 3-1 with wins over the same no-win cans as the previous.

And those seem to be her best wins.

It seems that beating up fat ukrainian housewives gets you a title shot in Invicta.

e. as it should

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.instagram.com/p/_FVtW6gw3t/

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
including tournament bouts, there's now 25 fights confirmed for the two cards that comprise the new year's shitshow and a one-legged jt vs a retired japanese heavyweight is legitimately one of the best fights they put together. only kickboxing nerds could possibly care about this, which is an amazing accomplishment for an mma show

http://www.rizinff.com/saraba/en/
http://www.rizinff.com/iza/en/

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Triticum Guzzler posted:

one-legged jt vs a retired japanese heavyweight is legitimately one of the best fights they put together.

Could JT still win with one leg? How much does this other guy leg kick?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

willie_dee posted:

Could JT still win with one leg? How much does this other guy leg kick?

he was a pretty decent boxer by the time he retired, he was hitting Hunt with loads of counters it's just he was fighting Hunt. who knows what he fights like now though since he's spent 10 years training dudes

2 fat 4 my lambo
Oct 9, 2003

WEED POOP

Triticum Guzzler posted:

he was a pretty decent boxer by the time he retired, he was hitting Hunt with loads of counters it's just he was fighting Hunt. who knows what he fights like now though since he's spent 10 years training dudes

i thought you were talking about nishijima until i clicked the link :kiddo:

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

I still remember when this guy was the Next Fedor, then he lost to Paul Buentello and got popped for PEDs :allears:

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
he was like a young cherubic guy and now he's a guy who definitely sells smokes to kids

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

HIROYA

http://www.rizinff.com/en/fighter/20151209_2791.html

quote:

Hiroya began Karate at the age of 3, and started kick boxing in 4th grade. He made his K-1 debut at 15 years old, and became the center of attention during high school when K-1 star Masato recommended him as the next big thing.

:allears:

CommonShore fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Dec 10, 2015

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

He is not a particularly attractive man.

Bushmeister posted:

The future belongs to the good-looking

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

colonel_korn posted:

I still remember when this guy was the Next Fedor, then he lost to Paul Buentello and got popped for PEDs :allears:

Holy poo poo, I didn't even recognize him. Haven't seen him in forever.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

colonel_korn posted:

Sounds like he lived up to the hype tbqh.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

:stare: I like the Black Shuck cameo in his chest, whose baleful eyes are played by the glowing red embers of his nipples.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Some guy died cutting weight for a meaningless One FC fight. Also following his retirement tour, LeBanner is fighting a Lithuanian sumo wrestler on NYE. HAppy friday folks

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Brandon Vera with the easiest win of his career, finally a Heavyweight Champion. Just in ONE Championship rather than the UFC. Horrible mismatch, dropped Cheng with a left hook, he got back up & ate a head kick & that was it after about 20 seconds.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 11, 2015

Erz
Sep 9, 2004
Death by weightcut is a really terrible thing. :(

Theres apparently a russian card starting on fightpass in 30min. Bellator's hw champ vs huggy bear.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It was a fix.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

:frogsiren: spinnin' poo poo! :woop:

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

You folks just missed a hilarious ball punch in full guard, and then the ref tapping on the guy's heels while he was curled up cringing in pain in the middle of the cage. Possibly deserves some kind of year-end award.

This is some high-quality poo poo straight from Russia.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Some guy died cutting weight for a meaningless One FC fight. Also following his retirement tour, LeBanner is fighting a Lithuanian sumo wrestler on NYE. HAppy friday folks

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mma/2015/12/11/death-weight-cutting-yang-jian-bing-mma/77143446/ Yang Jian Bing. Only 21, drat :smith:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

CommonShore posted:

You folks just missed a hilarious ball punch in full guard, and then the ref tapping on the guy's heels while he was curled up cringing in pain in the middle of the cage. Possibly deserves some kind of year-end award.

This is some high-quality poo poo straight from Russia.

The highlight had to be the EFN house band & the choir of the Russian Army doing a rousing rendition of Smells Like Teen Spirit to walk out Josh Copeland for the main event. Russian MMA is certainly characterful.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

forkboy84 posted:

The highlight had to be the EFN house band & the choir of the Russian Army doing a rousing rendition of Smells Like Teen Spirit to walk out Josh Copeland for the main event. Russian MMA is certainly characterful.

I had it muted :(

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Brandon Vera with the easiest win of his career, finally a Heavyweight Champion. Just in ONE Championship rather than the UFC. Horrible mismatch, dropped Cheng with a left hook, he got back up & ate a head kick & that was it after about 20 seconds.

How was the co main, i had to work and missed my mate's fight?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

BlindSite posted:

How was the co main, i had to work and missed my mate's fight?

Afraid I missed it, ended up getting a phone call during it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

God drat. I had no idea that was on Fightpass.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
if you're down to watch some questionable romanian kickboxing and mma, super kombat are running a free card on youtube, thanks to the mafia, starting right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWcjdKgaqMc

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Triticum Guzzler posted:

if you're down to watch some questionable romanian kickboxing and mma, super kombat are running a free card on youtube, thanks to the mafia, starting right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWcjdKgaqMc

drat straight I am.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Co-main is Raul Catinas of "losing a decision to Mighty Mo" fame's MMA debut

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Already off to a wonderful start. Fighter coming in on super-short notice can't even get the gloves on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

I am pretty sure I just witnessed a guy put up less of an effort to fight than pinnacle Bob Sapp.