Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

isn't manipulating the AI in RE4 mostly a matter of jogging past it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol they have the Krauser / Leon cutscenes memorized because you can't skip and they deliver all the lines over the game audio

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

isn't manipulating the AI in RE4 mostly a matter of jogging past it

He calls and dismisses ashley at the right moment because the voice will attract enemies outside their usual aggro range so lots of rooms have very specific timed routes

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

insect lives don't compare to human lives

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

DO IT TO IT posted:

insect lives don't compare to human lives

How do you know.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It comes off?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Watching that speedrun makes me want to unlock chicago typewriter and blow through the game again being super OP.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

Watching that speedrun makes me want to unlock chicago typewriter and blow through the game again being super OP.

it's really fun murking everyone effortlessly

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

I think it's boring as hell.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

It's satisfying after beating the game and earning it. Handcannon fully upgraded is also cool after powering through mercenaries.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I agree about the handcannon, but the chicago typewriter is lame. It's a tommy gun so you would think you'd be able to unload on all the enemies but it kills most of them in 1 or 2 bullets.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

rediscover posted:

this, and putting on the gangster outfit and never having to worry about ashley again.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sup.. just beat the Village Chief.. my gf was watching and she said the boss and overall scenario was a complete realization of all her fears. But thats not why Im posting in this thread. Just wanted to ask you guys if I should play the Resident Evil 1 remake when Im done with this or if I should stick to the original version.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Play the remake, man..

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So the remake is a lot better then?

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

the remake is better in every way. it also has some new content and new mechanics that i won't mention but they completely change the way you have to deal with zombies and it's really scary and good. also the game is gorgeous

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Well, remake it is.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

You have chosen wisely

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I'm playing RE6 now and the gameplay is insanely fun. Leon keeps doing stone cold stunners on zombies for no particular reason.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

RE1 is completely different than RE4, just a heads up. I tried Re1/2/3 for an hour or two each before just giving up. Couldn't really get into them

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well 2 I liked but I kept dying really early on in a noobish way because of the controls.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

the remake is better in every way. it also has some new content and new mechanics that i won't mention but they completely change the way you have to deal with zombies and it's really scary and good. also the game is gorgeous

It uses the inferior GameCube intro/voices but otherwise it's much better

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

I just could not deal with fixed third person camera

wasn't the gamecube remake all realtime 3D? somebody mod RE4's camera into it. I'll wait

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Nah, it's just really pretty pre-rendered stuff. No go

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Sup.. just beat the Village Chief.. my gf was watching and she said the boss and overall scenario was a complete realization of all her fears. But thats not why Im posting in this thread. Just wanted to ask you guys if I should play the Resident Evil 1 remake when Im done with this or if I should stick to the original version.

Who was the village chief (chapter numbers ?)

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

In Training posted:

Centipede man from chapter 2(?).

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The big cheese.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
That's the hardest fight in the game relative to your equipment imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I am not remembering him.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh doy. I roasted his bitch rear end.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

You can dunk that guy if you've got incendiary grenades. I think that's the one enemy they're especially good against.

In Training posted:

I am not remembering him.
He's the huge Rasputin looking guy who shows up a lot in the first two chapters. He captures Leon and Luis.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

voltron lion force posted:

That's the hardest fight in the game relative to your equipment imo

Ehh there's enough grenades and ammo around the barn to mitigate it and if memory serves you can do environmental damage to him once as well. Not a super hard fight imo

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
The fight with 2 El Gigante in the narrow canyon is the toughest I can think of off the top of my head

Unless there's only one and I'm remembering wrong. I'm retarded lol.

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

The fight with 2 El Gigante in the narrow canyon is the toughest I can think of off the top of my head

Unless there's only one and I'm remembering wrong. I'm retarded lol.
I think you're thinking of the one you can run away from. You fight two in the lava reef zone.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

In Training posted:

Bearded centipede man. Him twisting the door handles in a bow was one of the best "this is a boss fight and you can't leave" indicators I've seen in a game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Bearded centipede man. Him twisting the door handles in a bow was one of the best "this is a boss fight and you can't leave" indicators I've seen in a game.

Yeah def. he is a frightening build but ultimately underwhelming encounter. Other bosses had way more interesting design IMO.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

None of the bosses have been too hard but the game in general is really pleasantly challenging.. it's also just badass and I like the writing

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had trouble with the Loch Ness Monster in chapter 1.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Tfw you walk back into the village chiefs bedroom at chapter start :wth:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Tfw you walk back into the village chiefs bedroom at chapter start :wth:

?????

• Locked thread