Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

It's Dandy Kaiser

In GoonTier for the last week I was rostering Gronk, Chandler, And Thomas :supaburn:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Remember how I said I wasn't going to drop my kicker to grab Hightower? I lied. My RB situation in that league is just shaky enough that I'm going to see how things shake out while I'm on bye this week. Worst case scenario, I have to get a new kicker. Best case scenario, I get a high volume RB against Detroit and Jacksonville. Besides, now that the playoffs are starting, I shouldn't have to worry too much about someone snagging my kicker off the wire. And if they do, they'll probably be dropping a kicker that is also acceptable, and there are already numerous acceptable kickers on the wire.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Anyone feeling good enough with ASJ to start him this week? A matchup with the Saints defense seems too good to pass up, and Tampa Bay has seemed to look ASJ's way every time he actually plays. Problem is, I'd be playing him over Barnidge, who has done me well so far this season. I just don't really trust him with Manziel behind center. Sure, Manziel hooked up with him for a TD against the steelers, but the steelers pass defense is terrible, they give up TDs to every TE, and Barnidge hasn't put up numbers with Manziel otherwise. Normally I wouldn't care and just roll with ASJ, but it's the playoffs and all.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Just picked up Winston in all of my QB needy leagues and am not looking back. #CrabwalktoChampionship

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
I'm strongly considering starting Winston over Carson Palmer this week. I just got that feeling, you know?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Is it all aboard the Bucs offense this week????

Of course, there is no way I'd play Winston over Palmer.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

ChocolatePancake posted:

I'm strongly considering starting Winston over Carson Palmer this week. I just got that feeling, you know?

I wouldn't.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Benne posted:

lol if you think Hightower is getting more than like 8 carries once the Saints' defense gives up a billion first-half points.

This man knows the truth.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

hightower is going to score like 15 ppg through the playoffs and carry people to championships because that's exactly how this dumb game works

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I grabbed Tyrod to start over Eli or Ben in 1PPR for my first week of playoffs. Because the Eagles.

I hope this works out.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Dandy Kaiser posted:

hightower is going to score like 15 ppg through the playoffs and carry people to championships because that's exactly how this dumb game works

You spelled David Johnson wrong.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

BabeLiker90 posted:

I wouldn't.

I won't, but the temptation is strong.

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007

LmaoTheKid posted:

You spelled David Johnson wrong.

My fear is that Andre Ellington comes back strong next week and takes half of David Johnson's touches.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

ChocolatePancake posted:

My fear is that Andre Ellington comes back strong next week and takes half of David Johnson's touches.

You're afraid of weird things.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I totally won a game many years ago due to a desperate Hightower play where he was like 30 yards and 2 TDs. The low yardage+TD was pretty much his signature game with the Cards. There is absolutely a chance he gets you 18 yards and leaves you sad though.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Tip for this year's playoffs: you can't spell advance without Vance

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

commish posted:

Anyone feeling good enough with ASJ to start him this week? A matchup with the Saints defense seems too good to pass up, and Tampa Bay has seemed to look ASJ's way every time he actually plays. Problem is, I'd be playing him over Barnidge, who has done me well so far this season. I just don't really trust him with Manziel behind center. Sure, Manziel hooked up with him for a TD against the steelers, but the steelers pass defense is terrible, they give up TDs to every TE, and Barnidge hasn't put up numbers with Manziel otherwise. Normally I wouldn't care and just roll with ASJ, but it's the playoffs and all.

I'm rolling out ASJ in 4 leagues for the playoffs this week, so if he puts up a dud you can blame me.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Leperflesh posted:

I grabbed Tyrod to start over Eli or Ben in 1PPR for my first week of playoffs. Because the Eagles.

I hope this works out.

Same. I think we're good.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
:siren:

quote:

Brandin Cooks has been added to the Saints' injury report with a concussion, and missed Thursday's practice.
It's unclear if Cooks was concussed on Wednesday or Thursday, but either way, he's now all but certain to miss Sunday's game against the Bucs. It further downgrades Drew Brees on the road, and leaves fantasy owners in a lurch for the first week of the playoffs. Barring a surprise Cooks clearance, Brandon Coleman and Marques Colston will fight for scraps behind Willie Snead. Ben Watson receives an upgrade.

Brandin Cooks missed practice today with a concussion he may have gotten yesterday.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VietCampo posted:

Brandin Cooks missed practice today with a concussion he may have gotten yesterday.

Inactive: Entire Saints team except for Brandon Browner.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
What the hell is going on in New Orleans. Stop getting hurt, everybody.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Forever_Peace posted:

The voodoo finally wore off and its all going to hell.

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

VietCampo posted:

FFS, terrible timing.

Now my flex will be a contest between Ginn, D. Moncrief, E. Lacy and Starks. I'm leaning Moncrief, but who the gently caress knows.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Freezer posted:

FFS, terrible timing.

Now my flex will be a contest between Ginn, D. Moncrief, E. Lacy and Starks. I'm leaning Moncrief, but who the gently caress knows.

Yea, i have Cooks in 2 lineups and he's become a rock solid WR2 lately after starting real slow. Gonna be tough to replace in one league, but i have a few WR's in the other.

Sucks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Forever_Peace posted:

Truly the worst disaster to befall NOLA in recent memory

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Man, that Cooks news is brutal for me. I'll have to start Jordan Matthews or, I guess, Demarco Murray/Gio/Blount in my flex. Bah.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

commish posted:

Man, that Cooks news is brutal for me. I'll have to start Jordan Matthews or, I guess, Demarco Murray/Gio/Blount in my flex. Bah.

Gio out of those three.

I say three because I'm going to pretend you don't have Matthews anymore.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ChocolatePancake posted:

Aren't they playing the Vikings? Isn't the entire Vikings defense on IR now?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Azhais posted:

Aren't they playing the Vikings? Isn't the entire Vikings defense on IR now?

David Motherfuckin Johnson gonna go HAM.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Anybody else seriously considering benching Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb for Alex Smith and Golden Tate Respectively?

My other WRs are Landry, Robinson, Fitzgerald, so like :getin:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone see any compelling reason to hang on to Dwayne Allen in dynasty anymore?

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Ben Nevis posted:

I totally won a game many years ago due to a desperate Hightower play where he was like 30 yards and 2 TDs. The low yardage+TD was pretty much his signature game with the Cards. There is absolutely a chance he gets you 18 yards and leaves you sad though.

Yea someone had him starting against me that same game and due to that I always fear Hightower. Based on one game

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
So with Cooks concussed does this mean anything for Snead? Not sure if I could trust him.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

How does everyone feel about David Johnson tonight?

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

RBX posted:

Good.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Really good.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RBX posted:

I'm a little nervous because it's TNF, but otherwise good.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Azhais posted:

He is a free agent and probably a target for the Giants front office so maybe 1%?

David Johnson owner checking in. Let's go!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

decypher posted:

So with Cooks concussed does this mean anything for Hightower? Not sure if I could trust him.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Azhais posted:

There was no reason to hang on to him before the season, why start now?

• Locked thread