Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
NZAmoeba
Feb 14, 2005

It turns out it's MAN!
Hair Elf
10% informal votes.

All rounds needed for a majority to appear, blue won by a tiny margin.

But it was always going to be a Lockwood flag from the 1st round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
50% of the 35% of people who could be hosed have spoken.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Now we are down to two bad flags.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Varkk posted:

Now we are down to two bad flags.

Three, possibly. The results could technically swing to the red one with the votes not yet counted, although there's no way any but a Lockwood one will run off against the current flag.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Spoiler alert: I'm voting no.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
I'd actually rather the Ensign rather than a Lockwood, but maybe that's just stockholm syndrome from living in London under the Monarchy for so long

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Flag result : Ugh.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Lancelot posted:

I'd actually rather the Ensign rather than a Lockwood, but maybe that's just stockholm syndrome from living in London under the Monarchy for so long

Keep the current flag; everyone can be united in general dislike but no one gets to be a smug poo poo about their design winning.

e: except lockwood, and i guess key but he's a smug poo poo anyway so no change there

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I don't know who Lockwood is but he's* a oval office.

*you're if you're reading this you pathetic loving design hack

Project M.A.M.I.L.
Apr 30, 2007

Older, balder, fatter...
Still bummed that no-one submitted a design for a big coiled turd that resembles the beehive. Oh well.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action
I can't believe a bad flag won the contest that had exclusively bad flags in it

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Flag election result :itwaspoo:

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

awesmoe posted:

50% of the 35% of people who could be hosed have spoken.

Can this be the new NZPol thread title?

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Varkk posted:

Flag election result :itwaspoo:

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
I think it was 48% of registered voters? Still.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

New title idea
New Zealand politics: Complete mediocrity is what New Zealand deserves

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Ugh

At least Red Peak would have been "okay". Now for the final flag I get to pick between poo poo flag or poo poo flag.
Thanks a lot John Key, you even managed to turn the people who supported a flag change against it.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

i thought most people who wanted the flag changed wanted the weetbix box because ruggers and bbqs and our boys in black etc?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Aussie Kiwi kids are Weetbix kids

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost
16% of the loving country just picked a loving candy wrapper.

3.5% of the country decided to open their papers, get a pen, and bring themselves to the point of writing on the loving thing, and instead of using all that energy to vote, they decided to send a really snotty note to some minimum-wage vote-counter under strict instructions to promptly discard anything not easily readable.

What a waste.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Varkk posted:

New title idea

Somfin posted:

New Zealand politics: What a waste.

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Somfin posted:

3.5% of the country decided to open their papers, get a pen, and bring themselves to the point of writing on the loving thing, and instead of using all that energy to vote, they decided to send a really snotty note to some minimum-wage vote-counter under strict instructions to promptly discard anything not easily readable.

What a waste.

I thought vote counters were volunteers?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

New Zealand Politics: Te Pepe about Te Flag.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

El Pollo Blanco posted:

I thought vote counters were volunteers?

I don't know about the referendum but general election workers are definitely paid, I've worked as HQ staff on the last three

it was depressing

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

Somfin posted:

This was actually the best thing to do I feel when all the options were so bad and the whole thing was so stupid

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

swampland posted:

This was actually the best thing to do I feel when all the options were so bad and the whole thing was so stupid

Congrats on being part of the fuckin' problem.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

mirthdefect posted:

i thought most people who wanted the flag changed wanted the weetbix box because ruggers and bbqs and our boys in black etc?

I wanted the flag changed and my standards were even as low as "something better than what it is now". Only two of those might have fit that and both were eliminated.

Somfin posted:

What a waste.

Exactly, the people who might have had enough taste not to vote for the Lockwood flags wasted their vote on a pointless statement.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

The next referendum might actually be one where I don't care enough to vote. Theyre both lovely

Probably will vote no to spite JK I guess

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

fong posted:

The next referendum might actually be one where I don't care enough to vote. Theyre both lovely

Probably will vote no to spite JK I guess

Yeah, I would hate myself for contributing to either outcome so I'm not gonna vote in the next one.

I'm feeling bitter about it because it feels so rigged. But it's probably more likely that I just don't really know much about the voters in my own country. I mean, enough of them voted National in so I shouldn't be surprised.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Somfin posted:

I don't understand, what were they meant to do to be not part of the problem?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Apparently we had some sort of obligation to vote for the Red Peak, which is also a piece of poo poo. Who cares? It's the next one that matters anyway.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Somfin posted:

Lol

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Somfin posted:

The problem of.... Not voting for a flag you don't want in the pre-vote that decides what awful flag goes up against our current one?

The gently caress is wrong with that?

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Somfin posted:

"the fuckin' problem" = the picture on a piece of cloth is different to the picture i want

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

If there were a vote where it's probably OK to refuse to have any part of, this would probably be it.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Vagabundo posted:

If there were a vote where it's probably OK to refuse to have any part of, this would probably be it.

It's actually any vote, but this one especially.

Having a 0% turnout would have been the best possible outcome.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Laverna posted:

But it's probably more likely that I just don't really know much about the voters in my own country. I mean, enough of them voted National in so I shouldn't be surprised.

I know enough that even when presented with a blatant attempt to have something that could possibly be interpreted as a good thing happen during Key's stay as PM (as opposed to the PRC-level shitshow that he'll jet off to escape once he's voted out), at least half the country would either fall for it or just go along with it anyway.

I don't have the highest opinion of my fellow countrymen, as it stands.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
I had a feeling the uglier Lockwood would win even though the weetbix one was polling slightly higher; Key & Hooton & Farrar & all the other terrible right wing people favoured it. I was surprised Red Peak came second though, I heard that like a third of its first preference votes didn't rank any other flags.

Gonna vote to keep the current bad flag I guess

E: look how bad this article is http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/the-flag-debate/75035116/how-did-the-second-most-preferred-first-pick-win-the-referendum

exmarx fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Dec 11, 2015

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Exclamation Marx posted:

I had a feeling the uglier Lockwood would win even though the weetbix one was polling slightly higher; Key & Hooton & Farrar & all the other terrible right wing people favoured it. I was surprised Red Peak came second though, I heard that like a third of its first preference votes didn't rank any other flags.

Gonna vote to keep the current bad flag I guess

E: look how bad this article is http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/the-flag-debate/75035116/how-did-the-second-most-preferred-first-pick-win-the-referendum

Red Peak came third the two lockwood ones were one and two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Wandle Cax posted:

Red Peak came third the two lockwood ones were one and two.

oh lol

bad country

• Locked thread