Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I think I'm going to install this purely for the long barrel shotgun. After playing Stalker for a while, I got used to shotguns that were effective past ten feet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

The Iron Rose posted:

Updated my weaponry rebalance mod!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

Across the board nerf to melee damage, which is now set at 2x default. Minor damage nerfs to the hunting rifle, the .44, the combat rifle, the pipe bolt action and pipe revolver. Minor damage buffs to the laser weapons and institute laser weapons. Massively reduced laser weapon recoil. Minor magazine nerf to the laser weapons. A whole host of changes to range, spread, recoil, and hipfire accuracy for many weapons. Silencer range penalties increased, Light Frame damage penalty removed. Other minor per-mod changes I can't remember. Generally ranges are a bit better, damage is slightly reduced. Laser weapons have greatly reduced recoil, the SMG and shotguns have better range and tighter hipfire accuracy. Other, smaller changes detailed in the main page that I can't be hosed to detail here.

Also new mod that makes power armor pieces unbreakable:
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/5407/

there are other mods that do that sort of thing, but inevitably with other poo poo included.

Awwee... I thought melee damage was just right, especially when I one hit exploded a deathclaw with my combat knife... without stealth...

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Alright I cannot get OCD to play nice with anything else. It flat out won't load.

Here's my load order:

code:
Fallout4.esm
Homemaker.esm
OCDecorator.esp
Safe SSEx.esp
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp
Homemaker - SSEx Compatibility Patch.esp
ArmoredDogArmor.esp
Armorsmith Extended.esp
LegendaryClothes-ArmorSmith-Merged.esp
EndorsCustomCombatArmor.esp
Enclave SpaceMarine Space Wolves.esp
Maxson_Cape.esp
CraftableAmmo.esp
CraftableAmmo_plus.esp
CraftableRangedWeapons.esp
CraftableMeleeWeapons.esp
Crafting Workbench.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Power Armor.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Pre War and Manufactured.esp
Walls and Floors - Simple Intersection.esp
WattzGenerators.esp
Workshop_Planters.esp
TrueStormsFO4.esp
AdjustedEncounterZones.esp
5% Fusion Core Drain.esp
EasyLockpicking.esp
Minutemen_Expanded.esp
AdjustedMobSpawns.esp
LegendaryAllDifficulties10x.esp
ShellRain.esp
Worsins-Immersive-Garage-X01-Bundle.esp
BetterSettlers.esp
CTHHostileAndSneaking.esp
CombatRiflePlus.esp
Weaponry Overhaul.esp
LegendaryModification.esp
Craftable Armor Size.esp
Pos_ShopPositons.esp
Pos_GuardPositions.esp
ModelRobotDisplay.esp
MoreSettlers.esp
TronVaultSuits.esp
What should I shift around?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
Have you tried sticking OCD at the bottom of your load order?

Kea
Oct 5, 2007
Man I dont even know what the poitn is to having fusion core drain if you are gonna stick it at 5%

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Alright I cannot get OCD to play nice with anything else. It flat out won't load.

Here's my load order:

code:
Fallout4.esm
Homemaker.esm
OCDecorator.esp
Safe SSEx.esp
Homemaker - Unlocked Institute Objects.esp
Homemaker - SSEx Compatibility Patch.esp
ArmoredDogArmor.esp
Armorsmith Extended.esp
LegendaryClothes-ArmorSmith-Merged.esp
EndorsCustomCombatArmor.esp
Enclave SpaceMarine Space Wolves.esp
Maxson_Cape.esp
CraftableAmmo.esp
CraftableAmmo_plus.esp
CraftableRangedWeapons.esp
CraftableMeleeWeapons.esp
Crafting Workbench.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Ammo.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Power Armor.esp
Crafting Workbenches - Pre War and Manufactured.esp
Walls and Floors - Simple Intersection.esp
WattzGenerators.esp
Workshop_Planters.esp
TrueStormsFO4.esp
AdjustedEncounterZones.esp
5% Fusion Core Drain.esp
EasyLockpicking.esp
Minutemen_Expanded.esp
AdjustedMobSpawns.esp
LegendaryAllDifficulties10x.esp
ShellRain.esp
Worsins-Immersive-Garage-X01-Bundle.esp
BetterSettlers.esp
CTHHostileAndSneaking.esp
CombatRiflePlus.esp
Weaponry Overhaul.esp
LegendaryModification.esp
Craftable Armor Size.esp
Pos_ShopPositons.esp
Pos_GuardPositions.esp
ModelRobotDisplay.esp
MoreSettlers.esp
TronVaultSuits.esp
What should I shift around?

Were you aware you have three different mods that add planters to the workshops?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

New must have mod: PEW Lasers
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsCpNC5da5s

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

For some reason no perk level requirements crashes my game to desktop after a couple seconds of the game loading. Anyone know what's good ?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Jack Ketch posted:

Are you trying to copy something from one mesh to another mesh?
At least with armor you'll have to name the top listing the same or else you'll get errors when pasting.

My plan was to shorten the red dress a bit. I figured it would be an easy first project. When you say paste, should I be loading the nifs into something besides nifskope? I have some Maya experience, but don't have it loaded on my PC currently.

Jack Ketch posted:

Are you trying to copy something from one mesh to another mesh?
At least with armor you'll have to name the top listing the same or else you'll get errors when pasting.

My failed process is this: extract meshes2 with BAE, browse the folder for slinkydressF or whatever it called, and open with nifskope. Never opens.

E: on my laptop now so I'm sure file names are wrong.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

I just knew something was missing...

It was such an improvement in Skyrim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48uDLQ2_fs

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Magmarashi posted:

Were you aware you have three different mods that add planters to the workshops?

I was not. I am now.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Baron posted:

I just knew something was missing...

It was such an improvement in Skyrim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U48uDLQ2_fs

I'd completely forgotten that was a Skyrim mod.

Saints Crow
Aug 25, 2006

Johnny is the name for God on the lips and hearts of all bangers

Are there any armor mods that just allow armor to overlap outfits and gasmasks to work with hats etc, but don't change the whole clothing/mod system? I keep seeing mods that started out as that, but now say that "it does that, but also I redid the WHOOOOLE system!".

I don't want the feature creep. I just want to wear my snuggly explorer outfit or whatever with some leather shoulder and kneepads and lots of pockets, or my hats with my gas masks.

Also, has anyone modded it so Codsworth/Dogmeat can wear more hats etc?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Bob NewSCART posted:

For some reason no perk level requirements crashes my game to desktop after a couple seconds of the game loading. Anyone know what's good ?

Sounds like a missing master. Run FO4Edit and see what it says.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Saints Crow posted:

Are there any armor mods that just allow armor to overlap outfits and gasmasks to work with hats etc, but don't change the whole clothing/mod system? I keep seeing mods that started out as that, but now say that "it does that, but also I redid the WHOOOOLE system!".

I don't want the feature creep. I just want to wear my snuggly explorer outfit or whatever with some leather shoulder and kneepads and lots of pockets, or my hats with my gas masks.

Also, has anyone modded it so Codsworth/Dogmeat can wear more hats etc?

I'm not aware of a mod, but it's kinda hosed up that the Armorsmith mod added a ton of poo poo to it. Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty fantastic that mods are this far already. It's kinda crazy you can do so much without the GECK. I had no idea adding new armors and such would even be possible!

But dammit why not just make another mod that has that stuff seperate. Even with all the tools, It's better to have things as individual mods so you can diagnose problems and conflicts easier.

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice
Anybody have an idea how to access your settlement inventories while away from your settlements? I'm thinking it is some variation of the openactorcontainer console command, but I don't have a ton of experience with it in the past Bethesda games. I'm outlining a mod to where you can access your settlement inventory after clearing a dungeon, but I've never worked with dicking around with inventories before. Of course, I wouldn't be able to implement anything until the GECK comes out (and I probably will get overwhelmed and give up because I've never modded anything complex) but I would like to figure out what I can beforehand.

Jack Ketch
Jul 5, 2005

:getin:
Lipstick Apathy

gromdul posted:

My plan was to shorten the red dress a bit. I figured it would be an easy first project. When you say paste, should I be loading the nifs into something besides nifskope? I have some Maya experience, but don't have it loaded on my PC currently.

My failed process is this: extract meshes2 with BAE, browse the folder for slinkydressF or whatever it called, and open with nifskope. Never opens.

E: on my laptop now so I'm sure file names are wrong.

For pasting I was more thinking you were trying to copy something from one mesh to another, using nifskope, sometimes you have to have the 0NiNode that expands to show the parts named the same when you are pasting from one to another.

I just tried extracting and opening the DressF.nif from the slinkydress folder and it worked fine, though I open nifskope and drag and drop the file to open it since I've got the older version of nifskope associated with nifs from when I was editing stuff for new vegas/skyrim.
edit: I'm using the Nifskope 2.0.0 prealpha 4, which I assume is the same you're using.

By any chance were you trying to open the DressF.ssf file by mistake?

Jack Ketch fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Dec 11, 2015

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Is there a mod to keep Danse if you do his quest but later turn against the Brotherhood? I not done that yet in my game, but from what I see he will refuse to tag along after that happened, even through the Brotherhood has him kill on sight now after his quest.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

Baron posted:

I'm not aware of a mod, but it's kinda hosed up that the Armorsmith mod added a ton of poo poo to it. Don't get me wrong, I think it's pretty fantastic that mods are this far already. It's kinda crazy you can do so much without the GECK. I had no idea adding new armors and such would even be possible!

But dammit why not just make another mod that has that stuff seperate. Even with all the tools, It's better to have things as individual mods so you can diagnose problems and conflicts easier.

Because you'll split your upvotes/endorsements/epeen numbers then and won't be able to comfort yourself with the knowledge that despite your other shortcomings you managed to get a high number on a mod site.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
I read somewhere that Curie doesn't have Stealth 4 like almost every other companion, and where I read it it listed console commands to give her the perks. Along with a command to make her use her rifle more often in combat. But now I can't find the article and google is useless. Hell, it might have been a post here or the other fallout thread.

Anyone have any idea what I am talking about?

E: meh wrong thread, but whatever

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

gromdul posted:

I read somewhere that Curie doesn't have Stealth 4 like almost every other companion, and where I read it it listed console commands to give her the perks. Along with a command to make her use her rifle more often in combat. But now I can't find the article and google is useless. Hell, it might have been a post here or the other fallout thread.

Anyone have any idea what I am talking about?

E: meh wrong thread, but whatever
select curie in console

addperk x

where x is the formid of the perk level (you have to do this in order, ie have to add first level then second level then third level...)

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Sneak_%28perk%29

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Is this different from the other mod by the same name?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Different authors and I'd hope they're using different sound files. Same base inspiration in the original Skyrim mod though.
The main failing of the one you linked is the author didn't do a video.

This guy is on a roll with the sound mods though.
Car Sounds for Power Armor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaIv26a0_JQ

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Dec 11, 2015

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Oh my god, finally able to move Power Armor frames via workshop available.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Any mod that makes it so that when you got the chameleon effect active your PIP Boy and rifle sights don't become invisible as well? Cause that poo poo is just stupid.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Amstrad posted:

Different authors and I'd hope they're using different sound files. Same base inspiration in the original Skyrim mod though.
The main failing of the one you linked is the author didn't do a video.

This guy is on a roll with the sound mods though.
Car Sounds for Power Armor
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaIv26a0_JQ

poo poo, he removed his John Cena Artillery mod. Anyone willing to upload them somewhere else?

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Any mod that makes it so that when you got the chameleon effect active your PIP Boy and rifle sights don't become invisible as well? Cause that poo poo is just stupid.

no. nothing to be done about iron sights, but Chameleon items work really well on a hotkey and a scoped gun or VATS build. frequently toggling it feels a little less unbalanced than what's essentially permanent invisibility too. equip with hotkey, stand up to conveniently remove it when it's safe.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Is there a good sound mod for weapons yet? The one i was using seems to be never updating again ever.

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I would love a mod that tells you whether a piece of armor is regular, sturdy, or heavy because that crucial information is omitted for some stupid loving reason if there are any armor mods or legendary effects applied to it. Bethesda also used the same inventory graphic across all 3 types so the only way to really tell is equip a piece.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I've got some weird bug with armorsmith extended, I updated it today and now it seems like my pip-boy view is more zoomed in than it was? Also I can't wear my gas mask with my combat helmet anymore.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Dumb Weapon Tweaks (new mod title!) changes in progress:

Lowering damage on recievers in general to combat damage inflation
-"Hardened", "Powerful", and "Advanced" recievers now increase damage by 5/10/10% respectively.
-"Hardened", "Powerful", and "Advanced" recievers reduce recoil by 10/30/30% respectively
-Advanced recievers speed increase reduced to 10%
-Advanced recievers have an additional 30% AP cost reduction

-Automatic reciever damage reduction removed
-Automatic reciever maximum spread (both hipfire and sight) drastically increased
-Automatic reciever "bloom" per shot slightly increased

Barrels now affect damage
-"Stub/Sawed Off Barrel" reduces damage by 20% but also reduce AP cost by 20%
-"Short Barrel" is baseline damage.
-"Long Barrel" increases damage by 25%

F4CK planned changes (those marked with * may be subject to change depending on the inadequacy of the editing tools)
-More granular perk level requirements for crafting mods (each new perk level will unlock something new for each weapon, like a new caliber to rechamber to)
-Most guns will have more calibers to chamber to (will replace more redundant recievers)
-There will be more tradeoffs for picking weapon components; fewer instances of "scroll down to the most powerful one you can craft"
For example, "Improved" laser and plasma barrels will be renamed to "α (alpha)" and "β (beta)" and β barrels will have more severe tradeoffs for their properties (β short barrels will deal higher damage but have much less effective range, β long barrels have more effective range but lose rate of fire, β auto barrels have extremely fast ROF but less damage efficient)
-"Hardened" and "Powerful" recievers will be retuned to "Lubricated" (increased rate of fire) and "Buffered" (severely reduced recoil and bloom), Advanced simply gives both bonuses but requires perk level 4 to craft, as a reward for leveling the crafting perks that high.
*Unremovable "inferior quality" prefixes from enemy weapon drops that are just flat out nerfs to the weapons you find, intended to encourage the player to buy high-quality weapons from shops.
*Faster melee weapon swings

Spider Plant
Jan 1, 2007

A more dignified life-form.
I had an issue for a while where my HUD compass would start to flicker in and out. Not all of it, just bits of it, like quest icons only being viewable when facing a certain direction without them being half there and half not. Though it was a problem with a mod, so tried a few different ones, then went back to default, still no dice.

Turns out it was a problem with AMD graphics drivers, and only affected that one part of the game. Just that one tiny bit of my hud. Whatever.

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2707/

This fix sorted me out. It's two files from the previous driver. I slapped the x64 files into the same folder as fallout4.exe and I haven't had a problem since. An easy fix for an annoying problem, but I hadn't seen it mentioned here yet, and I doubt I'm the only one with this happening.

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
There's one mod I'm really dying for to make my settlements just that bit more homely.
Windows.
With optional gingham curtains.

Half blocking a doorway just isn't good enough >.<

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Baron posted:

Because MY VISION.

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

FrancoFish posted:

Because MY VISION.

It's probably more just a lack of good coding practices. Splitting your code up into compatible, reusable modules is not easy, and I doubt many modders even understand why it's a good thing.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I used to use tesvedit to lash together all the similar mods I had, with crafting table recipies and so on, then add them to levelled lists, I hope I can do some merged/enhanced mods in F4CK.
Not to mention the ability to kerb kick mods where the creators vision differed from mine.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
You can do some pretty basic merge stuffs right now provided you know how to use FO4Edit.

I can't imagine it's going to be hugely useful at the moment since I don't think most people will hit the soft limit for the load order size yet. For stuff that just uses Fallout4.esm it's much, much easier too.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

Skandranon posted:

It's probably more just a lack of good coding practices. Splitting your code up into compatible, reusable modules is not easy, and I doubt many modders even understand why it's a good thing.

You would think that the mod authors, if anyone, would know why keeping things simple and self contained is important, but alas...

FrancoFish posted:

Because MY VISION.

I guess I know in my heart this is probably the reason.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Baron posted:

but it's kinda hosed up that the Armorsmith mod added a ton of poo poo to it.

I'm enjoying Armorsmith Extended :awesome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

The Iron Rose posted:

Updated my weaponry rebalance mod!

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2463/

Across the board nerf to melee damage, which is now set at 2x default. Minor damage nerfs to the hunting rifle, the .44, the combat rifle, the pipe bolt action and pipe revolver. Minor damage buffs to the laser weapons and institute laser weapons. Massively reduced laser weapon recoil. Minor magazine nerf to the laser weapons. A whole host of changes to range, spread, recoil, and hipfire accuracy for many weapons. Silencer range penalties increased, Light Frame damage penalty removed. Other minor per-mod changes I can't remember. Generally ranges are a bit better, damage is slightly reduced. Laser weapons have greatly reduced recoil, the SMG and shotguns have better range and tighter hipfire accuracy. Other, smaller changes detailed in the main page that I can't be hosed to detail here.

I'm still early in the game (level 10 or something) so haven't even encountered a fraction of the weapons yet... but I like the sound of the changes you've made.

I know you've done a customised Survival mode mod, where you explain that in Survival the player does half damage and enemies do double damage, and give the option to change those values to anything... do you know what the figures are for Hard and Very Hard?

I'm currently playing on Hard Mode, and at the moment I'm happy with the default toughness of enemies and the amount of damage they are doing with the default weapons. Since your mod boosts the damage of pretty much everything, I'm considering turning the difficulty up to Very Hard so that enemies don't become too easy to kill.

I love that you've made heavy weapons more deadly - I love any excuse to use a flamethrower or missile launcher or minigun, but in most Fallout games those weapons end up rather underwhelming compared to ordinary guns. Apparently Fallout 4 is especially bad in that regard.

Bit worried about the damage boosts to the Fat Man, though, since I've heard about (and seen youtube footage of) people getting unexpectedly blown to bits when it turns out that groups of Raiders sometimes include a guy in Power Armour with a Fat Man. With your damage boost and radius boost I imagine even a shot that misses by several metres with kill the player.

Also I've heard that some bosses are so tough you need 3 Fat Man shots to take them down. Might be a bit anticlimactic if your mod allows allows you to one-shot bosses. (Of course I haven't playtested it though!)

• Locked thread