Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
However much his kingdom is being torn apart it should be noted Doom is 2 and 0 in head to head confrontations (3-0 or 2-0-1 depending on if and how you want to count his killing Dr. Strange)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah but Reeds and co are sneaking around to unplug him while Bp is waving that gauntlet around.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah but Reeds and co are sneaking around to unplug him while Bp is waving that gauntlet around.

Obviously Doom won't triumph, (or he will, but in such a way that he sacrifices his soul to restore most of the Multiverse, except a few bits from Ultimate make it into 616 and also gets to come back Handsome), but It sorta shows he's got power when he's been shown to kill 2 people with power to rival gods with his bear hands.

Also, I know this will probably never happen, but I want to see series explaining how Scott got the loving Phoenix Egg and apparently his own country also.

Kaleidoscope
Sep 8, 2007

The Internet makes me dizzy.
Yeah I would much rather see a story detailing what happened during the time skip rather than whatever asinine terrigan plague storyline they'll be delivering for the time being.

There have been minis pertaining to the shield (Siege I think) that outright stated the shield had fallen before and Doom just put it back together again like it was nothing, he just took his sweet time doing so and a lot of people died in the process.I wouldn't be surprised if Doom wasn't taking any of this seriously until he saw T'Challa with the gauntlet. He just assumed whatever happens he could undo it all so might as well see how far the shake up goes. He looked like a pretty bored god-king at the start of the event.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Kaleidoscope posted:

Yeah I would much rather see a story detailing what happened during the time skip rather than whatever asinine terrigan plague storyline they'll be delivering for the time being.

There have been minis pertaining to the shield (Siege I think) that outright stated the shield had fallen before and Doom just put it back together again like it was nothing, he just took his sweet time doing so and a lot of people died in the process.I wouldn't be surprised if Doom wasn't taking any of this seriously until he saw T'Challa with the gauntlet. He just assumed whatever happens he could undo it all so might as well see how far the shake up goes. He looked like a pretty bored god-king at the start of the event.

It's important to note that in that particular instance (the siege breaking and doom waving it all back to place in an instant) happened "decades" ago and could have just been a memory implanted by him and strange in order to oversell how much power he may actually have. He took down Thanos and Cyclops like it was nothing but there may still be some limit of how much he can borrow from Reese at any given time.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Hickman's Av/NAv run made it clear thatan incursion-ended reality is erased, not stopped: its entire timeline exists, past and future, until the incursion annihilates the universe. At that point, the entire timeline, past and future, ceases to be. I assume that, as part of the same big saga, the same rules apply here to a universe's creation—that the whole of time exists for Battleworld, past and future.

We've already seen Kang, and he didn't say "btw everything more than like a decade ago is a yawning void of horseshit and screaming ghosts", so.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Squizzle posted:

Hickman's Av/NAv run made it clear thatan incursion-ended reality is erased, not stopped: its entire timeline exists, past and future, until the incursion annihilates the universe. At that point, the entire timeline, past and future, ceases to be. I assume that, as part of the same big saga, the same rules apply here to a universe's creation—that the whole of time exists for Battleworld, past and future.

We've already seen Kang, and he didn't say "btw everything more than like a decade ago is a yawning void of horseshit and screaming ghosts", so.

Things in time travel get weird when things happen 'outside' of time but still have a linear story for the sake of the viewer. But this is a pretty good take.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I also like how time travel itself has different rules depending on which device you use to travel. Like Doom's time travel machine is unique in one way while Kang travels in another way and it just gets weirder and weirder.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I also like how time travel itself has different rules depending on which device you use to travel. Like Doom's time travel machine is unique in one way while Kang travels in another way and it just gets weirder and weirder.

When people :nono: about a Marvel time-travel plot not following the Grunewald Rules, I imagine them flabbergasted whenever they see an airplane, shouting "THAT'S NOT HOW BOATS WORK!" toward the sky.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Squizzle posted:

When people :nono: about a Marvel time-travel plot not following the Grunewald Rules, I imagine them flabbergasted whenever they see an airplane, shouting "THAT'S NOT HOW BOATS WORK!" toward the sky.

This is now how I plan to react to every plane I see.

bad day
Mar 26, 2012

by VideoGames

Skwirl posted:

Obviously Doom won't triumph, (or he will, but in such a way that he sacrifices his soul to restore most of the Multiverse, except a few bits from Ultimate make it into 616 and also gets to come back Handsome), but It sorta shows he's got power when he's been shown to kill 2 people with power to rival gods with his bear hands.

I wasn't aware that Dr. Doom had bear hands. In what issue did he get them? Must've been a tie-in.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Technically it's only one, and it's called the Infinity Growlntlet.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I thought the Thanos scene was a great mirror of the Thanos/Cap scene from Infinity Gauntlet.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I long for a Rip Hunter like character to try and explain this principle rule of time travel to someone with the following metaphor.
"Time travel is a lot like going on a road trip with your friends. The destination isn't really what's important, it's the journey itself that's important."

Iggles
Nov 24, 2004

By Jove! Commoners!

I think Doom's reactions indicate this isn't the first time this has all happened. Wouldn't be surprised if he's on his fifth reset ending in all out rebellion and this time gives up and lets someone else play god

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah that's the impression I got as well. Although with Namor and T'Challa having the gauntlet things may be different.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Iggles posted:

I think Doom's reactions indicate this isn't the first time this has all happened. Wouldn't be surprised if he's on his fifth reset ending in all out rebellion and this time gives up and lets someone else play god

I'm sure that there have been rebellions and all that, but this is definitely the first time that the pre-Battleworld survivors have shown up.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Ultimate End was all worth it because Bendis took my suggestion (not really, but I did ask him about it) and brought back Rio Morales. I thought her death was a hell of a waste.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
^Agreed, I decided to check Ultimate End, didn't really understand the ending that well but that was great, Rio dying was when USM began going downhill imo so it's good Bendis used this chance to bring her back

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Wanderer posted:

Ultimate End was all worth it because Bendis took my suggestion (not really, but I did ask him about it) and brought back Rio Morales. I thought her death was a hell of a waste.

I disagree. I like the idea in theory but there was no build up or anything, it just kind of happened in a book about nothing but things just kind of happening. It could have been done a lot better in a non-terrible comic.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Way I see it: Ultimate End was boring, pretty unnecessary and just happened, what matters is that now Miles' next book will have another good element to it.

Castomira
Feb 24, 2011

Fuck you Eva Marie, if you have to be right there next to all of my posts you don't even get to have red hair. You're a dryad now.
:froggonk:
The most annoying thing about Ultimate End was Peter Parker not having any idea who 1610 Black Widow was even though they met like four months ago.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Isnt everyone in Ultimate End just a weird not quite the real-thing Battleworld clone though? vOv

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

Isnt everyone in Ultimate End just a weird not quite the real-thing Battleworld clone though? vOv

Pretty much. Even the 616 characters in The End are Battleworld Clones.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah but that Battleworld-clone-Peter knows Miles, implying that he has all the memories of 616 Parker.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
He's as him as whatever Peter we are reading about now is him. I'm not sure how you handle people being put back into reality. I can't wait for the fallout when, in the grand tradition of secret things past, they all remember Secret Wars.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Nevvy Z posted:

He's as him as whatever Peter we are reading about now is him. I'm not sure how you handle people being put back into reality. I can't wait for the fallout when, in the grand tradition of secret things past, they all remember Secret Wars.

Layla Miller did at one point get her future knowledge from future Doom so maybe she'll make another big comeback!

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

kdrudy posted:

Layla Miller did at one point get her future knowledge from future Doom so maybe she'll make another big comeback!

I bet she's pissed that she now knows all there is to know about the future of a dumb broken universe that no longer exists. :rip: 616, you made Layla Miller useful.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

G'bye 1610 Jessica and Kitty, I thought you were both pretty okay but I guess you evaporated into white light, the end. :confused:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

NmareBfly posted:

G'bye 1610 Jessica and Kitty, I thought you were both pretty okay but I guess you evaporated into white light, the end. :confused:

I'd wait for Spider-Man to come out before writing off any Ultimate characters. Like we already know Bombshell is coming over. I wouldn't be surprised if Kitty, Jessica, and Cloak and Dagger did too.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Codependent Poster posted:

I'd wait for Spider-Man to come out before writing off any Ultimate characters. Like we already know Bombshell is coming over. I wouldn't be surprised if Kitty, Jessica, and Cloak and Dagger did too.

I expect C&D to return as an amalgam of their ultimate incarnations and their recent appearance in SW. We probably won't get a second Kitty, though all these alternate X-people are already running around so maybe we will.

Did 616 Peter ever meet Ultimate Jessica?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nevvy Z posted:

I expect C&D to return as an amalgam of their ultimate incarnations and their recent appearance in SW. We probably won't get a second Kitty, though all these alternate X-people are already running around so maybe we will.

Did 616 Peter ever meet Ultimate Jessica?

Pretty sure he met everyone in Spider-Men.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

I think they will try and avoid having to many duplicates around as it is dumb and confusing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'd like to see 616 Jess meet 1610 Jess

"So...you're a clone of Peter?"
"And you're just some woman?"
"Did you know a clone of Gwen Stacy was Carnage?"
"What? That's messed up. Hey you know Peter in our world doesn't were underpants under his costume?"
"Ewwww, I hugged him!"

If they were going to have an Alt Kitty, i'd prefer the AoA Kitty from Star Lord and Kitty Pryde to come over.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

twistedmentat posted:

I'd like to see 616 Jess meet 1610 Jess

"So...you're a clone of Peter?"
"And you're just some woman?"
"Did you know a clone of Gwen Stacy was Carnage?"
"What? That's messed up. Hey you know Peter in our world doesn't were underpants under his costume?"
"Ewwww, I hugged him!"

If they were going to have an Alt Kitty, i'd prefer the AoA Kitty from Star Lord and Kitty Pryde to come over.

I'd rather have the Kitty Pride from Siege. :radcat:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nevvy Z posted:

The 616 Cloak and Dagger are showing up in some book, I forget which, but they'll be as we last saw them with their powers reversed because of Mr. Negative.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The 616 Cloak and Dagger are showing up in some book, I forget which, but they'll be as we last saw them with their powers reversed because of Mr. Negative.

I am almost sure we saw them with their powers not reversed a couple times since then.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

plainswalker75 posted:

I'd rather have the Kitty Pride from Siege. :radcat:

Just follows the major players going "Lyiiiiiiiinnnnnngggg!" all the time.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

twistedmentat posted:

Just follows the major players going "Lyiiiiiiiinnnnnngggg!" all the time.

Siege != Saga.

Though that would be pretty cool too. :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

Siege != Saga.

Though that would be pretty cool too. :D

Someone didn't read Siege.

• Locked thread