Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Ho Ho Ho!

I must have been a very good grognard this year...

The Inspector examined the two brown paper parcels and the sweet rear end card that Santauralsaurus Flex sent. The card had a huge apology on the back for some of Amazon's packing issues. Dude, no worries. The item in question looks great.

I opened it up and found wondrous things...

Auralsaurus Flex, Mouse Guard is the only Luke Crane game I would have ever considered owning, I have an eleven year old niece that I just got hooked with Golden Sky Stories and Mice and Mystics. I showed her Mouse Guard and now she wants to play immediately!

Best Santa EVER!

Humbug Scoolbus fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DigitalRaven
Oct 9, 2012

A package arrived, all the way from South Carolina, which I'm lead to believe is in those United States. Fortunately, the FPIS (feline package inspection service) was on hand to make sure it did not contain poison (or cat treats).

Open it up, and...

:woop: HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo HOLY poo poo!!!! :woop:

Thank you Santa!

The Supreme Court
Feb 25, 2010

Pirate World: Nearly done!
My family say there's an amazon package waiting for me at home, which I'm assuming is this thread. Thankyou! I'll be opening itwhen I'm back in a couple of weeks.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Just Dan Again posted:

That was me! I've played Coconuts with kids and grown-rear end adults alike and it's always a good time!

Thank you then. Daughter loves it.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

DigitalRaven posted:

A package arrived, all the way from South Carolina, which I'm lead to believe is in those United States. Fortunately, the FPIS (feline package inspection service) was on hand to make sure it did not contain poison (or cat treats).

Open it up, and...

Thank you Santa!

Yay! I'm glad you like it. The totally not at all shady vendor didn't have any gift or card options so I couldn't sign it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

DigitalRaven posted:

Open it up, and...

Thank you Santa!

Not your Santa, but glad to see you got a copy of Nexus! I picked one up myself a month or two ago and it is an amazingly weird thing.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Hmmm, can't find anyplace willing to guarantee shipping my first choice gift in less the 40 days. Apparently the only place that has it in stock is Austria and France.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Leperflesh posted:

Goons for whom tracking indicates delivery of a gift, but I've not had confirmation:

Mr. Maltose
Safety Factor
Babylon Astronaut (bonus round 1)

My Santee's gift has been delivered, too, should I send you a link to the package tracking to confirm it?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

No need, posting here is good enough. I'll add it to the tracking.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Package tracking says delivery was yesterday on mine as well. Check your mailboxes peoples! :ohdear:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Mine has been delivered almost a week and a half and hasn't been posted about :smith:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Hey Otisburg, just wanted to let you know that your gift was played last night and enjoyed by everyone!

Even though I lost; I know now that it's better to focus on getting Treasure or +cash cards early on.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Mr. Maltose and tweekinator have both confirmed via PMs that they got their gifts and will post about them when they can.

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Santa's gift delivered! Got some great evil dwarves and a king to lead them - thanks Santa, it's great!

Work posting, but I'll get a picture put up this evening.

Edit: Picture! Thanks again, Santa!

Cotton Candidasis fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 10, 2015

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Mr. Maltose and tweekinator have both confirmed via PMs that they got their gifts and will post about them when they can.

:unsmith:

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Hostiles Christmas cheer inbound, gift deployed. Santee should receive their gift sometime middle of next week!

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Gift deployed.

Auralsaurus Flex
Aug 3, 2012

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Mouse Guard is the only Luke Crane game I would have ever considered owning, I have an eleven year old niece that I just got hooked with Golden Sky Stories and Mice and Mystics. I showed her Mouse Guard and now she wants to play immediately!
I'm glad you and your niece are going to get good use out of that one! But if you think you're all done receiving gifts, you've got another (small) thing coming.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

White tailed deer have been loaded down with holiday cheer and are making their way to a chimney near you. Expected to arrive on Dec. 18th.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Some sweet holiday cheer from Dr. Clockwork Santa arrived today.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!

LLSix posted:

Some sweet holiday cheer from Dr. Clockwork Santa arrived today.

I just read your post further up this page and saw that you already own Dungeon World and Inverse World, sorry about that :ohdear:

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

In for LIghtning Bonus round 4!

Preferences: I own a LGS so I really don't have any preferences! I like all manner of tabletop games and stuff but rarely have a chance to play, so just surprise me. Candy is fine, booze is fine, surprises are great! :dance:

General Location: New Hampshire

Solemn Vow: I will send my gift on time and uphold all other standards and practices of TGSS.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I just read your post further up this page and saw that you already own Dungeon World and Inverse World, sorry about that :ohdear:

I have 3 copies of Dungeon World now, all from this thread so you're in good company :). Thank you for saying something. The kindle is handy for reading in a lot of ways but isn't great at searching. So the paperback versions you got me will be easier for flipping through and looking things up now that I've mostly finished reading through them.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

LLSix posted:

I have 3 copies of Dungeon World now, all from this thread so you're in good company :). Thank you for saying something. The kindle is handy for reading in a lot of ways but isn't great at searching. So the paperback versions you got me will be easier for flipping through and looking things up now that I've mostly finished reading through them.

OK well there's a bright side at least! I was also tempted to send Monster of the Week but I had the Dungeon/Inverse World plus Dagon's 100 Dungeons Deluxe trifecta so it seemed good.

My bonus round 3 gift has been dispatched to Fedex and is en route to an unsuspecting goon! Expected delivery is 5 business days.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Seems I have a mysterious Santa box now. I saw it on my way out the door to work, so pictures incoming when I get home in the morning.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Lightning Round Gift #3 has been delivered and should be winging its way through the aether to its intended recipient.

Frobbe
Jan 19, 2007

Calm Down
Somewhere, in Great Britain, a package is out for delivery.

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

tweekinator posted:

Santa's gift delivered! Got some great evil dwarves and a king to lead them - thanks Santa, it's great!

Santa figured sending someone a battalion of evil shotgun toting dwarves WITHOUT someone to lead them would be highly irresponsible.

Unfortunately the only battlecry they know is "For the Glory of Hellqueen Mistaya!" :black101:

(I'm sure you could teach them new ones.)

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

Package inspector Scarlett took a few moments out of her busy itinerary of bone chewing (raw, don't worry!) to make sure things were on the up and up.

And what could be inside?

Magic.

Ogre magic, to be precise! Thanks, goon santa! I'll be sure to get him added in with the rest of the tribe soonTM.

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord
My package shows it was delivered on the 5th--I hope my Santee received it. :ohdear:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

DigitalRaven posted:

Open it up, and...

Thank you Santa!

If I'm not mistaken, Nexus the Infinite City was the product that inspired Robin Laws to write Feng Shui.

Lichtenstein
May 31, 2012

It'll make sense, eventually.
Gift status:

#1: Apparently flew in warp speed exceeding promised delivery date, bounced from santee's doors and is chilling at the nearest post office.
#2: Is in a plane/airport I think. Which is good, since (for reasons) its best if it doesn't arrive earlier than monday or tuesday.

[edit] Actually, I'll vent about the second one. The gift has a component that required direct cooperation with someone in santee's country. The third party was really quite nice about what probably was a relatively weird request, and we agreed on everything nicely. The one problem is, the guy apparently only checks his mailbox once per week (somewhere around 4 PM on sundays), no matter how you push him.

This wasn't that much of a problem, as I could pester him about poo poo on the phone, but one thing I couldn't really do on the line is to ask him to dictate an account number, leading to the situation where literally my only trouble if for the guy to take my money for the poo poo we've already set up. I hoped to get it wrapped up last sunday, but alas some crucial info was missing and my reply is waiting this whole week, waiting for the sunday to get received.

Lichtenstein fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Dec 11, 2015

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!
If whoever had me a secret santa is wondering why I am not posting about receiving a gift, it's because I have no idea if it has arrived. I have been out of town and will be until Dec 18th. Roommate did pick up a couple of things at the door. Hopefully your gift was one of them!

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes
I finally got to the post office yesterday, my santee should get their gift today or tomorrow. :tipshat:

Felime
Jul 10, 2009
Second half of santee's gift was not up to cheer specifications. After some redesigning, I am going to try to take a second crack at it this weekend.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
First part of Lighting Santa 3: Lightning Hardest will be ordered tonight. Second part will be sent out in the post tomorrow. Both therefore should arrive sometime next week.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Good news: I'm pretty sure I have my stuff!

Bad news: I'm not sure who actually sent it in, unless I missed it in a note somewhere. Also, I currently do not have a camera.

Great news: Holy poo poo the Kings of War 2-player box AND the Deluxe Gamer's Edition. The War Store also threw in a Wargames Illustrated magazine, which is pretty good. Mostly historics, but they have some great painting articles.
Yeah, someone was WAY too generous on this one! Thanks very much!

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
Gift has arrived! Thank you to Santa Frobbe (GW christmas cards are forgiven) for a BFZ gift box, among other neat additions.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Missing gift receipt confirmation from:

NovaLion
Safety Factor
Gaghskull
Babylon Astrounaut

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaghskull
Dec 25, 2010

Bearforce1

Boys! Boys! Boys!

Leperflesh posted:

Missing gift receipt confirmation from:

NovaLion
Safety Factor
Gaghskull
Babylon Astrounaut

Like I said previously Leperflesh, i won't know for sure until I get back home on the 18th. I am out of town until then. Room mate said something arrived so probably?

• Locked thread