Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
I hope that there's a reprint of the Exodus Oath cycle in Oath. Oath of Druids in standard :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Yawgmoth posted:

I hope that there's a reprint of the Exodus Oath cycle in Oath. Oath of Druids in standard :getin:

Only if we also get a Necro reprint.

suicidesteve fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Dec 10, 2015

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

black potus posted:

i dunno if we settled on me having to type properly forever or play painful truths in a big event

the loser has to play the thread's choice of TWoo brews at the next big event

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Some Numbers posted:

Ahahahahaha, this is adorable.

Yeah, it would be amazing with all the durdly 4/5 color decks in Standard

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
How fearful
And dizzy 'tis to cast one's eyes so high!
The oaths and "stuff"s, that fight upon the stack
Show scarce so rich as recalls; halfway down
Hangs one that welders sapphire, — dreadful hack!
Methinks he seems no bigger than his head.
The Fishermen, for whom Deathrite is reach,
Appear like mice, and yond tall anchoring bark
Diminished to her cock; her cock, a Demon
Almost too small for sight. The murmuring storm,
That on the unnumber'ed piles of five cards chafes,
Cannot be heard so high.

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Lieutenant Centaur posted:

Please for the love of god let there be a Price of Progress reprint in Oath.

We heard your complaints, here's your punisher card:

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=3835

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Wastes land
Tap: add (D) to your manapool
Tap, (D), sac: destroy target nonbasic land

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Wastes land

This would be the most powerful land destruction card they've printed in the past like 20 sets.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Wastes land

If they're going to print a better Ghost Quarter, this is the standard to do it in.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Skyl3lazer posted:

This would be the most powerful land destruction card they've printed in the past like 20 sets.
Since it costs D to activate it seems like it would be somewhere near on par with Tech Edge. More powerful but less easily usable. (... and that was "only" 12 sets ago, man it doesn't seem like it's been that long.)

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Giving (D) a way to attack lands would fit the theme they're giving it pretty well. A Spreading Seas variant is probably more likely though.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

lol giving the (D) a way...

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

Wastes land

This would make modern Tron a pretty sweet deck to play.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

ThePeavstenator posted:

If they're going to print a better Ghost Quarter, this is the standard to do it in.

Like myself and other have said before, ghost quarter would be pretty weak in this standard.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Static Equilibrium posted:

This would make modern Tron a pretty sweet deck to play.

Tron would play zero of these and be wrecked pretty bad by any deck that had a playset of that on top of some ghost quarters

e: even though i play tron i'd still be pro wastes land

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
They will never print good land destruction in standard again.

fomo sacer
Feb 14, 2007

UberJew posted:

Tron would play zero of these and be wrecked pretty bad by any deck that had a playset of that on top of some ghost quarters

e: even though i play tron i'd still be pro wastes land

I've seen a lot of tron lists with 2x Ghost Quarter and I had assumed this would be a straight upgrade. I don't play tron though so I'll take your word I'm mistaken, I just like the idea of a modern deck which gets to run a ton of almost-wastelands and follow it up with Karn.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Static Equilibrium posted:

I've seen a lot of tron lists with 2x Ghost Quarter and I had assumed this would be a straight upgrade. I don't play tron though so I'll take your word I'm mistaken, I just like the idea of a modern deck which gets to run a ton of almost-wastelands and follow it up with Karn.

Ghost Quarter's there to beat Sowing Salts/the new identical one for 3R by blowing up the target and a way to fetch your basic Forest in response to a Blood Moon as much as it is for actual land destruction (which is mostly for manlands anyway)

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

UberJew posted:

Ghost Quarter's there to beat Sowing Salts/the new identical one for 3R by blowing up the target and a way to fetch your basic Forest in response to a Blood Moon as much as it is for actual land destruction

Killing inkmoths as well.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Bugsy posted:

Killing inkmoths as well.

just edited that in within like fifteen seconds :argh:

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Yea. I run 2 quarters in tron to protect against sowing salt and poo poo like that. I also have crucible of worlds, so it can be a soft lock against some decks.

Eikre
May 2, 2009
I just realized that getting your dual-land Ghost Quarter'd to deprive you of a color would give you an opportunity to fetch a Waste that you otherwise might not have.

I kind of like that.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Yea. I run 2 quarters in tron to protect against sowing salt and poo poo like that. I also have crucible of worlds, so it can be a soft lock against some decks.

You need it for the mirror too.

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
Good point. I usually beat the hell out of people who don't have their quarters in the mirror and dropping one first is really good too. It ties in to the fact that the one skill you need to play tron is bluffing and faking out which tron pieces you have to make your opponent waste their chances. I usually drop tower last, and keep redundant pieces in my hand until I need them. This makes people think that you have the luckiest draws in the world, but it wins games.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Spellskite is also very amazing in the mirror and that's yet another reason to play some number in the main

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Probably getting the first official Gatewatch spoilers during the World Cup this weekend.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

PSA: Never, ever, ever play Arcane Denial against a control deck. It just won't end well for you. (Deny my removal spell? Ok, I drew two more.)

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Mikujin posted:

PSA: Never, ever, ever play Arcane Denial against a control deck. It just won't end well for you. (Deny my removal spell? Ok, I drew two more.)

Naw, you Arcane Denial your own spell in response to your opponent's Counterspell. That tends to end well.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Hellsau posted:

Naw, you Arcane Denial your own spell in response to your opponent's Counterspell. That tends to end well.
Sure, I guess, that like one corner case works. Like 90% of the time though playing Arcane Denial is just The Wrong ChoiceTM.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

Hellsau posted:

I remanded my own spell in response to my opponent's Cryptic Command, then played the spell again because that was his last card. Felt so good.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Rinkles posted:

Probably getting the first official Gatewatch spoilers during the World Cup this weekend.

If it is anything ♦-related I am going to flip my lid, get real upset, then remember I need to obtain some anyway so I can take pics with my cats.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
All I want for Christmas is "Pollute Delta," a 1D enchant land that turns the land into a Wastes and spawns an Eldrazi Scion.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Oath preview coming after Scotland-Austria in the WMC

One of the Austrians drew 7 off Smothering Abomination in response to removal...6 lands

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Might be nothing, but one dude mentioned Leylines on Zendikar. Might just be fluff.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Spoiled Kozilek confirmed

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Barry Shitpeas posted:

Spoiled Kozilek confirmed

That mother fucker...he never worked a day in hsi life. Makes me sick.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Wastes also spoiled

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Wastes needs to be drafted, you can't just grab as many as you need. Had wondered if they would provide them for land tables. Two versions so they are twice as common as a normal common.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Haha, I called the multiple copies of wastes in the set.

I'm infallible.

Kozilek willl be a 4 of in Legacy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Do split cards count as having two CMCs for Kozilek's ability?

• Locked thread