Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

I dunno, I think it's possible the guy found and killed a Gremlin? This seems to me like it could have happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I dunno, I think it's possible the guy found and killed a Gremlin? This seems to me like it could have happened.

Apparently, it was rummaging in the garbage after midnight...

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

Eponine posted:

Really the least plausible thing is that a Chicago resident would voluntarily take a bus down Michigan Ave. I've seen terrible things these past 9 days.

It's either take the bus, or ride the CTA Red line and wonder where that smell is coming from.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

constantIllusion posted:

It's either take the bus, or ride the CTA Red line and wonder where that smell is coming from.

Bloody public transport eh? All those poors with their weird smells and non 9-5 working hours ruining my day.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

change my name posted:

Hi all, this man is amazing

http://nypost.com/2015/12/06/white-house-chef-dishes-big-secrets-and-a-crazy-surprise/

I kind of want to buy this batshit crazy book

This is so crazy that I'm surprised it went unquoted.

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Verisimilidude posted:

This is so crazy that I'm surprised it went unquoted.

I enjoyed it. The guy is king of STDH, at nearly Amy Lee levels even.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

BrigadierSensible posted:

Bloody public transport eh? All those poors with their weird smells and non 9-5 working hours ruining my day.

Weirdest smell I've ever smelled on a public bus was a rotting leg. Everyone was just ignoring the lady as she cried and screamed for help and eventually got off the bus in front of a don quijote.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

constantIllusion posted:

I ride the Metra. :smuggo:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nuebot posted:

Weirdest smell I've ever smelled on a public bus was a rotting leg. Everyone was just ignoring the lady as she cried and screamed for help and eventually got off the bus in front of a don quijote.

Now that story I can believe.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

change my name posted:

Hi all, this man is amazing

http://nypost.com/2015/12/06/white-house-chef-dishes-big-secrets-and-a-crazy-surprise/

I kind of want to buy this batshit crazy book

Holy poo poo yeah that is amazing. That has to be mental illness right?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Paladinus posted:

Now that story I can believe.

It's actually really, really hosed up how many people here just go around with openly infected and frequently rotting wounds. I don't know if it's a mental health thing or just american healthcare or what. I'm leaning towards the former though because every morning there's a homeless lady at my bus stop who just screams incoherently at the traffic. :shrug:

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Nuebot posted:

It's actually really, really hosed up how many people here just go around with openly infected and frequently rotting wounds. I don't know if it's a mental health thing or just american healthcare or what. I'm leaning towards the former though because every morning there's a homeless lady at my bus stop who just screams incoherently at the traffic. :shrug:

IIRC diabetes can fucks up the nerves in the extremities so when someone gets an injury they don't feel it. Add in "Homeless", "Mentally ill", and "never changes clothes, ever" and you can get some crazy bum with a rotten skeleton foot.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Minarchist posted:

IIRC diabetes can fucks up the nerves in the extremities so when someone gets an injury they don't feel it. Add in "Homeless", "Mentally ill", and "never changes clothes, ever" and you can get some crazy bum with a rotten skeleton foot.

It also leads to circulatory issues, so add that too.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
http://kfor.com/2015/12/06/woman-hopes-to-spread-important-message-after-heartbreaking-shopping-experience/

Woman has a touching encounter with a Wal Mart cashier. Confirmed STDH.txt

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Posted last page.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Looks like she took the video down and is trying to scrub her social media, ayy lmao

What, you wanted attention, right? Now that you're getting plenty it, you suddenly don't want it?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

I wish every STDH article came with one of these accompanying it :haw:

effervescible
Jun 29, 2012

i will eat your soul
I followed the link to the original post and wtf at the top viewable comment I could see:

quote:

Awesome, insight. Exactly how vegans feel about ALL other living creatures and humans too.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
"Haha I'm a wacky rear end in a top hat. WACKY."

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I believe he's unwed, at least.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Mr. Marshmon has very nice handwriting.

When I was teaching once a girl told me my shoes were ugly (they were, but eh) and I told her if she couldn't say it in English it didn't count. That was the only phrase she learned in English. Teaching changes lives, you guys.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Mr. Marshmon doesn't care that he dislikes himself. :ohdear:

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT
There's three different starting points to that flowchart.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

quote:

Last week, I decided to visit my favorite Mexican restaurant during my lunch break. I was sitting in the waiting area, chatting with everyone else in queue, when a little girl jumped from her family’s table and flew over to us. “I’m gonna sing for you while ya wait!” she said with a giggle. She then launched into a rambling, incoherent mess that was clearly made up on the spot. Now, why am I being so harsh on this little girl?

Her “song,” such as it was, told of two fat women who went to a Mexican restaurant. They proceeded to stuff themselves with food while uncontrollably farting. (Of course!! What else would those daaaaaaamn fats do??!) When they got down to their last taco, they had a fight over it. After a brief kerfuffle, one died of a heart attack, leaving the other to happily eat the taco, then steal food from the other restaurant patrons.

When the performance was over, I gave that little girl the most unamused glare I could muster. The rest of the waiting room? Cheers and applause from a thin family, “aaawwwws” from two thin girls, and one humiliated fatty: Me. I excused myself from the restaurant, and ate a granola bar by the dumpsters at work.

Thin privilege is enjoying a meal without being reminded that your existence repulses and horrifies others.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

Strudel Man posted:

There's three different starting points to that flowchart.

Not only that, but the yes and no are wrong on the blue question. Won't people stop trying to ask questions without negatives in them?

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Sentient Data posted:

Not only that, but the yes and no are wrong on the blue question. Won't people stop trying to ask questions without negatives in them?

Isn't it "Am I diploma-less?" No(I do have a diploma)= get a degree, then we'll talk. Yes(I do not have a diploma)= blah blah blah no diploma you are dumb.

It's stupid anyway.

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.

Taco-fight-winning fat lady in the song sounds kickass.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

:laffo: titp people keep getting owned by small kids, it's hilarious.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Fathis Munk posted:

:laffo: titp people keep getting owned by small kids, it's hilarious.

I'm all for treating fat people as human beings, but jesus gently caress TITP is a goldmine for STDH. I'm convinced half their "my terrible experience being fatshamed in public" stories are from people at Voat seeing how ridiculous their trolls can be and still be believed. They keep letting poo poo through that's straight-up dramatisations of Mean Girls or Kenan and Kel and not realising for days.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Thinky Whale posted:

Taco-fight-winning fat lady in the song sounds kickass.

Are we sure the little girl wasn't actually a dwarf? Anyway the ending to that story cracked me up. So offended they left and ate by some dumpsters like a raccoon.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

She does look good, but drat girl, you don't need to fabricate a person to prove your point.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

kinmik posted:

She does look good, but drat girl, you don't need to fabricate a person to prove your point.

Yeah, unless she's in a deeply conservative part of the US or something, girls wearing suits to prom/formals/homecoming/graduation/whatever is A Thing now and no one gives a gently caress.

Guys wearing dresses is a different matter.

PS yes she's a total babe

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Zaphod42 posted:

I wish every STDH article came with one of these accompanying it :haw:

Video's back up and now has 26 mil views. Please tell me she's about to double down on the lie :dance:

Butt Detective
Mar 24, 2013

Only the dead can know peace from these hats.
I went to prom in a suit back in 2009 and nobody gave a gently caress because they all expected it from me :shrug: One of my friends was jealous because she hates wearing dresses too, but thought she HAD to wear one.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

As a high school teacher, I TOTALLY feel this. However, as a person who does not have a cool extra ten million lying around and is also a high school teacher, I know exactly how loving unlikely it is that one would would 1. Level this much abuse at students, and 2. Let students have this much control over your life and emotions.

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747

quote:

I excused myself from the restaurant, and ate a granola bar by the dumpsters at work.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I'm all for treating fat people as human beings, but jesus gently caress TITP is a goldmine for STDH. I'm convinced half their "my terrible experience being fatshamed in public" stories are from people at Voat seeing how ridiculous their trolls can be and still be believed. They keep letting poo poo through that's straight-up dramatisations of Mean Girls or Kenan and Kel and not realising for days.

The "This is Thin/White/Male/Straight/Cis Privilege" tumblrs post literally every submission they get. Their logic is probably along the lines of "all people experience things differently, so every story is valid, no matter how stupid and obviously fake it sounds. Or how much it trivializes the idea of privilege" :downsgun:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

bringmyfishback posted:

As a high school teacher, I TOTALLY feel this. However, as a person who does not have a cool extra ten million lying around and is also a high school teacher, I know exactly how loving unlikely it is that one would would 1. Level this much abuse at students, and 2. Let students have this much control over your life and emotions.

Also, feels like it was inspired by Rick and Morty ep where Rick proves mathematically how his grand kids are pieces of poo poo on a board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

And it was the saddest granola bar ever eaten.

• Locked thread