Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

They are really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
I got 10 and that was 11% for my captain American which is huge

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Another pro tip I never mentioned: your free energy recharge is amazing.

It works like this: let's say your max energy is 80 and you have 76 total. So it looks like 76/80.

You can use your free energy recharge and get 156/80 as your energy. It is ALWAYS equivalent to your max energy.

If you are at 1/80, it would be 81/80.

My strategy is if it's available and I'm full energy, I play one match to get to 76/80 then use my free energy if I'm going right to bed or will be away from the phone for an extended period.

Use it to your advantage and to your style guys!

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Drain your energy down before you use it. You never want to be full energy because then you aren't generating any more, and if you are above max it doesn't generate. You can burn energy in a hurry via using clear tickets if you got them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

EzEight posted:

To all Goonlactus members please do the Alliance battle. Its in the ARENA.
You can't lose the battle its all about killing stuff and getting points, get enough and everyone gets some LV5 Exp chips after a week.

For one fleeting moment I was the yellowest.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
I like teaming Mister Grim with Angela and Blade

You get +9.1% critical rate (lol), +4,7% critical damage, +5,4% all attack and +5,1% attack speed from the synergies. That's pretty good

edit: Or Elisa Bloodborne wtih Angela and Blade: +10,3% all attack, +9,6% dodge, +4,7% HP, +5,1% attack speed and +4,3 critical rate

that Angela + Blade synergy is busted

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Dec 11, 2015

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

I wish I thought about synergies before leveling up a team way ahead of everyone else. I've been using Kingpin, Wasp, and Angela together just because I got them to 3 stars early. At least Wasp and Angela strike for each other.

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
You didn't do anything wrong. Angela is great at 3* for battleworld some keep her at 3* for the most part.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Are any of the Ultron costumes worth the purchase? I'm working on the aforementioned Kingpin/DocOck/Ultron team because Blingpin is crazy fun and Doc Ock was the level 30 that I went with at the start. I think Doc Ock's Spidey costume will be the next purchase, but then probably something for Ultron afer that.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Voodoo posted:

Are any of the Ultron costumes worth the purchase? I'm working on the aforementioned Kingpin/DocOck/Ultron team because Blingpin is crazy fun and Doc Ock was the level 30 that I went with at the start. I think Doc Ock's Spidey costume will be the next purchase, but then probably something for Ultron afer that.

Any uniform's probably going to be worth it for a character you use a lot simply for the blanket +10% stat boost. Ultron's uniforms aren't on the level of Superior Spider-Man or Blingpin in terms of a change/improvement to his abilities, but they do make him more efficient at Type killing (+10% Damage/Damage Reduction vs. Type). Ultron Prime's listed in the Korean chart, which is the one that makes him better against Blast types (such as Blingpin and War Machine), but the Mark 1 costume's also popular; Combat types are fairly numerous amongst foes, and Ultron's weakest stat is his Physical Def. - Combat Types largely deal Physical damage, and in generally greater quantities than Speed types.

Of course, only the Mark 3 has finger lasers.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I use this to find out what teams are best based on which characters I want to use. I found it using this, which I believe is linked in the OP. It's really useful.

My main team is Elsa, Angela, and Sis Grimm. My secondary team (the one I'll be keeping 3*) is going to be Cap Marv, Venom, Spider-Man.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Voodoo posted:

Super Spidey is combat, means strong vs speed
Blastpin is blast, means strong vs combat

So you have no one who does extra against blast. Ultron Prime does more vs Blast. That is how I made my decision.

Whale answer: Buy them all and switch costumes based on what you will fight.

Realistic answer: Blastpin can solo most story content so it don't matter

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Gave in to tempation and bout that 3-6 star hero chest fivepack.

Got Sister Grimm from it at 3 stars, so I'm mostly curious as to if she works fine on a 3 star team or if she really only becomes ridiculous once she gets her clones.

Also got 48 blaster selectors from it. Does War Machine work better at 3 stars or is he dude you want to push to 6?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Sister Grimm is good, but she really shines at 5*

Warmachine is both easy to farm, and wrecks BW at 3*

I would use all blaster selectors on Sister Grimm honestly. Try to get her to 5 stars, I have mine there and she is amazing.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I'm personally still learning what makes an incredible 3* team. It's funny because I feel like there are tons of awesome 3* chars and it all just depends on how you use their skills, level them up, and more.

I've seen an amazing Black Widow, Daredevil, Elsa, War Wolf, Racon, Destroyer, Thor and the list goes on. I feel like one of the worst that just makes me get pumped when I play them is a Red Hulk or Hulk. They just move so slow and are open to big attacks.

New patch has buffs incoming to some chars too so we may see new "kings".

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I think I'll concentrate on lady bloodborne and lady Grimm. I pulled a 5 star lady Marvel so I hope her good costume makes her better.

edit: eheehe

HUMAN FISH fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Dec 11, 2015

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

HUMAN FISH posted:

I think I'll concentrate on lady bloodborne and lady Grimm. I pulled a 5 star lady Marvel so I hope her good costume makes her better.

Lady Carla Marvel's new costume comes out this month and will be 750 Crystals on Launch. Should be awesome.

Edit: that's a drat good pull. Multiple 4*+ is solid. I wasn't so lucky.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Lady Carla Marvel's new costume comes out this month and will be 750 Crystals on Launch. Should be awesome.

I think she doesn't have a 6* skill right now so she's considered trash? That should change too

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

The guy who is #1 in Red Hulk 3* BW made a post on reddit of how just Yellowjacket and Throot carried him to victory.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

^^: rofl link it if ya can. That's too funny. Never mind I found it. Owns.

I played a regular Groot too and he did that loving heal on me again and about wrecked my poo poo. It's unbelievable.

Correct. She doesn't. They do about...8 chars a patch for 6* skills and then tuning all over.

ICR fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Dec 11, 2015

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Oh poo poo I found a 3* tier list for Battleworld:

https://m.reddit.com/r/FutureFight/comments/3s3q38/guide_3_battleworld_tier_list_and_commentary/?ref=search_posts

Very cool information.

The Google doc for quick reference. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1AnfdPMnTmJ27PVhXvEwVO8Vsq3vN-BpdATKfeT9sibw/htmlview?pli=1

Behold, the GREENEST GOBLIN!

ICR fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Dec 11, 2015

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

HUMAN FISH posted:

Oh I didn't realize the big pack had a guaranteed chance of a 5 star. Time to whale out because I make poor life choices.

Lol. THREE GROOTS.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Saint Freak posted:

Oh I didn't realize the big pack had a guaranteed chance of a 5 star. Time to whale out because I make poor life choices.

Lol. THREE GROOTS.

More importantly, you got two 5* characters, one of them is a 5* singularity. At 6* she is ridiculous in BW because she has so much disruption. She doesn't play the damage role, more of the support. But she will ruin the enemy team.

Two 5* characters is apparently extremely rare by reports

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

drat. Two 5*. My god Murphy.

And yeah I like Singularity. Don't love her but she has a unique play style. She is one of those I could see as a blast if you master her and fits that niche play style.

People will probably think you're garbage with her at 6* but then you'll go in and tear poo poo apart. Feels good.

It's kinda like Elsa and Daredevil right now. They just moves so fluidly and flow perfectly and when you bring them into battle, it's so fun to watch. Hate playing against them at high level.

ICR fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Dec 11, 2015

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Gotta say the xp curve seems kinda wacky. When I pulled the 5 star Lady Marvel I cashed in all my gifted energy and left the phone on auto-repeat for the night, like 200 runs and she turned out like level 40.

Getting like 2-3% per run on poo poo I can auto-repeat right now (7-12). The amount of stuff I need to auto-repeat the next best stage (8-4) seems to be far away. Ok I've only played this poo poo game for 7 days, but still. All the xp chips except level 5 seem completely useless too.

edit: haha 5 star global president singularity

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

HUMAN FISH posted:

Gotta say the xp curve seems kinda wacky. When I pulled the 5 star Lady Marvel I cashed in all my gifted energy and left the phone on auto-repeat for the night, like 200 runs and she turned out like level 40.

Getting like 2-3% per run on poo poo I can auto-repeat right now (7-12). The amount of stuff I need to auto-repeat the next best stage (8-4) seems to be far away. Ok I've only played this poo poo game for 7 days, but still. All the xp chips except level 5 seem completely useless too.

edit: haha 5 star global president singularity

My 5* blastpin was able to auto repeat 8-4 at level 45, I didn't really try before hand but he could probably do it at 44.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Drythe posted:

The guy who is #1 in Red Hulk 3* BW made a post on reddit of how just Yellowjacket and Throot carried him to victory.

I've been holding my YJ at 3 stars just to dominate in baby league battleworld. He's ridiculous, I'm in the top 1% of red hulk battleworld right now mostly because of him. I'm gonna be pretty bummed whenever I finally get enough bios to jump him to 5 or 6 stars

edit: Speaking of top 1%, I really hope they expand the reward tiers at some point. The only reason I bother playing past top 10% at this point is to finish out my participation rewards

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Dec 11, 2015

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Hot drat if I would have known about the guaranteed 5 I would not have been picking up the 5 packs

Still 5 drax, he's growing on me, and agent collision is pretty boss

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I've never seen a high level Drax in action. So i would be curious about your opinion.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

LMAO

I decided to join the bad decision squad

This actively hosed me as it forced my 3* malekith to 5*, ruining my 3* team

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

drat. Two 5*. My god Murphy.

And yeah I like Singularity. Don't love her but she has a unique play style. She is one of those I could see as a blast if you master her and fits that niche play style.

People will probably think you're garbage with her at 6* but then you'll go in and tear poo poo apart. Feels good.

It's kinda like Elsa and Daredevil right now. They just moves so fluidly and flow perfectly and when you bring them into battle, it's so fun to watch. Hate playing against them at high level.

I have Singularity at 2* and she's solid, her skills all constantly keep her repositioning so she doesn't get hit by most moves that lock you into place and hit you multiple times like Angela's stab or the like. She's not particularly damage dealing at the level I have her at, but, you've got 5*s, so, gently caress you she's probably good.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Drythe posted:

LMAO

I decided to join the bad decision squad

This actively hosed me as it forced my 3* malekith to 5*, ruining my 3* team

Rofl oh man. Hahahahhaha

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
Lady Bloodborne is actually really cool, all the moves.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
What does it mean that a character has "lots of i-frames" and why is it a good thing?

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

vulturesrow posted:

What does it mean that a character has "lots of i-frames" and why is it a good thing?
Invulnerability frames, i.e. parts of an animation during which they cannot be hit.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So to get a new character I have to save up enough biometrics to buy them?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Once you get a character to 6* do you stop getting their bios? I would assume so but it would be poo poo to keep them in the pool of available bios.

Also skill talk! A while ago I was reading that most people don't think its useful to take any characters skills much past level 30 is this still a thing? From my understanding the rational was that the cost vs power gains starts to really fall off much past 30 so its just a huge gold sink with not much benefit.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Rad Valtar posted:

So to get a new character I have to save up enough biometrics to buy them?

Yeah pretty much. You unlock them once you have the bios.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

MarcusSA posted:

Once you get a character to 6* do you stop getting their bios? I would assume so but it would be poo poo to keep them in the pool of available bios.
You keep getting them. At high levels, gear upgrades require biometrics, so they need to keep dropping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

St high levels you need a lot of bios to upgrade gear, this comes into play after gear level 15 I believe.

• Locked thread