Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Larry Parrish posted:

It really makes you think about people when they say human being or Retard is bad and you shouldn't use it on the internet comedy forum, but then you hit Post History and thats the first word that comes to mind... Hmm..

it's kinda like how you don't just call a fat guy tubs just because he's fat, ya know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

ddiddles posted:

Shay laboof is making art again. This time he's at a call center? Or something.

http://touchmysoul.net/

48 pages of something, is that crowd sourced or just boeufy?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Stinky_Pete posted:

Headline writers these days

The gently caress, weren't we just mocking people last year as insipid, for substituting emoticons for punctuation :rolleyes:

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

babies havin rabies posted:

I like how I have to justify never having a tattoo or piercing to some people.

just get some metal rammed thru your deyock what's wrong with you

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

babies havin rabies posted:

I like how I have to justify never having a tattoo or piercing to some people.

I have a tattoo, my brother does not. When people ask him why not he always tells them "Because my parents did a good job"

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Booblord Zagats posted:

I have a tattoo, my brother does not. When people ask him why not he always tells them "Because my parents did a good job"

Most end up regretting tattoos and they are really expensive to remove. It's also a somewhat painful process which involves breaking down the ink with a laser.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Everyone I know that wears a watch does so for sentimental reasons (gift from loved one, grandfather left it to them, etc). What is the point of getting random watches monthly

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

What is the point of getting random watches monthly

an ostentatious display of wealth

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Everyone I know that wears a watch does so for sentimental reasons (gift from loved one, grandfather left it to them, etc). What is the point of getting random watches monthly
the late boomers/early Gen Xers started it with Swatches

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Efexeye posted:

an ostentatious display of wealth

They can't be expensive though unless the "subscription" is like 500 bucks a month, so you are just getting relatively cheap watches rather than one Rolex or something.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Booblord Zagats posted:

I'm one of the few men to go through the Marines and never get a tat. It's because I always legit considered myself too attractive to deface my body with permanent ink.

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS

DreamShipWrecked posted:

To wear them ironically in the age of cellphones, of course.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

GORDON posted:

I'm one of the few men to go through the Marines and never get a tat. It's because I always legit considered myself too attractive to deface my body with permanent ink.

My brother is a former Marine pilot, I think a big reason he never got one was because he hated every Marine stereotype he encountered in Qunatico and Pensacola

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

DreamShipWrecked posted:

My grandpa always said any man who is at work or has time that he values should own a watch. My dad taught us to always make sure it matches your belt and shoes when you're wearing slacks or a suit.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
generation Zzz

get it? cause they put me to sleep

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

GORDON posted:

The few, the proud, the untatooed.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

1915: why get a wristwatch when you have a pocket watch?

2015: why get a wristwatch when you have a phone in your pocket?

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

radiatinglines posted:

No dummy pocket watches were replaced by wrist watches

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Yeah no poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

radiatinglines posted:

Yeah that's what I'm saying here

The argument that you don't need a wristwatch because your phone tells time is dumb

Quote is not edit

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

radiatinglines posted:

Smart phone's a lovely IED timer

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy
Men's bracelets are a region of fashion that I don't consider worth my money

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Guys watches are just ostentatious displays of wealth

*whips out pinnacle of modern consumer technology to check the time*

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Reverse psychology Apple Watch advertising looking pretty good

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
The f-91w is seriously a good watch, though.

And it's only $11 on amazon right now.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Dec 11, 2015

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

radiatinglines posted:

There are clocks on like every big appliance and clocks everywhere in general.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

DreamShipWrecked posted:

They can't be expensive though unless the "subscription" is like 500 bucks a month, so you are just getting relatively cheap watches rather than one Rolex or something.

I looked it up and "elite" membership is 39/month with no sign up fee

Lol this is some cheap Chinese poo poo

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

JB50 posted:

There are clocks on like every big appliance and clocks everywhere in general.

Oh man you sure nailed me there

Not

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Accretionist posted:

The f-91w is seriously a good watch, though.

And it's only $11 on amazon right now.

That's the best part. I lost mine recently but who the gently caress cares I can just order another one. lol @ caveman mechanical watches that don't even chime

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I was watching miley cyrus on the television and i noticed she had an anchor tattoo on her arm. I feel it is only appropriate to get an anchor tattoo if you are a sailor or marine at least an avid fisherman. Than i realized it probably represents something faggy like the anchor tattoo on her wrist is to remind herself to stay grounded.

My grandma once said only sailors or circus folk get tattoos

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I was watching miley cyrus on the television and i noticed she had an anchor tattoo on her arm. I feel it is only appropriate to get an anchor tattoo if you are a sailor or marine at least an avid fisherman. Than i realized it probably represents something faggy like the anchor tattoo on her wrist is to remind herself to stay grounded.

is your grandma hot

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

next time ur at a red light, take a look around u.

and if ur caught u get a $100 ticket - which is like a 30-50% of the average speeding ticket. its disgusting.

Mariana Horchata fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Dec 12, 2015

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Mariana Horchata posted:

This bothers me because I was once texting at a red light, and rear-ended someone because I looked up and saw green and went forward because I thought I was holding up the people behind me. Luckily it just dented our license plates slightly, but it was a frightening shock to feel that *bump*.

When you have someone else in the car and you need to use a smartphone function, either your friend can take care of it for you or it can wait. The exception being skipping songs, which you should be able to do without more than a glance.

Iron Prince
Aug 28, 2005
Buglord

Otto Von Jizzmark posted:

I was a sailor for nine years and didn't get a single tattoo because every douchebag walking around these days has nautical stars and sparrows. Pretty much completely devalued the meaning of traditional nautical tats when you see a gently caress with like eight nautical stars, a full rigged ship, three turtles and nine anchors with HOLD FAST across the knuckles but turns out he's never even been outside of Iowa.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Mariana Horchata posted:

and if ur caught u get a $100 ticket - which is like a 30-50% of the average speeding ticket. its disgusting.

I drive a large truck at work and I can see down into everybodys car, Theyre ALL on their phones all the time.

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

radiatinglines posted:

Oh man you sure nailed me there

Not

Wasnt really a shot at you just putting it out there.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:

Iron Prince posted:

I was a sailor for nine years and didn't get a single tattoo because every douchebag walking around these days has nautical stars and sparrows. Pretty much completely devalued the meaning of traditional nautical tats when you see a gently caress with like eight nautical stars, a full rigged ship, three turtles and nine anchors with HOLD FAST across the knuckles but turns out he's never even been outside of Iowa.

Wouldn't your burly sailor phisique compensate for this.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

JB50 posted:

Wasnt really a shot at you just putting it out there.

i'm not really mad

but what about outside, man?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

Iron Prince posted:

Please don't insult me in this thread.

• Locked thread