Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
You get enough xp boosts as quest rewards to keep them permanently going if you're just buzzing through the story. Store bought ones won't stack will they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Pierson posted:

In-game name?

Dyspareunia or Shmagent.

If you've got an Eviscerating or Hawkeye, that would be ideal!

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I was stoked about all the stuff in the new packs, and I finally have steady employment, so I splurged on two hypercrates. I was really hoping for the nexu and didn't get it, but thankfully my friend is willing to trade his nexu to me for the Malgus armor and a gundark. Everyone wins! I'm excited for that timer to run down...

sassassin posted:

You get enough xp boosts as quest rewards to keep them permanently going if you're just buzzing through the story. Store bought ones won't stack will they?

None of the xp boost consumables stack - like you can't mix a flashpoint xp boost with a class xp boost - but the effects do stack with non-consumable buffs like legacy boosts, promotional stuff like double xp, etc.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

JonathonSpectre posted:

So the 4th anniversary event says you can buy a Dromund Kaas house for 4 credits but every time I look at the stronghold terminal it's still 5k. I know 5k isn't poo poo but I only have 18k due to just restarting and I'd prefer to get it for 4, anyone know if this is just a fuckup on their part or is my level 20 not high enough to get the good price or?

BTW I love how they've made heroic 2s easily soloable with your companion, last night I did that one in the Malignant Bog on DK where you have to find the 5 bodies and get the rods and I remember what a stone-cold poo poo-show that was at release and how many times we died to the superpowered sleens and gorillas and poo poo there and it was so, so satisfying to just rip that poo poo to shreds by myself.

I said it earlier in the thread, but if you liked this game once upon a time or you like Star Wars AT ALL you should really pull a JS and pick it back up, they have done a great job of making it feel fun again.

Then again maybe that's just me, now that I'm not trapped in the normal MMO mindset of "Hurry up and level past all the content so you can play the REAL game!" and am instead in the "loving kill poo poo with bad-rear end lightsaber fighting animations" KOTOR mindset.

The strongholds were bugged, patched this morning so the price should be accurate now

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

I'm not going to be able to make the HM Ops run tonight (on Wildside).

If anyone is looking to try HM Ops, tonight would be a good night to be online at 7.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Medullah, I just sent you the Nexu License...hoping I did the COD thing properly.

Mercurius posted:

Skiff Guard Upper and Mandalorian Supp if you've got it. Mine's Lanero or Hydrona.

I completely forgot about the patch or I'd have been able to send it this morning. If it finishes doing its thing in the next 10 minutes I'll still probably be able to send it.

E: finished patching and sent.

Sent Skiff Guard Upper and Mando Supplementary to Lanero.

I also discovered a spare Indestructible Farmhand Blue crystal I'll give to anyone who wants it.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 10, 2015

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Medullah, I just sent you the Nexu License...hoping I did the COD thing properly.

I hope you didn't and I get it for 10,000 credits! :D

araeris posted:

If anyone is looking to try HM Ops, tonight would be a good night to be online at 7.

Sadly guys I'm going to have to miss tonight too. Friend is having a birthday dinner at 8 so real life trumps SWTOR.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

I hope you didn't and I get it for 10,000 credits! :D

Sadly guys I'm going to have to miss tonight too. Friend is having a birthday dinner at 8 so real life trumps SWTOR.

Oh ho ho, no...I know I sent it with more zeroes than that. What I AM worried about is accidentally gating it behind 100 mil rather than 10 mil. I'm pretty certain I didn't, though.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

araeris posted:

Me either (on Kaiek).

My computer is working fine now but unfortunately, I'm broken. Raiding while coughing your lungs out is no fun.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Non-entity! The Minas Wasp is awesome, nice work!

Hey thanks a lot. I always wonder if people like a thing.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Alter Ego posted:

I also discovered a spare Indestructible Farmhand Blue crystal I'll give to anyone who wants it.

at this point just assume any spare FH Blue will find it's way into my filthy hands.

Does anyone have tips on how to make phat stax of Credits? I'm co-leader of a 100+ man guild & feel like the only one making anything for it. I feel like if I had a few ways on hand I could tip off the rest of the crew, we can finally get moving.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

HebrewMagic posted:

at this point just assume any spare FH Blue will find it's way into my filthy hands.

Does anyone have tips on how to make phat stax of Credits? I'm co-leader of a 100+ man guild & feel like the only one making anything for it. I feel like if I had a few ways on hand I could tip off the rest of the crew, we can finally get moving.

Hard Mode raiding, sell the Dark Matter Catalysts that drop from each boss for guild funds. One drops off each boss so if you have 100 active players you can run at the very least EV and KP weekly and get 10 to sell. On Jedi Covenant they sell for 1.2 million at least each, so that's a minimum of 12 million credits per week.

Conquest is always good too, the mat you get for hitting your personal goal sells for 500k+. Dailies, heroics are always good for money. Slicing at max level and selling the Adaptive Circuitry from crits is good as well.

Learn the schematic for a 220 hilt or barrel and get a companion up to influence 50 with legacy perks for critting on crafting and craft hilts and barrels for mats, when it crits and you get two and you can sell the extra one off.

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
We're currently at 5/8 people for HM EC, and will almost certainly have room for anyone who logs in in the next few minutes.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Alter Ego posted:

Sent Skiff Guard Upper and Mando Supplementary to Lanero.

Cheers.

Okay so I won't be able to send stuff out until I get home from work but I've got some spare stuff that I'll give away for free to a good home:
  • one eviscerating farmhand blue crystal
  • 2 war hero farmhand blue crystals (lol)
  • 2 full overwatch enforcer armour sets
  • one of the new sniper rifles with the bayonets that look totally rad
  • a mainhand/offhand pistol pair (the mainhand pistol also has a bayonet)
  • some of the Czerka and Meirm mounts (can't remember how many)
  • one of the cat thing with wings mounts (vrake?)

If anyone wants them and is on Jedi Covenant (I have alts either side so can send them out if you've only got Republic characters) let me know your character names and I'll send them to you.

Dulfy's got a preview of the pack contents if you want see what the stuff looks like: http://dulfy.net/2015/12/08/swtor-strategy-alliance-pack-preview/

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012
We're still a few short for EC, but will be trying to form up again at 8.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Get the gently caress online for EC yall.

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I wish the Meirm mounts had the "beep beep" as a flourish instead of just when you mount. I want to honk at people.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

HundredBears posted:

We're still a few short for EC, but will be trying to form up again at 8.

What timezone is this? If 8 is 2 hours from now for you, I could heal.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

nonentity posted:

I've been buying most of the new speeders as they come out. Partly that's because my stronghold is set up as a "swoop garage" with dozens of vehicles either on display or scattered around looking like they're being worked on in the back. And partly it's just because they're cool. I really liked the Meirm Moth because it looked disassembled. :)

You were talking about color crystals earlier and how an authentic "Obi-Wan blue" might be too close to the "Farmhand" look. Well, the conversation reminded me of a post I saw on the forums a while back asking for a green that was closer to Luke's Return of the Jedi green, so not as pale as the "mint" one but not as yellow-tinged as the standard green ones. In general I like the idea of having collectible crystal options that resemble the more classic colors, so any slightly tweaked green, red, blue and yellow I think would go over well. If you're looking for ways to mix them up, it generally looks really cool when the core is not pure white but a much paler version of the main color... like the pink-red, which actually looked a lot like Vader's saber in some scenes.

Just throwin' some ideas at the wall so to speak.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've been buying most of the new speeders as they come out. Partly that's because my stronghold is set up as a "swoop garage" with dozens of vehicles either on display or scattered around looking like they're being worked on in the back. And partly it's just because they're cool. I really liked the Meirm Moth because it looked disassembled. :)

You were talking about color crystals earlier and how an authentic "Obi-Wan blue" might be too close to the "Farmhand" look. Well, the conversation reminded me of a post I saw on the forums a while back asking for a green that was closer to Luke's Return of the Jedi green, so not as pale as the "mint" one but not as yellow-tinged as the standard green ones. In general I like the idea of having collectible crystal options that resemble the more classic colors, so any slightly tweaked green, red, blue and yellow I think would go over well. If you're looking for ways to mix them up, it generally looks really cool when the core is not pure white but a much paler version of the main color... like the pink-red, which actually looked a lot like Vader's saber in some scenes.

Just throwin' some ideas at the wall so to speak.

I can neither confirm nor deny that a certain other color might already be made.

(get out of my head)

HundredBears
Feb 14, 2012

HebrewMagic posted:

What timezone is this? If 8 is 2 hours from now for you, I could heal.

It's Jedi Covenant server time, which is EST so no luck there, sadly.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

nonentity posted:

It really does look amazing. Fantastic job!

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

HundredBears posted:

It's Jedi Covenant server time, which is EST so no luck there, sadly.

this is the problem I have being west coast on an east coast server.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dexo posted:

Get the gently caress online for EC yall.

Sorry I couldn't make tonight, hopefully y'all got enough to run something if not EC.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

So I guess I probably stopped playing a little after it went free to play? Maybe two years ago?

Anyway HOLY CRAP did they make this game better. I just finished Tatooine and sailed right through the end of act one with my Nolan North doing nothing but running from class quest to class quest. I'm playing him darkside and all of his snarky comments are like "ugh I don't have time for this poo poo" and it's matched by my joy that I DON'T NEED TO DEAL WITH ALL THE poo poo ANYMORE. Teleport to way stations! Go back to your ship whenever you drat-well please. ROCKET BOOTS EVERYWHERE. There's basically no downtime at all anymore. Honestly the worst thing I can say is that taking away all those lovely systems really made it obvious how at launch they were trying to get people too spend more time doing less in game for subscription moneys.

And companions... I mean, I remember being pissed when a class's healer was a dick, or how insanely difficult it was before getting my first healer on motherfucking HOTH as my first character, a gunslinger. Now it's just like "like their style? Let them help however you want!" Do the revamped companions dominate as much as they do on heals if you're a tank or healer yourself and want them to DPS? I seriously am not good at these games and feel like, outside of the final boss of act one (when I had to remember that stuns was a thing) you just don't die anymore unless you make really, really stupid choices. I kinda wanna run a tank with a healer companion and just win combat by having the enemies get tired of trying to hurt me and wandering away

edit: oh thought of a single downside to the updates - I'm a tiny bit annoyed you can't mix skill trees within the same advance class anymore to make weirdo hybrid builds. Those were fun to sperg out over

Digital Osmosis fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 11, 2015

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Mercurius posted:

If anyone wants them and is on Jedi Covenant (I have alts either side so can send them out if you've only got Republic characters) let me know your character names and I'll send them to you.

Dulfy's got a preview of the pack contents if you want see what the stuff looks like: http://dulfy.net/2015/12/08/swtor-strategy-alliance-pack-preview/

I mean, I wont say no if you want to send a sniper rifle to Jehane! Though I still think the BL-28 range is your best work, Non-Entity :D

Debating on whether to drop cash on the Malgus set, or just wait to pick it up piecemeal. Seems a bit overpriced right now, but drat its just the perfect set for a Sith Warrior.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Mercurius posted:

If you have any of those radical cat-dragon mount things left I'd snatch it off you on my Agent Ganjamancer

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Digital Osmosis posted:

And companions... I mean, I remember being pissed when a class's healer was a dick, or how insanely difficult it was before getting my first healer on motherfucking HOTH as my first character, a gunslinger. Now it's just like "like their style? Let them help however you want!" Do the revamped companions dominate as much as they do on heals if you're a tank or healer yourself and want them to DPS? I seriously am not good at these games and feel like, outside of the final boss of act one (when I had to remember that stuns was a thing) you just don't die anymore unless you make really, really stupid choices. I kinda wanna run a tank with a healer companion and just win combat by having the enemies get tired of trying to hurt me and wandering away

The companions are crazy-good at DPS; my tank characters are almost overwhelmed trying to keep aggro when I'm fighting packs of enemies. Actually, it's sometimes difficult keeping aggro even against single enemies, especially at low level.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Moreau posted:

I mean, I wont say no if you want to send a sniper rifle to Jehane! Though I still think the BL-28 range is your best work, Non-Entity :D

Debating on whether to drop cash on the Malgus set, or just wait to pick it up piecemeal. Seems a bit overpriced right now, but drat its just the perfect set for a Sith Warrior.

420 Gank Mid posted:

If you have any of those radical cat-dragon mount things left I'd snatch it off you on my Agent Ganjamancer
Enjoy your shiny toys :tipshat:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Nexu companion is pretty neat, as expected pretty much just a pallette swap of the Akk Dog. It's level 10 trick is to lick itself. "Affectionate slobber" from the Akk Dog is called "Affectionate hairball" which is even more hilarious, but the same animation.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

The Nexu companion is pretty neat, as expected pretty much just a pallette swap of the Akk Dog. It's level 10 trick is to lick itself. "Affectionate slobber" from the Akk Dog is called "Affectionate hairball" which is even more hilarious, but the same animation.

Aw. I was hoping it was going to be some kind of AOE coughed-up hairball healing thing.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

The nexu is awesome. I had enough jawa scrap lying around that I was able to get him to influence rank 50 just buying stacks and stacks of treats. I have him set to tank mode, and he can pretty much handle every fight on his own. My favorite trick is "preen" because my character also does a preening animation. It's subtle but it's pretty funny. It's also pretty great doing cutscenes and just seeing that wagging tail in the background. I have my low-level Sith sorcerer riding around on a gundark and leading a nexu into battle, and I really enjoy the idea that she's commanding a squad of monsters.

I haven't seen a way to unlock these fancy combat pets in collections. I absolutely would if I could. I always liked the nexu in Attack of the Clones, and I've been waiting for the day when I could have one in the game. It did not disappoint.

edit: VVV I did not even think to search by pack. I'll check it out!

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Dec 11, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

You can.

It's easier to find them if you go by the Packs category. I'm not sure what category they're actually in.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

You can.

It's easier to find them if you go by the Packs category. I'm not sure what category they're actually in.

Yep, this exactly. No idea what category they're in, but if you go to the pack they're in it's 400 to unlock in collections.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I checked a little more thoroughly and I'm pretty sure they're not even in a category. I think searching by pack is currently the only way to find them.

But yeah, 400 coins? I would have paid three times that. SOLD!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I checked a little more thoroughly and I'm pretty sure they're not even in a category. I think searching by pack is currently the only way to find them.

But yeah, 400 coins? I would have paid three times that. SOLD!

I have paid 3 times that...now have a puppy, kitty cat, and sentient anal probe on all my chracters!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hahaha they renamed "Artwork" gifts to "Delicacies". No more feeling guilty feeding your Akk Dog rare art.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Medullah posted:

Hahaha they renamed "Artwork" gifts to "Delicacies". No more feeling guilty feeding your Akk Dog rare art.

I saw that. Did it change gift preferences at all?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

drat, they're going to town on exploiters -

Official Forums posted:

Hey folks,

Here is another update on the exploit, and the action we have taken. We are continuing to investigate accounts and action is on-going. Here are the actions we have taken against accounts:
Suspension time, up to and including a permanent ban (more than 500 accounts have been permanently banned so far)
Removal of all Credits
Removal of all Currencies
Removal of all items which could be gotten from the exploit, including recurring Event Currencies and Companion gifts
Resetting of all Companion Influence to 0
Resetting progress of all Alliance Commanders to 0
The nature of this exploit is that players could use it to gain a wide array of things. This includes anything from credits, to event currency, to Companion affection via Rank 6 gifts. We are working to ensure that the action we take against player is fair, but makes it clear that use of exploits will not be tolerated.

We have seen quite a few comments and questions about accounts which have participated in laundering ill-gotten items and credits around. I will have an update on this later today. Thanks everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

Gotta wonder how many of those 500+ accounts are legit player accounts and how many are dedicated exploit/fence accounts. Restrictions on preferred/F2P accounts would seem to make it difficult to use them as throwaways for something like this, but I'm sure there are people dedicated enough to have multiple subscriptions anyways.

• Locked thread