Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

loquacius posted:

I too hope that every movie people are excited about turns out to be bad, so that I may cackle as I down my cheap whiskey that now everyone can see their life is just as empty as mine

I dunno guys I'm just tired of this same old goon attitude of "that thing everyone likes is actually bad :smug:". I don't know if this movie is going to be good but it looks cool from previews and I hope it's good because I like watching movies that are good

Let yourself enjoy something sometime, it is surprisingly fun

I agree, unless we're talkin anime or Ponys/Steven Universe, those are always awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mean yeah we don't have to enjoy literally everything, I'm just a little burned out on talking about how every single thing sucks and liking anything is stupid. I own a Microsoft Surface Pro 2.

I guess the people in these pictures suffer from the opposite problem (insufficient self-awareness w/r/t how "into" things they get) as do fandoms yeah (also they have poor hygiene, grooming, and exercise habits). Truth is in the middle etc etc etc

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

STAY ON TARGET!!! STAY ON TARGET!!!

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

numberoneposter posted:

STAY ON TARGET!!! STAY ON TARGET!!!

ITS A TRAP

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

loquacius posted:

I mean yeah we don't have to enjoy literally everything, I'm just a little burned out on talking about how every single thing sucks and liking anything is stupid. I own a Microsoft Surface Pro 2.

I guess the people in these pictures suffer from the opposite problem (insufficient self-awareness w/r/t how "into" things they get) as do fandoms yeah (also they have poor hygiene, grooming, and exercise habits). Truth is in the middle etc etc etc

Nah dude, I feel ya and sincerely agree. But I also really like makin fun of fat and ugly people in this here internets.

Also I really hope the new Star Wars is good so I can watch a really good movie with my girlfriend and feel excited to have seen it.

And BB-8 looks adorable for a robot

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Hey you loving retards don't ruin the thread

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

genesplicer posted:

Full disclosure: I submitted a picture but they didn't use it.

Wait, there's a vetting procedure with these ThinkGeek Action photos? The ones that are getting posted in this thread are the ones that passed the approval process?
:psyduck:

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Wait, there's a vetting procedure with these ThinkGeek Action photos? The ones that are getting posted in this thread are the ones that passed the approval process?
:psyduck:

This is what I was thinking. The best pictures are probably sitting in the "rejected" folder of some forgotten NAS, deep in the bowels of the ThinkGeek datacenter.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

The filtering process is probably "are there visible penises in this picture if not let's post it"

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Panniculus Rift posted:

The filtering process is probably "are there visible penises in this picture if not let's post it"

then we must ask why genesplicer wasn't approved

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Also makes me want to see the reject pile even more.

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."

genesplicer posted:

Full disclosure: I submitted a picture but they didn't use it.

let's see that pic

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

netally posted:

Why can't these geeks spend two seconds cropping their pictures? I'm depressed just looking at their filthy studio apartments with worn 70s patterned sofas and cluttered worktops.

My favorite part of any nerd picture thread is the incidental look into the filth pile they live in, or their parents house, or both I guess

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

theflyingorc posted:

then we must ask why genesplicer wasn't approved

i guess because his penis was showing

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

King of the Geeks himself.

Computer. Five Dollar Footlong. Meatball. Extra Ranch. Hot.

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 11, 2015

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
Wonder how many goatmans got submitted for the One Ring action shot.

basement jihadist
Oct 3, 2002

stop ruining the thread with good goon / bad goon you wiggling wieners

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

I like that guy's cool pendant. :c00lbutt:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
....alright i'll bite

why are there so many pi shirts? is this some cake is a lie i loving love science poo poo or what

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Robo Reagan posted:

....alright i'll bite

why are there so many pi shirts? is this some cake is a lie i loving love science poo poo or what

It's the easiest mathematical item of interest to understand so they all latch on to it to prove how smart they are when they're actually not

Also they're fat and it's "pie lol"

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
okay, thought so

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Robo Reagan posted:

....alright i'll bite

Wikipedia says:

"The number π is a mathematical constant, the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter, commonly approximated as 3.14159. It has been represented by the Greek letter "π" since the mid-18th century, though it is also sometimes spelled out as "pi" (/paɪ/).

Being an irrational number, π cannot be expressed exactly as a fraction (equivalently, its decimal representation never ends and never settles into a permanent repeating pattern). Still, fractions such as 22/7 and other rational numbers are commonly used to approximate π. The digits appear to be randomly distributed; however, to date, no proof of this has been discovered. Also, π is a transcendental number – a number that is not the root of any non-zero polynomial having rational coefficients. This transcendence of π implies that it is impossible to solve the ancient challenge of squaring the circle with a compass and straightedge."

So I guess it's just a unique number/symbol that people latched onto, became popular due to nerd-herd mentatility, and the rest is history (a history of people eating pies in a pi shirt like EATING PIE IN MY PI SHIRT HAHAHAHA).

e^ that guy summed it up more succinctly.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
ty for that explanation of pi im wsure it will be useful

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

numberoneposter posted:

King of the Geeks himself.

All things considered, for a child actor he seemed to turn out okay.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

canyoneer posted:

you just know this guy is a massive tool

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
I'm SUCH a maths nerd. I can do the algebra they teach to 12 year olds.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

canyoneer posted:

Is that a tactical chef apron

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
i cannot view post histories, but aren't most of you guys into dreadful embarrassing things as well except it doesn't count because you say it's 'shooty mans namaste' and you call anybody else who likes it Asperger Syndrome?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

i cannot view post histories, but aren't most of you guys into dreadful embarrassing things as well except it doesn't count because you say it's 'shooty mans namaste' and you call anybody else who likes it Asperger Syndrome?

why yes, thank you for noticing

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

Haier posted:

10 years ago exactly, where I lived (Hawaii) all of the high school emos with swoop hair would go to the mall and literally lay on each other and look depressed, half wearing those Naruto headbands. Naruto became synonymous with Emo culture, at least in Hawaii. It was a strange combination. Snake Bites, girl jeans, eye liner, Naruto merchandise.

Sort of like that a bit, too, in the midwest.

From what I remember about Naruto, wasn't a big part of the show a whole bunch of teens that everyone hates because they're different from normies but they're still better than everyone that hates them?

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

Seaniqua posted:

let's see that pic

I wish I still had it, but it disappeared years ago in a hard drive failure. Mrs. Genesplicer had ordered me one of their titanium sporks. I pointed out that titanium does a really cool color change when heated. She suggested I do that, and she would sent the picture in. I was wearing my welding stuff (mask, gloves and jacket) and hitting the spoon with an oxy-acetylene torch. I'm guessing it was too hard to see exactly what was going on (I put an after photo of the spoon in an inset), or they might be worried that other folks would try it without the requisite skill, harm themselves and sue the company.

Panniculus Rift posted:

i guess because his penis was showing

Nope. I try to keep people from laughing at me. Being fully clothed helps out.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

numberoneposter posted:

this is definitely an Italian BMT guy

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

lilljonas posted:

Why are these people so obsessed with the concept of pi?
Pi is introduced around the exact time most people get upset and decide they aren't good at math and it's like a "hey, I made it" kind of thing for some reason

Metagrubs
Jan 5, 2015
Lipstick Apathy

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
weed dealer santa owns

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

numberoneposter posted:

hydo
Nov 23, 2002

I'm gay for Lipton Brisk Iced Tea

Didn't see it pointed out above me...

Look closely, there's an IV in that person's arm.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

why is dr who so popular

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Uncle Wemus posted:

why is dr who so popular

it is a childrens show but everyone has british accents so it seems vaguely sophisticated. also, ugly people love catchphrases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Thank God the the internet didn't exist in this form 30-35 some years ago. We'd be seeing ThinkGeek selling a bunch of.... Star Wars, Star Trek, LotR and Doctor Who stuff to people.

(However, Mork would be more popular than Doctor Who, leading to a bunch of dressing up like Robin Williams and shoving their finger into beverages.)

• Locked thread