Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Joementum posted:

But would the Libertarians go for a loud, racist, white man who is obsessed with gold? Hard to say.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

paranoid randroid posted:

bush wasnt a hated candidate in 2000 and gore lost by cutting himself loose from the clinton admin to run as his own man/a stiff wonky weirdo

It's quite humorous in a sad way that at one time George W Bush was considered the same exact candidate as Al Gore. Both were boring as gently caress and moderate.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Will Trump wear a bow tie? That's the deciding issue.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Joementum posted:

It's against Oklahoma state law to list anyone on the Presidential ballot except the Democrat and the Republican, by the way, which is why the Libertarians don't have access there.

that's a pretty fuckin stupid law

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

District Selectman posted:

It's quite humorous in a sad way that at one time George W Bush was considered the same exact candidate as Al Gore. Both were boring as gently caress and moderate.
"I am not into nation-building."

*invades the wrong country and creates a political vacuum capable of supporting an Islamic caliphate*

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Nessus posted:

Are we just assuming Trump is a completely immovable, unstumpable object who will be completely immune from any kind of established political activity whatsoever?

Honestly, that’s the best model for him I’ve seen thus far.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Nessus posted:

(He has certainly done very well in the GOP primary. This is not the same thing as the general election.)

This should be on the top of every page. Remember: everything going on right now is like a dispatch from the alternate reality that Michelle Bachmann lives in. This isn't a general election, its a republican election, and as such it is lovely.

Just about every advantage trump has over this contest is either flipped upside down or negated in a national general, and he's not exactly starting out strong with the rest of us anyway.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

shiksa posted:

Well without it, Oklahoma would repeatedly elect the literal nazis

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

fishmech posted:

Looks like everythings coming up Oklahoma this election then!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

shiksa posted:

Also not a real one:

quote:

Oklahoma: A party is defined either as a group that polled 10% for the office at the top of the ticket in the last election (i.e., president or governor), or that submits a petition signed by voters equal to 5% of the last vote cast for the office at the top of the ticket. An independent presidential candidate, or the presidential candidate of an unqualified party, may get on the ballot with a petition of 3% of the last presidential vote.

That’s a higher bar than any other state, but not the same thing as “literally only Democrats and Republicans allowed”.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

fishmech posted:

What is with that place?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Platystemon posted:

Also not a real one:

That’s a higher bar than any other state, but not the same thing as “literally only Democrats and Republicans allowed”.

The actual effect is that only those two parties are allowed though. Nobody's been able to successfully fulfill the requirements otherwise.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

etalian posted:

Trump is effective since he's the honest real Republican Id unleashed without any filtering.

This isn't conservatism! These are not our values!!

But I'll vote for whoever gets nominated because I'm a loving idiot who can't think for myself.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Nessus posted:

What is with that place?

its a land of wind and restless ghosts, op

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

i bet trump always wants to play tt with the random rule what an rear end in a top hat

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

I miss the Trump rallies :(

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
P sure Oklahoma went GOP in every county/district in '12 or '08, maybe both, so he is unlikely to stump them there, if he were to somehow get on the ballot.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

a cop posted:

I miss the Trump rallies :(
Can I ask how come? It sounds like they were all basically the same poo poo with the only excitement being "is this the one where they kill a protester"

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Nessus posted:

Can I ask how come? It sounds like they were all basically the same poo poo with the only excitement being "is this the one where they kill a protester"

Last one i watched a woman in the crowd asked what was going to happen to the worlds women with all these immigrants around. I think that speaks for itself.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Nessus posted:

They were all very different, and exciting.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

a cop posted:

They were all very different, and exciting.
Have you considered using professional wrestling as a substitute?

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Nessus posted:

Have you considered using professional wrestling as a substitute?

All my favorite wrestlers are old and sad now.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

a cop posted:

A short, furtive attempt to recapture half-remembered glory, then oblivion -- it IS just like a Trump rally!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Kasich still toadying to the party establishment, still attacking Trump. Still a failure in denial. But as far as his dumb ads have gone, this one is relatively direct and effective.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMkz-ImFY6o

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

a cop posted:

gtfo if you're not watching the new day

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Nessus posted:

he's a weird trump e-groupie is why

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

It's against Oklahoma state law to list anyone on the Presidential ballot except the Democrat and the Republican, by the way, which is why the Libertarians don't have access there.

:laffo:

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Platystemon posted:

Also not a real one:

Ah, once again reality is not as entertaining as fantasy.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Chris Christie posted:

https://twitter.com/ChrisChristie/status/675460968885977089
In Wolfeboro tonight for our 37th NH town hall. #FITN #Christie2016

:eyepop: chris christie snatching the geriatric vote from jeb's grasping hands! primaries can't get here soon enough, these people might not still be around in feb

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Michael Corleone posted:

P sure Oklahoma went GOP in every county/district in '12 or '08, maybe both, so he is unlikely to stump them there, if he were to somehow get on the ballot.

Oklahoma was one of only two states in 2008 that voted more Republican than they did in 2004, for some odd reason (black President).

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
establishment republicans could match trumps rally numbers if they broadcast live from the terminal care wing of a retirement home. for a few minutes at least

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Today we have a new Rueters national GOP poll, the first national survey after Trump's controversial remarks about Muslims, that shows his definitive fall from grace...

Dec 04, 2015 - Dec 11, 2015 (612 respondents)

Trump 35%
Carson 12%
Rubio 11%
Cruz 10%
Bush 8%
Christie 5%
Fiorina 4%
Huckabee 3%
Santorum 2%
Others w/e

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-exclusive-idUSKBN0TU2ME20151211

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This should be on the top of every page. Remember: everything going on right now is like a dispatch from the alternate reality that Michelle Bachmann lives in. This isn't a general election, its a republican election, and as such it is lovely.

Just about every advantage trump has over this contest is either flipped upside down or negated in a national general, and he's not exactly starting out strong with the rest of us anyway.

You should check out the polls on how Americans in general are responding to the SB terrorism. Hint: they are freaking the gently caress out. If nothing else happens from now till election day Hillary is safe, sure. Except a majority of Americans now expect more terrorist attacks within the next couple months, and if that plays out Trump very much has the advantage going into general.

Like if France can vote for FN what exactly is stopping the US from doing a similar vote? Hillary is no Obama, she can't rely on campaign skills and a weak field keeping evangelicals/ white voters home, this is very much an election that is in play for the right whether it is trump or cruz.

Peachstapler posted:

Today we have a new Rueters national GOP poll, the first national survey after Trump's controversial remarks about Muslims, that shows his definitive fall from grace...

Trump 35%
Carson 12%
Rubio 11%
Cruz 10%
Bush 8%
Christie 5%
Fiorina 4%
Huckabee 3%
Santorum 2%
Others w/e

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-trump-exclusive-idUSKBN0TU2ME20151211

I've been totally calling this since Paris, lol. It's played out pretty much exactly like I said it would.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
New Hampshire poll just came out a few hours ago from Adrian Gray Consulting (???):

Survey dates: 12/6-12/8 (525 respondents)

Trump 19%
Rubio 18%
Cruz 11%
Carson 9%
Bush 8%
Christie 8%
Kasich 6%
Paul 5%
Fiorina 2%
Huckabee 2%
Graham/Pataki/Santorum 1%
Gilmore 0%

I think today's polls are clear. Jeb! is making a comeback.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Peachstapler posted:

Trump 35%
Carson 12%
Rubio 11%
Cruz 10%
Bush 8%
Christie 5%
Fiorina 4%
Huckabee 3%
Santorum 2%
Others w/e

Can some of these clowns just drop out already? Honestly, if I was Reince, I'd start telling these also-rans to get the gently caress out before making any plans for a brokered convention.

Peachstapler posted:

New Hampshire poll just came out a few hours ago from Adrian Gray Consulting (???):

Survey dates: 12/6-12/8 (525 respondents)

Trump 19%
Rubio 18%
Cruz 11%
Carson 9%
Bush 8%
Christie 8%
Kasich 6%
Paul 5%
Fiorina 2%
Huckabee 2%
Graham/Pataki/Santorum 1%
Gilmore 0%

I think today's polls are clear. Jeb! is making a comeback.
Holy poo poo, that might be enough to knock Fiorina back down to the kiddie table.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Mitt Romney posted:

Oklahoma was one of only two states in 2008 that voted more Republican than they did in 2004, for some odd reason (black President).

Considering the difference between 2008 / 2004 was .08% or a whole 400 votes I'm going to go with no on this one. Google: statistical significance.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

4 more days and Donald Trump will be in complete decline, yup, Jeb, good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
The Constitution Party people I know have all "endorsed Ted Cruz." I expect that the party will too.

• Locked thread