Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Pretty sure it's about presents.

This

flosofl posted:

And alcohol fueled office-parties.

And this. So much this.

loving LOL if anyone thinks Felicity is dead. Last season at this time Oliver got stabbed in the chest and dropped off a mountain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Any chance Dahrk's daughter in that scene could be Raven?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

greatn posted:

Any chance Dahrk's daughter in that scene could be Raven?

Maybe, but his wife looks more like Raven.

Also anyone else get a "The Shining" vibe from his daughter? That's probably intentional.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Yeah little dark haired girl with Shining vibes seems a lot like Raven to me.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

yronic heroism posted:

Personally I think a DAahark rendition of Santa Baby was the way to go in that scene. Although technically Santa is a Christmas figure his image is a lot more secular than baby Jesus.

They were just at a lighting ceremony, so I think Ner Li Dakik (I Have a Candle) would work well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XPbf0bMqg4

The downside is not as many commercial versions as Christmas songs. Most goyim don't even know we have ones that don't involve dreidels.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not true, there's like 3 Adam Sandler ones.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Also was that the shittiest lighting ceremony ever or what? God drat, Star City! Get some tax money or something!

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

greatn posted:

Also was that the shittiest lighting ceremony ever or what? God drat, Star City! Get some tax money or something!

All their tax dollars go into funerals for cops and mayors

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

yronic heroism posted:

The little drummer is explicitly a Christmas song... Did they intend that after Felicity made a big deal of Christmas vs holidays?

You're right. Couldn't they have at least performed the song with a klezmer band? To be inclusive.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Just chiming in as a Jew goon to tell you all Felicity's reaction with HOLIDAYS was very accurate and realistic. It's almost exactly like that every single time. Someone says Christmas or whatever and our people can't help ourselves from informing you that Hanukkah exists too. Then the rest of everyone rolls their eyes and sighs before saying "yes.... Holidays".

Mad props to the arrow team for gassing the only Jew and Hitler-Did-Nothing-Wrong on a Christmas episode of all things. Takes balls. Large large balls.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Windows 98 posted:

Mad props to the arrow team for gassing the only Jew and Hitler-Did-Nothing-Wrong on a Christmas episode of all things. Takes balls. Large large balls.
I can't even believe that the CW was okay with it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was Ollie's party and he celebrates Christmas, so it was a Christmas party.

But it was also a public event so it should have been more inclusive. Although he is running unopposed so he doesn't exactly need the Jewish vote.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Why didn't Digg use his natural athleticism to escape?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Xelkelvos posted:

Is there a different holiday song that could double as a foreboding, yet festive march?

Quite a few of them. I mean really, if you can't do something sinister with "Glorious now, behold him arise. King, and God, and Sacrifice." you aren't really trying that hard.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Can someone redub the scene with Christmas in Hollis?

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

greatn posted:

Why didn't Digg use his natural athleticism to escape?

Can we stop with this ?

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Rurea posted:

Can we stop with this ?

Well we know you weren't in the writers room.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Soothing Vapors posted:

I can't even believe that the CW was okay with it

Its not like Darhk is an ambiguous in his intentions or actions. Man is a cackling, monologue-delivering, evil henchman sacrificing bad guy.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rurea posted:

Can we stop with this ?

I certainly hope not

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Rurea posted:

Can we stop with this ?

Why? We need a dead horse to keep beating until the second half.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Warmachine posted:

This

And this. So much this.

loving LOL if anyone thinks Felicity is dead. Last season at this time Oliver got stabbed in the chest and dropped off a mountain.

What if she doesn't like tea?

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Rurea posted:

Can we stop with this ?

Yo Dig, throw that bad brotha strenf on they poo poo dawg

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

hi liter posted:

Its not like Darhk is an ambiguous in his intentions or actions. Man is a cackling, monologue-delivering, evil henchman sacrificing bad guy.

But he's also a family man :shobon:

e: This season is totally going to end with Oliver taking Dahrk's family hostage and using them to torment him while his allies go "The gently caress, dude?!"

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hey guys remember when Guggenheim and Mericle said this was supposed to be a "more light-hearted season" for the show?

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Chokes McGee posted:

But he's also a family man :shobon:

That's actually pretty great. I really couldn't take Dhark seriously until this episode. Godwinning it out then immediately gunning down Ollie and Felicity's car while he goes to hug his daughter all to Christmas carols was legit unsettling.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Scyantific posted:

Hey guys remember when Guggenheim and Mericle said this was supposed to be a "more light-hearted season" for the show?

Hey, there were lots of silly Christmas jokes before the Nazi stuff.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Also, McDonough is naturally blue eyed right?

If so then hahahahaha

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Scyantific posted:

Yes and it is, very much so. That doesn't mean it's smiles and rainbows every minute.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Well Dharhk has been a lot of smiles and laughter.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

M_Gargantua posted:

Well Dharhk has been a lot of smiles and laughter.

The flashbacks are all smiles and laughter for the viewer. Because of how bad they are.

They are completely pointless now and should be dropped. It was bad and super boring last season and it's still more of the same this season.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
yeah but we wouldn't have gotten random shark without the flashbacks, so theyre not all bad

Leelee
Jul 31, 2012

Syntax Error
Please refer to the shark as Damien Shark.

tia.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
It's King Shark before Eobard Thawne did the nasty in the pasty and he got hit by dark matter. They're world building.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Scyantific posted:

Also, McDonough is naturally blue eyed right?

If so then hahahahaha

He also played a Easy Company Lt in Band of Brothers

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Bad Moon posted:

He also played a Easy Company Lt in Band of Brothers

And Dum Dum Dugan. And Lieutenant Hawke in Star Trek: First Contact. Et cetera, et cetera, et cetera.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"
The ancient Egypt scenes from last week strongly reminded me of something, but I couldn't quite remember what it was.

Finally I realized what it reminded me of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LeiFF0gvqcc

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
These flashbacks are a show that I wouldn't watch.

Read
Dec 21, 2010

Accretionist posted:

These flashbacks are a show that I wouldn't watch.

They might work better if they were produced as a comic book or something and released in between episodes as supplementary story, since maybe they could afford to do something more substantial with them then.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Leelee posted:

Please refer to the shark as Damien Shark.

tia.

Shame-ien Shahrk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

Read posted:

They might work better if they were produced as a comic book or something and released in between episodes as supplementary story, since maybe they could afford to do something more substantial with them then.

That's the best idea I've read yet. Heroes (the original) had a good thing going with their expository comic series - at least during the first season, when the show was good.

• Locked thread