Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
rikku was, without facetiousness, love and life for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Andrast posted:

Anima might actually pretty hard to get since Matt didn't get the optional reward from the Besaid temple. The international version/HD version adds hard optional bosses before the temples if you try to go back later.

Ouch. That cuts them off from Auron's side quest and Valefor's second overdrive, too.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Your waifus bad, mai waifus good

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yo Matt, why are studios camping out new ground in Canada? Is there some tech bubble that's the equivalent of SF that's just cheaper there? (Bethesda, Gearbox just put out a notice for new hires in Montreal and Quebec respectively).

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah I noticed that too. Maybe they're taking their chance while the Canadian dollar is super weak to develop stuff cheaper? There's some horror stories of Ubisoft employees basically being sent to some Montreal office to do absolutely nothing for months on end.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tae posted:

Yo Matt, why are studios camping out new ground in Canada? Is there some tech bubble that's the equivalent of SF that's just cheaper there? (Bethesda, Gearbox just put out a notice for new hires in Montreal and Quebec respectively).

Canadian government gives mad tax breaks, yo. I think a couple years ago the Ontario government announced that they would be giving tax incentives to game developers that set up shop, which is why Ubisoft Toronto is a thing. Plus there's a fair number of devs that are native here.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

hubris.height posted:

rikku was, without facetiousness, love and life for me.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I just started watching the latest FFX video. Matt, I don't think you remember who Aerith was. She's a tomboy.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Tae posted:

I just started watching the latest FFX video. Matt, I don't think you remember who Aerith was. She's a tomboy.

Not in every FF7 spinoff she isn't

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

Not in every FF7 spinoff she isn't

She's dead in all of them except Crisis Core, which gets it right.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

She's a flirt, but still a tomboy in Crisis Core. Tifa's the demure one in comparison, but people mix them up because of their outfits.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
in before "aeris was a flower girl, which is japanese slang for prostitute" is posted

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

hoobajoo posted:

Oh god, the waifu wars are back, take shelter.
At least in the case of ffx it's super easy to choose

It's lulu duh

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Aeris grew up on the mean streets of Wall Market, lied, cheated, and stole her way through the plot and one of the first things you see her do is threaten to crush a mans balls with a bo staff.

Aeris/th is hardcore as gently caress.

Captain Invictus posted:

At least in the case of ffx it's super easy to choose

It's lulu duh

It's clearly Dona.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Nintendo is being wacky again

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/new-patent-might-shine-light-on-future-nintendo-ha/1100-5312/

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's clearly Dona.
who the hell is dona

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's clearly Dona.

You know what? You're right. She's the bad summoner Yuna rival.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
It's Jecht, you dumbasses.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dias posted:

It's Jecht, you dumbasses.

Jecht is not a waifu he's a spicy jumbo dad, which is separate but just as good.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Waifus whatever, Auron is the best foxy grandpa though.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Star Wars week shouldn't be a surprise but I'm really ambivalent about the current mania the new movie seems to be building up.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

HGH posted:

Star Wars week shouldn't be a surprise but I'm really ambivalent about the current mania the new movie seems to be building up.

All I can think is "Did you guys even see the pre-trilogy? Why is there this much excitement for new Star Wars."

Like I know it's Disney Star Wars now, but still, I wish I had as much hope for it as a bunch of other people do.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Yardbomb posted:

All I can think is "Did you guys even see the pre-trilogy? Why is there this much excitement for new Star Wars."

Like I know it's Disney Star Wars now, but still, I wish I had as much hope for it as a bunch of other people do.

Because George Lucas isn't the director, and the current director did a good reboot of a defunct sci-fi franchise before. The expectation is also "It's not worse than Jar Jar Binks trilogy."

Real answer, don't ever get outside people influence you unless you specifically ask for it.

edit: Matt listens to Idle Thumbs, confirmed.

Tae fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Dec 11, 2015

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Watching Devil's Third and now I'm looking forward to Matt's full LP of Beachhead
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoxRGgZ74mE

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Was just about to post that same video, used to play that poo poo all the time when LAN parties were a thing and we had to wait for someone to arrive.

EDIT: The game wants us to see Ivan as such a badass and cool but it's taking itself so seriously with these military setpieces that I feel you could replace him with some random marine with superpowers and nothing would change. He's such a nonentity minus that first scene with the drumming. That last cutscene plotdump was so boring it kinda pained me to see Matt and Liam struggle for material there.
I knew the game part was gonna be really janky but I hoped the story would at least be really stupid, like some sorta B-movie.

HGH fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 12, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Man, PauletteSwappedNinja mentioned it very early on, but I could not expect those arms during the driving sequence, dear lord. Episode 9 was pretty fun

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I know the Yakuza playthrough isn't the most beloved one but I'm rewatching it while on a Yakuza hype train, and it genuinely has some of my favorite moments. Even beyond Super Chunk stuff like them trying to explain the recap as it happened was gold.

"And this guy is a weird guy who just watches everyone through cameras"

"Well, someone should"

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Pat is crazy greedy about those charged hits in Bloodborne. He'd beat every boss in half as many attempts if he just took what was there with normal hits rather than charging for 3 seconds and then eating poo poo every single time.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I'm the guy who super enjoyed J.J. Abrams' take on Star Trek and I'm super excited for The Force Awakens. Really just excited to see new Star Wars content with a new direction behind it.

Also loving the intro to Star Wars Week.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Bleetzball. :allears:

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

jesus christ toshinden, I have no idea how I at some point thought this series wasn't garbage

50:19 has straight up monkey ballsack

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I'm the guy who super enjoyed J.J. Abrams' take on Star Trek and I'm super excited for The Force Awakens. Really just excited to see new Star Wars content with a new direction behind it.

Also loving the intro to Star Wars Week.

I'm not a Star Trek fan and didn't see his second movie, but what was the criticism for his take on the franchise? I thought it was a really fun movie. Not a Star Wars fan, seen them all but prepared for him to make another Fun Movie

Human
Jun 9, 2004

REAL HUMAN. SAFE TO APPROACH.

goldblums eyes posted:

I'm not a Star Trek fan and didn't see his second movie, but what was the criticism for his take on the franchise? I thought it was a really fun movie. Not a Star Wars fan, seen them all but prepared for him to make another Fun Movie

I actually liked them just fine. The biggest criticism I've seen is that they're not very Star Trek. The movies are big, giant action spectacles and Star Trek as a series has mostly been about politics and thoughtful allegories. Which is a pretty fair thing to be upset about if you're a fan.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

goldblums eyes posted:

They're very much action movies which is not really what Star Trek is but also like every Star Trek movie is an action movie since the one time they tried to do a Star Trek episode at movie length it was awful and almost killed the franchise, so whatever

The problem with those movies are Kurtzman and Orci's terrible writing which isn't a problem Force Awakens will have

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
his Star Trek movies more closely resembled Star Wars

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

goldblums eyes posted:

I'm not a Star Trek fan and didn't see his second movie, but what was the criticism for his take on the franchise?

Lens flare.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02LgdXVkXgM

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

He's pretty much dropped that though.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Oh man, Jecht is my favorite Final Fantasy character, getting into the dreamscape to steal Titus' possible love interests and call him a crybaby, this is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesothelioma
Jan 6, 2009

Your favorite mineral related cancer!

I really hope it's a just a wacky idea that nintendo; thinking of playing a generation of games with touch screen buttons makes me want to gag