Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Danger Mahoney posted:

Terrible alcohol, eh?

Also, Clearly Canadian was the nineties drink where I come from.

Combining stuff from Calgary and bad shots:

There's a shot called Dirty Hooker or Sad Hooker or some poo poo, and it's (IIRC) tequilla and Bailey's and parmesan. I watched one of my friends drink it. They serve it at the Hop In Brew if you're interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Efexeye posted:

looks like a cement mixer to me but those are supposed to be shots

Cement mixer you say? Nah, they look like something out a alien's cloaca

cash crab posted:

There's a shot called Dirty Hooker or Sad Hooker or some poo poo, and it's (IIRC) tequilla and Bailey's and parmesan. I watched one of my friends drink it. They serve it at the Hop In Brew if you're interested.

Was it called a Dirty Panties?

Danger Mahoney has a new favorite as of 04:23 on Dec 12, 2015

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

cash crab posted:

:( You could have gotten 50 tacos for $100

This will be adequate sustenance for the Dr. Who marathon.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Danger Mahoney posted:

That's what I know it as. Never had one. Never plan to.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Danger Mahoney posted:

[taps nose]

[barfs]

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

The first time I ever curdled a shot it was Barenjager (which is like vodka and honey?) and cream. Holy god that was a bad idea. I was young and did not realize alcohol would make creamy stuff curdle.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I have had friends who didnt want to chug carbombs...love their faces when they were chewing on curds

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

cash crab you neglected to mention what your friend's reaction to it was! You've told the story minus funniest part of it!

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

I always wondered why people in the past were all so thrilled about the idea that in the future we would replace food with a pill. I no longer wonder.

https://twitter.com/70s_party

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

cash crab you neglected to mention what your friend's reaction to it was! You've told the story minus funniest part of it!

Oh, sorry. He swallowed it and raised his fists in the air in triumph, and then barfed onto someone's purse.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

Oh, sorry. He swallowed it and raised his fists in the air in triumph, and then barfed onto someone's purse.

Please tell us more stories

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Please tell us more stories

:smith: I can't tell if you're being ironic right now or not.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Humboldt Squid posted:

I'm Venezuelan and i love malta! Theres other brands like Pony that are milder tasting if Goya is too strong.
But yeah my (anglo) wife thinks Im crazy for liking it.

I love having a good international aisle in a really podunk town. Nobody buys the stuff, so I can load up on cheap maseca, beans, chilies, corn husks, etc.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

cash crab posted:

:smith: I can't tell if you're being ironic right now or not.

If I had remembered :dance: I would've added that to the other post. I wanted a good smilie that showed excitement but didn't look sarcastic like :allears:

Please tell us more stories, the chocolate covered gummy bear brick one was a riot.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Admiral Bosch posted:

If me and my friends felt like fighting or wrestling, this is what we would drink.

We also did a hobo wine night just so we could never do it again. Holy hell. MD, Night Train, Wild Irish Rose, and Thunderbird. Worst hangover of my life.

Lol at everyone not cool enough to mma fight their friends regularly on dirt cheap alcohol

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

Nah, it's better this way.

Hearing this in the Duke Nukem Forever voice

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

I always wondered why people in the past were all so thrilled about the idea that in the future we would replace food with a pill. I no longer wonder.

https://twitter.com/70s_party

I think being served meat flukes on greens would keep me from swallowing anything ever again

Phosphine
May 30, 2011

WHY, JUDY?! WHY?!
🤰🐰🆚🥪🦊
On the subject of delightful drinks, in Swedish student circles there's one called "An Sewage Pipe" (Swedish "En Avloppsrör", "an"-misuse is intentional)

This is what it looks like:

Baileys and blue curacao, then fill up with coke.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Danger Mahoney posted:

Speaking of funny named food I had the most amazing cheese a few months ago called Nana's Undies. It was AMAZINGLY good.

Aged cheddar with a crust of lavender and something else.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Gridlocked posted:

Speaking of funny named food I had the most amazing cheese a few months ago called Nana's Undies. It was AMAZINGLY good.

Aged cheddar with a crust of lavender and something else.

Why would you name, order, or eat a cheese named that

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

the flavored fortified wine Night Train

"My head hurts... that Night Train's a mean wine" Jake - The Blues Brothers

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style

"No-Bake Rice Krispies Pumpkin Cheesecake"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

diabeetz posted:

I was curious about how you don't bake a cheese cake, but now I'm more interested in why that gagging cat's claws are painted and visible despite being retracted

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Those are little plastic nubs you can put on your cat's claws to prevent them from scratching up the furniture (total waste of time btw, just trim them).

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

exquisite tea posted:

Those are little plastic nubs you can put on your cat's claws to prevent them from scratching up the furniture (total waste of time btw, just trim them).

Im having a hard time imagining a cat putting up with either of those things

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Slate posted:

There are a number of recipes requiring either instant pudding and onion soup mix. A recipe for pork tenderloin requires an entire block of cream cheese, and so does a recipe for something called "Easy Oreo Truffles." (I counted six recipes requiring a block of cream cheese.) There’s cheese soup made from a box of Velveeta, and a recipe for “Spicy Crackers,” which consists of little more than saltines soaked in ranch dressing. There's "Monica's Reuben Dip," which is cream cheese, Swiss cheese, Thousand Island dressing, sauerkraut, and corned beef all baked together into one grand artery-clogging orgy.
Mm-mm.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I thought the free market was supposed to drive innovation. Soaking saltines in ranch and calling them spicy isn't innovative it's just gross and crazy :argh:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Aesop Poprock posted:

I thought the free market was supposed to drive innovation. Soaking saltines in ranch and calling them spicy isn't innovative it's just gross and crazy :argh:

But what if you use Zesty(TM) Ranch?

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

diabeetz posted:

I have not laughed out loud that hard in a while, thanks.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Aesop Poprock posted:

How we know none of the Doctors Paul are cardiologists. :sigh:

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Phosphine posted:

On the subject of delightful drinks, in Swedish student circles there's one called "An Sewage Pipe" (Swedish "En Avloppsrör", "an"-misuse is intentional)

This is what it looks like:

Baileys and blue curacao, then fill up with coke.

EWWW. Jesus.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Mine doesn't care too much. I don't give a poo poo if she scratches furniture but she sucks at maintaining her own claws so I see her biting on them so snip snip and she seems to enjoy it for some weird reason.

Anyways, I went googling "raw vegan" because sometimes the food looks like this;

And that makes me laugh, but I think it's interesting that a lot of weight loss pictures come up. I wonder if some of these people are aware that you lose weight on ANY diet because you have to think about what you're eating and naturally eat less. Raw veganism just seems like so much work.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Raw Veganism. Because let`s base our diet on what no human actually did when there was no famine.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Aesop Poprock posted:

They don't. My kitten (he's a stray picked up off the side of the road at an estimated 1 month old, so he's probably about 6 months now) really hates having his claws trimmed and will fight (pun intended) tooth and nail to get away, and he similarly fought against being capped and quickly pulled the caps off. So we've just gotten him a cat tree with built-in scratching posts and he loves the drat thing. He can easily spend a good 3 or 4 hours a day or more just sitting in the box at the top of his tree, alternating between napping and looking out the window.

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

The raw food movement is really obnoxious because we cook food for a reason. Cooking acts as a way of pre-digesting our food and allows us to absorb nutrients we otherwise would need second stomaches and the like to get at. Its even been hypothesized that cooking is a big part of how humans could evolve in the first place.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12 posted:

They don't. My kitten (he's a stray picked up off the side of the road at an estimated 1 month old, so he's probably about 6 months now) really hates having his claws trimmed and will fight (pun intended) tooth and nail to get away, and he similarly fought against being capped and quickly pulled the caps off. So we've just gotten him a cat tree with built-in scratching posts and he loves the drat thing. He can easily spend a good 3 or 4 hours a day or more just sitting in the box at the top of his tree, alternating between napping and looking out the window.

I believed this story until you claimed a cat used something you bought for it

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Aesop Poprock posted:

I believed this story until you claimed a cat used something you bought for it

I bought a scratch pad for mine, he just tears up the carpet next to it instead and sits in boxes/bags instead of poo poo I bought for him. I think chitoryu's cat is broken.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Humboldt Squid posted:

The raw food movement is really obnoxious because we cook food for a reason. Cooking acts as a way of pre-digesting our food and allows us to absorb nutrients we otherwise would need second stomaches and the like to get at. Its even been hypothesized that cooking is a big part of how humans could evolve in the first place.

What's great about this is that animals also prefer cooked food over raw if presented with the options. There have been studies done where cats, dogs, rats, and apes of all sorts all chose cooked foods for the same reason humans do: it tastes better and it's more filling calorie wise.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Humboldt Squid posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VJjz5p1gUKM
Skip to 7 minutes in if you want to watch a group of people trying to live on an Australopithecus diet. It takes them a ridiculously long time, about 6 hours of just eating each day to get their calories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Humboldt Squid posted:

There's a book called Catching Fire: How Cooking Made Us Human that has the same thesis. Pretty good book.

• Locked thread