Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
"If you are a racist or a nazi, please leave now"

*Everyone leaves*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
"There is something funny about guys wanting to celebrate wog bashing having a party where they have spinning meat on a stick"

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Recoome posted:

NSW, QLD, and WA confirmed as the Axis of Evil

There are racist hicks everywhere but to be honest I wonder if the North-East (QLD/NSW) didn't exist or was a separate country if half of Australia's bad post-1996 policies would have happened. The pacific solution, stop the boats, Pauline Hanson, Clive Palmer, Howard refusing to apologise for the stolen generations, Labor Right, etc can all pretty much be blamed on the North-Eastern mentality. Hell, I saw a survey recently that said that Muslims in Sydney experienced racism at 3 times the national average.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Vladimir Poutine posted:

There are racist hicks everywhere but to be honest I wonder if the North-East (QLD/NSW) didn't exist or was a separate country if half of Australia's bad post-1996 policies would have happened. The pacific solution, stop the boats, Pauline Hanson, Clive Palmer, Howard refusing to apologise for the stolen generations, Labor Right, etc can all pretty much be blamed on the North-Eastern mentality. Hell, I saw a survey recently that said that Muslims in Sydney experienced racism at 3 times the national average.

Please don't discount how much racism there is in Western Sydney and how much pandering both parties do because there are a lot of swinging electorates.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Halal Free BBQ. Irresponsible for them not to have drinking water at a BBQ, hope they don't get heatstroke from only drinking alcohol/pork blood.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Zenithe posted:

Halal Free BBQ. Irresponsible for them not to have drinking water at a BBQ, hope they don't get heatstroke from only drinking alcohol/pork blood.

Don't worry, they're not eating the pork either. That poo poo takes a good 8 hours to cook and no one will stick around that long.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Gonna be a lot of cranky racists in about 4 hours.

Edit: actually should roll up in a halal food van and test the strength of their conviction. Racist money spends exactly the same

Schneider Inside Her fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Dec 12, 2015

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Birb Katter posted:

Please don't discount how much racism there is in Western Sydney and how much pandering both parties do because there are a lot of swinging electorates.

I think western Sydney is technically in New South Wales so the point stands.

SA, Vic and Tasmania should secede, we'll take the ACT too in a West Berlin corridor type situation

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

Birb Katter posted:

Don't worry, they're not eating the pork either. That poo poo takes a good 8 hours to cook and no one will stick around that long.

That's why when they eat it in 2 hours, we all pray for trichinosis.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

#theiyreABCOMMUNISTS posted:

Police converge on Cronulla as anti-Islam group holds 'halal-free' memorial barbecue

Police, protesters and media have converged on the Sydney suburb of Cronulla on the 10th anniversary of violent race riots, as a group of self-described patriots attend a "halal-free" barbecue.

More than a hundred officers are in the area, many on horseback, after the NSW Supreme Court and the Federal Court in Sydney both made rulings to prevent a rally commemorating the riots being held.

Counter-protesters have also taken to the streets.

One man from groups of anti-racism protesters holding banners including "Anti Fascist Action Sydney" and "Cronulla Welcomes Muslims" has been arrested.

Party for Freedom chairman Nicholas Folkes was ordered not to hold a "memorial" rally on the grounds that it would stir up racial hatred.

He branded the decisions "sharia" law before pledging to hold the "halal-free" barbecue.

Today, about 50 supporters of a self-described patriots organisation gathered near the suburb's sand dunes for the meal, which included a pig on a spit-roast.

Speaking at the barbecue, Mr Folkes criticised the court's decision.

"When you do speak up today, and you're a patriot and you love your country, the political establishment and those useful idiots on the left think there's something wrong," he said.

"It's not just people here, there's millions of Australians that feel the same."

Earlier in the day, Folkes appeared on commercial television to show his car tyres, which he said had been slashed the night before.

On December 11 2005, racial tensions in the area exploded when Middle Easterners and other people of non-Anglo appearance were set upon by crowds of white Australians, many of whom had been drinking heavily.

The weekend of violence followed weeks of simmering racial tensions in the beachside suburb between locals and visiting groups of youths.

The bloody weekend shocked Australians of all backgrounds, leading to years of soul-searching and community programs aimed at mending bridges between Sydney's communities.

Pred1ct
Feb 20, 2004
Burninating

Birb Katter posted:

Today, about 50 supporters of a self-described patriots organisation gathered near the suburb's sand dunes for the meal, which included a pig on a spit-roast.

Speaking at the barbecue, Mr Folkes criticised the court's decision.

"When you do speak up today, and you're a patriot and you love your country, the political establishment and those useful idiots on the left think there's something wrong," he said.

"It's not just people here, there's millions of Australians that feel the same."

Riiiiight.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
~The Silent Majority~

also theyre invisible

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Also imaginary

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

QUACKTASTIC posted:

~The Silent Majority~

also theyre invisible

tasteless too, sadly not odourless.

Cpt Soban
Jul 23, 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Australia

quote:

Religion in Australia is diverse. The Constitution of Australia of 1901 prohibits the Commonwealth government from establishing a church or interfering with the freedom of religion;[note 1] however, the Australian population is predominantly Christian. In an optional question on the 2011 Census, 61.1% of the Australian population declared some variety of Christianity. Historically the percentage has been far higher and the religious landscape of Australia is changing and diversifying.[1] Also in 2011, 22.3% of Australians stated "no religion" and a further 9.4% chose not to answer the question.[1] The remaining population is a diverse group which includes Buddhists (2.5%), Muslims (2.2%), Hindus(1.3%) and Jews (0.5%).

Oh no, 2% of the population is Muslim! That means we'll have Sharia law soon! /s

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
Has anyone pointed out to Gaynor that he looks quite a bit like Assad?

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Successful reclaim rally at Cronulla by the looks of it

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
lmao Channel 7 literally just described it as

"What was supposed to be a peaceful anti-muslim Barbecue got interrupted by anti-fascist protesters. With one man getting his tyres slashed"

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Anidav posted:

lmao Channel 7 literally just described it as

"What was supposed to be a peaceful anti-muslim Barbecue got interrupted by anti-fascist protesters. With one man getting his tyres slashed"

Christ, is that report online?

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
I'd be negative about it too if they only got one car

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
What do you want to bet that Folkes slashed his own tires?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

EXAKT Science posted:

What do you want to bet that Folkes slashed his own tires?

Not sure the guy who had his tyres slashed is allowed to have knifes. It's that guy with the bow tie I posted the other day.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
:qq: Why won't these leftists stop interrupting our peaceful anti-muslim hate rallies?!:qq:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birb Katter posted:

Not sure the guy who had his tyres slashed is allowed to have knifes. It's that guy with the bow tie I posted the other day.

What an insufferable cockhead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyqSbtAFvcQ

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Birb Katter posted:

"Hey Damo, while everyone's lookin' at the Barbie take your knife over and slash my tires, we'll get the tv camera over and blame it on the fuckin mussy refos."

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GZS5Z2Ipt8

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Haha, on his Facebook, he's billing this thing as "THE WORLD'S BIGGEST HALAL FREE BBQ"
http://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2015/dec/12/nick-folkes-barbecue-party-turns-cold-on-10th-anniversary-of-cronulla-riots

quote:

Nick Folkes’ 15 minutes of fame ended on Saturday, with just 40 supporters gathered around a small barbecue at the far edge of Cronulla.

Nobody could see them. Nobody could hear them. Police outnumbered them 10 to one. Journalists just about matched them, with more than 20 reporters and cameramen at the scene. The leader of the so-called Party for Freedom drew a tiny crowd after an enormous effort from New South Wales police and the local council to prevent his 10-year anniversary memorial rally for the Cronulla riots from taking place.

Also, what's this I see:

Looks an awful lot like water.

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Dec 12, 2015

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

EXAKT Science posted:

Haha, on his Facebook, he's billing this thing as "THE WORLD'S BIGGEST HALAL FREE BBQ"

Also, what's this I see:

Haha, I'm from around Cronulla and these guys are loving nowhere. It would be a massive challenge to get somewhere further from anything of consequence than they've managed. Some of the most patrolled beaches in the country and they're hosed if they get in trouble going for a swim.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Senor Tron posted:

I dunno if they upload the 6pm news anywhere

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

EXAKT Science posted:

I don't think you will get any comment from them in relation to on-water matters.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

lol drives a Commodore ute of course

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

EXAKT Science posted:

Yes, a lot of HALAL water!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Birb Katter posted:

Haha, I'm from around Cronulla

goondolences

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009

Senor Tron posted:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/cronulla-riots-rally-outnumbered-on-anniversary-20151212-glm0ac.html

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/trave...e1bf-1449918255

quote:

Backpacker barred from renting room by landlord who brands Aussies ‘drunk and racist’

AN AUSTRALIAN woman was shocked when told she couldn’t rent a flat in Edinburgh because people from Down Under were “drunks and racists”.

Laura Gratton, 24, had recently moved to Scotland and applied to an ad for a $800-a-month room in the city centre.

But she was horrified when the landlord instantly rejected her request, branding Australia the most “racist nation” in the world.

The message read: “It is well known in Europe that Australians are racist. In fact around the world your people are famous for this.

“Just as France is famous for wine and cheese. Australia is famous for its drunks and racists. I’m sorry I need to reject this request.”

The Melbourne backpacker protested, pointing out that the landlord’s statement was actually racist.

She wrote: “You obviously are quite racist putting such labels and speculations on a whole race without knowing the individual.

“The majority of my closest friends are from across the globe so would hate to think I’m racist.

“So thank you for rejecting this email, I don’t think we would get along at all. And I suggest you actually visit Australia and realise how multicultural we are.”

The landlord sent her a link to a news item about racism in Australia.

He wrote: “Hi, I’m not judging a whole race. I don’t want to take the risk.

“It is fact Australia is the most racist nation, your people are so open about it as well.

“This is what you Australians are known for in Europe. I think we would still get along by the way.

“Anyway, good luck.”

Miss Gratton said afterwards: “When I first received the response I thought it was just a joke but then I realised that he was being serious.

“’I was angry and frustrated that someone could think like this and say it to me just because of where I was from.

“Australia is a multicultural and very accepting country.

“There are race issues like any other country — but the actions of a few shouldn’t be used to judge anyone from that country.

“This was my first encounter of such strong negative and offensive stereotyping on my travels.

“I have heard the odd joke about drinking to do with Australians or Irish people but it has only ever been jokes among friends, never anything intended to hurt like this.”

A spokesman for spareroom.co.uk, who advertised the room, said: “If we’d spotted anything like this in someone’s ad we’d have removed it instantly.

“Dismissing a whole nation as racist is, frankly, ridiculous.

“There are clear laws about discrimination when it comes to renting rooms but it’s not just about what is and isn’t legal — it’s about treating people as you’d want them to treat you.”

TheIllestVillain
Dec 27, 2011

Sal, Wyoming's not a country
It is well known in Europe that Australians are racist

*firebombs refugee housing complex*

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

They're obviously not saying all australians are racist but clearly there's something about australia that facilitates the creation of racist drunks and we need to have a grown up conversation about why that is and why moderate australians don't speak out against it more

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

serves us right

we are absolutely poo poo, our country sucks and most of the people in it suck

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

gently caress this poo poo

'won't someone think of the poor harassed nazis :qq:'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth