Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm not sure what you'd put ahead of it for best TV/miniseries, but I'm sure they'll find something. Maybe Game of Thrones, if that's in the same category? This sucker deserves at least a Golden Globe though, if not an Emmy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Game of Thrones is definitely not in the miniseries category. I think whoever wrote out the nominations meant to include the word "Movie" as in "Best TV Movie/Miniseries"

All I know is it's not going to be True Detective.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Henchman of Santa posted:

Game of Thrones is definitely not in the miniseries category. I think whoever wrote out the nominations meant to include the word "Movie" as in "Best TV Movie/Miniseries"

All I know is it's not going to be True Detective.

Oh then hell yeah, if it's just TV movie/miniseries you gotta give it to Fargo. It better not be another one of those super niche TV movies that I've never heard of again :argh:!

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Doltos posted:

I'd say Bokeem Woodbine first with maybe Milioti behind him. Woodbine's character really stands out to me. I love what Milioti, Danson, Plemons, Jeffrey Donovan, and Angus Sampson are doing but their characters all seem to make up an amalgam of a great performance while Woodbine, Wilson, and Dunst really tie it up. They all stand out to me as the lead dogs in the three story arcs of cops, crime families, and Ed/Peggy.
If nothing else, it was hilarious how Donovan played a more-or-less regular hardass character for seven episodes, and then pulled the hurt puppy look out of nowhere in episode 8.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Patrick Wilson deserves it because he's been one of the best actors the past 3 years and I'm so happy that the random guy I loved watching in The Watchmen turned into a star.

And all respect to Dunst. This isn't the same girl from Spiderman. Holy cow is she fantastic at playing the complete psycho.

"What the gently caress are you talking about lady" still has me laughing to this day. The main muscle for this mob family is terrified saying keep that bitch away from me about a 5'0 100 lb hairdresser haha

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I love that Peggy was introduced carrying a dying man home with her, his head stuck through the windshield of her car, and she just goes about her business like nothing happened. And you wonder, "what's her deal, why on earth would she do that?". And then the show goes on, and by the end you get it.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

King Vidiot posted:

I love that Peggy was introduced carrying a dying man home with her, his head stuck through the windshield of her car, and she just goes about her business like nothing happened. And you wonder, "what's her deal, why on earth would she do that?". And then the show goes on, and by the end you get it.

Someone in a nearby town here did the same thing, except she didn't even hide the car and it was sitting in her driveway with the dead guy embedded in the windshield for 3 days before someone decided to report it.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

OK so what was with the room full of alien (or Native American?) symbols that Betsy discovered a few episodes ago? Whose room was that?

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

El Jeffe posted:

OK so what was with the room full of alien (or Native American?) symbols that Betsy discovered a few episodes ago? Whose room was that?
That was Ted Danson's, and it's unexplained so far.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Also the bar Hanzee went postal in has the same symbols above the booze behind the bar.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

That was Ted Danson's, and it's unexplained so far.

Thanks.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

i really liked the level of absurdity they cranked it up to this episode. hey let's introduce a hokey frame narrator and a literal bible of the expanded fargo universe, and have a giant no-doubts-about-it UFO show up at one of the most climactic moments of the season. to me it was kind of a "yeah, this is what this show is, if you don't like it get out" and i think it's super funny that they did it that explicitly

about the convenience store items, the leinenkugel beer displayed is a year-round variety, and the old dutch packages aren't "old school" as these are the current design (ask me about beer and junkfood :goonsay;). and as a fun fact old dutch is actually based in minnesota, even though they are often considered more "canadian". i don't know if you can get these two brands in south dakota but it wouldn't surprise me

My Lovely Horse posted:

a black man making a deal at the crossroads? Milligan better watch his rear end.

oh nice, i didn't catch that reference. and O Brother is probably the coen movie i've watched the most :sweatdrop:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

TheBizzness posted:

Also the bar Hanzee went postal in has the same symbols above the booze behind the bar.

Wasn't there also some in the phone booth written on the glass, along with some fill in the blanks lines like someone was trying to translate it?

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

the phone booth at the gas station had a game of Hangman going that someone was playing by scraping their car keys on the booth glass. the answer to that one looked like it was just "Sioux Falls" though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Patrick Wilson deserves it because he's been one of the best actors the past 3 years and I'm so happy that the random guy I loved watching in The Watchmen turned into a star.

And all respect to Dunst. This isn't the same girl from Spiderman. Holy cow is she fantastic at playing the complete psycho.

"What the gently caress are you talking about lady" still has me laughing to this day. The main muscle for this mob family is terrified saying keep that bitch away from me about a 5'0 100 lb hairdresser haha
She's 5'7 and like 135 in Fargo man.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

TheBizzness posted:

They were? I figured they were just cattle brands.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'm not so sure they were really the same, but they were similar enough to make me sit up and take notice. Might have been just the general theme of "black symbols on the wall" but there's no way it was coincidence.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

My Lovely Horse posted:

I'm not so sure they were really the same, but they were similar enough to make me sit up and take notice. Might have been just the general theme of "black symbols on the wall" but there's no way it was coincidence.

I read an article that every set in Fargo is put together with a very deliberate purpose. Nothing is just there. If it looks like it might have meaning, it does.

poo poo. I've got to go back and watch all the episodes again. I'm missing too many details. I freeze framed the scene where Mike is leaving the Sioux Falls massacre as the camera pans up in hopes of seeing something in the open door of Hank's hotel room. But nope, nothing. I still think he's an alien though.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Krispy Kareem posted:

poo poo. I've got to go back and watch all the episodes again. I'm missing too many details. I freeze framed the scene where Mike is leaving the Sioux Falls massacre as the camera pans up in hopes of seeing something in the open door of Hank's hotel room. But nope, nothing. I still think he's an alien though.

The camera pans up to the skies where the UFO can be seen in the bottom right of the frame, zooming off. It conveys that the aliens are there, but not the focus.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Krispy Kareem posted:

I read an article that every set in Fargo is put together with a very deliberate purpose. Nothing is just there. If it looks like it might have meaning, it does.

I personally don't think he IS an alien buy I think he's interacted with them somehow, to what extent I don't know. I think that's why his hair is so ridiculously white.

Have to admit when I saw that Danson was going to be in this season I thought about not even watching. I've had a strong dislike for him all the way back to Cheers. God drat he is excellent in this role though.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Have to admit when I saw that Danson was going to be in this season I thought about not even watching. I've had a strong dislike for him all the way back to Cheers. God drat he is excellent in this role though.

Yeah I haven't really liked him since cheers but he's done a great job in this.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

I personally don't think he IS an alien buy I think he's interacted with them somehow, to what extent I don't know. I think that's why his hair is so ridiculously white.

Watch Bored to Death

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Reviewing things in my head on the stretch to the last episode, and I have to say: if there's one person I wouldn't have expected to be as well realized as he turned out, and to be the last bad guy standing who everyone's after now, it's the guy who started out as "the rear end in a top hat Gerhardt brother's Native henchman."

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Josh Lyman posted:

Who.cares.

speshl guy
Dec 11, 2012

Josh Lyman posted:

This is what I'm going to be repeating to myself later while I'm fantasizing about getting stabbed.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Who.cares.
For one, Ronda Rousey is 5'7 and 135, as is the girl who beat her.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

The Duke posted:

Watch Bored to Death

Danson was brilliant in that.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Krispy Kareem posted:

poo poo. I've got to go back and watch all the episodes again.
Really wanted to mainline all of this season before the finale drops but I'm running out of time. :(

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I don't understand why anyone would dislike Ted Danson, unless they were just upset that they weren't getting a Ted Danson deal with NBC or riding on the Ted Danson plane.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I really like Ted Danson in this series even though he can't be more than 6' 190 lbs

Howling Man
Mar 29, 2014
None of my friends watch Fargo so I have just been spouting Hanzee lines at 'em and bein' real quiet like.

Daughter
Jul 23, 2007

Ehud posted:

getting a Ted Danson deal with NBC or riding on the Ted Danson plane.

I see you.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Doltos posted:

I really like Ted Danson in this series even though he can't be more than 6' 190 lbs

I'm sorry. I can't live knowing that Ted Danson makes that much more than me. Who's he?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Hanzee might be an alien, might not. I think Peggy is an alien though. And the Native Americans (aliens or not) have been battling them for hundreds of years. Once Hanzee saw Peggy for what she is he had to take her out.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm sorry. I can't live knowing that Ted Danson makes that much more than me. Who's he?

You're not Ted Danson...

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Ehud posted:

You're not Ted Danson...

I'm better than him!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I'm better than him!

You're worse.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Ehud posted:

You're worse.

Here's to feeling good all the time.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think the only negative for the finale, and this applies to the season as a whole I guess, is that Patrick Wilson has impenetrable plot armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

But his wife has the opposite. :(

Plus he might still get shot in the leg at an inopportune moment.

• Locked thread