Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.
Looks like Todd might appreciate a Tweet from the goons with the backups:

https://twitter.com/ShadowTodd/status/675115305178411009

quote:

I thought I had all of my videos backed up but it turns out I'm missing quite a few from my computer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

OldMemes posted:

I think the reason Rolfe stays relevant is because he stays out of drama, he knows how to be professional and present himself and his brand to the public. He cares about what he does, and the fans, and he knows what to keep private, and that makes him more likable, imo.

The other thing is that James knows how to change things up. Original nerd is a hell of a lot different to current nerd, Board James feels different to the Nerd and James himself is different to both of them. It helps avoid the "himself turned up to 11" problem that you get with some dudes since he carries himself so differently in his videos.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Took less than 2 hours for a video from Todd labeled "1987" to get a copyright strike.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Mischalaniouse posted:

Took less than 2 hours for a video from Todd labeled "1987" to get a copyright strike.

Youtube seems to be pretty much conspiring against Todd. At least Vimeo doesn't seem to be taking down his videos but Vimeo is hardly sustainable.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Testekill posted:

Youtube seems to be pretty much conspiring against Todd. At least Vimeo doesn't seem to be taking down his videos but Vimeo is hardly sustainable.

I dunno. Vimeo + 1.6k per video seems sustainable. (Adjusted for ACTUAL income per video after taxes, monthly caps, fees, etc, of course).

I know people shouldn't put all their income in one egg barrel of monkies, but at some point crowd-funding will be enough to tell YouTube and their ads to go fudge themselves.

Mr.Radar
Nov 5, 2005

You guys aren't going to believe this, but that guy is our games teacher.

DoctorWhat posted:

Does anyone remember that archive of Blip/Critic's videos that was supposed to be A Thing?

Mraagvpeine posted:

I believe the Internet Archive managed to save them. I don't know if they managed to organize them all yet.

This is correct. They are on the Internet Archive though unfortunately not in a very accessible form (at least not for now). The raw web scrapes (in Web Archive (WARC) format), amalgamated into 25GB chunks, can be found in the Archiveteam Blip collection. Unfortunately if you're looking for a specific video you would have to find the chunk it's in and the byte range within the chunk you would need to download which would require a bit of programming (or a lot of patience). The data is there though, which is a fair bit better than it disappearing altogether.

lornekates posted:

Looks like Todd might appreciate a Tweet from the goons with the backups:

https://twitter.com/ShadowTodd/status/675115305178411009

Thanks for pointing that out! I tweeted him with my contact info.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Hbomberguy does another of his funny videos with guest star Davis Aruni.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vYQo6LI3Y7c

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

MonsieurChoc posted:

I missed you, Hbomb. Please reupload the Two Worlds LP.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I could not stop watching that Golden One guy continuously flex his pecs while he complained about homosexuals.

Also good to know you were able to up your popcorn budget.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I decided to watch Doug's Disneycember for this year since the movies being featured are the MCU and Star Wars movies. Let me just say that it irritates me to hear Doug call a few of the MCU movies "filler".

Mraagvpeine fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Dec 11, 2015

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

Oh poo poo, that last YouTube comment he shows is by the same winner who left this comment on one of my videos:

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

DStecks posted:

Oh poo poo, that last YouTube comment he shows is by the same winner who left this comment on one of my videos:

Yeah, I recognise that guy from a few vids too, one of those guys whom crops up a lot in comment feeds.

P.S.
Is the Gurren Lagan plug at the end based on anything you said, or is it just a random throwaway line?

CynCyanide
Mar 21, 2005

dance, water, dance!

Baka-nin posted:

Is the Gurren Lagan plug at the end based on anything you said, or is it just a random throwaway line?

I only glanced at the screen shot, so at first I assumed he was plugging Gurren Lagan is amazing(?) because it supports MRAs. That'd be a weird anime (is it an anime?) but I could see something like that existing. MRA anime comment guy is that nerd who corners you at a party and will not shut up and no one knows who invited him.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Baka-nin posted:

It is based on something I said, but it's funnier to pretend that it isn't :v:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Beefstew posted:

I missed you, Hbomb. Please reupload the Two Worlds LP.
It's funny, I like his videos, but put him on ignore here mainly because of the Comic Book movies thread, he's not as bad as SMG, but still.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

achillesforever6 posted:

It's funny, I like his videos, but put him on ignore here mainly because of the Comic Book movies thread, he's not as bad as SMG, but still.

that whole thread is bad, one of the worst on the forum, up there with the D&D gamergate thread and the xbox one shark tank.

the best thread on this forum is the miiverus thread in games.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Mraagvpeine posted:

I decided to watch Doug's Disneycember for this year since the movies being featured are the MCU and Star Wars movies. Let me just say that it irritates me to hear Doug call a few of the MCU movies "filler".

I thought Doug said he would never touch the Star Wars movies because "it's been done". Though that was before Demo Reel crashed and he fell back into the Critic role again.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

DStecks posted:

It is based on something I said, but it's funnier to pretend that it isn't :v:

My interpretation was that Gurren Lagann is the most testosterone-fueled thing ever made, like, ever, so he champions it as being the Men's Rights Manifesto. You know, as opposed to just being a fun goofy and cool anime that aims to be fun and cool.

Anyway, that Cultural Marxism video was really funny and I'm totally subscribing to this guy.
EDIT: Oh, he's a goon too. Neat.

Augus fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Dec 11, 2015

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

LOL if you subject yourself to Doug for any reason. That guy suuuuuuuucks.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Arcsquad12 posted:

I thought Doug said he would never touch the Star Wars movies because "it's been done". Though that was before Demo Reel crashed and he fell back into the Critic role again.

Disneycember is where Doug makes quick videos about his thoughts and feelings about Disney movies as well as movies owned by Disney. He isn't really reviewing the movies, and he's covering the Star Wars movies because the new one is coming out.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

CynCyanide posted:

I only glanced at the screen shot, so at first I assumed he was plugging Gurren Lagan is amazing(?) because it supports MRAs. That'd be a weird anime (is it an anime?) but I could see something like that existing.

No. Gurren Lagann is in fact really good and not that.

Jay O
Oct 9, 2012

being a zombie's not so bad
once you get used to it

JB50 posted:

+

Yardbomb posted:

No. Gurren Lagann is in fact really good and not that.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot
gurren lagan does have a male focus message but it a ton more cheerful and positive message then anything the MRA or redpill put in place. if you came from that show to hate all woman then you failed.

and the show feels more like a love letter to mecha anime, moreso then MRA propaganda.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
JonTron finally does TIE Fighter

and some others.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

Can't wait for JonTron to finally review                      Ishtar                     

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Truth hurts + Broken clock

JB50 posted:

why James why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-_E0hG3z8A

Beefstew
Oct 30, 2010

I told you that story so I could tell you this one...

I had that Millennium Falcon playset as a little kid and I loved the poo poo out of it. :colbert: It doubled as a nice set for my action figures.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Wow, he sure knows how to ruin an (inside) joke (on a forum he isn't part of).

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
BWAVES OF STEEW

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I never followed Jon Tron. I didn't know he had a budget, or the backing of some kind of studio.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Is there anywhere with a complete collection of JO's Digimon Tamers reviews?

This playlist has had a number of them taken down.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BigRed0427 posted:

I never followed Jon Tron. I didn't know he had a budget, or the backing of some kind of studio.

I wonder how much money Jon used to make starcade, I wanna know if its under 90 thousand dollars.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

BigRed0427 posted:

The bigger budget is kind of recent.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

lornekates posted:

Wow, he sure knows how to ruin an (inside) joke (on a forum he isn't part of).

What???

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

"A new Jontron Starcade, and still not TIE Fighter. When will he review TIE fighter?"

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpMS1qLkHFM

Jontron has a new Starcade out. I'll be honest, I just want him to get to the Tie Fighter episode soon.

Arcsquad12 posted:

At this rate starcade is going to go on for years, considering his latest episode is based on a game from 1993. He hasn't hit tie fighter yet, and after that there's a half dozen jedi knight and dark forces games plus the deluge of surprisingly decent episode one titles.

Arcsquad12 posted:

JonTron put out another Starcade video. And it still isn't loving Tie Fighter. He's been stalling on it, dammit.

Arcsquad12 posted:

JonTron has a new StarCade out
Still isn't loving TIE Fighter.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Jontron has another Starcade out. Still not Tie Fighter. But I do own the plug and play Millennium Falcon toy.

Arcsquad really wanted Jon to do TIE Fighter.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I had Yoda Stories for Game Boy Colour. It wasn't great.

I had an Episode I podracing game also for Game Boy Colour, and the cartridge was a weird shape (it had this sort of bulge at the top, like you were meant to put an AAA battery in it or something).

One game which I enjoyed a lot - though I understand it's not terribly fondly-remember nowadays - was Star Wars: Bounty Hunter, which is one of the over nine-thousand EU stories about how Jango Fett was recruited as the source of the clone army. The bad guy was Clancy Brown.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I think the pod racing game you were talking about had a built in rumble pack.

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

BigRed0427 posted:

I think the pod racing game you were talking about had a built in rumble pack.

"Kids like rumble packs, right?"

"Well, not really-- but they're cheap to put into controllers, since they're basically broken motors we get cheap from a Chinese factory."

"So what if we put a rumble pack in the Gameboy!"

"Well, sir, that would rumble the whole gameboy-- which is also the screen, and a host of otherwise delicate electronics..."

"Make it happen, Johnson. Your bonus is on the line."

"RumbleBoy. Excellent idea sir."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
The one for Pokemon Pinball worked alright.

• Locked thread