Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

The fine-print description of the PS4 RB3 export says something like "By buying this pack, you warrant that you own a physical copy of Rock Band 3", which makes me wonder if there is a check...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I assume they can't legally say "go borrow a copy and play until you get a trophy to get your $15 export!"

Dressed For Chess
May 6, 2007
Fun Shoe
Jesus, I hate to bitch, but would it have killed them to put a loving "Download All" button on the export? I guess I should be glad to have it...

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
So I think they moved the piano chart on Imagine to guitar, because we're about to play it in a show, and the game says there's a guitar part with two dots of difficulty?

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
I don't know why I'm even surprised when I said what I said earlier on. Everyone loves to hate me for my bluntness (specially on Reddit) but I'm right almost every loving time.

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/675415572415438850

Xbox One delayed a few days...

Harmonix PR is so ridiculously inadequate that it infuriates me. Just click on that Twitter link and read through their lovely responses to everyone. It's like a computer, not a person behind the computer, is responding. Zero empathy with their customer base and zero regards given for the fact that they promoted December 8 as a release date and then let the day go and now apparently the week and they're responding to people like it's just another day in the office. Which given how lovely their track record has been this year, I guess it is.

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

TrojanNemo posted:

I don't know why I'm even surprised when I said what I said earlier on. Everyone loves to hate me for my bluntness (specially on Reddit) but I'm right almost every loving time.

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/675415572415438850

Xbox One delayed a few days...

Harmonix PR is so ridiculously inadequate that it infuriates me. Just click on that Twitter link and read through their lovely responses to everyone. It's like a computer, not a person behind the computer, is responding. Zero empathy with their customer base and zero regards given for the fact that they promoted December 8 as a release date and then let the day go and now apparently the week and they're responding to people like it's just another day in the office. Which given how lovely their track record has been this year, I guess it is.

They said around the 8th.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Orgophlax posted:

They said around the 8th.

Around and week of.. Last I checked we're still in that

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Oh come on, don't apologize for them.

In my line of work, everything is about deadlines and sticking to dates. But fine, this isn't my work.

But even in normal conversation, if you tell me "around date x" I'm going to give you the courtesy of - 2 and + 2 days. So December 6 through December 10 I would have been OK with. It's now nearly 9PM EST on December 11, Friday night. Not only isn't it out yet, but the update they said on Twitter and Facebook about 5 hours ago that would come with more information hasn't come. I'd love to see how well you handle FedEx or UPS being this behind an estimated delivery date...

They are dodgy with their statements and always have been. They've said on streams December 8. They've said on press releases and on their forums and on Twitter they were targeting December 8. Somehow we're expected to be OK with delays and with bullshit one-liners in response to tweets and requests for additional information.

Some of the things they said today included them waiting to release until it was thoroughly tested to avoid a broken release...then they release on PS4 and not on Xbox One. You're probably going to say "oh but that's not a Harmonix issue, that's a Sony/Microsoft issue." If that's the case, then Harmonix lied when it said today on Twitter it was just a matter of "flipping a switch" to release - meaning it's on their end.

Either way, I hope you apologists at least see how their PR has been ridiculously underwhelming.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

flyboi posted:

Around and week of.. Last I checked we're still in that

Can I get some clarification on when you believe the week starts? My week ends tomorrow (Saturday), does yours too?
I just want to know so when Sunday and Monday come around and the export still isn't available I can expect a difference response from you then.

EDIT: And yes, yes I would love to be proved wrong. But HMX and Microsoft working on this over the weekend? Pshh.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

TrojanNemo posted:

Oh come on, don't apologize for them.

In my line of work, everything is about deadlines and sticking to dates. But fine, this isn't my work.

But even in normal conversation, if you tell me "around date x" I'm going to give you the courtesy of - 2 and + 2 days. So December 6 through December 10 I would have been OK with. It's now nearly 9PM EST on December 11, Friday night. Not only isn't it out yet, but the update they said on Twitter and Facebook about 5 hours ago that would come with more information hasn't come. I'd love to see how well you handle FedEx or UPS being this behind an estimated delivery date...

They are dodgy with their statements and always have been. They've said on streams December 8. They've said on press releases and on their forums and on Twitter they were targeting December 8. Somehow we're expected to be OK with delays and with bullshit one-liners in response to tweets and requests for additional information.

Some of the things they said today included them waiting to release until it was thoroughly tested to avoid a broken release...then they release on PS4 and not on Xbox One. You're probably going to say "oh but that's not a Harmonix issue, that's a Sony/Microsoft issue." If that's the case, then Harmonix lied when it said today on Twitter it was just a matter of "flipping a switch" to release - meaning it's on their end.

Either way, I hope you apologists at least see how their PR has been ridiculously underwhelming.

I'd much rather them be open with communication about the date, than have all this poo poo ready to go but wait to release it on a much further away date that was announced in 2016. It seems like they are literally trying to get us this stuff as quickly as possible

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Harmonix PR has become vague at best with nearly everything they've done since around the time John Drake left.

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006
On the one hand, I'm not too bothered by the delay with the RB3 export because I have so much DLC to replay anyway.

On the other hand, it's kind of ridiculous that they said it was basically ready to go this afternoon, but now it may take several additional days before it goes up. It doesn't seem like this was an issue on Microsoft's end either.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Considering how PSN and XBL work if a patch fucks up it's completely normal to take a few days before being re-approved. I would imagine dlc is under the same scrutiny

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

ArgonHarvester posted:

:tviv:

PSN makes you download the tracks individually with a tiny load in between that resets the cursor to the top of the list.

On the purchase screen it does this. But if you click the "view downloads" button, which takes you to the list of songs that are centered in the screen instead of on the right side, you can quickly hit down and X on each track to queue them all up. Took me under a minute to queue up all the downloads.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

TrojanNemo posted:

Because PR is like the least important part of making video games and I literally don't know how you have managed to like video games this long without having an aneurysm if a week long delay is making you this furious.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014
Because unlike with every other game, I actually used to care about this franchise and this company? That's why. Rock Band 3 is by far my most played game ever, the game i've spent the most money on, the game i've spent the most time doing miscellaneous things for (I learned to program for the RB3 customs community), etc. So my level of care with this franchise is miles above what it is with any other game ever. Or rather, it was.

Since RB4 was announced I spent months being a knight in shining armor constantly defending HMX and their decisions leading up to RB4's release (so much so I lost count of how may times I was told to "get off Harmonix's dick") but then release came about, and everything has been so disappointing and so underwhelming, that I just can't count myself as a die-hard supporter anymore. And unlike many people here and elsewhere, I actually have purchased every single thing HMX has released in 2015, including pre-ordering the game digitally, getting two game bundles, getting a legacy adapter, getting every single piece of DLC released. But who cares right? I'm just some nerd raging on the internet, not like Harmonix should care what their actual money-paying customers have to say.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

TrojanNemo posted:

I'm just some nerd raging on the internet,

nailed it

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I'm totally with you, bro. In these days of instant news and instant responses, gently caress companies who have silent and vague PR departments. Have a quick internal meeting, discuss changes to the plan because of X problem, and inform your fans. Simple.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

TrojanNemo posted:

Because unlike with every other game, I actually used to care about this franchise and this company? That's why. Rock Band 3 is by far my most played game ever, the game i've spent the most money on, the game i've spent the most time doing miscellaneous things for (I learned to program for the RB3 customs community), etc. So my level of care with this franchise is miles above what it is with any other game ever. Or rather, it was.

Since RB4 was announced I spent months being a knight in shining armor constantly defending HMX and their decisions leading up to RB4's release (so much so I lost count of how may times I was told to "get off Harmonix's dick") but then release came about, and everything has been so disappointing and so underwhelming, that I just can't count myself as a die-hard supporter anymore. And unlike many people here and elsewhere, I actually have purchased every single thing HMX has released in 2015, including pre-ordering the game digitally, getting two game bundles, getting a legacy adapter, getting every single piece of DLC released. But who cares right? I'm just some nerd raging on the internet, not like Harmonix should care what their actual money-paying customers have to say.

I just want to remind you that the thing that caused this meltdown was the fact that it's going to take another week for you to have your opportunity to spend $15.

If you really "care about this franchise and company" then maybe you shouldn't be ready to throw their staff in the dungeon over a short delay to a product? Especially when it's counting on the efforts of companies that aren't their own and you yourself have admitted they're a much smaller team with a much smaller budget now?

There are a million fair things you could be criticizing Harmonix for right now and you're picking the pettiest, dumbest poo poo.

barren_sky posted:

I'm totally with you, bro. In these days of instant news and instant responses, gently caress companies who have silent and vague PR departments. Have a quick internal meeting, discuss changes to the plan because of X problem, and inform your fans. Simple.

Good thing that's literally what they've been doing. They announced the delay on their Twitter feed, after all.

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

As a European player this is just how it's always been. Like oops, we didn't test those extra RB1 tracks in RB3 even after they caused Lego RB to totally lock up. We'll fix it, I dunno, whenever.

It's just not a big deal. poo poo goes wrong and it's probably not anyone's fault. I'm sure it would be nice to be pandered to but if you come to expect it you're just setting yourself up for disappointment.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

TrojanNemo posted:

Because this is the Rock Band thread, I feel this an entirely appropriate response to your post: despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a CAAAAAAAAAGE, bweerrr, bu da du da dump, ba du da du daaam, bwooooom, tell me I'm the only son, tell me I'm the only one, Jesus was an only son I ammmmmm.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Pirate Jet posted:

I just want to remind you that the thing that caused this meltdown was the fact that it's going to take another week for you to have your opportunity to spend $15.

If you really "care about this franchise and company" then maybe you shouldn't be ready to throw their staff in the dungeon over a short delay to a product?

[...]

Good thing that's literally what they've been doing. They announced the delay on their Twitter feed, after all.

Don't oversimplify things. It's not about the opportunity to spend the money. The money is actually already spent and waiting on my Microsoft account.

It's about the false promises, vague dates, lovely PR responses when things go wrong. It's about the fact that given the last month of PR leading to this, if you read their responses on Twitter and Facebook yesterday it clearly shows that they don't give a flying gently caress that it got delayed, and are using form answers that sometimes don't even make sense with the post they're supposed to be responding to.

And, since you brought that up. They only announced the delay on Twitter because people asked, not of their own volition. Then they said that more information would be coming later yesterday. And well, we're on another day and they still have given no new information on what happened and when we can expect it.

I supervise people at my job, and if my assistant does something that causes a problem, I take responsibility and I deal with it. You and those apologizing for their behavior seem to be caught in the middle, both wanting to say "well it's not Harmonix's fault, really" but hit with the fact that to date Harmonix has not put the blame on anyone, and so they're assuming the blame, and they got to deal with it.

Look at my post from earlier this week. I said it clearly. If they just said "hey guys, we did our part, now it's up to Microsoft/Sony and if poo poo goes wrong its on them" then guess what? Everyone would be nerd raging at Microsoft right now. But they chose not to. So it's on them.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
Holy poo poo, dude. Just calm down and go enjoy that new baby. You'll get this five year old content soon enough.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

TrojanNemo posted:

Look at my post from earlier this week. I said it clearly. If they just said "hey guys, we did our part, now it's up to Microsoft/Sony and if poo poo goes wrong its on them" then guess what? Everyone would be nerd raging at Microsoft right now. But they chose not to. So it's on them.

Why would it be a good idea to throw one of their partners under the bus like that?

I understand you're frustrated, and I am too, but something messed up at the last second and prevented it from being released. It stinks, but that's the situation we're in.

I do hope they don't bother with announcing release dates and do a "it's available now!" type thing for the next exports. Seems like it would be easier for everyone.

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Zerot posted:

I do hope they don't bother with announcing release dates and do a "it's available now!" type thing for the next exports.

I agree. But apparently the HMX CEO doesn't. He responded on Twitter that people wouldn't like that surprise. I disagree, I prefer a surprise to a disappointment.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I can't even be upset about disc exports being delayed when the alternative solution is to just play the loving game on my perfectly functioning PS3

cjg
Sep 5, 2003

Astro7x posted:

I can't even be upset about disc exports being delayed when the alternative solution is to just play the loving game on my perfectly functioning PS3

I've been monitoring this thread since it started. I don't think I lost out on anything by just keeping my Xbox 360 around with my Ion drums, wooden guitars and a huge library of all the versions, offshoots, DLC and customs. It doesn't look like any of the features or new instruments have stood out enough to outweigh the headache.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/675754194738003969

Rock Band 3 export is now available on Xbox One! Get the instructions on downloading here: https://t.co/qLbjBiv1rC

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

sba posted:

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/675754194738003969

Rock Band 3 export is now available on Xbox One! Get the instructions on downloading here: https://t.co/qLbjBiv1rC

This makes the last page of this thread even funnier.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

TrojanNemo posted:

I agree. But apparently the HMX CEO doesn't. He responded on Twitter that people wouldn't like that surprise. I disagree, I prefer a surprise to a disappointment.

when you think about it, disappointment is just another kind of surprise

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
This ~24 hour delay WILL NOT STAND

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm just happy I have more Avenged Sevenfold to play.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
The fact that you can export and delete garbage songs from the old games makes these waits worth it

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Kinda silly that it's all individual downloads but now I can get rid of Outer Space :)

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

TrojanNemo posted:

Don't oversimplify things. It's not about the opportunity to spend the money. The money is actually already spent and waiting on my Microsoft account.

It's about the false promises, vague dates, lovely PR responses when things go wrong. It's about the fact that given the last month of PR leading to this, if you read their responses on Twitter and Facebook yesterday it clearly shows that they don't give a flying gently caress that it got delayed, and are using form answers that sometimes don't even make sense with the post they're supposed to be responding to.

And, since you brought that up. They only announced the delay on Twitter because people asked, not of their own volition. Then they said that more information would be coming later yesterday. And well, we're on another day and they still have given no new information on what happened and when we can expect it.

I supervise people at my job, and if my assistant does something that causes a problem, I take responsibility and I deal with it. You and those apologizing for their behavior seem to be caught in the middle, both wanting to say "well it's not Harmonix's fault, really" but hit with the fact that to date Harmonix has not put the blame on anyone, and so they're assuming the blame, and they got to deal with it.

You're getting awfully close to Methodis levels of meltdown dude.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

Xad posted:

So I think they moved the piano chart on Imagine to guitar, because we're about to play it in a show, and the game says there's a guitar part with two dots of difficulty?

Why didn't they do this for ALL songs with Keys but no Guitar? There's probably fewer than ten in the whole catalog.

Added names to the OP for score battling. Go make friends! If I missed anyone or it's not listed yet, just post your GT again.

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Dec 12, 2015

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
So I got all my RB3 songs downloaded, went to play a few. And my game crashed after playing through "China Grove" :smith:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

TrojanNemo posted:

rofl

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

good to know that methodis is back again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

TrojanNemo posted:

Can I get some clarification on when you believe the week starts? My week ends tomorrow (Saturday), does yours too?
I just want to know so when Sunday and Monday come around and the export still isn't available I can expect a difference response from you then.

EDIT: And yes, yes I would love to be proved wrong. But HMX and Microsoft working on this over the weekend? Pshh.

Lol.:vince:

I'm gonna buy this game. Is the best drum kit to get the new one that comes in the band in a box deal?