Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

El Burbo posted:

The last three are characters from the game Hyperdimension Neptunia, a game about video game consoles that are anime girls.

The black and blue one is the PlayStation, the green and white one is the Xbox, the white and blue one is the Wii, and the purple haired one is the Sega Neptune, a console that never actually existed but since Sega made the game they put themselves in there, as the main character.

Trap sprung.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

Trap sprung.

nep nep is love, nep nep is life, etc, etc

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Captain Invictus posted:

That's actually the origin story for the new Giana Sisters designs.

Wait, what? As in C64 punk power-ups totally not a Mario ripoff Giana Sisters?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, they tried to make them a thing again. I think the game was pretty good.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

Wait, what? As in C64 punk power-ups totally not a Mario ripoff Giana Sisters?

Look it up on steam. They are hideous little troll creatures

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

(x)

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Why is Casca white?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Why does Guts have a pipboy?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Raptor1033 posted:

They were invented while he was on the boat.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Original was better.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Raptor1033 posted:

Guy says he's currently playing Caska in FO4 and planning to play Guts when mods are available.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Guy says he's currently playing Caska in FO4 and planning to play Guts when mods are available.

he really does not have high hopes for what state the protagonist ends up in at the end of Fallout 4 eh

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Too easy

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

It's official TCG art, but:

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

CommissarMega posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm unironically loving horsecock the song :allears:

Haha this is incredibly catchy. Too bad I it's unplayable.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's official TCG art, but:

For those not versed in Pokemon lore, the skull and bone that Cubone carries with it are the remains of its mother.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I can't believe how much millage Dragon Age 2 gets with fanart it's amazing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Tarezax posted:

For those not versed in Pokemon lore

C'mon man, it's goons.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Sinners Sandwich posted:

It's a shame about the game...

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Nanomashoes posted:

It's a shame about the game...

afaik dragon age 2 wasn't even supposed to be dragon age 2 but ea wanted it to be a huge sequel and only gave them a year to make it.

maybe it could've been a good game...

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
This has been weighing on me for a while and I am going to have to come out and say it: from what I've seen, Undertale's character designs are kind of weak.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Sinners Sandwich posted:

DA2 still did a couple things uniquely well despite being a botched (on release) rush job so it seems to have earned itself a wee little cult fanbase that endures. I'm surprised by how much fanart it still produces 5 years later.

Other 2011 games like skyrim, dark souls and portal 2 also endure for having done a certain kind of experience well but certainly weren't so controversial on release.

e: content

hard counter has a new favorite as of 08:53 on Dec 12, 2015

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

StandardVC10 posted:

This has been weighing on me for a while and I am going to have to come out and say it: from what I've seen, Undertale's character designs are kind of weak.

That's where the fan characters come in.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

StandardVC10 posted:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

StandardVC10 posted:

They're not overly complicated but that doesn't make them bad. You should try the game out, it's cheap and the character designs aren't necessarily the draw, it's the character writing that is.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

StandardVC10 posted:

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Captain Invictus posted:

They're not overly complicated but that doesn't make them bad. You should try the game out, it's cheap and the character designs aren't necessarily the draw, it's the character writing that is.

See it's posts like this that make you not want to play the game. You really don't need to tell people to play Undertale anymore, everyone's heard everything about it a hundred times over.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Amppelix posted:

See it's posts like this that make you not want to play the game. You really don't need to tell people to play Undertale anymore, everyone's heard everything about it a hundred times over.

someone hasn't played undertale

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Amppelix posted:

I suggested he try it since he clearly hasn't. That post wasn't really something to necessarily jump on me about, especially assuming everyone knows everything about the game. A shitload of people have never even heard of it, and thinking people know everything about it because a lot of fanart is posted from it is dumb

So have some more fanart from it

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

It might be just me, but I find it has the opposite effect when the first response to casually mentioning the game is "Hey you should play it it's good" :shrug:

(Pre-empting me getting that exact response, I have and I like it)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hey guys, did you hear about this game called Undertale? It's a really good game and I think you should all check out Undertale, it's this indie title you may not have heard of. But don't worry if you haven't heard of it, Undertale is really good and you should all check out Undertale, now let me tell you all about how much I love this new indie game that's out now called Undertale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Wanamingo posted:

Hey guys, did you hear about this game called Undertale? It's a really good game and I think you should all check out Undertale, it's this indie title you may not have heard of. But don't worry if you haven't heard of it, Undertale is really good and you should all check out Undertale, now let me tell you all about how much I love this new indie game that's out now called Undertale.

• Locked thread