Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Anyone know how to get the gold stag? It's all I'm missing for the hunting stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

By the way, I went to Kabuki-cho (aka Kamuro-cho) a few weeks ago for the first time. The main gate area was under construction though and I didn't really get the feeling I was in the game or anything.

Yeah, they flipped and shuffled Dotonbori around a lot too.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's probably just accurate and not supposed to be funny, but I still think it's funny that young Japanese street punks are dressing like Run-DMC.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

Capsaicin posted:

I need to get into a hostess club to do a side mission (creepy vending machine?), and I need to find an "Adult Entertainment Info Booth". Any ideas?

Also, where are the spots to take pictures in Fukuoka? I've only found 4.

The info booth is called something like night guide and is on the east side of the main drag through town, about three quarters of the way up I think.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Saejima 2-1: Did I just sing a drunken love song to the guy whose dojo I took over in Yakuza 4? Well, obviously not because I'm hallucinating it all at the behest of one of my cellmates, but still. Saejima needs a word with his subconscious.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Kazuma 1-3(?)

Didn't expect the Osaka cop to reference Sayama. TOO loving BAD SHE'LL NEVER SHOW UP AS A MAJOR CHARACTER AGAIN, DAMMIT. :smith:

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Man, there's so much stuff to do in this game it's crazy. I sometimes almost forget about the main story while I go to the arcade, drive my taxi, go racing, play darts, beat up punks, etc., etc.

Gotta say the hostess club is pretty darn pricey. Good thing there's the taxi job to pay for it.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Nick Biped posted:

Man, there's so much stuff to do in this game it's crazy. I sometimes almost forget about the main story while I go to the arcade, drive my taxi, go racing, play darts, beat up punks, etc., etc.

Gotta say the hostess club is pretty darn pricey. Good thing there's the taxi job to pay for it.

Protip: Going to Le Marche on a date can be a very bad idea.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Off-screen photos of Yakuza 6 demonstrated.

Source from Dengeki Online, along with more info about Kiwami in Japanese. It looks like a famous judo guy, Shinichi Shinohara, will be in Kiwami.

Another source of photos, from Gamer.ne.jp It also shows some new Yakuza swag, such as this Kiryu figma:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I'd just like to know that Yechezkel is the best dude ever.

And also holy poo poo that Kiryu model!

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Policenaut posted:

I'd just like to know that Yechezkel is the best dude ever.

And also holy poo poo that Kiryu model!

Okay, so a few hours ago I'm trying to look up a guide for Kiryu's section, specifically what three restaurants I should take that celebrity chef to. At one point I type into Google "yakuza 5 kiryu" and it loving auto-completes to "yakuza 5 kiryu dies," which left me ripshit pissed for while. So this picture's kind of a relief, even if I should know better than to think ANYTHING, up to and including being trapped in an exploding Millennium Tower, could put Kazuma Kiryu down.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Just enter all the restaurants and when its one he should bring Tatsuya to he'll say it to himself. then you visit Tatsuya and take him to all three for some sweet rewards.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

They were all local dive type places. I think it was the organ meat noodle stand, the sushi (?) place all the way on the south edge (not the one on the main drag) and the place with the chicken soup maybe?

I was sort of sad the characters didn't say more about what they were eating in that substory, Tatsuya was pretty much just "That's good!" to everything.

moller fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Dec 12, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Holy gently caress, it's a character making a full and proper leap into the PS4 generation who doesn't look like a new person entirely.

Take note Uncharted 4.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Oh god I'm only missing one treasure map fragment in Tukimino and theres no good guides for them online. :negative:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
It's always been weird to me how these games never have any DLC of any kind. Updates add new items in the game automatically, but they seem to be deliberately avoiding what is a standard business practice in games these days. Ishin even had a system that looked for all the world like a F2P-style card pack system, but with no card packs to buy. It's bizarre.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
yeah drat it sure does suck that Sega doesn't bilk us for more money to play our games :confused:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Caitlin posted:

yeah drat it sure does suck that Sega doesn't bilk us for more money to play our games :confused:
I didn't think my post came off as me supporting that way of doing business. All I was saying is that's the industry standard and this series has never followed it.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

DivisionPost posted:

Okay, so a few hours ago I'm trying to look up a guide for Kiryu's section, specifically what three restaurants I should take that celebrity chef to. At one point I type into Google "yakuza 5 kiryu" and it loving auto-completes to "yakuza 5 kiryu dies," which left me ripshit pissed for while. So this picture's kind of a relief, even if I should know better than to think ANYTHING, up to and including being trapped in an exploding Millennium Tower, could put Kazuma Kiryu down.

Yeah, I saw that crop up to and was really worried. If any fictional videogame character deserves a happy loving ending it's Kiryu.

Also just finished his chapter, and as always, he's the baddest rear end dude ever.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

if i finish kiryu and go on to saejima can i come back and do kiryu open world stuff? Or am I stuck with Saejima?

edit: aw i'm dumb i guess you can, i missed it on the last page

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I've deleted absolutely everything off my 60gb PS3 (46gb free) and the store says I still need to free up 3gb when I try to buy. Is it wrong, am I missing something (is there an easy way to see what I'm missing or wipe out everything except the updated system software?), or am I screwed?

Sindai fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Dec 12, 2015

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The Yakuza 6 trailer is out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw6Oe1l51pQ

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sindai posted:

I've deleted absolutely everything off my 60gb PS3 (46gb free) and the store says I still need to free up 3gb when I try to buy. Is it wrong, am I missing something (is there an easy way to see what I'm missing or wipe out everything except the updated system software?), or am I screwed?

1) on the game tab, scroll up for Game Files, check for any big updates or installed games and remove them

2) force a "library rebuild" to free up any possible bad allocated space

3) if all else fails buy a new HDD

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Wow, actual gameplay changes and new graphics! As much as I love the series, it hasn't changed a great deal over the years, but that's looking really slick.

C'mon Gio Corsi, keep working that magic.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

According to Toshihiro Nagoshi, the game is at "60-70% of its final level." Yakuza 6's theme is "freedom, in that you can freely move about various locations, and in many ways there are no divisions." I guess that's what all the freerunning Kiryu is doing is supposed to represent. I'm guessing they'll get rid of the transition when entering/exiting buildings, like it'll all be one fluid in-game motion with no breaks?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I wonder if it will be just Kiryu, or a bunch of people? And story-wise, freedom from what I wonder?

Incidentally, I was just playing Zero again. I find myself skipping cutscenes (since I have already played it through) unless they have Kuze in them. He's pretty amazing. Him and Mine from 3 might be my favorite antagonists.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 12, 2015

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

I love how simple Yakuza trailers are, but still manage to be really great just by merit of showing some people get punched.

Also, I love how stepping over a thing and climbing over a short fence are considered revolutionary enough gameplay changes that they merit being in the trailer.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Yakuza 6 is the first game being developed exclusively for the PS4, right? It always looked like the PS3 versions of Ishin and 0 were holding back the PS4 versions a lot.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Yakuza 6 is the first game being developed exclusively for the PS4, right? It always looked like the PS3 versions of Ishin and 0 were holding back the PS4 versions a lot.
I don't know if that's responsible for the complaints I have about those games though, unless the resources for making two versions were taken away from being spent on the story and combat mechanics.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Story trailer for Yakuza Kiwami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PqHYONG-xI

Reminder that you get a Yakuza 6 demo if you buy the first print run of the Japanese release. Read more about Kiwami and see screenshots here.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Kiryu looks so young looking in 6. Either he's caught the Hirohiko Araki virus, or he's Venom Kiryu.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

It's a miracle enough we're getting Zero, but god drat I want that remake and 6. I hope we can keep this train going. We've come this far, right?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Gio just needs to make SEGA think about the steam money that Valkeria Chronicles got to get a PS4 remake and a new game can be earned by Yakuza if they only port to PC. Because I will buy everything all over again easy. Even Dead Souls.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Overflooding the market with Yakuza games will do the series no favors, in fact it's likely going to be harmful in the long run. The remake and 6 should not be coming out any time close to each other and yet... Hell, Yakuza 0 sold like complete garbage in its home market, they really should have waited a couple of years before releasing newer ones so that the series would become special again in its absence.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I always feel bad for Daigo in these stories, his first interaction in the cab is just kinda peak Daigo.

"We have a serious problem, this problem genuinely could cause the death of my company. I'm trying to fix it in a really stupid way because I'm not good at being leader because this was kinda thrust on me. I kinda just want your approval to tell me I'm on the right path, I really am trying even if I suck."

Like, poo poo I know this is Manly Japanese Men Fighting For Manly Honor and all but buy Daigo a beer or something Kiryu

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

Overflooding the market with Yakuza games will do the series no favors, in fact it's likely going to be harmful in the long run. The remake and 6 should not be coming out any time close to each other and yet... Hell, Yakuza 0 sold like complete garbage in its home market, they really should have waited a couple of years before releasing newer ones so that the series would become special again in its absence.

I do wish they'd slow down a bit. As much as I love Yakuza, it feels like I only just finished one game before the next one is released. I also think releasing Kiwami and 6 in the same year is going to be a gigantic pain in the rear end as far as localization is concerned, since if they are coming over to the west then by the time we get Kiwami and 6, I'll bet that 7, another spinoff like Kenzan or Ishin and Kiwami 2 would probably already be out in Japan.

Hell they should take a year out just to make Binary Domain 2 or something. I'd love to play a sequel to that and it'd give the Yakuza series a small break.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
English Zero is only coming to PS4, right? I really dont wanna buy a whole new system but...

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Here's my prediction that I genuinely hope future events do not refute: Yakuza will not succumb to the Assassin's Creed model of "poo poo out as much as possible with the brand on it and pray something sticks".

Sega of America has obviously had a lot of trouble marketing this series over here, but I think that's independent from and maybe even partly caused by Sega Japan's approach to managing Team RGG, which appears to be "we need an AAA game from you this fiscal year for the newest Sony platform, we don't care what it's about, go hog wild". This way you never get developer fatigue from having to tie an insane near-future conspiracy plot to a historical period decided on by committee.

When Team RGG gets tired of modern Japan, they'll go back in time. When they get tired of medieval Japan, they'll suddenly make something completely new that builds on some of the concepts they've used before. I haven't played Ishin but I'd love to see a Devil May Cry-style glamour fighter that expands on the stuff they did there. Once Zero and Kiwami/Rebirth are out over here I legit wouldn't mind waiting another three years to blow up Millenium Tower again, as long as I get to play something fresh with all the same polish and charm we've come to expect from the team.

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Kiryu looks so young looking in 6. Either he's caught the Hirohiko Araki virus, or he's Venom Kiryu.
Exactly. I want to know where this falls in the timeline. For some reason I thought Yakuza 5 was the last game set in the present. I'm not even close to finishing it yet though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Captain Walker posted:

When Team RGG gets tired of modern Japan, they'll go back in time. When they get tired of medieval Japan, they'll suddenly make something completely new that builds on some of the concepts they've used before.

You need to play Binary Domain. Now.

• Locked thread