Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Once you get a character to 6* do you stop getting their bios? I would assume so but it would be poo poo to keep them in the pool of available bios.

Also skill talk! A while ago I was reading that most people don't think its useful to take any characters skills much past level 30 is this still a thing? From my understanding the rational was that the cost vs power gains starts to really fall off much past 30 so its just a huge gold sink with not much benefit.

You do not stop getting bios. There's two reasons for this: 1) Improving Gear starts costing Bios for that character at the highest ranks (15+) , and the Bio Converter in the Lab starts becoming attractive when you have bios you don't need to dump into it.

The reason people stop improving most skills past level 30 is because the cost-to-benefit ratio drops off in comparison to what else you could be doing with your gold, like rerolling ISO sets (the really good bonuses have only a small chance to roll, and it costs 10,000 to change a set bonus each time) or improving your lab components. It's really more of a "complete your character" money sink once you've gotten everything else in place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hogama posted:

You do not stop getting bios. There's two reasons for this: 1) Improving Gear starts costing Bios for that character at the highest ranks (15+) , and the Bio Converter in the Lab starts becoming attractive when you have bios you don't need to dump into it.

The reason people stop improving most skills past level 30 is because the cost-to-benefit ratio drops off in comparison to what else you could be doing with your gold, like rerolling ISO sets (the really good bonuses have only a small chance to roll, and it costs 10,000 to change a set bonus each time) or improving your lab components. It's really more of a "complete your character" money sink once you've gotten everything else in place.

Perfect! Thanks guys I didn't know about the gear thing. I guess I'll stop leveling my warwolf's skills at 35 and work on my Nico's skills.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rad Valtar posted:

So to get a new character I have to save up enough biometrics to buy them?

A specific char yes. You do this farming them in story, Battleworld and much much more.

You get a free char every single day for daily login though. Keep that in mind. Getting all the chars isn't too hard at all, just focus on whomever you want.

Ie: Want Iron Man? Well his bios are easy to farm in story and he unlocks quickly. That way.

Dr.Magnificent
Dec 24, 2007

Comes with hands on care.
Fun Shoe
I want iron man so I can use his bios for what they were meant for (transmuting into useful character bios).

I joined the shame club, but didn't screenshot mine. I got 5* gobbs and 3* Single. Nothing else of note, sadly. I am now shame level 3.

sakeyake
Feb 1, 2004

MarcusSA posted:

Also skill talk! A while ago I was reading that most people don't think its useful to take any characters skills much past level 30 is this still a thing? From my understanding the rational was that the cost vs power gains starts to really fall off much past 30 so its just a huge gold sink with not much benefit.

Press the + button on a skill upgrade as many times as you want and check the damage improvement then cancel. You can see exactly how the cost scales with damage. It does get pretty expensive for tiny upgrades around 30, but you could also stop at 10 or 20 depending on where your gear is at.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
I refuse to state my shame level, not horrible but feel it is higher then most

Plan to use most of my energy every day completing the daily stuff then farming for the 10 some days to get drax to 6 stars. He's the only 5 star I can farm like that so might as well get a 6

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Battleworld rewards finally put me over for a 5 star Sister Grimm, immediately poured all my money into taking her new skill to level 40. Now to spend a year collecting bios to get her to 6 stars

Actually my 5-6 star roster is finally filling out, so maybe just six months

Dial-a-Dog fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 12, 2015

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
My shame level is 1.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I feel no shame.

polish sausage
Oct 26, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

My main team is DD (4 stars), Luke Cage (3 stars) and Iron Fist (1 wimpy, sad little star) mainly because of team synergies, but I'm really tempted to swap Iron Fist with Jessica, because gently caress Iron Fist. I'd only lose one synergy and (I assume) ease of farming. So far we're only getting Jessica's biometrics with Hero Tokens, right?

I really have to choose a team and focus on them. My current roster includes 8 people at lvl 30-ish and I'm trying to farm IM, Cap, Spidey, Black Widow, DD, Luke Cage, War Machine, Kinpin and Doc. Oc everyday, so I'm making basically no progress story-wise.

Yeah thing about Jessica is its gonna be a bitch to farm her. I was willing to drop coin on her because gently caress waiting. I got her at 5 star and im pretty much stuck until a patch comes out with maybe missions regarding her or a six star ticket comes around or i catch a sale on her biometrics. I regret nothing though.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001
Iron fist consistently rates as low/bottom tier, you're probably better off replacing him with anyone and ignoring the team bonus for now, especially with him at 1 star

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
Why do I sometimes get nobody to choose from but opponents in the single to double digit ranks when a new Timeline Battle week has started? Refreshing doesn't work, restarting the app doesn't work. It's basically a guaranteed loss right there because those people generally whaled the gently caress out and have all L60, all 6 star heroes. Kind of annoying.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

MMAgCh posted:

Why do I sometimes get nobody to choose from but opponents in the single to double digit ranks when a new Timeline Battle week has started? Refreshing doesn't work, restarting the app doesn't work. It's basically a guaranteed loss right there because those people generally whaled the gently caress out and have all L60, all 6 star heroes. Kind of annoying.

It refreshes. Happens all the time. I think you gotta just keep trying on the refresh.

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Gonna have to brake down at some point and buy some drax bio as I'm looking at 16 days to farm him basically. U g h.
Ton of energy but want a 6 star too

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Can repeat dailies with no limit currently. Of you can clear stage 4 it has some of the best xp

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Chalupa is right.

:ducksiren: Daily Missions are currently NO LIMIT for the weekend! Farm up guys! :ducksiren:

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!
I finally started playing this while stuck at the doctor's office for two hours. Holy poo poo there is so much random currency poo poo it is so confusing. Then again, I picked MODOK for my free hero box and can run around headbutting people which is pretty amusing.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Chalupa is right.

:ducksiren: Daily Missions are currently NO LIMIT for the weekend! Farm up guys! :ducksiren:

I can't quite clear 4 consistently. Is 3 the next best? I've hit a bit of a wall around 6-8. I'm maining Kingpin ATM usually accompanied by Ironman and Warmachine although I've been putting Spidey in the latter's spot because Machine is still only one star (until tomorrow).

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

vulturesrow posted:

I can't quite clear 4 consistently. Is 3 the next best? I've hit a bit of a wall around 6-8. I'm maining Kingpin ATM usually accompanied by Ironman and Warmachine although I've been putting Spidey in the latter's spot because Machine is still only one star (until tomorrow).

Yep, you can work on what your next easiest clear is then. Just farm that a bit until you level up enough to run what you want to run consistently.

Erdricks posted:

I finally started playing this while stuck at the doctor's office for two hours. Holy poo poo there is so much random currency poo poo it is so confusing. Then again, I picked MODOK for my free hero box and can run around headbutting people which is pretty amusing.

Ask here or ask me on steam, I can explain everything. It'll give me a good idea of how to spruce up the OP too to make it seem easy to understand.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
So who are some good choices to complement a Kingpin main (not that he seems to need much help).

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

vulturesrow posted:

So who are some good choices to complement a Kingpin main (not that he seems to need much help).

I've always loved Iron Man and War Machine with him, of course. They have great synergy. I think he complements Doc Ock nicely too for that Superior Spidey action.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Whatchyu called on Steam, ICR Sun God?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I Came For Revenge

I need to change it to the Sun God greatness though since I've ascended to my nearly final form.

Also, GM Gift was 10 Lvl 5 XP chips again!!! Hebrons. That's 30 lvl 5 chips in 3 days. Wow.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I've always loved Iron Man and War Machine with him, of course. They have great synergy. I think he complements Doc Ock nicely too for that Superior Spidey action.

A couple of days ago I noticed that getting IM's weapons (and I assume every blaster's) past level 6 requires a blue thing that only drops on Green Goblin's and Mockingbird's stages. Which sucks.

Stage 7-6 (Kingpin) and 7-7 (Modock) also have them, but I'm 10 stages behind or so.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
I think the best part of this game is that it comes with a pre-established, tiered and objective system for determining your level of whaling. VIP 0 means you're basically a primordial ooze. VIP15 you are the great white whale, Moby Dick. At level two I think I'm at like sea slug status. Any thoughts on how to operationalize whale tiers? At what level does one become a baby orca, for example. ICR can you please chime in on this as PhD marine biologist?

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

All we need to know is what level kelp and/or plankton is and we can deduce the rest.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Fat Samurai posted:

A couple of days ago I noticed that getting IM's weapons (and I assume every blaster's) past level 6 requires a blue thing that only drops on Green Goblin's and Mockingbird's stages. Which sucks.

Stage 7-6 (Kingpin) and 7-7 (Modock) also have them, but I'm 10 stages behind or so.

Build the Item Shop in the lab, if you haven't already, and check it every so often, crafting mats like those will show up from time to time

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Ask here or ask me on steam, I can explain everything. It'll give me a good idea of how to spruce up the OP too to make it seem easy to understand.

That would require me to have read the OP. All I know is that I seem to be picking up MH-ish crafting elemenets and after I got a free unlock box that I used for modok I got biological points of some kind that I put into racon in an eventual hope to unlock him?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Other posted:

Build the Item Shop in the lab, if you haven't already, and check it every so often, crafting mats like those will show up from time to time

Yep, they appeared right after my post! And they are only needed for 2 levels, which was a surprise.

Whining works, people!

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

War machine has a line about shawarma in this game. Does mr marbles read our other bad thread?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Clearly they must. Fan service for life.

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Ya I get royalties every time someone sees warmachine say that. I'm basically a billionaire at this point.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

punchymcpunch posted:

All we need to know is what level kelp and/or plankton is and we can deduce the rest.

im vip level 2

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

Why are there what seems to be three different types of hero levels (numbers stars and mastery).

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Erdricks posted:

Why are there what seems to be three different types of hero levels (numbers stars and mastery).

number is their actual level

stars unlock additional abilities (and also gate some stuff behind X stars)

mastery boosts your Leader Ability. i am not sure if it also does something else?

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Both stars and mastery increase your stats as well.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The top hero level is also capped by the number of stars.
1-2*: Lvl 40
3*: Lvl 45
4*: Lvl 50
5*: Lvl 55
6*: Lvl 60

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

I think the op may have this info, but so many words and effort. I think it could use some tightening up and some bullets and bold about what people need to do in what order.

I am lazy just tell me the best way to have fun

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Erdricks posted:

I think the op may have this info, but so many words and effort. I think it could use some tightening up and some bullets and bold about what people need to do in what order.

I am lazy just tell me the best way to have fun

Play whichever modes you enjoy, try to at least do enough of each to get your daily quests done for the free crystals, and save your clear tickets for biometric grinding. Also play whichever characters you like, but try to look up whether or not they're trash before you get too invested in them (very few are irredeemably bad though)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Erdricks posted:

Because it's the current rage in phone game bullshit grinding. At least they don't also give you duplicates of characters you already have, and make you fuse/combine/smoosh them together after leveling each to max in order to get the better version.

• Locked thread