Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fennesz posted:

Treat MM like it's unranked. I've never taken it seriously and enjoyed pretty much every game. I got on last night after I got kind of drunk at work, played with 4 dudes in a party. One of them claimed he was a, and I quote, "6'1" 13 year old with a huge dick." :stare: It was as hosed up and funny as you'd imagine.

Also we have a new :negative: reddit post boys.

Oh, what I meant is that unranked MM would allow me to play with people worse than me without a significant penalty if I lose because they have 4 meh ranks (say, 4 SMFCs) and the DMGs I queued with tank hard or something in addition to fixing the issue of them being able to queue with me at all. There's really no reason to not do it. I play unranked moba games with my brother all the time despite him being 5x better than me and neither of us get upset at any point because we realize in unranked people mess around/may be significantly worse or better than us due to its very nature. That's another pro for an unranked MM - all that horsing around would be conducive to community meta evolution since you'd see all kinds of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Turk February posted:

Lol at all the suggestions to make a 100+ MM win requirement. I've played this game since beta and have 149 wins since I rarely MM and am easily better than a good portion of the player base. When you have third-party services like ESEA, CEVO, and FACEIT then it is absolutely ridiculous to implement that kind of hurdle.

That kind of thing is the only way to get rid of smurfs and hackers, though. 100 wins is overkill yeah, but a lvl3 requirement to play ranked isn't high enough.

Just increase that to lvl 10 or so and add an unranked queue that plays exactly the same as ranked. New players won't care, hackers and smurfs get hosed.

Elman fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 12, 2015

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Yeah in case it wasn't clear, I hate that you have to grind up on casual or DM to play and whatnot, and that is why having unranked MM is a great alternative.

- Provides a gateway area to learn how to play the game in 5v5.

- Needing 100 (or whatever magic number) of wins to access ranked acts as a buffer against cheaters (more time for Overwatching, VAC etc.)

- All ranks can queue together with no need for smurfs

All you need is a simplistic MMR/ranking bracket system, possibly hidden, to try and balance it a little.

Or just play surf and forget about patches, reddit and MM.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
lets stopå arguing and instead watch 5 swedes brutalize an equal number of helpless american burgers

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Except those burgers are leading 4-2 :smug: :911:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
e: double post

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

nftyw posted:

Except those burgers are leading 4-2 :smug: :911:

Sadly liquid is the reigning champion of choking at 14 rounds now that C9 has stepped down.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

xsf421 posted:

Sadly liquid is the reigning champion of choking at 14 rounds now that C9 has stepped down.

CLG still exists

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Dang, Nitro. Dang.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I wonder how much percentage of nitr0 is adderal right now

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend
nitr0 is insane and Liquid is doing quite great. Pity HiKo is a fat smug neckbeard, I could have liked this team.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
This is going better than I'd expect from Liquid, up to 14-14

e: rip usa, I jinxed it

nftyw fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Dec 12, 2015

surc
Aug 17, 2004

nftyw posted:

This is going better than I'd expect from Liquid, up to 14-14

The 14-14 round loss by Liquid. Hiko whyyyyyyyyyyyy :negative:

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Well you see USA can't vanquish their demons, aka not being good

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

-adren +anyone else

xsf421
Feb 17, 2011

symbolic posted:

-adren +anyone else

-adren +moe, unironically.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

xsf421 posted:

-adren +moe, unironically.

you may as well add R. Lee Ermey to the roster if you're going to consider moe

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

symbolic posted:

-adren +anyone else

Did he win one AWP duel that entire Cache map?

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

why would you disable voice on casual??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXqn907o8CA

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

fennesz posted:

Did he win one AWP duel that entire Cache map?
I was playing Dead Island during the match so I didn't see any of it, but I doubt he would win against either olof or JW.

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
Liquid's standard "lose close match then get blown out" plan is working out perfectly

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I guess it comes to with the territory when you've played a game for more then a decade, but jesus, lighten up. It's a game.

The 100 wins to be able to play the game would only be ok if they had a two tiered rank system. A farm league, where you are still matched with other sub 100 win players of your rank, and a normal league.

Though, you wouldn't have enough players to fill out the silver and gn tiers at that upper level, so nevermind.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Dec 12, 2015

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
You guys should cherish DM more, it's great to dive in and mop the floor with any gun you like, doesn't hurt your aim/movement skills either

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Enkmar posted:

You guys should cherish DM more, it's great to dive in and mop the floor with any gun you like, doesn't hurt your aim/movement skills either

there's nothing wrong with DM, it's just that the community variety is so much better than the official valve version that playing the latter becomes painful

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

Enkmar posted:

Playing DM hurts my game for the next 2-3 competitive matches (or at least it used to, haven't DM'ed in ages because of it).

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Red Crown posted:

My little brother is library sharing this with me so I can try it out, but any time I try to play online it gets stuck and tells me there are 0 servers and 0 players online. Is this a known thing?

Hey just a heads up, if he cheats and gets a VAC ban that means you're going to get a VAC ban. So threaten to beat the living poo poo out of him if he thinks about it.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Reddit is a great place to discuss unranked MM

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Red Crown posted:

My little brother is library sharing this with me so I can try it out, but any time I try to play online it gets stuck and tells me there are 0 servers and 0 players online. Is this a known thing?

you cant play cs on a shared acc

Audax posted:

Hey just a heads up, if he cheats and gets a VAC ban that means you're going to get a VAC ban. So threaten to beat the living poo poo out of him if he thinks about it.

this guy is retard, this is impossible since you cant play cs on a shared acc

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Playing DM hurts my game for the next 2-3 competitive matches (or at least it used to, haven't DM'ed in ages because of it).

Start playing DM like you would in a game. Instead of just sprinting around the map hold sites or lurk areas you would as a T looking for a pick. This doesn't really work with Valve DM but all of the fragshack DM servers have spawns that emulate this.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Lmbo. Fnatic coming on stage with compton hats and acting like thugs.

Eaterofpoptarts
Oct 7, 2013
That JW interview.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
This is the whitest thing I've seen since eurovision

Evilpiggie
Feb 22, 2009
Is it just me but krimz has a stick up his rear end?

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Evilpiggie posted:

Is it just me but krimz has a stick up his rear end?

that was 50 years ago

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Fnatic somehow has the perfect timing on every round.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Where are they streaming?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
"NA CS eliminated from #CSGOProLeague. Cloud9, Liquid, CLG, CQ finish the year with a combined 35-112 record against top EU CS teams in 2015."

"30% total winning PCT. NA CS teams vs EU:
Liquid: 5-36 (ouch)
C9: 18-49
CLG: 9-20
CQ: 3-7"

"It gets worse: Second half of 2015 since C9's 3x finals & Hiko joining Liquid, NA:EU CS is 10-48 (.208): C9 (5-12) CLG (2-12) Liquid (3-22)."

https://twitter.com/Slasher/status/675774469600903168

Crimson posted:

Where are they streaming?

http://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Seriously? 20 hours?!

I just started playing competitive so I'm unranked, I've been playing casual and been really inconsistent, at least by my own standards. I was worried I would be terrible in competitive but I've dominated my first three matches, first one was a close loss, followed by two blowouts and lots of MVPs. 20 hours seems extremely excessive and annoying.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I just got home to find out windows 10 updated and changed all my settings in everything, including turning on nvidia 3dvision and giving all of my games a cool red tint.

Godspeed gamers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Crimson posted:

Seriously? 20 hours?!

I just started playing competitive so I'm unranked, I've been playing casual and been really inconsistent, at least by my own standards. I was worried I would be terrible in competitive but I've dominated my first three matches, first one was a close loss, followed by two blowouts and lots of MVPs. 20 hours seems extremely excessive and annoying.

You can only get 2 wins a day while playing placement matches as an anti-smurf measure. Thank volvo for that

• Locked thread