Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
And Punch-Out!!, which had the best possible ending to a Punch-Out game you could conceivably come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

TheKingofSprings posted:

Dark Moon was average, what have they done before that that's real good

Dark Moon was awesome!

But yes, there's the Mario Strikers games and Punch-Out!! and they're awesome as well.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

there are no bad kirby games

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Still good and better then most modern tilt games.:smug:

davey4283
Aug 14, 2006
Fallen Rib

Austrian mook posted:

The gamepad is the best idea anyone has had in rhe gaming industry in a while, and the lack of support it got was a goddamn tragedy.

It was neat for a while. Then it became obnoxious because now you have a big clunky controller tablet that only sometimes does something interesting.

And you cant blame the big bad 'industry' for not realizing the potential. There were many 1st party games that underutilized it.

And the lack of 3rd party support is really obnoxious. You'd think that after the wiis success they would have changed up their stance. Ive had this console since launch and I remember all the dust it gathered after I beat nsmbu. An entire year and a half went by until mario kart breathed fresh air into it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Still good and better then most modern tilt games.:smug:

It's poo poo, and infuriating to play

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

davey4283 posted:

It was neat for a while. Then it became obnoxious because now you have a big clunky controller tablet that only sometimes does something interesting.

And you cant blame the big bad 'industry' for not realizing the potential. There were many 1st party games that underutilized it.

And the lack of 3rd party support is really obnoxious. You'd think that after the wiis success they would have changed up their stance. Ive had this console since launch and I remember all the dust it gathered after I beat nsmbu. An entire year and a half went by until mario kart breathed fresh air into it.

It's not clunky at all. Every time I use the Gamepad, I'm pleasantly surprised at how light and comfortable it is.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

it's extremely clunky and every time i use it i want to gently caress it into oblivion

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Kirby Tilt n Tumble rules and shame they cancelled the GameCube sequel.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Its the best Kirby spinoff. I still on my Game Boy just to play it. It can even be played on a Game Boy Player.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

jivjov posted:

It's not clunky at all. Every time I use the Gamepad, I'm pleasantly surprised at how light and comfortable it is.

did you smile and give a thumbs up to the camera after you said this

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I agree with lord amiibo, the controller seemed like it was going to be klunky but it's totally fine for me. Way more comfortable than playing the 3ds or vita for a long time which ends up making me numb

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Apparently I had enough left on a giftcard to purchase Fast Racing NEO.

Faux-Zero here I come.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

epitasis posted:

it's extremely clunky and every time i use it i want to gently caress it into oblivion

That's why the next controller has a hole in the screen

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Who the gently caress decided it'd be a good idea to make the jump command bound to flipping your gameboy up, especially when the gameboy wasn't backlit so if you werent in a well lit area or in an area where you could only see from a particular angle then you had to jump pretty much blind

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
i'm surprised that kirby's tilt n tumble didn't get a virtual console release or a 3d classics remake on the 3ds that could use the gyro sensor on the 3ds to get the tilt effect

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Instant Sunrise posted:

i'm surprised that kirby's tilt n tumble didn't get a virtual console release or a 3d classics remake on the 3ds that could use the gyro sensor on the 3ds to get the tilt effect

Nintendo already drags their feet at putting regular old games up, and I imagine reprogramming a game to use a new system's gyroscope instead of the one built into the old carts would take some doing.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Who the gently caress decided it'd be a good idea to make the jump command bound to flipping your gameboy up, especially when the gameboy wasn't backlit so if you werent in a well lit area or in an area where you could only see from a particular angle then you had to jump pretty much blind

That was most games before the Game Boy Advence SP with lighting problems. Also you can keep the Game Boy flat and just pop it up to jump.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Jarogue posted:

Its the best Kirby spinoff.

psst, he was talking about kirby tilt'n'tumble, not kriby's pinball land. I know, its easy to get the two confused.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

If I was talking about Pinball then Pokemon Pinball is where its at. It even had RUMBLE for the Game Boy.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
Pinball R&S is like 100000000x better

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jarogue posted:

If I was talking about Pinball then Pokemon Pinball is where its at. It even had RUMBLE for the Game Boy.

I got into Nintendo Magazine System here in Aus when I was a young whippersnapper with a Pokemon Pinball highscore. :3:

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

FirstAidKite posted:

actually it's good, and cool

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Pinball Land is the only bad Kirby spinoff.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Echo Chamber posted:

Kirby Tilt n Tumble rules and shame they cancelled the GameCube sequel.

you can play it on the gameboy player so it'd be kind of redundant

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well Fast Racing Neo sold at least 15148 units. I know because I rank 12742 out of those in cup time.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
You ain't swappin colors good enough

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Is Xenoblade X good? Why?
Or is it bad? Why?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Moriatti posted:

Or is it bad? Why?

I like it a lot so far! Its a massive open world game that lets you wander around lost and kill things and collect treasure without hassling you about anything. The planet is really pretty and there's a lot of varied terrain and secrets to find and weird monsters to kill.

The story is probably dumb and anime as all get out, but I don't care! Eventually you also get your very own giant robot to tool around in. Giant flying robot, which you can name and customize however you want. I mean... what's not to like?

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

How does it compare to Xenoblade Chronic-les?

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

fozzy fosbourne posted:

Absolutely better in almost every way besides British VA and a better story

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Moriatti posted:

Or is it bad? Why?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYrsFWOBsAQ

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Buy Xenoblade or go to HELL

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Louisgod posted:

I agree with this statement. I saved myself from going to HELL and you can too!

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

davey4283 posted:

I've had this console since launch and I remember all the dust it gathered after I beat nsmbu. An entire year and a half went by until mario kart breathed fresh air into it.

You mean half a year until Pikmin 3 and Wonderful 101 breathed fresh air into it.

Sure half a year gathering dust still wasn't fun, but let's not exaggerate here

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

fozzy fosbourne posted:

From what I've seen so far, the environments are larger and prettier. I just got to a new region that's like a cross between Makna Forest and Satorl Marsh from the first game and I love it. It's so pretty! :swoon:

There's also more stuff to do, like launching probes and cracking open objects scattered around the planet for loot. Everything is clearly marked and easy to find, from Tyrant locations to probe spots, to quest objectives. Everything is super streamlined and user friendly.

The music... I am slowly warming up to. I didn't listen to any of it before actually playing the game. I still don't like the soundtrack as much as I liked the original's, but then Xenoblade Chronicles had one of the best game soundtracks I've ever heard so I'm not too disappointed.

I also miss the British VAs, but at least for your player avatar you can choose to give them either Shulk's or Fiora's voice and have your British that way. I picked Fiora's voice, because Fiora rocks.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Ok, I'm considering it now, which gender main character has the best VA?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Moriatti posted:

Ok, I'm considering it now, which gender main character has the best VA?

I dunno. Depends on preference. Both genders have a nice variety of choices. Have a look at this video and see which one you like best:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEz0Fa53B4s

Note: the "Classic" voices for both genders are Shulk and Fiora, respectively.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Louisgod posted:

young man in this thread we use a little word called "please"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Moriatti posted:

Or is it bad? Why?

It's ok. Exploration is fun.
Combat is decent.
Music is hit or miss, but good for the most part.
Story / quests / tons of systems are terrible.

• Locked thread