Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Baron posted:

You would think that the mod authors, if anyone, would know why keeping things simple and self contained is important, but alas...

HA! Many professional (as in, they get money, not that they are any good) software developers barely get this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I found a mod that adds Maxson's coat as standalone without the silly BOS undergear

:whatup:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Capn Beeb posted:

I found a mod that adds Maxson's coat as standalone without the silly BOS undergear

:whatup:
doesn't the "jackets of the wasteland" mod already do that w/ more jacket options?
https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3571/

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Fereydun posted:

doesn't the "jackets of the wasteland" mod already do that w/ more jacket options?

So it does, didn't see that earlier. Neat!

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

your evil twin posted:

Bit worried about the damage boosts to the Fat Man, though, since I've heard about (and seen youtube footage of) people getting unexpectedly blown to bits when it turns out that groups of Raiders sometimes include a guy in Power Armour with a Fat Man. With your damage boost and radius boost I imagine even a shot that misses by several metres with kill the player.

That has happened to me several times.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

watho posted:

That has happened to me several times.

Same, but it isnt as big a deal as you imagine, mainly because the fat man will kill you stone dead on most difficulties unbuffed anyway. Just keep your saves up to date. Oh also the amount of enemies that use the Fat Man isn't very high, I leveled to level 68 and even then only a handful of enemies ever had one. Its grenades that will ruin your day.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

It's driving me crazy that rain occlusion only works in a radius around you, but not as far as you can see rain. :psyduck:

A roofed settlement visibly has rain coming in everywhere but around you, which then disappears when you move closer to it. :psypop:

e: wrong thread

Ceebees
Nov 2, 2011

I'm intentionally being as verbose as possible in negotiations for my own amusement.

moot the hopple posted:

I would love a mod that tells you whether a piece of armor is regular, sturdy, or heavy because that crucial information is omitted for some stupid loving reason if there are any armor mods or legendary effects applied to it. Bethesda also used the same inventory graphic across all 3 types so the only way to really tell is equip a piece.

Well, you can also tell by comparing the armor values if you have a similar piece on you where you know the prefix already.

That said, holy gently caress yes this is awful and dumb and needs to be fixed.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Kea posted:

Same, but it isnt as big a deal as you imagine, mainly because the fat man will kill you stone dead on most difficulties unbuffed anyway. Just keep your saves up to date. Oh also the amount of enemies that use the Fat Man isn't very high, I leveled to level 68 and even then only a handful of enemies ever had one. Its grenades that will ruin your day.

It's always that one legendary raider who happens to have a loving nuka grenade in his pocket. That has ruined many of my days.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
How feasible is it to create a new radio station without the GECK? Assuming I were to just use FO4Edit.

It sort of annoys me how limited and poo poo a lot of the music chosen is. Even mods don't improve it a whole bunch. I'm sure the novelty of hearing songs about atomic power, radiation and other assorted things are a great fun distraction for about 5 minutes but when almost every god drat song includes one of those themes, it sort of stretches credibility.

Plus hardly any mods focus on Country, which is terrible since there's so much good stuff from that era that you could easily fill up an entire radio station with nothing but awesomeness. That's why I liked New Vegas, because it actually included some.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Ddraig posted:

How feasible is it to create a new radio station without the GECK? Assuming I were to just use FO4Edit.

It sort of annoys me how limited and poo poo a lot of the music chosen is. Even mods don't improve it a whole bunch. I'm sure the novelty of hearing songs about atomic power, radiation and other assorted things are a great fun distraction for about 5 minutes but when almost every god drat song includes one of those themes, it sort of stretches credibility.

Plus hardly any mods focus on Country, which is terrible since there's so much good stuff from that era that you could easily fill up an entire radio station with nothing but awesomeness. That's why I liked New Vegas, because it actually included some.

Right now its pretty much not possible, hence why one of th emods that does add other songs has to do it by adding them to the end of existing songs.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Fereydun posted:

This causes my game to crash. I want Piper's coat over my Vault suit! :argh:

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.

Kea posted:

Right now its pretty much not possible, hence why one of th emods that does add other songs has to do it by adding them to the end of existing songs.

Actually they figured out how to get around that limitation.

This mod resource seems to be able to get you rolling if you're looking to add a bunch of custom music (up to 111 tracks!)
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2741/

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Kea posted:

Figured so :(

Oh well, something to look forward to at least. The various radio mods do add more variety, but there's still a fairly large untapped pool of genres out there.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Prefab houses mod here looks pretty cool.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Was browsing the FO4 reddit when I saw this: https://imgur.com/a/Muh8W

From this post about console commands

It's a test gun range, with a weapon work bench and respawning raiders to test on. This will be amazing for the Any Mods Any Gun mod. I haven't tested it yet, so I don't know what's in the lockers. Using god mode (tgm) will let you craft what you want without hauling everything with you to there. Well, you will still need the base gun to mod if it's not available in those lockers.

code:
coc debugrange
code:
coc sanctuaryext
to go back to sanctuary

I liked the Any Mod Any Gun mod, but found it onerous to test my creations. Many items didn't work how I expected them to, so this will speed up the test process immensely.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

i'm really digging what you can do with the Greenhouse mod. i mean, not because i'm really into simulated farming or anything, just good to get some sunlight going instead of having to either open the base or rely entirely on electrical lights.

welcome to the factory floor, i'm going to put a bunch of vehicle props from Settlements Expanded with some scavenger stations here to make it look like my serfs are doing something halfway intelligent with them

this would probably make a cool lab if I knew how to decorate

e: loving settlements, every time I think I'm bored with them I have some other idea

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Zodium posted:

i'm really digging what you can do with the Greenhouse mod. i mean, not because i'm really into simulated farming or anything, just good to get some sunlight going instead of having to either open the base or rely entirely on electrical lights.

welcome to the factory floor, i'm going to put a bunch of vehicle props from Settlements Expanded with some scavenger stations here to make it look like my serfs are doing something halfway intelligent with them

this would probably make a cool lab if I knew how to decorate

e: loving settlements, every time I think I'm bored with them I have some other idea

I know exactly what you mean.

Warning, NSFW and huge, also really childish.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

actually I wonder if it's possible to rename settlers to serfs, I think that'd better represent my view of them. like what settling are they doing exactly, i'm doing all the work here while they collect a tato for me now and again at best

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Do farmers actually gather any of the crops over time and add them to the workbench like with the water purifiers and water? If not, that should be a thing.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Is there something I can do in FO4Edit to modify the Silver Submachine Gun but not the standard one? Kent says its really good before he gives it to you but it just uses the normal stats and I want to go maximum Shroud.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
I'm currently playing on Hard Mode. Was considering upping the difficulty to Very Hard... but after doing a bit of research, apparently both Very Hard mode and Survival mode have enemies do 200% damage while the player does 50% damage.

That doesn't sound much fun, and also means there's basically no difference between Very Hard and Survival? That seems a bit odd.

The only differences I know about is that Survival has a 3x greater chance of Legendary enemies compared to normal, while Very Hard has 2x.

I guess more Legendary enemies would make things a bit harder, but on the other hand stumbling upon more Legendary weapons would probably make things easier against all the other regular enemies.

Also apparently stimpacks and other healing items work slower on harder difficulty settings... so maybe stimpacks work more slowly on Survival compared to Very Hard?

I could use Iron Rose's [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222/?
]"Create Your Own Difficulty Rebalance"[/url] mod to make Survival mode's damage levels the same as Hard Mode... wondering if there would actually be any reason to do this, whether it would make some other aspects of the game tougher.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Pvt.Scott posted:

Do farmers actually gather any of the crops over time and add them to the workbench like with the water purifiers and water? If not, that should be a thing.

Yeah, but since you only get the surplus it's not as noticeable compared to the big purifiers.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Pvt.Scott posted:

Yes. Only if you have more Food than settlers though.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Ddraig posted:

I just listen to the classical station, or something outside, but I think supermutant radio needs to be a thing, featuring J.G. Thirlwell.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

your evil twin posted:

I'm currently playing on Hard Mode. Was considering upping the difficulty to Very Hard... but after doing a bit of research, apparently both Very Hard mode and Survival mode have enemies do 200% damage while the player does 50% damage.

That doesn't sound much fun, and also means there's basically no difference between Very Hard and Survival? That seems a bit odd.

The only differences I know about is that Survival has a 3x greater chance of Legendary enemies compared to normal, while Very Hard has 2x.

I guess more Legendary enemies would make things a bit harder, but on the other hand stumbling upon more Legendary weapons would probably make things easier against all the other regular enemies.

Also apparently stimpacks and other healing items work slower on harder difficulty settings... so maybe stimpacks work more slowly on Survival compared to Very Hard?

I could use Iron Rose's [url=http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222/?
]"Create Your Own Difficulty Rebalance"[/url] mod to make Survival mode's damage levels the same as Hard Mode... wondering if there would actually be any reason to do this, whether it would make some other aspects of the game tougher.

Survival mode stimpacks work INCREDIBLY slowly, seriously very very very slow. The increased legendary spawn doesnt help much cos most legendary weapons and armor are garbage. If you do play on survival or very hard i suggets minimum of 75% weapon damage with the weapon rebalance, but you can always play for a while and tune it.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

I feel like survival mode would work best if you and NPCs both did like 125% damage but you both did 200% damage head shots.

My ideal survival mode would be something like that + a thing where stimpacks only temporarily healed limb damage and you'd have to get patched up at a doctor for permanent limb healing.

Maybe a bleed-out mechanic too.

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Dec 12, 2015

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

I feel like survival mode would work best if you and NPCs both did like 125% damage but you both did 200% damage head shots.

My ideal survival mode would be something like that + a thing where stimpacks only temporarily healed limb damage and you'd have to get patched up at a doctor for permanent limb healing.

Maybe a bleed-out mechanic too.

Limb damage mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3075/ Seems a bit limited though, people are complaining about Stimpaks not healing enough.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Close, but I'm more going for the "temporary" angle as like a "I'm so hopped up on morphine I can't feel that my bones are no longer on the inside of my body" feeling.

Hell with that mod I may actually end up with more stimpacks than usual, since I won't be tempted to spend them to heal limb damage while my health is mostly full, so the game might actually be easier.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

Close, but I'm more going for the "temporary" angle as like a "I'm so hopped up on morphine I can't feel that my bones are no longer on the inside of my body" feeling.

Hell with that mod I may actually end up with more stimpacks than usual, since I won't be tempted to spend them to heal limb damage while my health is mostly full, so the game might actually be easier.

Ah ok. Well it's probably still harder, as you'll be a sitting duck most of the time. That being said, unless you're close to the city, you won't really meet a whole lot of enemies anyway, let alone strong ones.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I play with a couple of companions, plus cait in a suit of t60, the legendary mod spat out a slew of legendary mardcrobs at me on spectacle Isle, the mininuke was handy.
the balance in my game seems alright, as, if I am careless, I end up rekt. however, a raider plinking at me with a pipe is not going to do so much.

radio zoning would be nice though, so different parts of the wastes have their own soundtrack, or, the ability to make mixtapes for the pipboy, sometimes you have to batter some dudes while the ost from panty and stocking is blaring.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Just noticed that Homemaker adds guard post rugs. Meaning you can now place guards all over the place like at doorways and no longer need to use the barricade stations.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

Just noticed that Homemaker adds guard post rugs. Meaning you can now place guards all over the place like at doorways and no longer need to use the barricade stations.

Now I just need shakos and I can be Queen of the Wasteland.

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Hammerstein posted:

This was a separate mod some else had thought up that ended up getting duplicated by homemaker.
Fairly certain he'll figure out how I did my Convenient Stores mod and duplicate that too. :sigh:

Edit: Ah, looks like he went for rugs for shops too. I still think Cash Registers are the better way to go.

Amstrad fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Dec 13, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Amstrad posted:

This was a separate mod some else had thought up that ended up getting duplicated by homemaker.
Fairly certain he'll figure out how I did my Convenient Stores mod and duplicate that too. :sigh:

Does it matter if he works out how you did what you did?

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

Kea posted:

Does it matter if he works out how you did what you did?

Nope, I flat told him how I did it when he asked me.
I just feel.. protective? Territorial? I dunno.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."

Kea posted:

Survival mode stimpacks work INCREDIBLY slowly, seriously very very very slow. The increased legendary spawn doesnt help much cos most legendary weapons and armor are garbage. If you do play on survival or very hard i suggets minimum of 75% weapon damage with the weapon rebalance, but you can always play for a while and tune it.

Aha, that's good to know. I think I'll stick with Hard mode then, and if I find the game becoming easy I'll switch to Survival... but use the mod to make Survival have the damage ratios as Hard. So switching to Survival will simply slow the stimpack healing and increase legendary enemies.

Also tempted by Adjusted Encounter Zones. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/4078/

The mod lists altered level ranges... would be good to know what the level limits for those areas are like in the vanilla game, though! See how much of a difference it makes, whether it is too drastic.

your evil twin fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 13, 2015

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

your evil twin posted:

Aha, that's good to know. I think I'll stick with Hard mode then, and if I find the game becoming easy I'll switch to Survival... but use the mod to make Survival have the damage ratios as Hard. So Survival will slow the stimpack healing and increase legendary enemies.

Pretty much and I cannot emphasise enough when i say SLOW AS gently caress.

Baron
Nov 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Anyone using Mod Organizer for Fallout 4? I'm having an issue now where the textures from Armorsmith are not loading, and I suspect it's something to do with the wacky .ini settings. I've changed everything I can think of in both MO and the real .ini's, and nothing works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Why why why isn't there just a standardized program to install mods with? This is too complicated for my primitive brain. Where did FOMM go? I thought everyone used that for fallout 3 and NV?

edit: Anyone got a recommendation on item sorting mods? Seems like there is a couple out there and the one in the OP seems to go overboard with trying to sort Junk.

Broose fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 13, 2015

• Locked thread