Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Tip for everyone getting this game: Turn your look speed up to 100 ASAP, and also turn off screen shaking and see if you like it. While screen shake adds a degree of charm, I think it's outweighed by being able to take in the explosions more clearly. Also 100 look speed is nothing if you've played any fair amount of console shooters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

Despite the fact I've spent way too much money on games already this month I went ahead and bought this stupid game just now. I played the hell out of the ps3 version, so what the hell. PSN Happy_Hedonist.

Happy Hedonist fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 12, 2015

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

ElwoodCuse posted:

Does anyone have the Google doc spreadsheet with the list of weapons, missions, and loot drops?

I have this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz_C5yIrwVrucXJQd0tsS3VXdWs/edit which was for 2025

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT
Thanks to Obsurveyor for the hot tip of putting power posts on the Vegalta. My obvious extension of ZER turrets on each leg didn't work quite so well, but thanks!

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
So am I imagining it, or does this version of the game have significantly altered missions from 2025, and some from 2017 updated with new enemies and wave compositions? I'm not entirely up to date on what's new and what isn't.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I found one of those for edf2 forever ago but now I can't find it :smith:

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

So am I imagining it, or does this version of the game have significantly altered missions from 2025, and some from 2017 updated with new enemies and wave compositions? I'm not entirely up to date on what's new and what isn't.
Yes. Many of the original 2025 missions are heavily modified via either additional enemies, changed enemies, changed mission "flow", additional missions, and extra events in-mission. Even the very first mission is changed. There's some new guns, too, but the anime waifu-decoy launchers from 2025 seem to be gone. Not that they were any good

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
I noticed the armor piercing slug shotgun pretty early on; I like where that line is headed. The mission Brute Force seems to be just like the old 2017 mission but with shield bearers to make it harder. That was pretty hectic.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I hope they copied the flak shotgun from IA, that thing was amazing.

Arach
Oct 3, 2003

Dive! Dive! Di... are you diving yet?
Grimey Drawer
So what's the story with disabling the weapon limiter in multiplayer?

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

I can't help it, my favorite class is still the ranger. I'm going to force myself to try the Wing Diver this time, but I have a feeling I'll be playing the good ole foot soldier again before too long. Please help.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Arach posted:

So what's the story with disabling the weapon limiter in multiplayer?
Edit: I'm bad.

Neo Helbeast posted:

That is incorrect, it's get to 70% online level completion.

e: clarity

gibbed fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Dec 13, 2015

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Wanna play some multiplayer in goty 2015-infinity

Psn Herr_Pink

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

ElwoodCuse posted:

Does anyone have the Google doc spreadsheet with the list of weapons, missions, and loot drops?

Mission 86 Inferno drops everything to 100. It's the premier grinding level.

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

gibbed posted:

Get to 70% of weapons unlocked.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Neo Helbeast posted:

I'm up to 5% so far! :v:

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Neo Helbeast posted:

It's really funny because that's what I meant, but not what I posted. Shows me for posting while distracted. :v:

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Me and a friend need help for level 38 hard!! We keep getting so close.. Made a room titled "BUG BLASTING BUDDIES", join it or message gimearubdown !

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Is grenade cancelling still a thing?

Moochewmoo
May 13, 2009
Can someone explain fencer for an idiot? I keep wanting to play the class but everything is so cripplingly unresponsive. If I try and shoot something the animations are so long that I easily get overwhelmed and slaughtered.

I've had really good luck with the air lady but having ammo tied pretty much directly to movement is getting me killed at the worst times. The air support dude seems really fun when you have a good vehicle, but so far I've gotten awful tanks and a walker that explodes when spiders look at it. The crawler mech is cool but I can't get a decent replacement one.

How does the ranger compare to the other 3?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Wing Divers should always, always bring a Rapier, Thunder Bow or Idunn. Those are all strong weapons with generally decent ammo counts. Your energy recharges faster from empty, so don't be afraid to run out if you're in position or if your ammo weapon is charged. You can also try the plasma grenades and MX weapons while charging, but they tend to be weak.

Ranger is the general purpose no frills shootman. He tends to be more long range compared to Wing Diver's wide range. Little to no windup on anything and lots of fast projectiles (except for gimmick walking speed ones). Get used to rolling everywhere for speed and safety.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Dec 13, 2015

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

these godzilla stages are just bad

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer
Best co-op ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s97W3PToTUM

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight
After playing for 9 hours straight, how the hell do you even use Balaams?

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

MaNiAk posted:

After playing for 9 hours straight, how the hell do you even use Balaams?

you walk up and mash r1 and l1 until either you or it dies

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I finally learned how to use the Balam correctly and it has made Erginus a joke. To do the downward slam and uppercut it's R1-R1-L1-R1 or L1-L1-R1-L1. The L3 is to get up from knockdowns faster but it's super finicky and works like half the time for me.

MaNiAk
Jan 1, 2005

Hi my name is Doxylamine Succinate, I will be serving you tonight

Marogareh posted:

I finally learned how to use the Balam correctly and it has made Erginus a joke. To do the downward slam and uppercut it's R1-R1-L1-R1 or L1-L1-R1-L1. The L3 is to get up from knockdowns faster but it's super finicky and works like half the time for me.

That actually makes more sense, we thought it was to scrape ants off ourselves.

Hornet
Nov 13, 2007
Gamer

MaNiAk posted:

That actually makes more sense, we thought it was to scrape ants off ourselves.

I thought it was just to look cool.

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Moochewmoo posted:

Can someone explain fencer for an idiot? I keep wanting to play the class but everything is so cripplingly unresponsive. If I try and shoot something the animations are so long that I easily get overwhelmed and slaughtered.

I've had really good luck with the air lady but having ammo tied pretty much directly to movement is getting me killed at the worst times. The air support dude seems really fun when you have a good vehicle, but so far I've gotten awful tanks and a walker that explodes when spiders look at it. The crawler mech is cool but I can't get a decent replacement one.

How does the ranger compare to the other 3?

I'm at mission 65 on hard as Fencer and I have no idea how to survive without using boost cancel. My secondary slots are always equipped with the lvl 14 javalen catapult and a boost weapon like a blast spear. Hold fire button with javelin, spam boost and you can boost 300 times in a row until you have to reload the javelins. Most of the time I'm boosting around looking for a good time to shoot my cannons or missiles at the enemy, but a good spear really helps too. I'm usually the last one alive on the tough missions so I can just kite and shoot my spear inbetween boosts at all the bugs chasing me, it works really well if it can penetrate

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Started a room, Goon Defense Force. I'm Herr_Pink, send me a message to join.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

dis astranagant posted:

Wing Divers should always, always bring a Rapier, Thunder Bow or Idunn. Those are all strong weapons with generally decent ammo counts. Your energy recharges faster from empty, so don't be afraid to run out if you're in position or if your ammo weapon is charged. You can also try the plasma grenades and MX weapons while charging, but they tend to be weak.

Depends on the difficulty and weapon level allowed. Grom SS and Laser Chainsaw are the best if you can use them on Hard. Grom SS is like a Thunder 20 on crack, and costs way less to reload.

Trash Trick fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Dec 13, 2015

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Gentlemen...we have achieved Peak EDF.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

I got a "It's not like I consider you my superior officer or anything" when recruiting an npc, which I think has to be the best possible line.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

so what are all the controls for the walking fortress balam?

edit: recruiting? how do you do that?

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Deviant posted:

edit: recruiting? how do you do that?

You go up to a npc with a little triangle over their head and they'll come fight with you.

Happy Hedonist
Jan 18, 2009

How do you make your character sing more than one line of the amazing songs? THE EDF DEPLOYS!!

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Happy Hedonist posted:

How do you make your character sing more than one line of the amazing songs? THE EDF DEPLOYS!!

You can put all the parts on the wheel you get when you use the touchpad.

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
^^ Either that or you input it one line at a time, it's in the ingame D-pad menu, under Shout > Sing.

Anyone else been having lots of disconnects? I've had more in less than a week than I ever had with the JP version.

A Pleasant Hug
Dec 30, 2007

...It's the thought that counts, right?
This game is truly the greatest game.

https://youtu.be/9EJWg5ADIxk
https://youtu.be/DvBMvADx8WM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I, Butthole
Jun 30, 2007

Begin the operations of the gas chambers, gas schools, gas universities, gas libraries, gas museums, gas dance halls, and gas threads, etcetera.
I DEMAND IT

agreed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=656EFc-7Edw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dhtIWmVRdio