Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

"So... you're finally here, Squall. I didn't think you would follow me all the way to the end of time itself. Are you prepared? This last battle... it will determine both our fates. I'm almost... I'm almost excited. [draws Triple Triad deck] Now... draw!" -- Seifer, Final Fantasy VIII

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
"Don't blame me, blame yourself, or God."

-Ness, Earthbound

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I'm a cleaner. I can feel no remorse over seein' a dead body.

Hurts, doesn't it?

FFFFUCK YOU!

That gun holds seven bullets. You can't fool me. I'm a professional.

Gray
Nov 3, 2012

Ryoshi posted:

But these Stacey fans, they're not gonna be fooled by illusions anymore! I'm cummin'! I'm cummin'!

These dudes have got energy to spare! We're talking guys who beat off four times a day!

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

:toot: My name is Harry Mason, I'm in town on vacation :toot:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Ryoshi posted:

But these Stacey fans, they're not gonna be fooled by illusions anymore! I'm cummin'! I'm cummin'!

Nobody wears a t-shirt that says Texas bronco... except in Texas.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

:black101:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHJg6nJbL-k

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Shoot me!

You'll think you'll die and everything will be sugar and rainbows?

What do you want from me?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
The touch...of GOD!!!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
GET DOWN HERE! It's not fair if I have all the fun. - Peter Van Doorn, hero of earth.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

legoman727 posted:

GET DOWN HERE! It's not fair if I have all the fun. - Peter Van Doorn, hero of earth.

I WON'T GO DOWN WITHOUT A FIGHT!

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

"N*gger" - Bowser, Mario Kart 8

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

"N*gger" - Bowser, Mario Kart 8
"The video was edited. My client did not say that. And we can prove that Princess Peach, in her capacity on the Mushroom Kingdom Kart Racing board of directors, is responsible for this heinous libel." -- Ludwig von Koopa, acting as Bowser's attorney, Mario Party 10

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

"This body is a sword, this place, a burial ground. Those who wish to die, come forth!" - Ranmaru Mori, battle of Honnoji, Samurai Warriors.

All the funnier because he has a girly voice and even more so if you follow it with a musou combo that kills 110 men. This is flat out one of the best moments of all the Warriors games and one of the best battles to play because it's just wave after wave of enemies being sent at you until the enemy commander just basically decides "gently caress it, send everyone at him" (not an actual quote).

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night

Death Zebra posted:

"This body is a sword, this place, a burial ground. Those who wish to die, come forth!" - Ranmaru Mori, battle of Honnoji, Samurai Warriors.

All the funnier because he has a girly voice and even more so if you follow it with a musou combo that kills 110 men. This is flat out one of the best moments of all the Warriors games and one of the best battles to play because it's just wave after wave of enemies being sent at you until the enemy commander just basically decides "gently caress it, send everyone at him" (not an actual quote).

I'm going to make myself look like a goddamned idiot, but I just always thought Ranmaru Mori was a girl. Jeez. The only game I played with him in it was Warriors Orochi 3 and I know nothing about actual Japanese history so I don't know any names or anything... I don't know, it made sense. Wow I'm thick.

Gloryhold It!
Sep 22, 2008

Fucking
Adorable
At least you didn't have a huge crush on him and make him your waifu like my ex roommate did. Seeing his crushing disappointment when he realized that Ranmaru was actually a guy was one of the better moments of the past few years.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

pussy riot police posted:

At least you didn't have a huge crush on him and make him your waifu like my ex roommate did. Seeing his crushing disappointment when he realized that Ranmaru was actually a guy was one of the better moments of the past few years.

Hahaha oh my. That's wonderful.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Spit spit spit
Saliva spit spit
Do you want some gum?
Get yer own, twit.

Do you know whose bones are on display here?
The answer is... your bones.
My bones.
Bone's bones.
Bone bone bone.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Attack me if you dare, I will crush you!

DrSnakeLaser
Sep 6, 2011

Rot in hell Dale Spooner.

Whispering Oaks! poo poo, I used to come here as a kid!

it fills you with DETERMINATION.

They look like monsters to you?

And that's how my story ended.

For the Overlord! :haw:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

DrSnakeLaser posted:

For the Overlord! :haw:

Oh! I forgot all about the minions.

Good wolfy!

For yoooooouu!
For me!

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Butt Ox posted:

Spit spit spit
Saliva spit spit
Do you want some gum?
Get yer own, twit.

Do you know whose bones are on display here?
The answer is... your bones.
My bones.
Bone's bones.
Bone bone bone.

Spankety, spankety, spankety!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
"Behold the castle that was built in one day! What GENIUS could have done this, you say? It's the Hideyoshi, Hideyoshi we say! He built the castle in just one day, wee! It's Hideyoshi, Hideyoshi we praise! He built the castle in just one day........"

"You are a leader of me. I am a leader of leaders. Therein lies the difference."

"Come, Nemesis!"

"If one musket fires while the other reloads, than continuous fire can be achieved."

"That continuous motion... they are using the wheel formation! Let us counter with the crane formation!"

Arc Hammer has a new favorite as of 20:17 on Dec 14, 2015

Death Zebra
May 14, 2014

alpha_destroy posted:

I'm going to make myself look like a goddamned idiot, but I just always thought Ranmaru Mori was a girl. Jeez. The only game I played with him in it was Warriors Orochi 3 and I know nothing about actual Japanese history so I don't know any names or anything... I don't know, it made sense. Wow I'm thick.

In your defense he tends to be voiced by a woman. He looks and sounds even more womanly in SW2. I think he's even captured in one game due to the mistaken impression that he's one.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
This is a Corellian YT-300 freighter. I dunno where this poo poo came from.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Death Zebra posted:

In your defense he tends to be voiced by a woman. He looks and sounds even more womanly in SW2. I think he's even captured in one game due to the mistaken impression that he's one.

Speaking of KOEI and poo poo, I can't believe we haven't gotten to this line yet:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5iqaZoiL1as

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
How about a game of Russian Roulette? IF you lose, you need to kill the president of the UnitedStates.

And if I win?

I'll teach you how to pick up women with a 100% rate of success.

GOTTA GET A GRIP

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Anatharon posted:

How about a game of Russian Roulette? IF you lose, you need to kill the president of the UnitedStates.

And if I win?

I'll teach you how to pick up women with a 100% rate of success.

Killer 7 had a bunch of weird as gently caress dialogue

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Deep into that darkness peering,
long I stood there,
wondering, fearing, doubting

- Edgar Allen Poe, quoted in a game inspired by the works of Lovecraft instead

MrCobaiiiiiiiiin
Oct 19, 2011

Beware, coward! I live. Run! Run! Run! I hunger. I am Sinistar.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

This comes from my best friend in grade school.

Real lyrics: I feel so alone/Gonna end up a big ole pile of them bones.

What he heard: I feel so alone/Good enough for Bagel Bites

What I heard and argued with him over: I feel so alone/Good enough for a big ole bite of them bones.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

NotAnArtist posted:

Killer 7 had a bunch of weird as gently caress dialogue

I wish you all the luck, and die like a dog. Then laugh it off. I'll be waiting for you with a grin as wide as the truth.

Killer7 is amazing and I could probably quote half of it from memory. Shame about Suda's later works, though...

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
:smug: Ah, the Godchild has awoken. It is time for more... experiments. The pain will only be passing, you should survive the process.

:crossarms:Do you even realize your potential?

:awesomelon: MORE. INTRUDERS. HAVE ENTERED. THE COMPLEX. MASTER.

:bahgawd: They act sooner than we had anticipated! No matter, this should only prove a slight delay.

:ssj: You dare attack me here!? Do you even know whom you face!?

:flame: You will suffer! You will all suffer! *Murders the poo poo out of a half-dozen attackers*

:smug: So godchild, you have escaped. You are more resourceful than I had thought.

:ohdear: You're not going to torture us any longer!

:smug: Torture? Silly girl, you just don't understand what I'm doing, do you?

:stonklol: I don't care what you're doing, let us go!

:nono: I won't let you leave, not when I'm so close to unlocking your power!

:nyd: We don't want anything from you!

:rant: Enough! I will no longer listen to the babbling of ignorant children.

:science: This, is an unsanctioned use of Magical Energy! All involved will be held! This disturbance, is over.

:black101: Must I be interrupted at every turn! ENOUGH OF THIS! *MORE MURDER*

:gonk: This mage's power is immense! We must overcome him quickly!

:black101: Enough! I haven't the time for this!

:airquote: You will cease your "spell-casting" and come with us!

:black101: Your pathetic magics are useless! Let. This. End.

:toughguy: Even if we fall, our numbers are many. You will be overwhelmed.

:jerkbag: You bore me mageling. You may take me in, but you will take the girl as well.

:gonk: WHAT? NO! I've done nothing wrong!

:science: You have been involved in illegal use of magic! You will come with us!

:gonk: I'm not going with him! I'm not! HELP ME! PLEASE!

*Player: Well now what the gently caress do I do?*

theshim
May 1, 2012

RickVoid posted:

:smug: Ah, the Child of Bhaal has awoken. It is time for more... experiments. The pain will only be passing, you should survive the process.
Of all the lines to get wrong, you pick the first?

On that note:

I cannot be caged.

I cannot be controlled.

Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

theshim posted:

Of all the lines to get wrong, you pick the first?

I submit that I did miss a line there, but what I have is, at least, correct.

And yes, all of Irenicus' dialogue is amazing. I could basically just quote his entire script.

theshim
May 1, 2012

RickVoid posted:

I submit that I did miss a line there, but what I have is, at least, correct.

And yes, all of Irenicus' dialogue is amazing. I could basically just quote his entire script.
Absolutely. David Warner is a goddamn treasure.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Neener neener bleh!

Battle routine set!

GIRL BRAINS
Sep 5, 2011

The gods are small birds
Ah, Kos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.
Bayonetta: "The shadow remains cast!"

• Locked thread