Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

Apparently if you bought a stack of companion gifts from someone who was banned/suspended, they are suspending you as well

That seems harsh if true. How could you know you were facilitating an exploit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Medullah posted:

To be fair, right now they are banning a LOT of people that may not have knowingly participated. Apparently if you bought a stack of companion gifts from someone who was banned/suspended, they are suspending you as well - you can fight it, but I have a feeling that the amount of time to get a response will be equal to or longer than the actual suspension.

Where are you getting this information? Because if I was banned for exploiting I'd probably tell people "I didn't do it!" too.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Verranicus posted:

Where are you getting this information? Because if I was banned for exploiting I'd probably tell people "I didn't do it!" too.

Pretty much this. I was a WoW GM, and EVERYONE who got banned for exploiting claimed to not know they were involved, even with chat logs proving otherwise.

Luminous Cow
Nov 2, 2007

Well you know there should be no law
on people that want to smoke a little dope.
Well you know it's good for your head
And it relax your body don't you know.

:420:

Ainsley McTree posted:

Making video games seems like such thankless work on account of how everyone who plays and talks about them is horrible

I avoid mentioning I play video games to people because I think they'll associate me with mountain dew swilling, doritos taco eating man children when really I just like playing space person dress up in star wars.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Verranicus posted:

From The official forums

Eric Musco posted:

Hey folks,

One of the things we have seen a lot of questions and comments about is what we are doing about accounts which have actively participated in helping exploiters to launder their ill-gotten gains. We are actively investigating these accounts, and we are doing so just as vigorously as the exploiters themselves. In situations that we have found players not only exploited, but are then trying to hide their actions through laundering, we are increasing the severity of the action we take against them. You can see examples of the action we are taking in my previous post.

We can see that in many of these cases, accounts have not only intentionally laundered credits through their guilds and friends, but that they have sent credits and items randomly to other accounts in an attempt to throw off our data. If you received credits or items through trade or in-game mail, and you feel that they were sent to you from someone who likely exploited, leave the items/credits alone. Don’t try to return them or send them to other accounts.

Additionally, feel free to PM me your information:
• Character name and server
• What you received

For users that we can identify as being unintentional recipients, they will have the items/credits stripped, it is unlikely further action will be taken.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Luminous Cow posted:

I avoid mentioning I play video games to people because I think they'll associate me with mountain dew swilling, doritos taco eating man children when really I just like playing space barbie dress up in star wars.

FTFY

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

B-Mac posted:

On the same note does anyone have a good idea for consular outfits? Gonna start one soon and NEED to lay princess dressup.

On my Consular I wore the Voss Social Armour (the white kind) forever and I think it still is one of the best looking Sage-like looks in the game

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

Waffles Inc. posted:

On my Consular I wore the Voss Social Armour (the white kind) forever and I think it still is one of the best looking Sage-like looks in the game

Those looks sweet but unfortunately I don't have social V on any class.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

B-Mac posted:

Those looks sweet but unfortunately I don't have social V on any class.

There are actually a ton of clothes that use the same models and aren't restricted by social points. The only difference was the color, and the dye system makes that kinda moot.

Scroll down this page to see all the similar items in the game.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

I'm not really seeing anything that suggests innocent people are being banned, just that they'd rather people who randomly got a massive sum of laundered credits dumped on them not spread them around even further to make their tracking even harder.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pre-dye, they had a tendency to re-use armor models a lot with different colors.

They still do that now but when they do they change dye locations.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Verranicus posted:

I'm not really seeing anything that suggests innocent people are being banned, just that they'd rather people who randomly got a massive sum of laundered credits dumped on them not spread them around even further to make their tracking even harder.

Yeah, I guess not banned - but items/money taken away. So, say you bought a stack of companion gifts that were from the duping bug - you log in today and find that stack of 99 gifts you paid 3 million for gone.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Ended up getting the Matriarchal set

http://tor-fashion.com/matriarchal/

Thanks for the help though, pretty princess gogo!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Haha, there are some people threatening to quit because repair costs were fixed.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
I mean it worked with companions so why not try? This is why you don't negotiate with terrorists/people who post on MMO forums.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Medullah posted:

Yeah, I guess not banned - but items/money taken away. So, say you bought a stack of companion gifts that were from the duping bug - you log in today and find that stack of 99 gifts you paid 3 million for gone.
I read that statement more that if someone randomly sent you stuff that was exploited in the mail and you accepted it (which is how they were laundering it) that you'd be in trouble as opposed to buying it from the GTN since as you said, you'd have basically no way of knowing that they were from exploits.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Anyway, on a different topic someone suggested I turn jawa junk into things that would convert to exotic isotope stabilisers before the patch hit (Medullah maybe?). Whoever that person was is a good person because as noted yesterday they're now selling for 40k each and I had two stacks of them so :homebrew:. Consequently I have spent some time playing dressup with some of the new stuff that's been introduced in KotFE and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Pierson, you asked about a basic sort of Jedi looking thing that's not super heavily armoured and I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with on my Shadow (who I'm intending to follow that cool chart on as my Republic guy for maximum story) considering every piece is from a different set :v::

I also took the time to overhaul my Commando a bit because as of KotFE there isn't really much of a Republic presence to be all hoo-rah about. Plus Nico Okarr's coat looks pretty great in black (has an actual leather texture) and fits Gallantry really nicely. Ended up with kind of a cyberpunky look that I like a lot:

And I finally settled on using my level 60 token thing on a Vanguard because the Trooper story is garbage and I'm not doing it again:

Bonus glamour shot of Nonentity's new Farmhand Blue crystal:

It's kind of like the Cyan crystal but a much nicer colour.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Mercurius posted:

Anyway, on a different topic someone suggested I turn jawa junk into things that would convert to exotic isotope stabilisers before the patch hit (Medullah maybe?). Whoever that person was is a good person because as noted yesterday they're now selling for 40k each and I had two stacks of them so :homebrew:. Consequently I have spent some time playing dressup with some of the new stuff that's been introduced in KotFE and I'm pretty pleased with the results.

Pierson, you asked about a basic sort of Jedi looking thing that's not super heavily armoured and I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with on my Shadow (who I'm intending to follow that cool chart on as my Republic guy for maximum story) considering every piece is from a different set :v::

I also took the time to overhaul my Commando a bit because as of KotFE there isn't really much of a Republic presence to be all hoo-rah about. Plus Nico Okarr's coat looks pretty great in black (has an actual leather texture) and fits Gallantry really nicely. Ended up with kind of a cyberpunky look that I like a lot:

And I finally settled on using my level 60 token thing on a Vanguard because the Trooper story is garbage and I'm not doing it again:

Bonus glamour shot of Nonentity's new Farmhand Blue crystal:

It's kind of like the Cyan crystal but a much nicer colour.

What is the Jedi's chest piece?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Mercurius posted:

Anyway, on a different topic someone suggested I turn jawa junk into things that would convert to exotic isotope stabilisers before the patch hit (Medullah maybe?). Whoever that person was is a good person because as noted yesterday they're now selling for 40k each and I had two stacks of them so :homebrew:.

Yep I ended up with close to 1000 of them when 4.0 hit. Helps immensely crafting endgame hilts and barrels when I don't have to care about that mat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I did like 7 because gently caress if I'm submitting that stupid confirmation pop-up each time. Not worth the money.

Even if it would have been like 50 million.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Verranicus posted:

What is the Jedi's chest piece?

From the Lana Beniko set.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

I did like 7 because gently caress if I'm submitting that stupid confirmation pop-up each time. Not worth the money.

Even if it would have been like 50 million.

Huh? What confirmation? When you traded the jawa junk for items?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

Huh? What confirmation? When you traded the jawa junk for items?

Yes, it pops up a Yes/No prompt every time.

if there's a way to suppress that, well I blame all of you because I asked a bunch of times and nobody ever said anything.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Yes, it pops up a Yes/No prompt every time.

if there's a way to suppress that, well I blame all of you because I asked a bunch of times and nobody ever said anything.

You can't suppress it, but you can hold shift and buy a bunch of them at a time. So if you had 99 blue jawa junks you could buy 99 of the blue mats with one confirmation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's weird. I tried every combination of Shift/Ctrl/Alt and left/right click at the time and none would let me buy in bulk.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pube Ship living up to it's sexy reputation.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

From the Lana Beniko set.

The OTHER Jedi chestpiece (at the top) is a model from an old raid set that's recently been recycled as a legacy piece that you can get from Alliance rewards, among other things.

I put this guy's outfit together entirely from the new legacy versions of old raid gear. This is the default color scheme for that chestpiece:

I have since put a "farmhand" crystal in that lightsaber :)

Edit:

P.S. That outfit goes great with this badass speeder. Thanks again nonentity!

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 13, 2015

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Some more pics

FYI all of those have been added to the Goon Fashion Gallery

Have a look to see the best and worst dressed of 2015.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

FYI all of those have been added to the Goon Fashion Gallery

Have a look to see the best and worst dressed of 2015.

I decided to trade in my marauder's Cathar Honor Sword and Chopper for Gree Lightsabers because I learned the Black-Red crystal schematic and thought they looked pretty badass. Decided to dye the conquered Exarch's armor black and red as well and I think it looks pretty drat sweet.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

Nerd Of Prey posted:

The OTHER Jedi chestpiece (at the top) is a model from an old raid set that's recently been recycled as a legacy piece that you can get from Alliance rewards, among other things

Now I'm confused...

That chest is the Outlander Scavenger chest (Force Alliance pack) with Light Brown dye. There aren't any of the Alliance reward chest pieces in Mercurius' post.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I decided to trade in my marauder's Cathar Honor Sword and Chopper for Gree Lightsabers because I learned the Black-Red crystal schematic and thought they looked pretty badass. Decided to dye the conquered Exarch's armor black and red as well and I think it looks pretty drat sweet.

Added.

I had the same armor on my Jugg (with that dye combo) for a while until I got the Sith Recluse chestpiece.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Now I'm confused...

That chest is the Outlander Scavenger chest (Force Alliance pack) with Light Brown dye. There aren't any of the Alliance reward chest pieces in Mercurius' post.

Well, it's clearly the same model, but I guess that's another way to get it! I noticed that some of the old legacy companion gear from Yavin also uses that model. Thus "among other things."

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Not the most newbie-friendly outfit to obtain, but that's a full set of Dreadseed armour with a black/black dye (thanks, Cantina code) , the Juggernaut's legacy mask (Juggernaut's Renowned Headgear) and the awesome Volatile Derelict Lightsaber.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Dreadseed armor is only gathered by completing the 4+ quests and doing seeker droid stuff, so I know you're dead inside.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Now I'm confused...

Yeah, it's this. I bought it off the GTN.

I've only used a single dye thing (I think it's a primary pale brown module or something similar) in the chestpiece because everything else recolours the metal plates and I like them the colour they are. Used I think a brown/brown module in the pants and a black/brown on the boots, both of which I was lucky enough to get from cantina codes on that character.

Ugh I've just noticed that the gloves aren't quite the same colour as the dark brown stuff on the chestpiece :suicide:. Time to find a workable dark brown dye module :(

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

One is probably Deep and the other Dark. Bioware is cruel.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Aphrodite posted:

One is probably Deep and the other Dark. Bioware is cruel.
Yep, spot on. They were Deep and needed to be Dark :shepicide:

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

So I just realized you can't fly to Odessen anymore before you get there in the story. How am I supposed to dump my alt's data crystals now? There's no rank 6 gift vendor anywhere else right?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Whats the best class, storyline wise, to go through the expansions with? Obviously you want to do all 8 through chapter 3, and I guess the epilogue, but since everything else is the same for all classes, which seems to fit the best?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Turbl posted:

So I just realized you can't fly to Odessen anymore before you get there in the story. How am I supposed to dump my alt's data crystals now? There's no rank 6 gift vendor anywhere else right?

Not sure if you can purchase it if you didn't already, but there is a priority transport legacy perk to go there -

Edit - Just checked, looks like you can get it but requires level 55. I know a lot of powerleveling tricks involved flying out there as soon as you could and doing the "You're still alive!" quest, that's probably why they took it off the map. Not to mention *lore wise* you probably shouldn't be able to go there without doing KOTFE anyway. :D

Medullah fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Dec 13, 2015

• Locked thread