Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

lfield posted:

If you don't know Cisalpine and Transalpine Gaul you need to study your Roman history.

e:

subpar anachronism posted:

American living in Canada. My father posted this bullshit.

What I learned from this video:
Some clinics are closed on Sunday. They only try one.

When you come into the ER with a fake wrist sprain, you are not taken very seriously in relation to people who are actually in need of care, having heart attacks and stuff. What kind of person believes that it's first come first serve in an ER, or that even if their wrist was sprained that it isn't just best to wait for the clinic to open on Monday?

When you can't get a random blood test they let themselves be referred to a private (expensive) clinic. Because Canada's not interested in wasting tax dollars on fakers. They guys from the video act like this is their only, only option. gently caress these guys.

So, in conclusion: as warped a view as I expected.

My uncle (former Canadian, living in the US) actually said, almost verbatim, that people who can't access medical care didn't work hard enough to deserve it. WAT

cash crab has a new favorite as of 03:01 on Dec 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

EXAKT Science posted:

Some of us have identities that fall outside of the traditional gender binary, and feel that neither the masculine nor feminine pronoun set is accurate to apply to us.

Kind of. Male/female can be loaded terms as they apply to identity, and should really only be used to talk about someone's gender assignment at birth. Generally, man/woman or masculine/feminine are far better terms.

As far as the singular they being grammatically incorrect, I have news for you!

The Mx. in that article has an account here, but I don't think they've been on in years.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Military, police, firefighting - The fight is ongoing, with no clear winner. SJWs have scored some significant wins by shaming these institutions into adopting lower standards for females so that at least one or a few qualify in every graduating class. Lowering standards in life-and-death professions literally puts human lives at risk, so this is arguably a bigger infraction than anything else SJWs have done in any other domain. There was also an incident where soldiers were forced to wear high heels in some sort of mandated demonstration under threat of disciplinary action. That's just cruel and inhumane. More attention needs to be paid to this front.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

oldpainless posted:

I liked dirty jobs with mike rowe

I did too until he posted this:

Which says this:

Yeah man, whatever.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

subpar anachronism posted:

American living in Canada. My father posted this bullshit.

What I learned from this video:
Some clinics are closed on Sunday. They only try one.

When you come into the ER with a fake wrist sprain, you are not taken very seriously in relation to people who are actually in need of care, having heart attacks and stuff. What kind of person believes that it's first come first serve in an ER, or that even if their wrist was sprained that it isn't just best to wait for the clinic to open on Monday?

When you can't get a random blood test they let themselves be referred to a private (expensive) clinic. Because Canada's not interested in wasting tax dollars on fakers. They guys from the video act like this is their only, only option. gently caress these guys.

So, in conclusion: as warped a view as I expected.

Part of that's almost lifted directly from a Steve Chowder tweet.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Honestly I don't keep up with this poo poo , I'm not even sure what CIS means.

They were the bad guys in those Star Wars prequels, which you'd know if you were a person like me who only reads R.A. Salvatore film novelizations.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Confederacy_of_Independent_Systems/Canon

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Bill Dungsroman posted:

I did too until he posted this:

Which says this:

Yeah man, whatever.

what's wrong with this?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

The Saddest Rhino posted:

what's wrong with this?

It's bootstraps.jpeg

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

oh okay, i didn't think of that. i was figuring these are relatively normal motivational things to apply to yourself, not on other people

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

what's wrong with this?

Also, point #6 seems to be saying that people who get shot by cops, even if they complied with all the cop's requests, are somehow responsible for getting shot by not being 'safe'.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

Arcsquad12 posted:

Anyways, here's some Canadian content. Trudeau won the election, so a lot of the more hardcore conservatives have been really salty. One of my highschool acquaintances is a hardline conservative, and he posted this the other day:

Has anyone done the thats it im moving to the us yet? It wont be bush era im moving to canada schadenfreude but it will still be funny.

lfield
May 10, 2008
"I am okay with the world not being fair" - Rich White Man

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Lamprey Cannon posted:

Also, point #6 seems to be saying that people who get shot by cops, even if they complied with all the cop's requests, are somehow responsible for getting shot by not being 'safe'.

huh, i read that as personal safety at work (like in construction), but it's probably because i do a lot of regulatory/compliance work and i know the ones written down are usually the bare minimum.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Lamprey Cannon posted:

You mean this guy who is walking, then crawling away from police while having ~30 rounds pumped into him in LA today didn't deserve it?

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

Lamprey Cannon posted:

How is that the first thing you jump to before OSHA compliance in dangerous, possibly even dirty, jobs.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

huh, i read that as personal safety at work (like in construction), but it's probably because i do a lot of regulatory/compliance work and i know the ones written down are usually the bare minimum.

That's kind of what I assumed. I just thought he was being sort of a weiner. What's the context for him posting that?

snergle posted:

Has anyone done the thats it im moving to the us yet? It wont be bush era im moving to canada schadenfreude but it will still be funny.

I doubt it. Even hyper conservative Canadians don't usually jive 100% with the sort of underlying political expectations of the US. We were founded differently and colonized very differently and continue to think differently. Some of the most hardcore conservative people I know would probably be considered moderate down there.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

lfield posted:

"I am okay with the world not being fair" - Rich White Man

Yeah, this from the guy who strolled into professional opera out of college and then got a job at QVC by crashing an interview on a dare.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Reading the article, he was gonna get shot. Unloading that many rounds into him MIGHT have been excessive.

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

idiots don't understand progress news at 11

cash crab posted:

That's kind of what I assumed. I just thought he was being sort of a weiner. What's the context for him posting that?

I doubt it. Even hyper conservative Canadians don't usually jive 100% with the sort of underlying political expectations of the US. We were founded differently and colonized very differently and continue to think differently. Some of the most hardcore conservative people I know would probably be considered moderate down there.

I dunno i've seen some insanely racist, progun, xenophobic, war hawk poo poo said by canadians. I think you're closer then you think.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

cash crab posted:

I've heard and still hear the exact same thing said about Europe. The only real difference between the US and the rest of the West is that, everywhere else, the more sensible conservatives know to distance themselves (at least officially) from the spiteful bigots bitching about how they have slightly less power over minorities than their parents and grandparents.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I still like dirty jobs with mike Rowe

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Is he complaining about DOAX 3 not being released in North America? That's the new hill to die on for GGs.

The really dumb thing is its clearly a business decision because the games are terrible and sold like poo poo. They are collections of bad mini games and then a bikini trading game. That was about it, and nothing says designed to appeal to a certain type of Japanese gamer than that. Playasia has been promoting that they're selling it as if it was some kind of subversive act. I've seen a lot of idiots getting them selves worked up over the stupid game.

I'm pretty sure they're the same people who are pissed off that there won't be any more Rapelay games.

SavTargaryen
Sep 11, 2011

twistedmentat posted:

Is he complaining about DOAX 3 not being released in North America? That's the new hill to die on for GGs.

The really dumb thing is its clearly a business decision because the games are terrible and sold like poo poo. They are collections of bad mini games and then a bikini trading game. That was about it, and nothing says designed to appeal to a certain type of Japanese gamer than that. Playasia has been promoting that they're selling it as if it was some kind of subversive act. I've seen a lot of idiots getting them selves worked up over the stupid game.

I'm pretty sure they're the same people who are pissed off that there won't be any more Rapelay games.

Nah, this is even better. There's just a ton of angrymans on the GameFAQs forums that Undertale is winning the pointless Best Game Ever contest.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

snergle posted:

Not that I've seen among my circle, but I have seen a lot of "this is a black day for our country, watch Trudeau run us into the ground by spending money on OTHER countries while our OWN PEOPLE SUFFER.

You know, apart from the fact that he's launched an inquiry into the missing and murdered Aboriginals, aka helping our own people. But whenever I see someone say "we should help our own people first!" my mind automatically rewords it to "they should help ME first!" I have never seen a single person complaining about us giving humanitarian aid ever voice their concerns for the native population. They're all just drunk indians to those hicks.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

SavTargaryen posted:

Nah, this is even better. There's just a ton of angrymans on the GameFAQs forums that Undertale is winning the pointless Best Game Ever contest.

Is it 'winning' as in 'actually beating one of the eternal duelling champions OoT and FFVII', or 'winning' as in 'still in the race after a couple rounds and maybe knocking out a favorite like Earthbound that never truly had a chance'?

Because those things are stupid as poo poo, and Undertale's clearly just there because it's popular right now, but I'd love to see it coast on through to kill off a big Zelda or Final Fantasy. Those things were always a stupid laughing stock, but it's still weird that people put stock in them after a Tetris block won a character contest.

Cleretic has a new favorite as of 08:30 on Dec 13, 2015

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Cleretic posted:

Is it 'winning' as in 'actually beating one of the eternal duelling champions OoT and FFVII', or 'winning' as in 'still in the race after a couple rounds and maybe knocking out a favorite like Earthbound that never truly had a chance'?

Because those things are stupid as poo poo, and Undertale's clearly just there because it's popular right now, but I'd love to see it coast on through to kill off a big Zelda or Final Fantasy. Those things were always a stupid laughing stock, but it's still weird that people put stock in them after a Tetris block won a character contest.

If it beats Melee, its en route to be in the grand finals against OoT.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Some Conservative Alberta tears were requested, so here we go

I like the blurb at the bottom. The oilsands industry only plants trees because the government forces them to; reclamation promises are part of the deal that allows them to rip up the land in the first place.

The response of the reasonable person is amazing.

I can't find any more at the moment, but I also don't feel like searching back through days of Facebook material.

This group used to be public, but I think it's now closed after the assassination threats posted there against the premier.

:bravo:

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
"Maya Didas" posted this whole thing, which seems like a dumber version of the SWEAT pledge.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Tumblr user feministabsurdity has some insights to share.

quote:

South Park and the fight back against idiocy

Over the last couple of weeks I have been keenly watching the latest season of South Park which appears to be tackling modern society and the acceptable idiocy within it.

South Park is controversial but it represents a very large majority of people; those who do not believe in this modern, post-liberal monstrosity that appears to have leaked its way in to every crack of daily life.

Most people are tired of political correctness and the dangers against free speech that it presents, and most of us are especially tired of the pretentious do gooders who conduct their ‘activism’ on Twitter or Tumblr when sitting on the toilet dropping a brown bomb.

People are tired of the concept of safe spaces and the people who feel entitled to one.

More and more people have woken up to the bullshit around them, and the fight back across media has begun where we will see this cancer finally scrubbed out of the pipes of our collective conscience and sent back to the pages of failed ideologies along with communism and the Marxism that these PC morons take inspiration from

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Blind Pineapple posted:

"Maya Didas" posted this whole thing, which seems like a dumber version of the SWEAT pledge.

Support our fundamentally broken systems or get out because African children or something. :argh:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

paradoxGentleman posted:

Tumblr user feministabsurdity has some insights to share.
I am happy every day to have the Chrome extension that changes "political correctness" to "treating people with respect" installed

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

"Every person in the United States is part of the 1% globally (because no one in the US makes less than $32,400 a year apparently)."

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Love that farm post. Children will not be allowed to work eight hour shifts doing menial labour?! What are we supposed to do, send them to SCHOOL?!

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Encountered this on my facebook feed this morning.

Thanks man, I never would have gotten it without those helpful annotations!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
A 19- or 20-year-old posted this on his mom's wall.

:nws: For chocolate penis.

Henchman of Santa has a new favorite as of 16:47 on Dec 13, 2015

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Wendell posted:

Love that farm post. Children will not be allowed to work eight hour shifts doing menial labour?! What are we supposed to do, send them to SCHOOL?!

I had the same reaction as one of the post's responses. Two hours to gather eggs? Even a factory farm doesn't take that long. Same for bottle-feeding calves unless you have a shitload of them, in which case gently caress you for making your kids bottle-feed that many calves. It's not nearly as cute and fun as it appears to be in those "Awwwww so :3:!!!!" photos people post who have never actually worked on a farm.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

The opposite of the preeminent tumblr stereotype is doughy nerds who obsessively collect (often fake or unrelated posts) and go on and on about how not offended. Yet they always seem... so... offended about everything. Makes u think

ps: blah blah public page

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

cash crab posted:

The opposite of the preeminent tumblr stereotype is doughy nerds who obsessively collect (often fake or unrelated posts) and go on and on about how not offended. Yet they always seem... so... offended about everything. Makes u think

ps: blah blah public page

No one but the commenter mentions triggering, and it's not even a tumblr post. Come on doughy nerds, at least get your poo poo straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackfish
Sep 12, 2007

we have to be prepared to smoke a thousand joints before our quest is complete