Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

That sounds extremely kickass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
They mention the arctic project is locking up more water in ice, so the Earth may be ok by then. Wouldn't be surprised if 3033 or similar was colonizing a water planet or something, though. because that *would* be super cool.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

metasynthetic posted:

They mention the arctic project is locking up more water in ice, so the Earth may be ok by then. Wouldn't be surprised if 3033 or similar was colonizing a water planet or something, though. because that *would* be super cool.

I'd play Rising Tide 3033.

Watch out for the krakens.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Efexeye posted:

You gotta figure that underwater will be another piece of DLC at some point...

That's what I'm hoping. It just makes sense to add underwater as another DLC attraction after doing orbit.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Yeah, I hope that beyond Tundra and Orbital they do an underwater and at least a couple of others. Arid/equatorial dry zone could be made to work (maybe with, like, a sci-fi tumbleweed western aesthetic?), maybe a biome similar to the Arctic and its guardian faction where a group is using :science: to forcibly regrow jungles in order to get access to :techno:-resources for consumer goods. Unless they're just going to completely drop the game, I'm sure someone's got a list of ideas tucked away. Also looking forward to launching goods directly from the bottom of the ocean into orbit!

I really hate hoping things about video games, though. Curse my frail vulnerability to human sensations!

LonsomeSon fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Nov 27, 2015

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

Deep core cities in giant geodes that float in the molten core of the earth, reached by hellavators.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

LonsomeSon posted:

Yeah, I hope that beyond Tundra and Orbital they do an underwater and at least a couple of others. Arid/equatorial dry zone could be made to work (maybe with, like, a sci-fi tumbleweed western aesthetic?), maybe a biome similar to the Arctic and its guardian faction where a group is using :science: to forcibly regrow jungles in order to get access to :techno:-resources for consumer goods. Unless they're just going to completely drop the game, I'm sure someone's got a list of ideas tucked away. Also looking forward to launching goods directly from the bottom of the ocean into orbit!

I really hate hoping things about video games, though. Curse my frail vulnerability to human sensations!

You could do either a desert biome or you could do mars, or both with similar aesthetics.

Also something like floating cities on the water maybe? Different resources would be nodes on the water you'd have to build like oil platforms on and stuff.

Lots of possibilities.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

My only reservation about new biomes is that the nature of the game requires them to exist within the eco(nomic)system of the existing game, which means I can't safely fill every inch of the existing maps.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

They're releasing more of them too!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Basically I want Dune Anno. Gimme the Arrakis DLC and I'll buy that poo poo up.

Anyways, just got around to building on the moon, and I'm super disappointed that the roads are just simple dirt roads. Why would you even need to build those? It would me so much cooler if you had like, airlock tunnels, and that'd make sense as something that had to be bought and constructed. Roads are the same thing the other biomes have! Make it unique. :smith:

Also really wish arctic and orbit had 3rd tiers of production.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

yeah, not having T3 arctic and lunar stuff is kinda frustrating, especially since the T2 stuff still looks so very temporary. I wouldn't be surprised if the Tundra zone brought T3 arctic and the Orbital stuff brings T3 lunar though.

MoreLikeTen
Oct 21, 2012

The farmer's mistake was believing he had any control over his life.

Kimsemus posted:

I could pour 50 hours pretty easily into a single 2070 seed, I think I beat the 2205 campaign on hard in under 10 hours, and I'm not sure what to do now.

Feeling the same. Taking away random islands, other players and combat from the main map makes everything so sterile

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Gah. I'm bugged, can't finish the sector project in the third Arctic region. I dunno if I can start over again, now.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Had the same issue a few days ago where a sector project bugged, haven't found the effort to pick up the game again after that since it kinda ruins several hours of work on my goal to get the all nine sectors achievement.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
This thread of a popular triple A game loved by its fans is just bustling with activity.

Joiny
Aug 9, 2005

Would you like to peruse my wares?
I enjoyed it but there's just nothing to do or talk about until the dlc comes out and they add more depth.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

I don't think Anno can really be considered popular or AAA

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Started a second corp because I can't stand not having all 9 sector projects done and the loving 3rd one bugs out on me, i'm starting to get loving pissed at this stupid game

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Joiny posted:

I enjoyed it but there's just nothing to do or talk about until the dlc comes out and they add more depth.
I think the fact that all its basically just a game about numbers where for once you are actually told the numbers contributes a lot. There's no need to talk about ratios or layouts because you can directly see your supply balance, and the layouts are so flexible and don't consume transports that you can just blanket the islands with whatever you need.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

StarMinstrel posted:

This thread of a popular triple A game loved by its fans is just bustling with activity.

its a niche game designed for super autists who want to spend hours optimizing hemp output, that has been casualized and released with a companion phone app

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
Has anyone gotten to $500K in positive income yet? I can't get that done.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Lorini posted:

Has anyone gotten to $500K in positive income yet? I can't get that done.

I was at like +740k before expanding my moon poo poo :stare:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Yeah, all it really needs is the space to expand your temperate population. I think I actually got it entirely by just being in the advanced endgame and turning my moon factories off briefly.

If you have a low developed temperate zone still just blanket it in houses. Even just supplied with temperate basics like food/water/juice/social you'll make a big profit because the game is balanced around those providing the capital to expand into arctic/moon zones.

LonsomeSon
Nov 22, 2009

A fishperson in an intimidating hat!

Yeah, even in a minimal-overbuild, 100%-domestic-production run up to completing the fusion program you wind up with enough raw import capacity to sustain the other two temperate sectors. I've never tried a full-on import sector but I don't see why it wouldn't work...I've gotten multiple corps to the point where they were running 3+ fusion reactors and had shut down all Earthside energy production (except Arctic generators absolutely required for heat reasons) and never actually maxed out endgame trade routes but I also tend to produce 'organic' 'food,' water, :science:juice, and green drugs for myself since they're relatively easy to fit together.

Still can't stop playing the game. It's not all the time, but my regular work schedule gives me four days off per week and I tend to devote at least half my veg-out free time on one of those days to whatever it is I'm pursuing next. Basically random maps would make this perfect; I don't even care if I can't have bridge sites or sector projects.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

You can produce everything you need to sustain the other two temperate zones in Viridian Coves.

I really like the game too but sector projects bugging twice has super soured me...guess I'll restart again when Tundra is out.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
New Patch

quote:

Patchnotes 1.2.
Bugfixes:
Fixed several states where the player's Command Ship could get lost.
Fixed a bug that caused a black screen on startup.
Fixed an issue where buildings’ output (energy, inhabitants, logistics, etc.) on arctic and moon regions was subtracted from the total count if these buildings were located outside of a shield radius or heat supply while switching between sectors.
Please note: It might happen that your total population, energy production or logistics balance is going to change dramatically depending on the number of buildings affected by this issue!

Fixed a bug where residences disappeared while being promoted from Executives to Investors.
Pressing ESC multiple times shouldn't break the corporation creation screen anymore.
Fixed several random crashes when switching corporations or loading sectors.
The statue on Viridian Coves can no longer be destroyed by attack drones.
Fixed several bugs that led to a situation where players were not able to continue with their Sector Projects (drone not showing direction, resources not being picked up by ship, quest objects not spawning, etc.).
Fixed several bugs that led to a situation where players were not able to complete optional quests because of a broken unloading/towing behavior.
Construction preview now shows correct logistics values when placing a production building.
Fixed several minor GUI issues on the Conflict Zone Debriefing screen.
Fixed a bug where the logistics preview showed incorrect values when constructing a building.
Onscreen feedback of energy buildings like Fusion Reactor and Gas Power Station now reflects the proper energy sector balance.
Adjusted the voting screen thresholds to properly reflect the actual results.
Adjusted several Infotips.
Audio: Some UI elements didn't always play a sound on activation - this should be fixed now.
Audio: Fixed a bug where audio messages in videos didn't stop when the user switched to desktop.
Audio: The Shield Generator now always plays a sound when being built/destroyed.

All of the above mentioned quest bug fixes should not only be fixed for future corporations but also retroactively for existing savegames.

New Features:
Christmas is coming! Celebrate this year's holidays with special event quests and a new Christmas tree ornamental.
Construction preview now lists all gains and costs for every building.
Effects granted by modules can now be seen within the module object menu.
Object menu of residences now features the total inhabitants, workforce supply, and generated revenue per building.

Changes:
We redesigned the trade route wizard to allow better access to this feature.
Erasing upgraded residences now also grants a construction refund.
Conflict zone mission reminder intervals increased to 1h15min.

Optimizations:
Loading processes are now faster and consume less memory.
Implemented performance optimizations for Intel HD Graphics.
Enhanced reflections (can be toggled in graphics settings).
Seas now also have reflections.
We beautified the sea foam.
Several other performance optimizations.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

quote:

Good. I'll do those missions when I'm good and ready damnit!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Don't see it in there, but when one of you has a chance to play for long enough, you should see if the memory leaking has been addressed.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

quote:

We beautified the sea foam.
:fap:

Also I guess fixing the sector projects failing is good too. Congrats Efexeye for getting a playable game.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

:fap:

Also I guess fixing the sector projects failing is good too. Congrats Efexeye for getting a playable game.

Now if I could just get the game to open to check if they really fixed it...

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Yay, it's fixed (they just flagged the bugged mission as complete, I didn't have to actually do it) :)

Teledahn
May 14, 2009

What is that bear doing there?

quote:

Did they also increase the reminder timer for asking about upgrade modules?

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010

Teledahn posted:

Did they also increase the reminder timer for asking about upgrade modules?

Turn off tutorials to remove that one.

64bitrobot
Apr 20, 2009

Likes to Lurk

Alkydere posted:

Turn off tutorials to remove that one.

This is useful to know. I think they turned tutorials off for me at some point. I'm not sure but I don't remember turning it off myself and those messages stopped

By the way, have a screenshot.

Belial42
Feb 28, 2007

The Sleeper must awaken...with a damn fine can of Georgia coffee.
2205 went on sale for $35 at greenmangaming. I'm excited to pick it up even if it's not quite so deep. The Anno games are always so relaxing.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Game just got an update patch.

quote:

Free Content Patch 1 now available!

New Features
Welcome to the "Wildwater Bay"! This patch brings up a new Sector which is now available within the Temperate Region. Purchase it from a rival corporation and settle a new city in a large continental landscape. Also an old friend offers you a whole new Sector Project.
Free artworks for all players: In your installed game directory, go to /BonusContent/Artwork to get a large wallpaper and banner artwork of the "Wildwater Bay".
The World Market received a major update. It now contains a menu which tells you everything about the price development and your available routes.
Three new Ornamentals have been added to the Temperate Region.
The Corporation HQ now satisfies the needs for Information, Security, Mobility and Entertainment.

Bugfixes:
Audio messages aren't cut off anymore when the game is sped up.
Quest Objects will no longer accidentally spawn inside a crater.
Fixed a bug that caused Clients to stay in a Sector after their Quest was solved.
Fixed a bug that caused Feedback Units to disappear.
Fixed a bug that caused the Command Vehicle to spawn at a wrong place after a Sector Overtake.
Loading bars now correctly show 100% on time.
Sector Project Progress is now correctly shown in the Strategic Map filters.

Balancing Changes
The following changes affect all existing corporations. Be aware of possible changes to your economy.

Construction Costs of the Corporation HQ main building were adjusted:
Biopolymers: Increased to 250 (from 150)
Construct-o-Bots: Incresed to 250 (from 150)
Superalloys: Increased to 250 (from 150)

Maintenance Costs of the Corporation HQ main building were adjusted:
Energy: Decreased to 1,500 (from 2,000)
Workforce: Decreased to 1,000 (from 10,000)
Credits: Increased to 15,000 (from 10,000)

Construction & Maintenance Costs of the Corporation HQ modules were adjusted:
Modules now cost 25 Iridium and 50 Graphene
Maintenance Costs are now increased by 5% per module (was 10%)

Some Achievements were adjusted to work with the new Sector "Wildwater Bay".
Bridges now take longer to construct and consume more resources.

Interface Changes
The World Market received a whole new menu.
The Spaceport and Bridges menu was updated to better display the required upgrade time and costs.
The Corporation HQ menu displays the new supply it provides.
Modules now show their individual bonus and maintenance cost.
When selecting a factory or public building, all buildings of the same type are also highlighted.

It's not much but the corporate HQ isn't quite as much of a ballbuster anymore. I mean I'm still not gonna play it again because Wildwater bay is just another temperate map and I'm holding out for Tundra/Space. I'm pretty disappointed about how long it's taking.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
yeah i think everything is currently on fire down at ubisoft because the game's not selling

Asciana
Jun 16, 2008
I can finally finish my Corporation HQ without filling the map (built it on the smaller of my two cities which was a bit of a pain)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

Doctor Schnabel posted:

yeah i think everything is currently on fire down at ubisoft because the game's not selling

They've already sent me two emails telling me to buy the season pass. That actually pissed me off because the wording, at least in German, made it sound like the content was available. Also I already own the season pass since I bought the Deluxe cheaply from Nuuvem.

I'm trying to log in once per week to vote, but I've missed it a few times, has anyone besides the food guy ever won a council election?

• Locked thread