Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gay devil
Aug 20, 2009

the ports for twewy & ghost trick are both good

other than that just play dungeon raid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

NickRoweFillea posted:

i like rune story and final fantasy record keeper

I haven't played it but a lot of goons like record keeper and it looks cool

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

I played FF9 it was great.

im doing this ATM :-)

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

no they will not posted:

Impressive phone

i dont think mines particularly good . its a samsung galaxy s3. i dont really know cos it was given to me cos of my job. anyway it runs ff9 perfectly .. i couldnmt make the wii emulator work though

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

im doing this ATM :-)
Yes. Yes!

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Smartphones are all powerful enough to run a PS2 emulator, but there isn't one that works yet because the PS2 has weird architecture.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Disney's Tsum Tsum.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Did anyone say solitaire? I love playing solitaire on my phone. Cheers.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah I Like Girls posted:

the ports for twewy & ghost trick are both good

other than that just play dungeon raid

no way in hell is a version of twewy without the top screen good.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Evil Eagle posted:

no way in hell is a version of twewy without the top screen good.

It's worse but it is still a good game by phone game standards and it has some extra remixes of the songs from the original

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Song Summoner is a square enix tactical rpg where you generate party members from the songs on your iPhone and was surprisingly fun

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Does anybody know if PSP emulation works well, or at all, on a smartphone? i just want to be able to play Patapon

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

It works perfectly on mine except that the font in jeanne d'arc is ludicrously mis-sized.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I played King of Dragon Pass on my phone and it's pretty good, but that's more like a choose your own story than a video game, really.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

lesbian baphomet posted:

Does anybody know if PSP emulation works well, or at all, on a smartphone? i just want to be able to play Patapon

ppsspp is an awesome emulator that worked perfectly for me, both on android and pc, for the two games I played: mhfu and mhp3rd, but it was unplayably slow on my moto g 2nd gen, even with disgaea, but my phone is really not powerful, better phones might be able to run it fine

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sofia Coppola_OD_ posted:

It works perfectly on mine except that the font in jeanne d'arc is ludicrously mis-sized.

HEy... speaking of this game, Jeanne D'Arc. Does anyone know if its downloadable on Playstation TV.

tehpango
Sep 27, 2005
Famicontra
Wolfenstein RPG is pretty fun. I also remember playing Metal Gear Mobile, which was kind of bad but still playable. I don't know if it's available for anything other than older java-based phones though.

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Usenet Magic-User posted:

I haven't played it but a lot of goons like record keeper and it looks cool

yeah goons have notoriously good taste

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

O__O posted:

yeah goons have notoriously good taste

Dont hate

Valex
Nov 28, 2009

by astral
I still play Threes all the goddamn time

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Smartphones are all powerful enough to run a PS2 emulator, but there isn't one that works yet because the PS2 has weird architecture.

youd think so but mine is using like 70% of its ram at all times according to some file cleaner app i have on it .

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

lesbian baphomet posted:

theres a psp emulator for android phones, but it costs money ... i think .. anyway, i dont see why not. i suppose you could pirate the emulator too

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

theres a psp emulator for android phones, but it costs money ... i think .. anyway, i dont see why not. i suppose you could pirate the emulator too
ppsspp is free. there's a pay version, but the only difference is a differently coloured app icon so you can feel good about supporting development

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I like feeling good about spending money.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

Zen Pinball is good, but they microtransaction the hell out of all the tables.

Is there a Go game that has good AI?

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Ridiculous Fishing is good, and perfect for short bursts of play in between stops on public transit

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Isn't the Gjost Trick ios port suppose to be good? I'll download that if so

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

i dunno how the ios port is but ghost trick is really good

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

net cafe scandal posted:

it keeps breaking every time apple comes out with a new version of ios so make sure it actually works before you buy

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
My girlfriend (Adolf Hitler) got me playing the cat collecting game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Average Bear posted:

My girlfriend (Adolf Hitler) got me playing the cat collecting game.

I get 3 screenshots of that game texted to me every day.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I get 3 screenshots of that game texted to me every day.
Lmao, yeah, I've met girls too, in real life, haha.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

net cafe scandal posted:

I played it on ios, idk if the port is still good with the current ios version but it's probably better than paying a ton of money to buy the game on DS. It's good

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Advance wars emulated is better than all phone games

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Pokemon Go might be a game changer for the mobile world

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
It looks like proper poo poo mate.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
That is only right and just, as advance wars is better than all other games

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Woah.. apparently you can buy every single DragoN Quest game on iOS. Anyone done this.. seems too good to be true since I havent played any of them. :sweatdrop:

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

net cafe scandal posted:

Woah.. apparently you can buy every single DragoN Quest game on iOS. Anyone done this.. seems too good to be true since I havent played any of them. :sweatdrop:
wtf? Surely you're trolling...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I guess the old NES ones or whatever would be good on a phone.. I dont really know anything about this series. But I think every singel mainline Dragon Quest except the MMO is on the app store for some reason.

• Locked thread