Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Dompy Bear posted:

On another note, are we doing the goon guild thing on Phinny? If not I'm just gonna find some pubbie guild to carry me to 50 then bail for raids.

Not sure. Whoever is already in a guild should just "recruit" any goons who are looking to guild up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Bahanahab posted:

Is eqlive on test a fan run server, or are you actually talking about the test server ran by dbg/sony?

it's the test server. I play it because I can't rationalize paying for this game, but to me having all the expansions and game access for free allows me to have a lot of fun. I often go do old raids, or old quests. Getting Epics is still fun for me. I also play on Project99 but EQlive has something to offer me. Some of the newer expansions are also really fun.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

lemonslol posted:

it's the test server. I play it because I can't rationalize paying for this game, but to me having all the expansions and game access for free allows me to have a lot of fun. I often go do old raids, or old quests. Getting Epics is still fun for me. I also play on Project99 but EQlive has something to offer me. Some of the newer expansions are also really fun.

That's why I did it, although Test does not have two most recent expansions, The Darkened Sea and The Broken Mirror, as Daybreak stopped using the TEST server to TEST new content when they took over, because why would you want to do that?

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006

lemonslol posted:

Which is why I am confused on how you think the phinny xp is 'heavenly' compared to permanent double xp of the test server. Thus, I figured it had to be a different server do to test being able to level a lot faster than phinny.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Test does have TDS for free, not that anyone plays in it though

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

In on Phinny. DE SK named Divorce, hit me up if you wanna level.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Bahanahab posted:

Which is why I am confused on how you think the phinny xp is 'heavenly' compared to permanent double xp of the test server. Thus, I figured it had to be a different server do to test being able to level a lot faster than phinny.

the 85-105 game is def more than one hour a level. the 101-105 game especially.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
The nightmare year 2015 in which it took more than one human earth hour to gain a level in Everquest. Raw material if any of you are writing a dystopian novel.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

lemonslol posted:

the 85-105 game is def more than one hour a level. the 101-105 game especially.

At what point did you think not-even-classic 1-20 and 101-105 were really comparable

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Whoa, just logged into my old main on Tunare, where all the new models were on, came back to Phinny and now nobody is a 1999 polygon humanoid again, hurray!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Has there ever been any custom made EQ zones or anything along those lines? It's a really cool idea and I would love to play a user created dungeon. I have no idea what technical aspect this would require but with 16 year old technology I would think it could be done.

Edit: Luclin models are terrible and should be ban worthy.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
Custom as in from the ground up or just reworked/redesigned? I'm not sure of the possibility of the first but the latter has plenty of emulated servers that mess around with zones and layouts.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

The models aren't terrible so much as their animations.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Republicans posted:

The models aren't terrible so much as their animations.

Humans bashing look awful too. I guessing this is the same for all of them. Not that I actually see that animation anyway, since I'm flurrying, proccing, and casting a thousand spells a minute. Luclin model shield bash looks like I'm one-arm hugging myself, while classic models actually has me swinging the shield into the air.

Some of the models look good. Iksar and all elves are pretty nice. Humans are mediocre. Short races and fat races are an outright abomination. Luclin dwarves don't barrel roll, and fatties don't look like stupid fatasses that scratch their fatasses as they should.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

RCarr posted:

Has there ever been any custom made EQ zones or anything along those lines? It's a really cool idea and I would love to play a user created dungeon. I have no idea what technical aspect this would require but with 16 year old technology I would think it could be done.

Edit: Luclin models are terrible and should be ban worthy.

Most of the custom/emulated servers I've played on (so basically just Shards of Dalaya and The Hidden Forest) reuse old zones and then change up their mobs/items/intended level rather than making up actual zones. Dalaya is a little more fleshed out in that regard with a custom "main quest", though it used to have a 2-box limit and I doubt anyone really plays it anymore.

suuma fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 13, 2015

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

suuma posted:

Most of the custom/emulated servers I've played on (so basically just Shards of Dalaya and The Hidden Forest) reuse old zones and then change up their mobs/items/intended level rather than making up actual zones. Dalaya is a little more fleshed out in that regard with a custom "main quest", though it used to have a 2-box limit and I doubt anyone really plays it anymore.

For Shards of Dalaya there's like 100-120 online during peak last I checked (and that's the high end) probably 60-80% of which is people boxing/afk. They are getting their client up to date now (new one is supposed to launch the 19th... although it's been pushed back a few times) and get put up on EQemu, so we'll see if that pushes numbers up or if the game stays steady at low numbers.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
What's the chances of this being a 2 week wonder in terms of goon population and 4-6 weeks for pubbies? Might give it a whirl if there's potential for it being 4-6 months.

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE

Number of Goons / Time

It's fun, but the crush is nowhere near as bad as Ragefire was. I'm not sure if it's because of genuinely less players or because there are less boxes.

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

Tai posted:

What's the chances of this being a 2 week wonder in terms of goon population and 4-6 weeks for pubbies? Might give it a whirl if there's potential for it being 4-6 months.

For me, I was really enjoying this until I realized I actually want to play Kunark. One day I'll learn. :(

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I dunno, I'm having a ton of fun. I'll be around for the long haul.

If people need help with stuff, let me know. I did 3 screaming maces late last night when things calmed down. Two for new internet friends and one for myself.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I'm having a good time with this as well, I'm almost level 10 so if anyone needs an SK tank lemme know!

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Got 20 on my Enchanter tonight. It's been an uphill battle considering it's a grossly overpopulated class and there's such fierce competition for camps. Once I get 26 and Clarity I think my options will open up substantially, especially solo.

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp
So I got 27 on enchanter, but it was made pretty clear that new EoE needs heals as well as support, so I crossed all fingers and toes and did research to get feedback, and was successful. In the last 24 hours with two good groups, power leveling to level 10, and a bunch of belts, cleric is 18 and can now group with enchanter.

This is far more fun than I ever thought it would be. The absolute best is people crying and raging about things being sold for kronos.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea I'm having a blast. Got my Druid/Bard combo to 13 tonight.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Hoohah posted:

So I got 27 on enchanter, but it was made pretty clear that new EoE needs heals as well as support, so I crossed all fingers and toes and did research to get feedback, and was successful. In the last 24 hours with two good groups, power leveling to level 10, and a bunch of belts, cleric is 18 and can now group with enchanter.

This is far more fun than I ever thought it would be. The absolute best is people crying and raging about things being sold for kronos.

Haha nice man. I really wanted to start this up again, I played with some EoE dudes on ragefire. But alas, just bad timing on my part with school finals and work/x-mas stuff. Might try again in a few months.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Think I might give this a whirl this evening.

Any class that's poo poo in the classic/kunark era? Been so long that I can't remember. Also, is there any class that's over populated to gently caress?

Hoohah
Jun 27, 2004
Chimp

darkhand posted:

Haha nice man. I really wanted to start this up again, I played with some EoE dudes on ragefire. But alas, just bad timing on my part with school finals and work/x-mas stuff. Might try again in a few months.

While people raging in general/auction about prices is entertaining, there's also Hamshire. Poor, poor retarded Hamshire who literally knows nothing about this game and is CONSTANTLY asking questions that you'd imagine anyone who was an end-game raiding guild officer would know. He has such weird rear end tangents and mispronunciations too, so he keeps us entertained while we grind out that xp.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Rangers are underwhelming until Luclin / PoP. Rogues are underwhelming pre-epic.

Everything benefits from increased power curve high so nothing is hard at this point.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

Tai posted:

Think I might give this a whirl this evening.

Any class that's poo poo in the classic/kunark era? Been so long that I can't remember. Also, is there any class that's over populated to gently caress?

Rangers are trash in classic, full stop. They might be better now on TLP since there's some quality of life stuff that got left in but historically they're pretty bad til PoP or so. Casters are better than melee in classic and maybe early Kunark but rogues take off after that. Paladins are probably the worst of the 3 tanks and druids are good to have around for buffs but everything they can do another class does better, more or less.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Are Mage pets still OP or are they no longer able to solo yellows etc.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

koreban posted:

I dunno, I'm having a ton of fun. I'll be around for the long haul.

If people need help with stuff, let me know. I did 3 screaming maces late last night when things calmed down. Two for new internet friends and one for myself.

How long did they take you? I badly need a magic weapon but don't know the pop rates for those losers. Not gonna bother too much but if it's like an hour or two that's fine.

Also rangers aren't as bad as you'd think but yeah they're not spectacular. Decent tanks, can hold aggro without much issue.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Tai posted:

Are Mage pets still OP or are they no longer able to solo yellows etc.

Nah, they're way squishier now but they still hit really hard and thus are the best group dps.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Republicans posted:

Nah, they're way squishier now but they still hit really hard and thus are the best group dps.

Can they still solo decently though? Not fussed about not being able to kill nameds/reds but whites/yellow would be nice if I fancy popping on for 30mins for a mess.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

suuma posted:

druids are good to have around for buffs but everything they can do another class does better, more or less.

Excuse me, druids can turn other players into wolves in more ways than any other class.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

Tai posted:

Can they still solo decently though? Not fussed about not being able to kill nameds/reds but whites/yellow would be nice if I fancy popping on for 30mins for a mess.

Not without some effort but it's still possible. I do like mages in my group though, better than wizards for the most part and air pets are great in groups.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Any work around for subbing from a different country? Card is registered in another country I'm living in and daybreak doesn't allow subbing via paypal. Time cards seem to be dead too.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Tai posted:

Any work around for subbing from a different country? Card is registered in another country I'm living in and daybreak doesn't allow subbing via paypal. Time cards seem to be dead too.

Buy kronos with paypal. (From players, not from DBG.)

To clarify on this, there's not much reason to pay full price for all access or kronos from DBG. Players will sell kronos for $10-12, depending on quantities, all day long.

jetz0r fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Dec 14, 2015

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Stanos posted:

How long did they take you? I badly need a magic weapon but don't know the pop rates for those losers. Not gonna bother too much but if it's like an hour or two that's fine.

With 5 pickzones up, like an hour per, maybe less.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Necro/Shaman felt too fussy so I started an SK instead of the necro and now I've got a well-rounded group wherever I go.

Hopefully the BABS market crashes soon, people are asking 2 krono for one.

Republicans fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Dec 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
It will, it's not as common as the long sword but it's no mithril 2h sword. Give it like two or three weeks for the non-poopsockers to catch up if that. The same jackass was asking 3 before.

Doesn't stop people though. I saw a guy with a BABS and a FBSS who apparently had 'very good friends'. Yes, good friends named K. Rono.