Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Tbh nested quotes are also one of the factors that render reddit unreadable except it's nested the other way round.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Sober drivers aren't responsible for accidents?

One weird trick, cops hate him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Puppy Time posted:

Good news tumblr did away with that in favor of the stack of comments style the rest of the free world uses.

And there were a lot of people who were seriously upset about this because apparently arranging replies in a readable manner is trying to be just like Facebook.

It doesn't matter how the quotes are arranged when you have people that will carry on huge chains. It's still unreadable after the 3rd reply but people will still try to carry on 10, 15+ reply chains because there's no automatic way to shorten it and people are too dumb/self-important to do it themselves.

Basically it's just a tumblr problem.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Yeah, sex with this guy is likely as unpleasant as being in a car accident.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

http://imgur.com/gallery/EJPSppc

I love how often this gets posted. These delusional psychos think their outbursts aren't a personality disorder but a heroic asset.

Bonus:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

kazil posted:

I love how often this gets posted. These delusional psychos think their outbursts aren't a personality disorder but a heroic asset.

Bonus:

Bonus: that 'good man goes to war' line is directly lifted from Doctor Who. Because of course it loving is.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"If you have to declare yourself a nice guy, you're not actually nice."

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

quote:

I know a lot of guys who can't get more than weekends with their kids, or who are paying people for life for no reason. I think we should liberalize those laws to make them more equal. HIT THE TINY UP ARROW IF YOU AGREE! :)

What do these things even have to do with one another. How is alimony, a gender neutral monetary assistance related to equal pay? Why should the law emphasize the non-residential parent's interest rather than the child's best interest? Because of equal parental leave? What?

Of course this got to the front page.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
Aside from those issues being completely unrelated, how the hell does a person have an issue with equal pay and maternity leave?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

The Mentalizer posted:

Aside from those issues being completely unrelated, how the hell does a person have an issue with equal pay and maternity leave?

"We can't change X, what about Y?" when Y is only tangentially related is a way of dismissing any attempt at social progress. Sometimes it works out though: Think of all the people who voted and argued against bills that help military veterans. Once the idea of Syrian refugees came up, those same people went, "Uh... wait, we can't help refugees until we help military veterans!"

kazil posted:

Bonus:

From people whose biggest struggle was getting mildly bullied in school or being told by their parents that they couldn't stay out late or whatever. People with these delusional fantasies aren't "nice guys", they're assholes who believe they're nice.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Trogdos! posted:

What do these things even have to do with one another. How is alimony, a gender neutral monetary assistance related to equal pay? Why should the law emphasize the non-residential parent's interest rather than the child's best interest? Because of equal parental leave? What?

From the comments:

WisdomPlaytime posted:

1) As a divorced woman I opted out of receiving alimony from my wealthy ex because I think that's a lovely thing to do to another person. 2) He owes me nothing even though I'm broke af, am happy being free from him!

shootsandleaves posted:

That's great for you, but there are lots of people who gave up the possibility of economic advancement because of marriage.

WisdomPlaytime posted:

I have a net worth of NEGATIVE $68k after the divorce. Still think it's morally wrong for a divorcee to live on monthly checks from the ex.

incitefulcomment posted:

You're a loving idiot and you got used and played. Congratulations. Next time, take what's fair (you ending up negative is NOT fair)

WisdomPlaytime posted:

Our situation was fair. He got 100% custody of the kids, and he'll need all his $ to raise them. And he paid my rent for a year. We're even.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Gaunab posted:

From the comments:

Sounds like the man in that relationship got custody because he was interested in it and therefore doesn't have pay alimony or child support. Almost the way it's supposed to work.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
I think the woman should pay child support if the man get the kids.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
It sounds like he's making a lot more than her, but generally the courts agree.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Shayu posted:

Its normally a situation where each parent is supposed to pay a %age of their income, based on how much they would have invested if married(if your wife makes 20k and you make 100k, she isn't going to be contributing much more than groceries). Additionally, if the couple can work it out between themselves, the judge will let their agreement stand(ex: when my parents got divorced, my mom asked for ~half what she could have gotten, and thats where it stood til my dad got smart and tried to challenge it, then he got hit with the full amount from then out).

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Trogdos! posted:

Don't you know? Rights are a zero-sum game. If you want to give those dastardly women extra rights, you're gonna have to take some away in some other place or in the end you'll get even more inequality :pseudo:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Perestroika posted:

Don't you know? Rights are a zero-sum game. If you want to give those dastardly women extra rights, you're gonna have to take some away in some other place or in the end you'll get even more inequality :pseudo:

Or we could just ban men and solve the whole problem.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://imgur.com/gallery/RYAg1

quote:

SuccesfulFailure via Android2 points : 2 replies : 4 hours ago reply
As I white, middle class guy, I have literally nothing to feel bad about/apologise for.

A taste of missing the point theater going on in the comments.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Gaunab posted:

From the comments:

"incitefulcomment" is a brilliant username for somebody who posts hateful garbage meant to look sincere and thoughtful, though.

Anyway, as for the original picture, I've read that men often don't really fight for custody too often, and when they do they don't have trouble getting it. Also, some people argue that even though the custody split is often with mom on weekdays and dad on weekends, and therefore time with dad is shorter, time with dad is also the time of the week for fun and cool things like going to the zoo or eating out for dinner, while mom has to be the responsible parent putting the kid to school and everything. This doesn't mean that the dad can't be responsible or shouldn't do fun things with the kid, but it does make it easy for a small child to perceive dad as the "fun parent" and mom as a nag or a bitch. So getting to see a child for a greater number of hours per week doesn't actually mean much if the child is spending their time looking forward to being with the other parent.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The Mentalizer posted:

People of the majority aren't as special or superior when minorities are raised to their level, and they interpret that as oppression. That's why straight white men are the most oppressed members of society right now.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

The Mentalizer posted:

These bills come up every so often in Congress and they still have a majority voting against them, including female congress members. But also equal pay involves things that libertarians don't like, including more union-based pay policies, publishing pay schedules for employees and moving away from pay negotiations. Also once women start to dominate a field, it becomes lower paying and less important. See: teaching.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
The real thing we need to be talk about is the state of shells in Mario Kart (a video game). I think that shells should be available to all players and not just available to players in certain order of the race. It's unfair to players who are experienced to be punished with the equivalent of a B.E.T. fired at them.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

Shayu posted:

This is a thing, but apparently not everywhere.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Shayu posted:

The real thing we need to be talk about is the state of shells in Mario Kart (a video game). I think that shells should be available to all players and not just available to players in certain order of the race. It's unfair to players who are experienced to be punished with the equivalent of a B.E.T. fired at them.

Black Entertainment Television isn't THAT bad.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

imgur posted:

Imgur is over capacity!

Sorry! We're busy running around with our hair on fire because Imgur is over capacity! This can happen when the site is under a very heavy load, or while we're doing maintenance.

Please try again in a few minutes.

Guess there's too many angry MRA posts? Or what?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Thin Privilege posted:

Guess there's too many angry MRA posts? Or what?

The "or what?" is that imgur is run by idiots who can't figure out how to host poo poo.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
What are you talking about? They take a jpeg and throw it on their cdn server, then the front-end servers take those images and make a lame-rear end page loaded with a metric fuckton of JavaScript that tries to redefine what even your ARROW keys do, tack on an inefficient social media network, load the details on like 50 other images to try to spam you with more links, attempt to load up tons of tracking JavaScript from third party sites, and restrict your image width to something like 600px if in an album. What's not to like?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

http://imgur.com/gallery/jhaZRIg (mildly nws)

GIF of that hot blond chick from Two Broke Girls wiggling around in a bikini. Virtually all top comments are a combination of "NOT ENOUGH TITS"/"Heh maybe I'd give this a second look if it was her costar Kat Dennings, you probably haven't heard of her :smug:"

Even for imgur it's pretty loving vile. :barf:

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
I know this isn't a tech support thread but I can't think of anywhere else to ask right now - why don't .gifv pictures animate in android chrome?

You have to delete the v for it to load every time. poo poo is wild annoying.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Gifv isn't some magic gif format, it's just a different name given to standard video files. Many Android browsers don't have a video player built in

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

gifv is webm with a funny extension. they like to pretend that they invented something new but they literally just copied gfycat

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar
You'd think in between figuring out quantum computing and lightning fast fibre optic access, Google could task some oval office to make sure their web browser can browse the loving web.

Seen this on Facebook recently too, because evidently someone who knows someone I know can't accept that weezy is a genius. That first song sounds boring as gently caress.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
It's almost like people want to chill out and listen to something simple and fun instead of dense political word salad littered with standard counter-culture stock phrases like "corporate America" set to a basic AABBCC rhyme scheme

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

joedevola posted:

You'd think in between figuring out quantum computing and lightning fast fibre optic access, Google could task some oval office to make sure their web browser can browse the loving web.

Seen this on Facebook recently too, because evidently someone who knows someone I know can't accept that weezy is a genius. That first song sounds boring as gently caress.

This guy probably won't shut up about Hopsin.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

goose fleet posted:

It's almost like people want to chill out and listen to something simple and fun instead of dense political word salad littered with standard counter-culture stock phrases like "corporate America" set to a basic AABBCC rhyme scheme

I saw one of the dudes from IT at a local festival the same night that Danny Brown played later on.

Guess which had the bigger crowd/was way more entertaining

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Immortal Technique is an amazing rapper, but yea his lyrics are like a leftist version of that guy who writes about the Reptilians taking over the world.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

NotAnArtist posted:

I saw one of the dudes from IT at a local festival the same night that Danny Brown played later on.

Guess which had the bigger crowd/was way more entertaining

Well yeah Danny brown is a better rapper and more entertaining in every possible way

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I love those things because they are all so cherry pickingly stupid.

Also someone made a reverse one at some point contrasting some really basic and dumb Beatles lyrics to some more elaborate ones by Kanye,hopefully in an attempt to show how loving stupid the whole thing is.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014

joedevola posted:

The top one not so interesting, I hear much better ones from other black peoples. The second one also not so good but I think no one says it good. Try listening to WU TANG CLAN they're very good, maybe also someone else?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZdDtXzP

What? I- what? Did they actually take the Dead Rising 2 activists this seriously?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZdDtXzP

What? I- what? Did they actually take the Dead Rising 2 activists this seriously?

What are they even equating this to? Just the generalization that people are being more considerate to other people?

• Locked thread