Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

StarkRavingMad posted:

I'll be watching TLC in the best way: the replay, listening to it on my phone, while driving for two hours. I have zero fear that it will distract me from the road.

This but 'while doing chores' instead of driving. I didn't hate last TLC but aside from Stairs Shenanigans it was just a wet fart of a nothing PPV and nothing about this card tells me there will be something interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
There will be nothing as dumb or entertaining as Ambrose losing via Exploding Monitor.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Frankston posted:

What gave you this feeling, bradzilla?

Malaise. The card looks alright I guess but I literally stopped watching TLC last year in favor of sleep.

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Great White Hope posted:

Last year had a stairs match.

This year cannot possibly be better.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Last year was a poo poo TLC tbf

headlined by Ambrose vs TV

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

It takes a lot of thought and effort to make a bad ppv called tables ladders and chairs and for that I salute wwe

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!
It's pretty easy if you're forced to do it consistently year after year.

e: and also if you're PG-WWE.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

I forgot this spot entirely hahahahaha

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

Lady Naga posted:

It's pretty easy if you're forced to do it consistently year after year.

e: and also if you're PG-WWE.

If WWE wasn't PG right now it would be the exact same product but with swear words.

ch3cooh
Jun 26, 2006

My wife got her white elephant gift at work. IT'S A NEW DAY

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I honestly think the only match that's likely to be a true stinker is ADR/Swagger. Chairs matches are pretty dumb as a concept. Charlotte/Paige is a coinflip in terms of quality. The rest...I think the wrestling will be good, even the booking is questionable. I'm sure that I'll be Sports Entertained.

I strongly recommend watching with friends because that keeps you from going into a Spiral of Despair even if it's bad.

zakharov fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Dec 13, 2015

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Keg posted:

If WWE wasn't PG right now it would be the exact same product but with swear words.

That's why I said WWE-PG, not just PG. The issue isn't the rating but the specific content they're going for. If they don't want blood and nasty-looking chairshots and barbed wire everywhere that's fine, that's acceptable, but they shouldn't also run PPVs like "tables ladders and chairs" and "extreme rules" every year if the only difference between them and something like battleground is really dumb stips. It's 2015 and they're still trying to market to a hardcore fanbase that the product just doesn't appeal to and they really need to stop.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

you cant sell those $80 tlc playsets without a tlc ppv

also holy poo poo a sealed punjabi prison playset goes for $600

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Stuff like TLC and Hell in a Cell matches would be cool if we couldn't set our watch to the very minute they will happen like 6 months in advance.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Lady Naga posted:

That's why I said WWE-PG, not just PG. The issue isn't the rating but the specific content they're going for. If they don't want blood and nasty-looking chairshots and barbed wire everywhere that's fine, that's acceptable, but they shouldn't also run PPVs like "tables ladders and chairs" and "extreme rules" every year if the only difference between them and something like battleground is really dumb stips. It's 2015 and they're still trying to market to a hardcore fanbase that the product just doesn't appeal to and they really need to stop.

The other problem is oh poo poo we have 12 events a year and we need to have the cheapest gimmicks possible fuuuuuuck

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
I really can't wait to see how Sheamus manages to retain while looking like utter poo poo, because Brock Lesnar is the only guy who isn't a lovely coward when he works heel

EDIT: Ideally the October PPV would be called Halloween Havoc and HiaC would happen once a year if even that as a blowoff to a massively hot feud

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

I can't believe how excited I am for Tables Ladders and Chairs!

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

does anybody actually care who wins the main event tonight

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Hace posted:

The other problem is oh poo poo we have 12 events a year and we need to have the cheapest gimmicks possible fuuuuuuck

At least it gives us the textual irony of running an event called "Tables, Ladders and Chairs" while their roster is low on top-tier talent due to injury, even though in reality TLC isn't that much more dangerous than any other PPV.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Babyface Erick Rowan fought the Big Show in a Stairs Match.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

oatgan posted:

Vince, HHH, Roman, Sheamus, Foochs

Atl east five.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

Abroham Lincoln posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjXpj0pTH78

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

oatgan posted:

I actually like Roman Reigns so I would be happy if he won the title and held it until, I dunno, at least Raw. Maybe he would even do cool things like be a champion who is both a full-timer and also not a complete pussy.

I mean, I don't believe for a second Roman's winning so I don't care, but still, I could technically be made to care.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Abroham Lincoln posted:

And he lost because Show had a feud with Roman coming up (that went nowhere at the time because Roman won the Rumble)

EDIT There was also some support behind Rowan's midcard babyface push leading up to that match (he made Cesaro tap to the Torture Rack in like 4 minutes), and WWE went so far as to trademark the name "Big Red" as applied to a performer

bartok
May 10, 2006

Abroham Lincoln posted:

One of the most one-sided feuds I can think of in recent memory. I don't even think Rowan got the upper hand once.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

zakharov posted:

I honestly think the only match that's likely to be a true stinker is ADR/Swagger. Chairs matches are pretty dumb as a concept. Charlotte/Paige is a coinflip in terms of quality. The rest...I think the wrestling will be good, even the booking is questionable. I'm sure that I'll be Sports Entertained.

I strongly recommend watching with friends because that keeps you from going into a Spiral of Despair even if it's bad.

Ryback vs Rusev

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

The lovely toy piano gets me every time.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

bartok posted:

One of the most one-sided feuds I can think of in recent memory. I don't even think Rowan got the upper hand once.

Well they had like four or five matches after their PPV match because when you lose to the Big Show clean you become his personal tune-up jobber

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Abroham Lincoln posted:

It sounds like the theme to my least favourite Left 4 Dead 2 campaign.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

keevo posted:

Ryback vs Rusev

Ok maybe that too.

To be clear I don't think this will be a top-tier show but I think it will be Extremely Fine.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Maybe I'm just emotional because it's almost Jesus birthday but whether you watch the ppv or not I hope all pspers have a good night.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

New Day vs USSSS vs Lucha Dragons ladder match should be a fun time at least

Rand McNally
May 20, 2007

Abroham Lincoln posted:

It led to this though, so +1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ozeDb6OIFFY

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

21 Hoot Salute posted:

Yeah this is going to own. I also think Roman and Sheamus will have an entertaining brawl.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

21 Hoot Salute posted:

a moo sa moah

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Night-time, all around

This owns

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
Erick Rowan is smart

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Great White Hope posted:

Stuff like TLC and Hell in a Cell matches would be cool if we couldn't set our watch to the very minute they will happen like 6 months in advance.

It's this and also that they try to maintain the suspension of disbelief while having people suddenly decide to start attacking each other with tables and chairs the second survivor series is over. I think I'd be happier with people arbitrarily being put into a chairs match and then deciding to use chairs in the build rather than try to act like its a natural step in a feud.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Dec 13, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Heading out to TLC soon, excited to be sad in about 5 hours

• Locked thread