Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bandman
Mar 17, 2008
:sigh: I don't know why I bother being a Falcons fan. They are reaching heretofore unheard of levels of suck today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
To be fair, they're playing the Panthers.

Go Panthers :sun:

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

I dont know why I keep playing in the pool every week. Im really, really bad at it. Best week was 4 wrong and winners are always 2-3. Also gently caress the Packers, and Giants.

Modus Man
Jun 8, 2004

Soiled Meat

jamal posted:

Might be on video. Did you go in and ask?

Yeah the person that can look at video isn't in until Monday. They are supposed to call me after doing so. Called to file a police report too and nothing until Monday. Lol small town.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

bandman posted:

:sigh: I don't know why I bother being a Falcons fan. They are reaching heretofore unheard of levels of suck today.

Man I just saw the score from that game. Atlanta is just getting smashed in the face like drat.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx

bandman posted:

Uh, did everyone miss my, "gonna win 5 games then poo poo the bed for the rest of the season" non-prediction prediction at the start of the season?

e: Adiabatic, because gently caress the Braves for being awful people for loving over the city of ATL like they did, the Panthers' regional influence is interesting to me. You're in VA aren't you? Why a Carolina fan?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

InitialDave posted:

If it hasn't damaged the paint, it's probably fixable, it always impresses me what PDR guys can achieve.

I need to play with my PDR tools. I had a "professional" come out a couple weeks ago to work on a big dent in the tailgate of my Envoy. To say he was bad is not in the realm of properly communicating his skill.

He spent three hours "working" on the car... but he never brought out the sticks, he worked entirely with glue tabs and knockdown tools. You cannot do PDR entirely with glue tabs and knockdown tools.

I didn't know how to get him out of my garage, but I finally did. He didn't want to take money since I wasn't happy (he wasn't either, it is obviously munged... it doesn't look as bad as it did originally, but he broke the paint in a couple places, so it's actually worse). I gave him $60 because he's just starting out and I didn't want to shaft him, but drat, he did a crap job.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Fart Pipe posted:

Yea I dont either. When I told my other childhood friend and my sister they were super surprised. The dude Im interested in you can definitely tell, like from a mile away. If anything happens with him there wont be any hiding it anymore if I were to bring him around my friends so I figured Id tell them first and get it out of the way.

Eh, there isn't a good stereotypical look. When I was growing up, one of my dad's best friends was a gay dude. Worked in the rail yard, drove muscle cars, had a Harley (well...some stereotypes are true I guess) and basically no one except my dad knew.

Then again, he's from a different generation. When my parents first met him (late 60s) he dated women just to cover it.

Now he's married to the same guy he lived with when I was a kid 20 years ago.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

Yea thats true too. I have a bunch of gay friends and like 99% of them you would never know unless they told you or you saw them like holding hands with their boyfriends.

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation

iwentdoodie posted:

Eh, there isn't a good stereotypical look. When I was growing up, one of my dad's best friends was a gay dude. Worked in the rail yard, drove muscle cars, had a Harley (well...some stereotypes are true I guess) and basically no one except my dad knew.

Then again, he's from a different generation. When my parents first met him (late 60s) he dated women just to cover it.

Now he's married to the same guy he lived with when I was a kid 20 years ago.

Same here. Most of my parents friends that were gay guys were no different and sometimes did way manliest poo poo than the straight dudes. Lumberjacks and saw mill workers, firefighters, all that rural Oregon stuff. It wasn't until I moved to the Palm Springs area that I met any of the stereotypical gay guys with lisps and the hand gestures. Now I ride a Harley with a bunch of lesbians. It's fun. Going to ride with them next year at the pride parade instead of walk.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Anyone wanna help me figure out why my WiFi isn't working after my Win 7 to 10 upgrade? I see this is a known problem but none of the fixes I found off Google serm to work. I just wanna play some SWTOR.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Anyone wanna help me figure out why my WiFi isn't working after my Win 7 to 10 upgrade? I see this is a known problem but none of the fixes I found off Google serm to work. I just wanna play some SWTOR.

A) Drivers, if A doesn't work, B) Delete the hardware from the device manager and reboot. Let the machine find the wifi card and set it up, if B doesn't work, C)Use a throwaway wifi card as a test.

If those don't work, then...

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Tried A and B already. Gotta grab my Win 7 disc from my parents' house if I can find it and just reformat this bitch. Sigh.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

SuperDucky posted:

e: Adiabatic, because gently caress the Braves for being awful people for loving over the city of ATL like they did, the Panthers' regional influence is interesting to me. You're in VA aren't you? Why a Carolina fan?

I was born in Charlotte and lived there for 15 years. Went to their first game against the Falcons and watched their 13-0 lead get walked over. Seems like a fitting payback game today :sun:

General_Failure
Apr 17, 2005
Yesterday I was putting some tools away in the garage and a spider with all it's little spiderlings wandered out from under the door to see what's up. It scuttled back under. Next time round it did the same thing. Didn't have the heart to squish it.

Continued randompost. Last night I had a dream I was in a gameshow I guess it could be called. The aim of the game was to fight a shark with bare fists in a big tank and win. TV execs please feel free to steal this idea.

What can I say, silly season is upon us and it's getting to me, like many others I'm sure.

Fart Pipe posted:

Yea thats true too. I have a bunch of gay friends and like 99% of them you would never know unless they told you or you saw them like holding hands with their boyfriends.

That's my experience too. For some reason people don't seem to understand that people are just people regardless of their preferences.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Tried A and B already. Gotta grab my Win 7 disc from my parents' house if I can find it and just reformat this bitch. Sigh.

If you're going to do a clean install might as well do a clean install of 10. If windows currently shows activated your hardware is already flagged by Microsoft for future activations as long as you retain your system board. I had a botched upgrade from 7 to 10 and all of the problems disappeared with the clean install.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

How do you go about doing a clean Win 10 install with just a Win 7 disc?

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Its most likely to just be a driver issue in my experience.

Is your wireless card showing up in device manager? Is it showing up as a working device? with a warning? or as an unknown device?

If its is showing up as a working device then uninstall it from device manager and tick the remove the driver checkbox, and reinstall it using a different downloaded driver. Repeat this and work through a couple of different driver options.

I found quite a few devices in the old laptops i have windows 10'd that needed an old version of the windows 7 driver installing to work..

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

Super Aggro Crag posted:

How do you go about doing a clean Win 10 install with just a Win 7 disc?

Download the W10 media creation tool, it will download necessary files and create a bootable USB thumb drive. When you run it select "create media for installation on another PC." When prompted for a key during installation skip the step, it will self activate later without a key.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

I've got a week until my last final so obviously I've been doing everything but studying. Finished and shipped my AI:SS gift, got my sheep game answers in, and of course setup all my monitors just how I want them.

12.67 mega pixels :smuggo: (I've really got to clear off my desktop, way too much crap on there.)

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I got a huge suprise tonight, was laying on my couch watching TV and my dog just popped up on me and laid down calmly. I've had the dog for five years and needless to say he's got more than a few issues, he's slowly gotten better since I moved out of my parents house but the fact that he could jump up on me and not be completely in my face is a huge leap forward for him. :shittydog:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Bajaha posted:

I've got a week until my last final so obviously I've been doing everything but studying. Finished and shipped my AI:SS gift, got my sheep game answers in, and of course setup all my monitors just how I want them.

12.67 mega pixels :smuggo: (I've really got to clear off my desktop, way too much crap on there.)
Which screens?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bajaha posted:

I can't stand missmatched screens. i've been searching for a third that matches my pair. when i bought my screens i paid i think $550 a piece. now that they're out of production, they're $1500 new, $1000 used, and $500 with stuck pixels or backlight bleed. and that's all USD so they're like $6,000 canadian at this point.

still not as bad as my mouse :( http://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/B00006B9CR/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

ilkhan posted:

Which screens?

Samsung 245BW (24" 1200p TN), Philips BDM4065UC (40" 4K VA), and Samsung S27D390 (27" 1080p PLS). The 24" was pricey when new and was pretty drat high-end when I got it and the 27" was dirt CHEAP, the 40" was on a pretty good sale for Black Friday so I picked it up from BB.

Mismatched screens does kinda irk me but I'm getting used to it, and I'm not dropping $Texas$ to get matching screens especially if my main one is 40". I've got them setup to be kinda close-ish colour/brightness wise, but there's only so much you can do eyeballing without a spectrometer and with 3 vastly different screens. In all honesty the two screens are the side are most likely to be used for playing a movie while studying, and displaying sources/spec sheets/ whatever.

Ouch with that mouse, I guess just don't break it ever?

Since 4K gaming is out of the question at the moment, I'll probably use one of the side screens at their native res and get decent framerates. Anybody got any tips for forcing games on a secondary or tertiary monitor? Googling isn't showing any elegant solutions. So far it seems like I"ll have to set one of them to the primary screen (which means apps open on them by default and other annoyances). Using windows key + P to set to projector only doesn't let me decide which screen it'll go to, seems to always to go to #2. Can you reorder the monitors in windows easily?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Was talking to my roommate's cousin about cars for an hour and then he asked if mine was a V4. :doh:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bajaha posted:

Ouch with that mouse, I guess just don't break it ever?

It breaks all the god drat time :negative:

It's usually the receiver that burns out. it's just unbelievably comfortable and so easy to be precise because you have 2 fingers on the ball, and you only use your index finger for the scroll wheel.

It's the greatest mouse ever made, but it's logitech so the build quality is garbage. Unfortunately, they realized they could poo poo in a box and sell it for $60 because they've roped stores into only carrying their product, so they don't even bother putting that much effort into it these days. Now they're just reboxing old yellowed ball mice and selling them for $60 because gently caress you.

I hear stories of people's workplaces throwing them out because nobody likes them, and that hurts my heart.

e: 4k is 4x 1080p, so if your card can't handle 4k, just play at 1080p on the main monitor with a little AA and it should look better than playing on the other monitors. both of mine are 1440p, so i just rock full res all the time.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Powershift posted:

e: 4k is 4x 1080p, so if your card can't handle 4k, just play at 1080p on the main monitor with a little AA and it should look better than playing on the other monitors. both of mine are 1440p, so i just rock full res all the time.

That was the original plan but my wife just started playing Fable and she's been complaining about not knowing where to look on the screen for info so I'm trying to get it to run on one of the smaller screens. 10 year old game so the graphics aren't exactly groundbreaking. It's also been a pain in the rear end since it doesn't support running in windowed mode. Surprisingly enough it will run in 4k, but the framerate just drops to like 10fps when you move your character at all (Yay 2GB of memory on the graphics card), plus the textures aren't high res so there really isn't that much of a point over 1080p for this particular game.

And do people seriously pay $800+ for those mice, or is that just a bunch of people hoping for a sucker? Quick look at eBay showed quite a few north of $300 as well. Was looking for a peripherals not that long ago and it seems like nobody has a decent offering. Everything is either really basic, or it's filled with blue LED's and a shitton of extra buttons for GAMERZ. gently caress buying mice and keyboards, they all suck now.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Was talking to my roommate's cousin about cars for an hour and then he asked if mine was a V4. :doh:

Tell em it's a V3 with super turbine charging.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I like modern mechanical keyboards. I don't have a Model M but I bought a Unicomp keyboard and I'm not a huge fan of it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bajaha posted:

That was the original plan but my wife just started playing Fable and she's been complaining about not knowing where to look on the screen for info so I'm trying to get it to run on one of the smaller screens. 10 year old game so the graphics aren't exactly groundbreaking. It's also been a pain in the rear end since it doesn't support running in windowed mode. Surprisingly enough it will run in 4k, but the framerate just drops to like 10fps when you move your character at all (Yay 2GB of memory on the graphics card), plus the textures aren't high res so there really isn't that much of a point over 1080p for this particular game.

And do people seriously pay $800+ for those mice, or is that just a bunch of people hoping for a sucker? Quick look at eBay showed quite a few north of $300 as well. Was looking for a peripherals not that long ago and it seems like nobody has a decent offering. Everything is either really basic, or it's filled with blue LED's and a shitton of extra buttons for GAMERZ. gently caress buying mice and keyboards, they all suck now.

Try hitting alt+enter. a lot of games without a windowed option in the graphics menu still go to windowed when you hit alt+enter.

Looking at the completed listings, a lot do go for over $300. it just ain't right.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Super Aggro Crag posted:

My slow cousin once overheard me talking about my car and asked how it could have 16 valves per cylinder. He was in school to be a mechanic at the time...

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Powershift posted:

Try hitting alt+enter.

Just get met with the windows shrill beep/buzz. :(

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Bajaha posted:

I have 3 x 27" 1080p, but I apparently hate money, so I'm seriously considering a Acer Predator X34 to replace the center one. It's one of the few 34" ultra-wides that support G-Sync so should be pretty awesome to play games on now that I've got the horsepower to drive a beast like that.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Bajaha posted:

Just get met with the windows shrill beep/buzz. :(

Then hit alt+F4 and play a game that doesn't suck :colbert:

The Locator posted:

I have 3 x 27" 1080p, but I apparently hate money, so I'm seriously considering a Acer Predator X34 to replace the center one. It's one of the few 34" ultra-wides that support G-Sync so should be pretty awesome to play games on now that I've got the horsepower to drive a beast like that.

I would wait for some seat time with an oculous before splurging on a gaming monitor. A stationary monitor for gaming might seem like an outdated concept.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Powershift posted:

Then hit alt+F4 and play a game that doesn't suck :colbert:

I would wait for some seat time with an oculous before splurging on a gaming monitor. A stationary monitor for gaming might seem like an outdated concept.

But but but think of the resolution!
:goonsay:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mafoose posted:

But but but think of the resolution!
:goonsay:

Yeah, but you can't strap it to your head.

the oculus is supposed to be 2160x1200. the starvr is 5120x1440 but that could be vaporware.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

The Locator posted:

Acer Predator X34

drat those look nice, but definitely getting sticker shock from the price. If you're primarily gaming an ultrawide seems really attractive. How's the FOV support for most games, I remember reading that was an issue with ultrawides.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArkzSPOGNPs

Awesome idea, Terrible execution. (Only because it doesn't seem to be all that reliable)

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 14, 2015

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then

Bajaha posted:

Display properties, make primary. Will change which one the game loads on in most cases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Watch
Sep 8, 2009
Perfect for LeMons? http://bringatrailer.com/2015/12/13/four-for-145k-ferrari-testarossa-project-package/

• Locked thread