Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Let's all take a moment to imagine what would've happened if Jennifer Lawrence had instead committed fully to working with David O. Selznick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-XfkfUaUpw

New Independence Day lol

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
The fact that they just play Bill Pullman's speech from the first movie over the trailer indicates they have nothing new to bring to the table.

On the other hand, it's interesting to see a movie in 2016 that apparently stars Jeff Goldblum (?!)

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

At least they brought back Judd Hirsch!

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

I obviously had no expectations for this, but I'm surprised by just how bland this looks. No incredible money shots of some iconic building being destroyed? What were they thinking?

edit: How many other sequels have been toiling in some form of production for as long? Indy 4? Ghostbusters 3?

Jewmanji fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Dec 13, 2015

twoot
Oct 29, 2012

Better quality: https://vid.me/lvBw

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

New Halo movie looks dope

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Fox is just glad they killed off Randy Quaid in the first one.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I like alien invasion movies so I'm looking forward to this. Couldn't see any strong leading actors in that trailer though, who's even the main character?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

kiimo posted:

Fox is just glad they killed off Randy Quaid in the first one.

I'm kind of sad he wasn't in the news for trying to break onto the set or something.

Maybe he did? (a la Richard Stanley)

Zzulu posted:

I like alien invasion movies so I'm looking forward to this. Couldn't see any strong leading actors in that trailer though, who's even the main character?

Jeff Goldblum ya dingus

Jewmanji
Dec 28, 2003

Zzulu posted:

The character's name is Ian Malcolm, he's a crossover character for the upcoming Independence Day/Jurassic World crossover films.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

therealjon_ posted:

At least they brought back Judd Hirsch!

You knew denn!

I see Jeff Goldblum and William Fichtner. I'm game.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Jewmanji posted:

The character's name is Ian Malcolm, he's a crossover character for the upcoming Independence Day/Jurassic World crossover films.

:awesome:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Jewmanji posted:

edit: How many other sequels have been toiling in some form of production for as long? Indy 4? Ghostbusters 3?

Mad Max: Fury Road :v:

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Oh man this is going to be live action X-Com and holy gently caress I'm either going to be disappointed or amazed.

Over under on Jewish Cigar Dad biting it early in the film?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

From THE ASYLUM comes...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Yeah, this is going to awesome because of

davidspackage posted:

Jeff Goldblum and William Fichtner.

No idea why they didn't cast Mae Whitman as Bill Pullman's daughter again though.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

teagone posted:

Yeah, this is going to awesome because of

No idea why they didn't cast Mae Whitman as Bill Pullman's daughter again though.
Dunno but I remember there being a massive shitstorm about it when it surfaced that they didn't cast her in the sequel.

E: And also Smith's kid was recast as well.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Scyantific posted:

Dunno but I remember there being a massive shitstorm about it when it surfaced that they didn't cast her in the sequel.

E: And also Smith's kid was recast as well.

Oh, he's in the movie too? I thought the lesser Hemsworth took over that role in the film. And by role I mean the younger hero character, not that Dylan actually grew up to be a giant Aussie man.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Bill Pullman looks like he leapfrogged Jeff Goldblum in age, incidentally.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Proper HD official release:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbduDRH2m2M

Mr. Motivator
Apr 17, 2005
I am displeased
I literally shot all over my keyboard. I've waited 20 years for this! I don't care if it's poo poo.

you'd all be dead now if it wasn't for my david!

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Mr. Motivator posted:

you'd all be dead now if it wasn't for my david!

Everyone talking poo poo, they're vultures.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
kris kristofferson does a mean bill pullman impersonation

Mr. Motivator
Apr 17, 2005
I am displeased

teagone posted:

Everyone talking poo poo, they're vultures.

You knew denn! And you did nothing

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY, FOX!

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

:gizz:

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Scyantific posted:

A few people on Tumblr complaining constitutes a massive shitstorm to you?

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

I don't get what Goldblum is supposed to be chocked at in the beginning.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

feedmyleg posted:

Three Kings and Huckabees are legit great.

Otherwise, yeah, ugh.

Huckabees is pretty great. Funny that it was born of such contentious circumstances, the movie itself feels light as a cloud.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

feedmyleg posted:

A few people on Tumblr complaining constitutes a massive shitstorm to you?

A lot of people on twitter agreed with Anna Kendrick about it https://twitter.com/AnnaKendrick47/status/593109572379942912?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Scyantific posted:

Oh man this is going to be live action X-Com and holy gently caress I'm either going to be disappointed or amazed.

Over under on Jewish Cigar Dad biting it early in the film?
Jewish Cigar Dad will never die :clint:

Kneecaps
Mar 22, 2003

We're not playing paddy cake here!
Soiled Meat

Jewmanji posted:

I obviously had no expectations for this, but I'm surprised by just how bland this looks. No incredible money shots of some iconic building being destroyed? What were they thinking?

Don't worry, there will be a trailer a month before release that spoils the whole plot and all the cool scenes.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Jewmanji posted:

Haven't watched the trailer yet, but it would be interesting if it was a somber look at the realities of trying to rebuild the world after all the destruction that the alien war caused.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Armyman25 posted:

Haven't watched the trailer yet, but it would be interesting if it was a somber look at the realities of trying to rebuild the world after all the destruction that the alien war caused.

It's not

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Armyman25 posted:

Perhaps I can interest you in some Cormac McCarthy?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

BonoMan posted:

Perhaps I can interest you in some Cormac McCarthy?

I haven't seen The Road but did like No Country for Old Men., though I don't know if that had more to do with the Coens.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Armyman25 posted:

They skipped that movie. I like to think it would have been titled Memorial Day.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Trailer looks like a crazy fun ride - should be an awesome summer blockbuster just like the last one.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Well it certainly looks better than Jurassic World

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Armyman25 posted:

I haven't seen The Road but did like No Country for Old Men., though I don't know if that had more to do with the Coens.

The Road is a great book and a good movie (although I feel like the movie was just a total wasted opportunity - I don't think they could quite commit to the brutally bleak scenarios in the book).

• Locked thread