Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
loving science what the gently caress does it know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

i'm not racist but the loving brown people who worship the chickenscratch god are fuckers and they should just leave australia for the white peoiple!!!!!

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Recoome posted:

i'm not racist but the loving brown people who worship the chickenscratch god are fuckers and they should just leave australia for the white peoiple!!!!!

Chickenscratch god-ism isn't a race, therefore I'm not racist and you're the real fascists. Now excuse me while I call for the deportation of those filthy chicken-nuggets.

EDIT: *protests islam in australia* *goes on holidays to bali*

hooman fucked around with this message at 07:33 on Dec 13, 2015

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Bali is mostly Hindu

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe

Birb Katter posted:

In a bit of :unsmith: news there is a group in Melbourne called No Fixed Address City Tours who employee homeless people as tour guides. $30 for a 3 hour tour if you cbf clicking links.
Isn't that below the award for tour guides?

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Pickled Tink posted:

Isn't that below the award for tour guides?
Not if it's a group tour and a bunch of people are paying the 30bux

Cartoon fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Dec 13, 2015

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Isnt that the cost to go on the tour, not what they're being paid?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
As the others have said, it's the cost of the tour and not the rate of pay.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Zenithe posted:

Bali is mostly Hindu

Sorry, I don't see race.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Zenithe posted:

Bali is mostly Hindu

Doesn't change them invading and culturally imposing themselves on a different country.

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

A homeless tourguide sounds like a good way to find where to get drugs.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

http://www.theage.com.au/federal-politics/political-opinion/bishop-abbott-trump-and-the-politics-of-delusion-20151210-glkzip.html

Glad to see RaptorFag getting full time work at the age.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

My Little Tony

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

Mithranderp posted:

My Little Tony

Wait, Abbott is yours? Todays Queensland fact is 'die in a fire'

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah it's only alright to pick apart the religion or cultural basis which the most successful societies in human history have ever been based on (Judeo-Christian) .. Islam is literally untouchable apparently, its perfect, it is THE abrahamic religion! just look at the middle east, its perfect!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

also lmao at the dudes splitting hairs between prejudice (the overarching discrimination against someone) vs racism (a specific form of prejudice, except based on percieved membership to a particular group/ethnicity).

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oi mate I'm not racist because
*retrieves tiny Oxford Dictionary for Pedants from arse*

CATTASTIC fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Dec 13, 2015

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
"I'm not against Islam, I'm just against sharia law."

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

I'm not racist, I am just engaging in critical thinking by evaluation a culture from the perspective of my culture, and I therefore judge my culture as the superior one and it's just leftist doublethink to hold any other opinion

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

sponsored by: all the people who I hate/have said mean things about me :(

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Recoome posted:

sponsored by: all the people who I hate/have said mean things about me :(

:perfect:

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
So the ACT Liberals are coming out strongly in favour of a moratorium on infrastructure projects that may damage the natural beauty of an area.

More propaganda from #thereaBC posted:

Canberra Liberals release artist's impression of treeless Northbourne Avenue, warn of ruined cityscape

The Canberra Liberals have released an artist's impression of what Northbourne Avenue could look like if the ACT Government's proposed light rail project goes ahead.

Light rail from Gungahlin in Canberra's north to the city is expected to be complete by 2019, with construction to begin in mid-2016.

But the removal of gumtrees on Northbourne Avenue has been a source of debate among city planners and ACT residents.

About 860 trees would be removed along the 12-kilometre route during the construction and operation phase of the project.

The ACT Government said to counteract the removal of a large number of trees, a tree planting strategy would be implemented.

The strategy would see around 1,800 new eucalyptus mannifera, known as brittle gum trees, planted into the "impact zone", which includes about 700 trees tree planted along the Federal Highway and Northbourne Avenue corridor.

:words:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

idgi, looks like canberra to me?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

holy poo poo, canberra is so tiny why do they need light rail. I was staying in Manuka and I'd walk to places like Civic and ANU because it's so flat and easy to walk.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Let us all take in this beautiful piece of writing by Blair Cottrell, renowned Australian Hitler enthusiast and convicted arsonist.

GrandTheftAutism
Dec 24, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
^ In the Harry Potter universe, his ilk would be rusted-on Death Eaters despite half of them being at least partly Muggleborn.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

wizard-hitler did nothing wrong

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
If you tweeted that at J.K. Rowling she'd probably own that dude with a snappy one-liner.

Almost worth it, but these guys are like that episode of The Simpsons where advertising comes to life and goes on a rampage and the best thing to do is not give them any attention.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
The person who defeated the most powerful evil wizard ever was a loving halfblood.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

much like the "we're not racists because Islam isn't a race" argument, the UPF duder completely misses the whole point of Harry Potter and uses some great mental gymnastics to arrive at the conclusion that Hitler was right all along.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Recoome posted:

holy poo poo, canberra is so tiny why do they need light rail. I was staying in Manuka and I'd walk to places like Civic and ANU because it's so flat and easy to walk.

I too enjoy walking an hour to work along the side of a freeway. Most people live further out than Manuka.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Yeah honestly I wasn't being serious.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

While we're on light rail chat, they should have done it deep underground. I don't care if it costs ten billion, do it right the first time.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

open24hours posted:

do it right the first time.

When has that ever happened in this country?

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM

open24hours posted:

While we're on light rail chat, they should have it with glorious bike paths and ban cars forever.

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

We're moving underground one way or another, might as well get a head start.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
I was just chatting with my coworkers about how racist Australia is compared to the US, and brought up the refugee camps. One of them literally said "at least they have a place to stay." :wtf::wtf::wtf:

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

12 year old child detected driving at 122kmh

A 12 year old girl has been detected driving at 122kmh on Illawarra Main Road in the State’s north.

On Saturday night at 10.37pm, police detected a speeding vehicle travelling at 122km/h on Illawarra Road.

The vehicle was intercepted on Youl Road, Perth, and police were shocked to discover the driver was a 12 year old girl.

A 21 year old man and a 16 year old girl were passengers in the vehicle.

The girl was charged and bailed for false name and driving offences.

Sgt Phil Summers, of Deloraine Police, said that more than half of all fatalities occur on country roads.

“This is a terrible example of a flagrant disregard for safety not only of the driver, but all other road users. This incident could very well have ended in tragedy,” Sgt Summers said.

“This is a timely reminder to the public on the dangers of speed over the Christmas period and the manner in which instances such as this will be treated by Tasmania Police who will be out in force over the festive period.”

cryingtasmaniandevil.gif

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

EXAKT Science posted:

I was just chatting with my coworkers about how racist Australia is compared to the US, and brought up the refugee camps. One of them literally said "at least they have a place to stay." :wtf::wtf::wtf:

noice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

EXAKT Science posted:

You know the US has its own network of migrant detention centres, right?

• Locked thread