Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zarb
Jan 23, 2010

heres what i think about da fat nigga butt:

smeel

Zarb fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Dec 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
"you see I'm not racist it's just that my IQ is very high so I don't have the native tribalism that makes stupid mudracers idiots" i'm glad you came by for this chat, friend

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

MagicMasochist posted:

Thanks again for the link to the proper NRx thread, and I wouldn't mind doing some legwork finding sources, even though ya'll are just gonna like, totally eviscerate it, I assume. I'd heard that you guys aren't too fond of nydwracu, which I find hilarious, because I was friends with nydwracu way back when we were just little kids. He stopped talking to me once he got into this whole blogging thing, and I had to independently find out about it all years later (in 2015).

Nyd needs to learn to write. Do justice to his horrible ideas.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Tbh you sound like a dumb American who is slightly less dumb than other dumb Americans you happen to converse with.

What kind of person doesn't know that there are many different types of "white people"? In America, of all places? You can't walk several steps without encountering many variants of "white people". Dutch, Irish, Italian, Greeks, Polish etc.

I hate to break it to you, but your profound insights on basic entry level trivia are pretty well known to most of the world.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!

Ddraig posted:

What kind of person doesn't know that there are many different types of "white people"? In America, of all places? You can't walk several steps without encountering many variants of "white people". Dutch, Irish, Italian, Greeks, Polish etc.

Certainly anyone who knows Nydwracu should be aware of Nyd's important information on why different strains of white people can't get along either. (Just to be gratuitously on-topic.)

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

MagicMasochist posted:

Before I moved to 'the hood' in San Diego I was basically terrified of being called a racist. After being jumped and robbed multiple times, never by whites, I don't mind being called a racist. I attribute the violence of some non-whites toward me as part of their tribal nature, which seems alien and strange to me, because I don't really belong to any tribe.

So what's a "tribal nature"?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Sharkie posted:

I'm tempted to say "Has friends"

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

MagicMasochist posted:

I'll take this obvious bait here, because, whatever man. Before I moved to 'the hood' in San Diego I was basically terrified of being called a racist. After being jumped and robbed multiple times, never by whites, I don't mind being called a racist. I attribute the violence of some non-whites toward me as part of their tribal nature,

:wow:

:wow:

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?
I kinda wanna reply to this dude but I also kinda don't want to suffer through reading his terrible posts.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
pro life tip: if you ever find yourself justifying your actions or believes by pointing out how smart you are
you're actually
not that smart

really smart people are the ones who are smart enough to realize that the score they got on an iq test is not their worth as a human being lol

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Sharkie posted:

I think insofar as it actually exists it's something close to a "siege mentality". You're in a bar, look around you, you see a whole bunch of people who you may have nothing in common with, and maybe a couple who you do, and varying degrees in between. Suddenly the bar comes under attack from a mob outside, they're smashing the windows, they're trying to get inside and harm you. In an instant the inhabitants feel an allegiance, you feel closer. You don't need to know who the mob are, at this instant it's us and them. I'm certain there have been psych studies on this exact phenomena.

People in ghettoized or marginalized communities and people who feel that they have less control over their fate are more likely to feel like this all the time. Obviously it's because of their lower IQ. :pseudo:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
If you want to look at it from a purely scientific point of view, those with lower IQs naturally deviated towards groups of other like-minded stupid people, which of course made survival that much more difficult for them in purely evolutionary terms as it's been well established that being part of a group with shared resources is much less likely to insure successful survival than those smart people who decided to go it alone.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

InediblePenguin posted:

pro life tip: if you ever find yourself justifying your actions or believes by pointing out how smart you are
you're actually
not that smart

really smart people are the ones who are smart enough to realize that the score they got on an iq test is not their worth as a human being lol

This enlightenment is not nearly dark enough. <:mad:>

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009

Uh...I'm just going to be straight here and say that I have almost no idea what in the ever-loving-gently caress you're talking about. Like you open with his article about how people should use information and compassion to try to sway people rather than lies and bullets, but I haven't seen much "BURN THEM ALL!" posts in D&D that are serious in any way. Like..could you state plainly what you believe, because you're kind of dancing all around this stance that I'd want to label as "racial realism" or something. Or are you admitting to being a straight up New Dark Enlightenment or whatever the heck it's called kind of guy? Because if that's your stance I'm pretty sure you and the neo-nazis would get along just fine.

Or maybe there's some context here that I'm missing that's causing me to badly understand all this. I dunno.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

MagicMasochist posted:

neo-Canaanite social justice warriors

:psyduck:

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Tias posted:

Oh gently caress, why did I have to look up Tunney :gonk:

Does she not realize that she would be killed over a loaf of bread in the feudal googletopia she dreams of happening?

Its the existence of her and Moldbug that make me want to bring out gulags. So that whiny pampered middle class white drama queens are no longer part of the equationa problem.

Also Magic you are obviously a troll. Carlyle is mentioned alot outside the DE. Neitchze mentioned him, also if you read about the French revolution you will likely see him mentioned. Nice try though. You are better then MIGF.

Weldon Pemberton
May 19, 2012

MagicMasochist posted:

Basically, I'm a nerd, and I love learning stuff and sharing that learning with other people. This, of course, means I ought to be burned at the stake for Moloch, according to neo-Canaanite social justice warriors.

Alright, after tormenting myself by reading the entirety of this post, it seems like you just like Moldbug because a) he points out the problems with liberal democracy, b) you feel persecuted by left-liberals for reasons I still don't fully understand, and c) he uses the big words and is S-M-R-T like you.

There's nothing wrong with the first point. A lot of us on the left wish there was more nuance in political discourse. I certainly don't enjoy how often I'm forced to say "hm, they have a point though," when I'm listening to criticisms of my allies. It does sometimes seem that we're not holding each other to the same standards as others, and that concepts like the "tone argument" are being used to excuse very lazy debate tactics, or simply shutting down any dissent. I'm not really a fan of the Jon Stewart-esque snark that some middle-class liberals use in lieu of argument, either. I feel that we could be alienating well-meaning people slightly less than we currently are.

However, you can find people who are interested in discussing these topics without coming to the incredibly bizarre and self-serving conclusions of the NRx crowd. Centrists and more traditional conservatives are very open to discussing their reservations about the parts of liberalism that are gaining traction. If you wanted to engage left-leaning goons, you would have had more success trying to start a thread that generally discussed the progress of modern liberal groups instead of making it a defence of Moldbug. This thread is here to try and explain the emergence of the unique extreme-right groups on the internet, and a few of their obscure progenitors. The PYF thread posted earlier goes into the Dark Enlightenment philosophy in more detail (with lots of discussion about Scott Alexander as well, btw) and discusses its pros and its many cons- it is essentially a mock thread, but the participants are delving quite deep into the material.

Weldon Pemberton fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Dec 13, 2015

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

MagicMasochist posted:

I have mixed-race family who I love, an Asian girlfriend, and plenty of non-white friends. But of course, liberals love going "oh my god! he said it! he said he has black friends! WHAT A TOTAL RACIST" -- which makes absolutely no sense to me. If I hated non-whites I just wouldn't talk to them ever, duh.

I got about this far and couldn't loving deal with any more when I saw the word "Navajo" so I'll just let you in on a lil' secret: racism isn't about full-on passionate rageloathing, it's not even just the more low-key slow-burning animosity of the most blatant and self-conscious racists, it's about having a bunch of hosed up demeaning ideas about people based on what you think their "race" is, these ideas aren't even explicitly about other races being inferior to yours and can just be a matter of boxing people into limited stereotypes and making unfounded assumptions about them. You can hold these ideas and still like people of other races. These ideas influence behavior in ways that aren't necessarily even consciously chosen by people who hold them. Honestly this more subtle kind is probably a lot more insidious and harmful because it flies under the radar and dopes like you seem to think that if you don't have a klan hood stored away you're not racist so you don't even recognize it as racist because sure you don't have any kind of overt negative feelings about other races but that's not the only way to be racist and not the only basis for racist actions. That's why "liberals" make fun of the "I have black friends" thing: it's a tell that someone is ridiculously ignorant and probably in denial about something. hth

eta: Yeah, good call.
\/\/\/\/

GunnerJ fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Dec 13, 2015

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A good thing for that poster to do would be to see if he can define race before saying anything else. When you say race, what do you mean by it?

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Oh hey, I'm reading the other thread now and

Filippo Corridoni posted:

I've got a theory.

The racism/"human biodiversity"/white nationalism poo poo is what happens when a sheltered rich white nerd decides to move to a scary black neighborhood to save money for more games on steam (or when these far-right, sheltered morons come across all the plethora of racist garbage clogging the internet), the weird pseudo-social conservatism poo poo is what happens when you delve so deep into the manosphere that you get to the people advocating "patriarchy" and traditional marriage so that they can finally get laid, and the cartoonish anti-democracy poo poo stems from their libertarian love of a free market unfettered by the filthy, mininum-wage loving masses.

Put a big ole dallop of nerd on top, and this is the hellish result.

Thank you, internet.

lol

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Ddraig posted:

If you want to look at it from a purely scientific point of view, those with lower IQs naturally deviated towards groups of other like-minded stupid people, which of course made survival that much more difficult for them in purely evolutionary terms as it's been well established that being part of a group with shared resources is much less likely to insure successful survival than those smart people who decided to go it alone.

Why would they do that? Going it alone isn't very smart, and most functional society needs people of all educational levels (I'm ignoring IQs here since they have no place in either historical or scientific discussion)

MagicMasochist posted:

I attribute the violence of some non-whites toward me as part of their tribal nature, which seems alien and strange to me, because I don't really belong to any tribe.
I think that I'm probably not very tribalistic, and I'm not sure if this correlates with a higher IQ or with maybe just a general higher openness to experience, or what the deal is there. Maybe its simply because I don't have any tribe to belong to, besides internet nerds.

You say this, but your odd rants about how liberals and your other political enemies are persecuting you and would destroy society if not held back by Thiel, Moldbug, and the supposed inferiority of leftism seems super tribal. It seems to me more like you're just too self-absorbed in your own persecution complex and sense of superiority to realize your own tribalism. Not only that, but you're displaying a couple of other classic fallacies too, such as your insistence that leftism is both a society-destroying cancer and a weak senseless ideology that has no influence in the real world - it's the classic "our enemies are so powerful and threatening that we must destroy them at all costs, and so weak and pathetic that we don't need to fear their shameful and feeble attempts at self-defense".

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Wait, Magic, are you a double-digit IQ inbred moron or are you an ultra-high IQ übermensch who is just too smart to be truly racist, unlike the uneducated gangbangers you live amongst? If you keep switching gears so quickly you're going to burn out the clutch.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
My iq is 1488 and I'm very concerned about the blacks

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
I wish the ethnics had conquered him and taken his account, what could they do with it that could possibly be worse

Marijuana Nihilist
Aug 27, 2015

by Smythe

MagicMasochist posted:

loving terrible post.

:agreed:

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MagicMasochist posted:

I don't know what Delta Team Forums is, but I'm actually not going to try to draw the discussion anywhere. I'm glad for the helpful posts I received here, and I didn't even get chewed up and spit out too much.

I did mention to them that I thought I had bumped the wrong 'SA NRx' thread, thank you for the link.

lmao, well, yeah. I didn't mean to imply that I was somehow on the same level as Moldbug; Land, or Yvain, or just about anybody who is much older than me and has spent many more years reading about this stuff. The point of that was to say "hey look over there, where the actual smart people of NRx are, and pick on them!". I figured you'd get more traction out of that than talking to lil ol' me.

I'll take this obvious bait here, because, whatever man. Before I moved to 'the hood' in San Diego I was basically terrified of being called a racist. After being jumped and robbed multiple times, never by whites, I don't mind being called a racist. I attribute the violence of some non-whites toward me as part of their tribal nature, which seems alien and strange to me, because I don't really belong to any tribe. My experiences living in a very low-income area in a big city, where I literally am a minority, have made me more aware of the fact that there are people in this world who would do me harm than I was before. My thoughts on 'the common solidarity of mankind' have eroded, and shaped into something new, with a keen eye toward my self-defense and continued existence. Basically, there probably exists a sort of scale, going from 'more tribal <-> less tribal', and people of any group can be at any point on this scale. I'd say the neo-nazi's who live out in east county San Diego are on the 'more tribal' side of that scale than myself, and even though I am white, they probably would beat me up just as quickly as the bloods or el norte or whichever non-white street gang.

I have mixed-race family who I love, an Asian girlfriend, and plenty of non-white friends. But of course, liberals love going "oh my god! he said it! he said he has black friends! WHAT A TOTAL RACIST" -- which makes absolutely no sense to me. If I hated non-whites I just wouldn't talk to them ever, duh. Though obviously, you have absolutely no way of verifying any of my claims. I take honesty very seriously, but again, no way to verify this. I'll just keep telling personal anecdotes though, because I'm dumb and gay.

My neighbor asked that I be the best man at his wedding, he is half African-American and half Navajo, so he's basically got the double whammy of "people who were hosed over by my ancestors". His fiancee is Iranian, and she says I'm the only white person she ever met who knows anything about Mohammed, the fertile crescent, and other important historical features of the Levant and surrounding areas. I also mentioned the Sykes-Picot agreement, and how I felt that essentially Britain and France should've just stayed out of the middle east. I've come to find that people really enjoy if you know things about their culture and their history, and unfortunately it seems, if you're going to learn about history, you're going to learn about racism to a huge extent. Not to mention, every cool historical fact I just mentioned, is extremely intro-level and not at all hard to find out about. It seems extremely sad to me that even basic stuff like that can make me appear so erudite to everyday people. My outlook on this is simply that not everybody can be expected to care about what amounts to useless information, and I need to keep in mind that I'm a nerd, so of course its endlessly fascinating to me. I don't like it when smart people use their knowledge to brow-beat their lessers. In fact, I don't feel as though my neighbor or his fiancee are my lessers, I just genuinely enjoy their company. We drink beer, and they let me ramble on endlessly about stupid old things. Not to mention when I leave, they thank me for my company. These people are not white. These people are much nicer to me than plenty of dumb whites I've met before.

I think that I'm probably not very tribalistic, and I'm not sure if this correlates with a higher IQ or with maybe just a general higher openness to experience, or what the deal is there. Maybe its simply because I don't have any tribe to belong to, besides internet nerds. There are plenty of dumb violent white criminals, so saying I'm allies with all white people seems just as dumb. I've quipped before that I probably would've been gassed in Nazi Germany for not being volkisch enough, which my neighbor was very surprised at, and asked me to explain why to him. He previously had been unaware that "white people" aren't just a thing, so I tried my best (and probably failed horribly) to explain that there are different groups of white people; like Anglo-Saxons, Nordics, the French used to be called Gauls and they basically kicked everyone's rear end militarily for a long time thanks to conscription armies, and as far as I can tell "Aryan" is just a made-up term and the Thule society is loving crazy. Though, even the Romans wrote about the 'berserker rage of the Teutons'. Did you know that most people you talk to in average everyday life just assume Germany has been around forever? They don't even know who Bismarck is! I am completely fine with this, I don't like using my "knowledge as a cudgel", and I get really excited and nerdy when I get the chance to try and explain useless stuff to people. Its really more for my benefit than theirs, I figure if I can do a decent job of explaining something, I probably understand it better myself.

Basically, I'm a nerd, and I love learning stuff and sharing that learning with other people. This, of course, means I ought to be burned at the stake for Moloch, according to neo-Canaanite social justice warriors.

Does this help at all? Sorry if you actually read all that my dude. If you live in SD though we can go out for a beer and I can show you my hood, my friend.

In some ways I agree but I don't see how having a discussion is bad for me, since I get to learn more stuff; - it might be bad for everyone else going "ugh look at this guy!" but that's on them really, and that's how I feel. I do know the difference between those things, I was being facetious. The joke is that I'm way out to the right beyond retard sisterfucker cove and... well, you get the idea. I'm probably not that right wing. Who knows. When I read "The End of History and the Last Man" by Fukuyama, I get a little twinge in my eyeball, and a bit of a headache, because Fukuyama never seems to mention the massive amounts of death involved in overthrowing regimes to install Liberal Democracies -- whereas that's kind of Moldbug's whole shtick.

As to actual influence, well, an earlier poster had already mentioned how its scary that Peter Thiel seems to be listening to them. Silicon Valley in general seems like the perfect breeding ground for this entire thing, and the valley is much more powerful in the real world than any tumblr girl. Though, this seems obviously over-attributing their influence.

Thanks again for the link to the proper NRx thread, and I wouldn't mind doing some legwork finding sources, even though ya'll are just gonna like, totally eviscerate it, I assume. I'd heard that you guys aren't too fond of nydwracu, which I find hilarious, because I was friends with nydwracu way back when we were just little kids. He stopped talking to me once he got into this whole blogging thing, and I had to independently find out about it all years later (in 2015).

Welp, that's it for this loving terrible post.

Hahaha every racist white boy seems to have an Asian girlfriend these days :gary:

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Swan Oat posted:

My iq is 1488 and I'm very concerned about the blacks

> The Something Awful Forums > Debate and Discussion: The Problem Attic > The Dark Enlightenment: My iq is 1488 and I'm very concerned about the blacks

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine
Assuming that this is his tumblr, this is an amusing jerk-off he saw fit to post:

Idiot posted:

SJW: You can't be against the Ferguson protests because the KKK is and if you're not with us you're with the KKK and you're a racist.

Me: You can't be against eating meat because Hitler was a vegan and enacted anti-vivisection laws and if you think cigarettes are bad you're evil too and you can't believe in gun control either and if you use the highway you're a hypocrite because the Nazis built highways too and if you do any of this you're a racist piece of poo poo who is also an anti-semite.

Me: If you're a Christian that means you hate Muslims because Vlad Tepes was a Christian that killed 40,000 invaders and also if you steal anything that means you should be put to death too regardless of your age because that was one of his policies.

Me: If you defend the US Constitution that means you also have to defend Hammurabi's Code because the latter influenced the former and that means you have to support slavery and you can beat the poo poo out of a pregnant woman until she loses her baby and then just pay her ten shekels and also if you slander somebody you should have your face cut up so people know to stay away from you.

Me: If you drive a Volkswagen that means you're a rapist serial killer because Ted Bundy drove a Volkswagen and also you can't have a cast on your arm or use crutches because Ted Bundy used those too and if you ever lie that means you are literally as bad as Ted Bundy.

Me: If you've ever used LSD that means you supported MKUltra and you are literally responsible for the Oklahoma City bombing as well as the rapes and torture of countless people.

EDIT: I hope this isn't him.

Merdifex fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Dec 13, 2015

Bob le Moche
Jul 10, 2011

I AM A HORRIBLE TANKIE MORON
WHO LONGS TO SUCK CHAVISTA COCK !

I SUGGEST YOU IGNORE ANY POSTS MADE BY THIS PERSON ABOUT VENEZUELA, POLITICS, OR ANYTHING ACTUALLY !

(This title paid for by money stolen from PDVSA)

quote:

The idea that we can include everyone in our individualist enterprise is shown to be false, as other peoples might be fine as individuals, but also have strong group interests; and one group in particular has an especially strong group hatred for us. I say this because obviously for a number of years now I have had the moniker of 'nazi pony guy’ hanging around in the background, so if anyone is going to sail this ship it’s going to be me. There is a place for the new and inventive right, a truly European, energetic and youthful right wing that likes martial industrial music and kids cartoons

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Merdifex posted:

Assuming that this is his tumblr, this is an amusing jerk-off he saw fit to post:

Note that if you check out the rest of it, half the posts seem to be reblogs of gifs of women sucking dicks. Just in case that's not something you're looking to see right now.

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

Merdifex posted:

ummmmmmmMMMMM :stare:

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MagicMasochist posted:

Welp, that's it for this loving terrible post.
I'd be all up for defending this guy!!, can somebody give me a tl;dr though? Cause, lol

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Merdifex posted:

What, Dylan Roof looks like the guy who bullied me in middle school never finished puberty. This is strange. I now feel a weird renewed urge to beat up Dylan Roof.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there's a subculture out there vindicating and mourning racist spree killers, but I still don't like it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

quote:

We’ve got to SAVE this RETARDED BOY

Is pretty funny out of context, though. I bet their teacher really regretted giving that video a B after everything that happened.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Merdifex posted:

If it is, he's really, really upset about feminism, what a shock.

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Dec 14, 2015

Merdifex
May 13, 2015

by Shine

Cingulate posted:

What, Dylan Roof looks like the guy who bullied me in middle school never finished puberty. This is strange. I now feel a weird renewed urge to beat up Dylan Roof.

I'm sure you could steelman it / find the schelling point

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

Certainly anyone who knows Nydwracu should be aware of Nyd's important information on why different strains of white people can't get along either. (Just to be gratuitously on-topic.)

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

The gently caress is this?! :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
He seems to have a shrine to noted mass murderer Dylann Roof on his homepage. :stare:

• Locked thread