Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I'm pissed that I overslept and Ty got locked before I could sub him out. My only solace is it wouldn't have made a bit of difference. Because I'm real bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
So I'm guessing people who haven't bought an avatar on here get bonzi buddy?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Anderron Shi posted:

So I'm guessing people who haven't bought an avatar on here get bonzi buddy?

Yup. It's the new Stupid Newbie.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Farting, I'm so sorry.

Rough here too

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

seventeen baby

Hope you're getting some sleep

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

bigfoot again posted:

Hope you're getting some sleep

first four hour stretch in two weeks just now.

dsaylight savings is wonnnderful

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm so glad we all get to share this experience together.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
My team is so garbage but somehow if Gronk outproduces Amendola tonight, I keep the division lead.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Let me tell you how I took Gordon first overall because I had Gurley in a couple other leagues and didn't want to have all my teams to look the same.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

All the arms we need are for hugging
Hey guys, I just made a big mistake trying to deal with IR. I was trying to drop Matt Cassell and accidently selected dropping Teddy Bridgewater. Can I get a reverse on that?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Really you should be keeping Cassel anyway, he's a diamond in the very rough

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

I'd prefer Bridgewater!

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
I do not understand how this division is possible.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
I still feel like I have the best roster in our league but man this team has been garbage. If I lose this week, that pretty much does it for the playoffs. Maybe I'll finally draft a RB in the first three rounds.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhSnapGangsta posted:

Hey guys, I just made a big mistake trying to deal with IR. I was trying to drop Matt Cassell and accidently selected dropping Teddy Bridgewater. Can I get a reverse on that?

Has this been fixed? Otherwise I'll take care of it.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Has this been fixed? Otherwise I'll take care of it.

It is now. Thanks!

Re: Ridiculous division, yes it really makes me wish our system for choosing the last play-off team wasn't just who scored the most points.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

OhSnapGangsta posted:

It is now. Thanks!

Re: Ridiculous division, yes it really makes me wish our system for choosing the last play-off team wasn't just who scored the most points.

Why? It's by far the best method to determine the wildcard.

I'm in a league this year where I'm 3rd or 4th in points scored and my record is 3-7.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
Yeah, I mean I have more points than half of that division. Seems like the deserving teams will get in.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

Don't get me wrong, if we went to playoffs right now, I would be the one getting in. It is just not intuitive if a 3-7 team gets into the playoffs (your example). I don't care enough to argue it though.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

OhSnapGangsta posted:

Don't get me wrong, if we went to playoffs right now, I would be the one getting in. It is just not intuitive if a 3-7 team gets into the playoffs (your example). I don't care enough to argue it though.

It's not intuitive to have win/loss records when you have no ability to affect the performance of your opponent. Total points scored is a way better metric at determining the best teams.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
gently caress you Eagles defense, you cost me the playoffs.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

You can do it, Keshawn Martin. I believe in you!

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

This division now has four 8-4 teams.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
gently caress the Browns.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Hey guys I made a major fuckup and I'd like to publicly declare my stupidity. I meant to drop Rod Smith and accidentally dropped Charles Sims instead. Please allow me to correct this mistake.

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Dec 5, 2015

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

I'll allow it. Good to know I'm not the only dumb rear end.

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009
Since playoffs are nearing and I once again am relishing the probability of losing in the semis and never seeing the finals, how does seeding work again? Is the fourth place seed the points leader, or are all four playoff candidates seeded based on points?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Frgrbrgr posted:

Since playoffs are nearing and I once again am relishing the probability of losing in the semis and never seeing the finals, how does seeding work again? Is the fourth place seed the points leader, or are all four playoff candidates seeded based on points?

"Three division winners and top scorer of the remaining teams qualify for playoffs. Playoffs are seeded by score and take place in week 15 and 16. Teams finishing 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&12 will play off in week 16 for draft picks 7/8, 5/6, 3/4, 1/2, with the winner getting the higher pick. Semi-final losers will playoff for picks 9&10 in the same way Superbowl winner picks last, however."

I guess top scorer means most points scored as opposed to actual win/loss.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

Really wish I had Keenan Allen for this playoff run, I feel like I'd have a good shot at winning with Julio, Watkins, Allen, and Crabtree.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011

Papes posted:

Really wish I had Keenan Allen for this playoff run, I feel like I'd have a good shot at winning with Julio, Watkins, Allen, and Crabtree.
I thought I had a good shot this season with Dez, AJ Green, Emmanuel Sanders, Donte Moncrief, Kelvin Benjamin, and Jordan Matthews. Even spent my first round pick on another WR.
:negative:

Hoping Alucard's team outscores everyone and wins a championship with a worse record than myself.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I will just be happy if we can collectively prevent B4BG from making the playoffs.

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
And now Dalton is done. I think my WRs are cursed.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alucard posted:

I will just be happy if we can collectively prevent B4BG from making the playoffs.

That seems likely at this point.

OhSnapGangsta
Jun 24, 2006

My team decided to poo poo the bed today as well though(Amari Cooper with 0 catches and Greg Olsen who only played for 1 half) so we may end up with an entire division of 9-5 teams. It will depend on total points scored over the season to determine who gets the spot so it likely will still be B4BG in the playoffs.

edit: Looks like Newtonian Fluid will get the wild card spot so I am probably completely out now.

OhSnapGangsta fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Dec 14, 2015

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
FYI looking at the settings, unless playoffs are manually seeded, it looks like it will be overall record, THEN total points. Standings are set in that order, and I don't see any other rules in the MFL settings that say otherwise.

It's in the bylaws, so we should just make sure that it takes properly when it comes to playoffs.

Basically, 2 of the three of us (OhSnap, B4BG, Me) will make it to the playoffs. Just depends on who gets the most points and whether OSG / B4BG win their games. And if both of you win / lose, who scores more points.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Dec 14, 2015

Nawid
Mar 27, 2011
It's redemption time for the Peyton Manning + 2nd Round Pick for Jake Locker and Jeremy Maclin trade that destroyed everyones chances of winning the league the past two years.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I've always been in it for the long game. Jake Locker will rise again...

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
We have to manually seed the other matches anyway.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Last year I could have drafted OBJ. I got Davante Adams instead. gently caress me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Last year I could have drafted OBJ. I got Davante Adams instead. gently caress me.

Could be worse, you could've gotten Christine Michael :v:

• Locked thread